Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

C'est Moi Cantona

You'd have thought the motivation to announcing Ole as permanent manager before the end of the season was that we had something else to announce as well, a DOF, a new player perhaps, but seemingly not, so I just don't get why we did it.

The_Bloods

Lets see what happens in the second half because it looks like he's lost the dressing room out there at the moment.
If that's the case, we need a massive fire sale this summer. He's been patient, tried to get them playing football and has mostly shielded the players from any kind of criticism. He's made one public comment that they need to wake up and perform - if they can't take that, they can all feck off. I'd prefer to see the kids playing than this lot.

de Gea and Pogba have to go, I honestly think they're the root cause of the rot.

AndyMUFC

Ole is not the problem.

I don't know if he's the man to turn it around but regardless, the players are fecking pathetic. They don't even look like they're breaking a sweat.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Give us some balance then please after that absolute shit show of a 45 minutes.
The poor squad we have is coming home to roost.
Everton away is never a cake walk.

Possibly let Ole at least have one window to bring players in first?

You know, that sort of thing before we slate a manager?

Un4givableB

Ole should get time to build his team but it's worrying how mismanaged/disorganised a team we look.
:lol: Woodward/Glazers wouldn't let Jose build his team and you think they will let ' please sir can I have some more ' Ole build 'his' team. Dream on.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Didn't want Ole to get the job but at the same time feel bad for him :(

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
It turns out the guy who has only ever managed Cardiff and in the Norwegian league may not be the second coming of Guardiola. Who'd have thought, eh?

redIndianDevil

Call me old fashioned. But I’d like to wait until he can actually have a) a pre season with the team and b) get some of his preferred incomings and outgoings.

He might be ballsing up with tactics or selection (I have no idea to be honest) but I can’t get over the sheer shite quality some of these players exude.

We have no consistent performers. We have no striker that other teams actually fear (Rashford is a squad player at best anywhere else).
God no. We have to be ruthless. feck being old fashioned, we should get with the times. We needed a coach not another manager who has no idea how to coach and we should stop giving money to such managers even if we are stupid enough to appoint them. Managers who have no idea how to coach end up hoovering useless players just because they are available and we will end up in a cycle of appointing managers and buying players.

NK86

True to an extent but other sides have also improved while we have been through transition. We need a more good players who fit into Ole's profile
What is his profile of players? What style exactly is he trying to play? I get that some of the players need to be shipped out pronto but what kind of players does he need to achieve his style of football?

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Ole still has a more attacking mentality than Mourinho. Unfortunately, the players either haven't, or have forgotten how. I don't care how brilliant Pogba is, I'm sick of him. No urgency, no passion, can't inspire. What's his percentage of great games for us? Smalling and Jones should never have been given new contracts - and I said this even when United were doing well. And Matic has nearly always been little more than a passenger.

Said all along that I won't judge Ole until he brings his own players in.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Awful appointment, never going to get us in top 4, never mind turning us into championship contenders.

We’ll blame Ed, Glazers, Young and others but the buck stops with the manager.

Absolutely rubbish.

pjaya

Not sure what ole is thinking now, but if I am the manager I would have shouted at the players. Or kick a something showing displeasure

-Supreme-

I don't think he has lost the dressing room, this is our 4th game over the last 10 days and I'm surprised he hasn't made more changes in personnel today as the team clearly lacked energy and intensity.

Zoo

The players don’t want to work, Everton have run 4km more. Happened under Jose and now Ole, we know where the problem is. Ed needs to help him in the summer by getting a DoF and establishing a proper structure.

SteveW

Players are out on their feet.

Judge Ole when he has a squad of fit players next season. That's what his style is built on.

DRM

Maybe Poch will be available next December when Ole gets the sack

Classical Mechanic

Ah the classic "lost the dressing room" line already :lol:
They're not trying. Everton are hardly playing at a high intensity but we're barely contesting second balls and are well off the pace. Look at that second goal. Matic was being inexplicably lazy and De Gea makes a half arsed effort to save it.

passing-wind

You'd have thought the motivation to announcing Ole as permanent manager before the end of the season was that we had something else to announce as well, a DOF, a new player perhaps, but seemingly not, so I just don't get why we did it.
I remember even the commentary saying that old Trafford looked muted when he was announced. It could be a factor that we had a few had results leading up to it, but I've always said I don't think Ole has the pedigree to move us forward. We are seeing why the likes of Eddie Howe and such coaches don't get the opportunities to manage bigger clubs because there's levels when it comes to management. In a managerial context Howe is actually better suited to the job then Ole, especially on the basis of his management in the league.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
What is his profile of players? What style exactly is he trying to play? I get that some of the players need to be shipped out pronto but what kind of players does he need to achieve his style of football?
Basically the old Fergie model. English core with a few Europeans and the South Americans to augment them.

bleedred

People have absolutely zero perspective. We had no right to be anywhere close to top 4. We got there because of the team. We have lost games against arsenal, wolves and Everton away during that run where most teams have struggled and yet it is some sort of a doomsday scenario.

Half of our fan base deserves Jose for 5 more years.

redIndianDevil

It turns out the guy who has only ever managed Cardiff and in the Norwegian league may not be the second coming of Guardiola. Who'd have thought, eh?
Exactly. What an idiotic decision to not wait until the end of the season. Woodward must be the most idiotic moron CEO in the world.

freeurmind

weak willed
Be interesting to see which of those on here who were stringently anti mourinho are now against Ole. I firmly believe there's quite a dew supporters of other clubs masquerading on here to cause discontent.

Nick7

Whos fault is it? Our board. The same board who've now rushed into giving the job to an unproven manager which in truth is as bemusing as giving Moyes the fecking job.
Yeah? Not disagreeing with that. But there's problems with all three. The board, the manager, and the players.

The board blew their load way too fast when they saw how happy we were with Ole as caretaker. Ole can't seem to arrest this poor run of form, he also struggles to change games around as they're going on. The players look like they've given up and some look like they don't want to play for us. It's very very telling when someone like Herrera who just a couple of months ago was the "captain without the armband" is willing to sign with another club before the season is out. That's on the board too, but blame has to be shared with those players.

Everything seems rotten to the core.

Mister_Stubbs

The poor squad we have is coming home to roost.
Everton away is never a cake walk.

Possibly let Ole at least have one window to bring players in first?

You know, that sort of thing before we slate a manager?
This goes beyond today. We’ve been outplayed by West Ham, Watford and Wolves and now Everton in recent weeks. All decent teams but haven’t got anywhere near the quality we have. You have to ask yourself why that is? Whilst I agree we have plenty of shit as well in our squad, those teams have simply been better managed, had better game plans than us and Ole just sits there and changes nothing whilst it unfolds in front of him.

Vadim

Maybe Poch will be available next December when Ole gets the sack
And he’ll turn Smalling and Jones into Alderweireld and Vertonghen will he? And Lukaku into Kane?

Get some perspective.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They're not trying. Everton are hardly playing at a high intensity but we're barely contesting second balls and are well off the pace. Look at that second goal. Matic was being inexplicably lazy and De Gea makes a half arsed effort to save it.
They are trying, we're just playing very badly against a hyped up Everton.

Matic was for some reason trying to cover the ball wide, ignoring that the guy with the ball is one of the tastiest strikers of the ball in the league.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
It was a good run lads, time to change manager again because Ole is tactically clueless, lost the dressing room, yes man, not good enough etc.

Woodward and his lackeys should get a pay rise though, they've been doing a fantastic job.

Cant wait for the performance threads later.
All the fan boys out in force, defending their heroes
Martial doesn't have fan boys anymore, they lost faith after the 5th shite game in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.