Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
If I'm him I start insulting the players more and more until I get the sack and a few million. Then pop back to Norway for an easy life.

Imagine going to training every day and having to look at Phil Jones as the drool slowly rolls down his chin? Depressing.

shaky

Hired him too soon. We needed to see him go through shit like this, and how many losses is it now in how many games?

Poch was such an obvious choice.
Poch took years to turn Spurs into the force they are. He would be in exactly the same boat Ole's in right now. Stuck with a bunch of overpaid, underperforming players who look like they just met. Why does anyone think he'd have been be daft enough to swap Spurs for this Utd mess anyway?

Rafaeldagold

It’s a bit embarrassing.
My biggest issue isn’t so much the results lately but the performance & what is our style??

We don’t seem to have one & I don’t know if I trust Ole to have a massive transfer budget to be honest & we need it as we have so much deadwood in the squad

Nick7

I would like to say I'm not anti Ole, or want him gone or whatever. I just think it was an incredibly stupid and short sighted decision to give him the permanent role before the end of the season. Ed wanted some good will based on how happy we were.

It's more frustration with the board and our current position they've put us in than against Ole.

Classical Mechanic

They are trying, we're just playing very badly against a hyped up Everton.

Matic was for some reason trying to cover the ball wide, ignoring that the guy with the ball is one of the tastiest strikers of the ball in the league.
We've run 4km less than Everton. They're not working, nothing to do with technical qualities. Lets see if he can put a rocket up their arses in the second.

Fridge chutney

Call me old fashioned. But I’d like to wait until he can actually have a) a pre season with the team and b) get some of his preferred incomings and outgoings.

He might be ballsing up with tactics or selection (I have no idea to be honest) but I can’t get over the sheer shite quality some of these players exude.

We have no consistent performers. And most notable to me we have no striker that other teams actually fear (Rashford is a squad player at best anywhere else).
You're absolutely right (except the last sentence, in my opinion). The players look unable to deal with the rigour of his system, at least since March. An offseason of conditioning, training, player additions, subtractions, etc. are needed.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Yeah? Not disagreeing with that. But there's problems with all three. The board, the manager, and the players.

The board blew their load way too fast when they saw how happy we were with Ole as caretaker. Ole can't seem to arrest this poor run of form, he also struggles to change games around as they're going on. The players look like they've given up and some look like they don't want to play for us. It's very very telling when someone like Herrera who just a couple of months ago was the "captain without the armband" is willing to sign with another club before the season is out. That's on the board too, but blame has to be shared with those players.

Everything seems rotten to the core.
Maybe the players actually see that Ole isnt good enough? Most will jump ship and we're now back where we were after Moyes was sacked. Paying over the odds for players who'll follow in the same path as those signed over the last 6 years. We could sign Neymar and Mbappe and we'll be asking the same questions - "why don't they care"?!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This goes beyond today. We’ve been outplayed by West Ham, Watford and Wolves and now Everton in recent weeks. All decent teams but haven’t got anywhere near the quality we have. You have to ask yourself why that is? Whilst I agree we have plenty of shit as well in our squad, those teams have simply been better managed, had better game plans than us and Ole just sits there and changes nothing whilst it unfolds in front of him.
The early Ole approach was different to the last few weeks. He's realised we can't play that high intensity approach as we're not fit enough, hence that stack of injuries.

The squad is lop sided, nothing on the right, no actual creators, and today we're basically playing three strikers, with two out wide, neither of who can create.

The centre mid worked when we had Herrera in there, but his situation has blown that open.
Take out Shaw as well, and all of a sudden it's a right old hotch potch.

DavelinaJolie

I wasn't a fan of taking him on permanently before the end of the season, and whilst I don't entirely blame him for these results, I do question his adjustments or even his ability to get the most out of these players.

Ferginolol

Hesus Almighty. Solskjaer putting up records left and right. This is absolutely horrible.

NK86

Everyone knew McTominay has been playing better than Matic of late yet he still threw that been stalk in. I am not saying we would be winning with mctominay but we would probably not be looking a man short in midfield
Exactly. He is doing the same thing we accused Jose of. Drops a player in good form for a walking mummy. He is worse than Mourinho in that sense. All that talk of giving youth chance and he has just dropped the one performing one.

Plus his pandering of Rashford is nauseating. If he is allowing him to take freekicks like that game after game, then he has no clue how to manage our players. Rashford is no Ronaldo and isn't fit enough to lace his boots, yet Rashford gets similar treatment to how SAF treated Ronaldo in his younger days.

fallengt

Thank feck we have Woodward. The man is a real genius, we're truly blessed with his vision.
United would be fighting relegation without him.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It’s a bit embarrassing.
It's truly pathetic.

They say fans have no patience these days, but he hasn't even had the chance to sign anyone yet!

Still...his problem is he's shown us how good it feels to win a lot again, so he's a victim of his own start.

SteveW

Some crowd of entitled idiots in here.

Ole has said he wants to build our game around fitness and speed. How is he supposed to do that with the least fit squad in the league? They look spent.

We will look a different team once pre season and the transfer window are over.

Mark my words.

soapythecat

The manager is always going to get criticised when the team is set up so poorly. Ole has to be held to account for the way the team is set up to play....or lack of set up. Watching that first half, the only consistent move or tactic I could make out was when Pogba dropped deep to the get the ball to play it long to Rashford.
We aren't pressing but at the same time we have men committed forward who aren't tracking back. I don't get what the formation is trying to achieve. Everton are strolling through our midfield - this is Morgan Schniederlin we are talking about here.
The players are not doing the basics but the set up is all wrong. Has been for months.

redshaw

Feel sad for Ole and it's such a shame the players want to spoil all that good work they put in. Players looking elsewhere, contracts running out, the unity they had has really fizzled out. We've gone from brilliant to a form worse than Jose it seems. More than just the setup.

I knew Ole faced a huge task come the summer but it's looking like we might have to really take some steps back. Some of the bigger names are probably going and it will be youth and low key signings just get the squad number up. Could be a while before we challenge for top 4 again.

Would also not surprise me some of these players didn't like the credit Ole was getting and constant singing of his name.

Rashford and Shaw aside these players are rotten.

Paul_Scholes18

Can he motivate our players? We are not fighting nor making runs. If players are not doing anything they need to be dropped, but he just keeps on playing the same guys though.

Ole has a lot to prove in the future. Hopefully he can get the right players in this summer since we need to get it right.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Everyone knew McTominay has been playing better than Matic of late yet he still threw that been stalk in. I am not saying we would be winning with mctominay but we would probably not be looking a man short in midfield
that's because he believes in youths

Mister_Stubbs

It's truly pathetic.

They say fans have no patience these days, but he hasn't even had the chance to sign anyone yet!

Still...his problem is he's shown us how good it feels to win a lot again, so he's a victim of his own start.
I don’t want him to have the chance to sign anyone. He hasn’t done anything to be given that chance. This is a man who keeps playing Ashley fecking Young.. he clearly lacks any sort of quality when identifying player quality.

Dante

Average bang
I can only imagine that the dressing room dynamic is impossible to manage.

Mourinho losing the dressing room is par for the course. But he had it at one point. Ole, too, had them purring at one point. But it seems like nobody can get them to consistently play to their potential unless they want to.

I'd be in favour of smashing the cliques and shipping out the ringleaders. I don't mean this to sound anti-Pogba because I like the guy, but I think his influence on his teammates is probably too strong. That can be both a good thing and bad thing, of course. But if, as is the case now, he's in a bad mood, everyboody suffers.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don’t want him to have the chance to sign anyone. He hasn’t done anything to be given that chance. This is a man who keeps playing Ashley fecking Young.. he clearly lacks any sort of quality when identifying player quality.
Yep, Young has been dreadful today.

Dr. StrangeHate

Cant wait for the performance threads later.
All the fan boys out in force, defending their heroes
You will see that what most people are saying is that the whole club is shit. Players, coaching staff, owners, manager (too early but not looking good), CEO, structure and the tea lady. Very few people are being Fanbois.

Red00012

Smalling just hoofing the ball out of the box when he can pass to Pogba who can set up a counter attack just says it all. We are utter tripe.

Litch

Some crowd of entitled idiots in here.

Ole has said he wants to build our game around fitness and speed. How is he supposed to do that with the least fit squad in the league? They look spent.

We will look a different team once pre season and the transfer window are over.

Mark my words.
This isn't about fitness and speed. This is about application, desire and ability.

chris123

Am I allowed to think that Ole shouldn't be to blame for the total lack of quality of the majority of the players in the squad, whilst also wanting no part of him being trusted to oversee this rebuild?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Maybe the players actually see that Ole isnt good enough? Most will jump ship and we're now back where we were after Moyes was sacked. Paying over the odds for players who'll follow in the same path as those signed over the last 6 years. We could sign Neymar and Mbappe and we'll be asking the same questions - "why don't they care"?!
This.

He isn't a good enough manager, and players have a limited amount of time to win trophies in their career.

If we'd brought in a proper manager the players would want to stay and play I assure you.

Ole isn't just not a top manager - he isn't a PL level manager. No other PL club wanted him after Cardiff.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It's truly pathetic.

We appointed Moyes MKII and you want people to show patience?

Status
Not open for further replies.