Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I only who took this as a positive? Usually these supporting claims appear before the manager ends up getting the sack. Arsenal board posted an announcement supporting Emery and saying he was the right man before sacking him few weeks later. It's the beginning of the end. Cheers guys! He will be gone in summer I'm sure about that.
Hmm true

Xaviboy

We have tougher set of fixtures coming up. He needs give the FA cup up this weekend to save legs for City and Wolves next week.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The board? Are you under the assumption people think Ole going fixes everything? Why are people still pretending the majority think like that :lol:

Ole going fixes some obvious things, but its just the tip of the iceberg.
It will fix nothing. Poch would need £300-400m to fix this squad. Money that he won't be getting.

I don't think Ole is the right man but nobody will be until the club is sold. It's toxic from top to bottom.

Canagel

The amazing thing is this season can still be rescued if they sack this awful manager. The top 4 is achievable under a competent manager and we are still in the FA and Europa League. Nothing will happen though because the people running this club don't give a shit, season is well and truly done and it's only a matter of how far we will fall in the table.
He killed himself when he rushed back our best players to save himself and put his job before the health of our best players. Selfish man, can't say I have any sympathy for him.

Zlatattack

He has to go now. I don't blame everything on him - he's been given a poor hand. He rightfully got rid of a lot of players, but the club has failed to aquire enough replacements.

We have seen glimpses of positivity, only yesterday I was reading about his evolving tactics; but the injuries etc haven't allowed for any cohesion in the first 11 and tbh, beyond them the squad is awful. At the same time though, we have some very good players playing quite poorly. It's his job to motivate them, reprimand them, coach them.

Given a few more decent players, and the return of the current lot to fitness, he could do much better; but I think there are a lot of managers who'll do a whole lot better than Ole can with the same.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
We have tougher set of fixtures coming up. He needs give the FA cup up this weekend to save legs for City and Wolves next week.
What will that do for moral? They need a win at somewhere difficult to win. We are not going to do anything at City with Rashford, never thought I would be saying that, then Wolves more often than not have our number.

Judas

Open to offers
It will fix nothing. Poch would need £300-400m to fix this squad. Money that he won't be getting.

I don't think Ole is the right man but nobody will be until the club is sold. It's toxic from top to bottom.
Poch and his staff will no doubt improve our current mugs though who can't defend a set piece.

mu4c_20le

The amazing thing is this season can still be rescued if they sack this awful manager. The top 4 is achievable under a competent manager and we are still in the FA and Europa League. Nothing will happen though because the people running this club don't give a shit, season is well and truly done and it's only a matter of how far we will fall in the table.
He killed himself when he rushed back our best players to save himself and put his job before the health of our best players. Selfish man, can't say I have any sympathy for him.
Awful post, now he is being blamed for trying to win a game.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Poch and his staff will no doubt improve our current mugs though who can't defend a set piece.
Slight improvements for sure could be made but not enough to become a serious club again. Poch isn't going to succeed under Woodward n Glazers. If you think he would you must be off your meds.

Rather Keep Ole, who isn't good enough, a bit longer as it could force the sale of the club soon. Short term pain for long term gain.

Judas

Open to offers
Slight improvements for sure could be made but not enough to become a serious club again. Poch isn't going to succeed under Woodward n Glazers. If you think he would you must be off your meds.

Rather Keep Ole, who isn't good enough, a bit longer as it could force the sale of the club soon. Short term pain for long term gain.
Literally already said the manager is the tip of the iceberg, I don't even rate Poch that highly, he's not the saviour, not with the current club setup.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Literally already said the manager is the tip of the iceberg, I don't even rate Poch that highly, he's not the saviour, not with the current club setup.
Then we are in agreement. Not sure what your point is. Ole needs to stay longer for me to really put pressure on the owners.

Sacking him now buys them another 2-3 years. I'm done with the glazer scum. Gave my ST up 4 years ago and will never get another until they're gone.

Judas

Open to offers
Then we are in agreement. Not sure what your point is. Ole needs to stay longer for me to really put pressure on the owners.

Sacking him now buys them another 2-3 years. I'm done with the glazer scum. Gave my ST up 4 years ago and will never get another until they're gone.
But he won't, might limp on till the end of the season, but I doubt it. He'll be gone, and he'll be replaced. I don't know how we get rid of the real issues, and thats why like many I feel completely drained by this how mess.

Paul_Scholes18

Why bin off the FA Cup for the league cup which we're already out of? That's nonsensical.
We can still do a PSG miracle turnaround ;). With clean sheet Romero in goal and Sterling/Jon Stones playing for them there is hope.
No idea how we should get the goals, but maybe Lingard turn it on for once. Once he get a lucky first one he might gain confidence enough for a second.
If they have Bravo in goal maybe Fred can shoot it straight at him and he makes a Buffon howler or something like that.
Against Sterling and Jesus we might beat them on pens too. Although Pep teams pretty much always win those.

In reality the chances are minimal and under 5% for sure, but City have been conceding goals without Laporte in almost all games. Hopefully he is rested and they give Stones a game thinking that it is already done.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
Seems like the board haven't given the money to get the additions this window as it would be cheaper to sack Ole in few weeks time?

Sky1981

Fending off the urge

This again.

There are managers that can improve the squad without needing 300m.

Brendan Rodgers
Ranieri
Even Moyes did alot better than ole on 35m budget.

Yakuza_devils

Ole has won a lottery to manage man utd. He is many many level below a EPL manager. No other EPL club would take him as manager.

It's time for him to go.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
This again.

There are managers that can improve the squad without needing 300m.

Brendan Rodgers
Ranieri
Even Moyes did alot better than ole on 35m budget.
Moyes had 6 world class players in that squad and some other good ones. And we came 7th. How is that better?

Marcus

Am I only who took this as a positive? Usually these supporting claims appear before the manager ends up getting the sack. Arsenal board posted an announcement supporting Emery and saying he was the right man before sacking him few weeks later. It's the beginning of the end. Cheers guys! He will be gone in summer I'm sure about that.
The dreaded vote of confidence. Not long now.

Paul_Scholes18

Moyes had 6 world class players in that squad and some other good ones. And we came 7th. How is that better?
Rooney had declined and RVP was on the decline too. We got many young players on the up.
Thus in some ways it could be easier to manage the current team.
Moyes still did terribly though just like Ole is doing.

I think the current squad might be easier to manage in a way. More fighters/physical players that can play basic counter attacking football that Ole wants to play. Much less creativity, but not sure Ole tries to create things anyway since we got almost no attacking patterns.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
What has rodger has?

I stop taking people who thinks nobody can do better than ole. If you seriously thinks nobody can do better than a man who drove cardiff to relegation then we dont have things to talk about.
Never said that once. You can't read. Loads of better choices than Ole. Replacing him just restarts the whole thing again and people get off the backs of Ed n Glazers. Seen it happen 4 times already. Had enough of the false dawns. I want all of them out. Glazers, Ed and then Ole will go anyway as he's clearly not good enough either.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Well first off I've been saying for most of the season that he should be sacked and I said when we hired him permanently that it was a mistake to not wait til the end of this season - so this isn't based off one bad result or emotion. My position on this has been consistent throughout.

Regarding the bolded part, I don't see why this has to be one or the other in some people's eyes. You can think the board and Woodward are inept as well as thinking Ole's the wrong man to manage the club. It's not right to excuse a poor manager simply because those above him aren't doing their job either. Getting a really good manager in would still go a very long way to fixing our issues.

Imagine working alongside a colleague who was useless at their job but because the management were inept too, nothing was being done about him, even though he was actively causing the company turmoil. In what way would that ever be acceptable?
Well that's the whole thing here isn't it. You are convinced he is useless at his job, I am not yet convinced. Lets just agree to disagree

Enigma_87

You know who
Well that's the whole thing here isn't it. You are convinced he is useless at his job, I am not yet convinced. Lets just agree to disagree
Yup he needs to relegate a top team to fully convince some fans. :D

youngrell

We are only in a different situation because the owners have gotten us here, we are one of the biggest clubs in the world and should be run like it. If the owners change their perspective on things there is absolutely no need that we shouldn’t be run like a Barcelona or Real Madrid.
Absolutely. But currently its a pointless comparison to make. It's not like Ole has us 5th with Messi and co in our squad.

Our current squad, also taking into account our injuries, is performing to roughly their standard overall, with some very good and some very bad results/performances mixed in.

Pennywise

We'll hold on to him at least until the window is closed. That way we wont need to back any manager with cash this window.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Arsenal came out and backed Emery on 11th November. 18 days later he was sacked.

Pochettino said he had the full support of the board on 8th October. He was sacked just over a month later.

I think our board are hoping on a miracle at this stage but I reckon they are definitely sounding out people about replacing him the same way Arsenal and Spurs did. Looking at our fixtures I reckon we will probably sack him around mid-March and then the usual crap will drag on for ages about us appointing someone. Seen as we are incapable of recruiting properly in any type of role at the club.

In short, we are fecked either way. Wrong decision after wrong decision = complete failure.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Absolutely. But currently its a pointless comparison to make. It's not like Ole has us 5th with Messi and co in our squad.

Our current squad, also taking into account our injuries, is performing to roughly their standard overall, with some very good and some very bad results/performances mixed in.
Our best XI with no injuries is probably a top 4 team quite comfortably IMO. Our squad with key injuries is back there in the mix with many other clubs.

youngrell

Our best XI with no injuries is probably a top 4 team quite comfortably IMO. Our squad with key injuries is back there in the mix with many other clubs.
Agreed. How many times have we been able to field our best XI this season? A couple of times at most I would say.

tonnas

The club is in a mess but Ole is a JOKE of a manager and then we show how COMICAL we are with these nonsense statements.

Enigma_87

You know who
Soon we will get 4th! Keep faith in the process. We will find another secret gem in our academy to save us once Martial gets injured too.
That's great, so we can sell Martial and Pogba next year without replacing them!
And bring in Mee for 70m pounds to replace Lidelof.

Status
Not open for further replies.