Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister_Stubbs

Back the manager. The real fans will not ever turn on Solskjaer, we’ve had Moyes, mourinho, van Gaal and they’ve all failed. The good thing now is Solskjaer is s club legend and the fans will back him and support him till the end. We can slag jones and Smalling all day and night but I’d rather have them in the team than these “super stars” that stroll around doing nothing. Oles at the wheel, support the manager he will sort this out
I’m a real fan and want the bloke out. In fact I never wanted him in the first place. What makes me not a “real fan”? I’d love to know.

opopop

It'd be madness if Ole ended up getting sacked next year while most of this squad was still at the club.

If we had Guardiola in charge I'd worry for his health workng with the likes of Matic and Young. I imagine he'd get stuck in a loop wishing us a happy, happy new year.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
:confused:
Get sick all you like, but thats ridiculous.
You clearly do not seem to comprehend the negative effect of Sanchez having the contract he has, for current players and signing future ones.
You won't be able to flog him, so just play him while he's here. I do comprehend the effect of Sanchez - I'm looking over at how Arsenal drew a line after Ozil and they are coping well. They set a new structure for wages post Ozil and stood firm. They'll lose Ramsey from it but it will be fine in the long run. What they aren't doing is making Ozil rot. They are using him when he shows some hunger. We are doing feck all, outside having a love-fest for overrated kids.

dove

Back the manager. The real fans will not ever turn on Solskjaer, we’ve had Moyes, mourinho, van Gaal and they’ve all failed. The good thing now is Solskjaer is s club legend and the fans will back him and support him till the end. We can slag jones and Smalling all day and night but I’d rather have them in the team than these “super stars” that stroll around doing nothing. Oles at the wheel, support the manager he will sort this out
Everyone is backing the manager but we shouldn't ignore that he is probably out of his depth and was a wrong choice.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Even if we blame the players, which we should, it can’t be denied that they’ve already damaged Ole as the manager of this club moving forward.

He has to go with youth for the rest of the season and hope they can restore a sense of pride and momentum going into the summer.

How can people blame Ole for this? It's beyond me, fecking ridiculous. Only thing on him is starting XI and tactics, out there it's all on the players.

What other starting XI would you lot pick, when all we have laying around is utter garbage? Start with a whole team of academy players or? It's SADLY the best we have. And it's not his fault. It's the fault of three managers before him and stubborn higher ups, who didn't want to reinforce the squad in positions, even a 10 year old would've said we're lacking in.

With the on-pitch performance it's the same thing. He can't control the players' decision making? He can't go out there and pass it for Martial, he can't go and finish it instead of Lukaku. Our players are clueless. For feck sake, look at Martial's fecking face, he can't be arsed. They are not motivated, and even if he does try and pump them up before a game, they don't seem to put in enough effort. What is the guy supposed to do, give him a fecking break, give him fecking time.

I'm not blind, I see the utter shite this club has become, but there has to be time for the person, who wants to change the situation, to actually do so. Let's judge him in an year. No single manager in the world would've been able to do a much better job.
Brilliant post. One of the best I’ve seen today.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What i don't understand is why some managers suddenly change their approach which was working so well earlier. Why we went to a counter attacking side from a pressing possession one is a mystery
We've never been a pressing possession side under Ole apart from the first two games which were our best peformances.

Minimalist

Everyone is backing the manager but we shouldn't ignore that he is probably out of his depth and was a wrong choice.
Ignore what? Conjecture? We don’t have a baldy what’s going on aside from what we see on the pitch.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The problem is we lack the right personnel to identify such players.

Based on our history under Woodward we are more likely to go for the overpriced ex stars like Bale and co.
I think Woodward just kind of gives mostly free reign to the manager and goes after their targets and works his way down the list based on who is attainable. Who knows what the actual recruitment policy is, but it has seemed very geared towards each manager that has been in charge with the occasional boner over big names.

LJJT

As was moyes- prem seasoned punching above his weight

As was LVG- one of the best euro managers of last 20 years

As was mourinho - one of best prem managers ever???

Let’s all get a grip half the players are there for the money and don’t give s monkeys.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We've never been a pressing possession side under Ole apart from the first two games which were our best peformances.
Okay, we were certainly not a counter attacking side for most part. It started at Spurs, then huge success in Paris and now all games are like that. Why?

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Anywhere to see his post-match interview?

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Who are the superstars?

RuudTom83

Ole was a breath of fresh air when he arrived, the players were given their 5th, 6th lives and played well for a few months, but sooner or later they will return to their average best and the mangers takes the stick.

Ole will start to question them and the media pressure will increase, resulting in another manager sacking (in 12 to 18 months) because you can't sack the plays! :rolleyes:

Then United will enter a 7th campaign with Smalling and Jones.

Time to give the manager power and sack the majority of the squad, replacing the outgoing lot with academy players, plus whoever they bring in the summer window.

MancunianBIue

Supports
Manchester Ciy
Real Madrid & Barcelona make mistakes all the time, difference is the rectify them quickly. If this situation was at one of those clubs Ole wouldn't see the summer.

Vadim

We said the same for Moyes, Van Gaal and Jose.

It's a mistake. He has no clout at the top level. A decent run and the flukiest of all flukes against PSG doesn't change that. Wasting a summer of spending with Ole will be a waste as he's inevitably going to get sacked next season, so if we knew anything we'd expedite the process and just get a top manager in now.

Unfortunately the only thing Ed cares about is making money, so he's more then happy for Ole to cotinunue.
The Glazers and Ed are obsessed with CL football though because of our sponsors demand for it.

I think a few big losses won’t hurt us long term, they need to wake the feck up.

Let’s judge Ole this time next season? And I wanted Poch, I’m not a sentimental fanboy of any manager or player.

killerboi2

Wait until Ole gets his own players in. I'm still convinced that the form we showed under Ole earlier this season is the real Ole.

2Bullish

That is as bad I have seen a Manchester United play, ever. Ole is a joke signing, he is tactically clueless. The players are mercenaries and want new big money contracts, when ironically, they have won feck all to deserve them. We are officially a fecking mid table club. If you are not furious about the running of our club you are as deluded as the board. Everton 4, really fecking Everton. We are in freefall. It is unbelievable..

Vadim

Real Madrid & Barcelona make mistakes all the time, difference is the rectify them quickly. If this situation was at one of those clubs Ole wouldn't see the summer.
Them clubs wouldn’t force Ashley Young, Phil Jones and Chris Smalling on their managers every season though. So it’s a poor comparison.

TsuWave

i hope he resigns. no shame in it, he gave us a run, did his job as interim. but yeah...

Greck

Them clubs wouldn’t force Ashley Young, Phil Jones and Chris Smalling on their managers every season though. So it’s a poor comparison.
Honestly Ole is forcing Young and Jones on himself. Jones had already been phased out. You get the feeling he wants to feature a British core

Tony247

I can understand Ole can do only this much with the cr@p with him but sign of a good manager is to get most out of available. I hope he will learn from last few matches.

1. There is no way Martial, Rashford and Lukaku can play together. This has been seen multiple times in past. They all want to play the same position and there is no complementary game between these 3. Playing them together put the team in imbalance. Today we were practically playing with overloaded forwards with thin midfield. Nothing seemed to work between them.
2. Pogba, Fred and Matic are not effective midfield trio. Pogba, Matic and Herrera are. But if Herrera is not playing then Matic shouldn't play. Instead McT and Fred can play with much better understanding. This was demonstrated earlier. Why Ole chose to tinker with it only he knows.
3. McT and Fred are developing good understanding. Breaking that partnership in favor of other players is not helping the team
4. Dalot is most effective on right. We missed Luke dearly. His link up with Pogba is really good. He practically makes Pogba a better player. But Dalot is not the replacement. Ole needs to play players at the position where they are most effective. This tinkering is not helping.
5. Same with Pogba. He needs to play in his traditional position of no. 6. Pushing him in the center and then right is not giving any result.
6. If a player is lazy like Martial then he needs to sit out. Ole seems to be awarding his complacency and punishing Fred, McT who are showing fight. This is in inexplicable.

First thing is selecting right player at right position and then allowing them to express themselves while keeping the team composition correct. If Ole picks up random players at random position and allow them to play random game then this is the result. He has made this same mistake repeatedly in last couple of matches. Hope he analyze himself as he asks players to step up.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
people wanna give this guy "backing" and let him build his own team, you know. our only points of reference being relegation cardiff and the norwegian league. the norwegian league. norwegian league.

madness.
that makes no sense. the guy didn't have the credentials to begin with. no points of reference at all for him being the guy to undertake the rebuilding process United needs.

Madrid got Solari out the paint quick, we should do the same.
Agree with everything you're saying and I'm on the same wavelength - it's about caring for the fecking club and having the sense to see the obvious.

This is madness what we're witnessing, it's as if Woodward is an undercover Liverpool fan.

That is as bad I have seen a Manchester United play, ever. Ole is a joke signing, he is tactically clueless. The players are mercenaries and want new big money contracts, when ironically, they have won feck all to deserve them. We are officially a fecking mid table club. If you are not furious about the running of our club you are as deluded as the board. Everton 4, really fecking Everton. We are in freefall. It is unbelievable..
Agree.

killerboi2

I’m a real fan and want the bloke out. In fact I never wanted him in the first place. What makes me not a “real fan”? I’d love to know.
"The bloke?" You're talking about a United legend here. Ole needs to be given a proper chance to get his own players in, just like every other manager, since Sir Alex. This slump in form does not undo his fantastic early season form that brought back the entertainment after Mourinho stagnated our football.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
I can understand Ole can do only this much with the cr@p with him but sign of a good manager is to get most out of available. I hope he will learn from last few matches.

1. There is no way Martial, Rashford and Lukaku can play together. This has been seen multiple times in past. They all want to play the same position and there is no complementary game between these 3. Playing them together put the team in imbalance. Today we were practically playing with overloaded forwards with thin midfield. Nothing seemed to work between them.
2. Pogba, Fred and Matic are not effective midfield trio. Pogba, Matic and Herrera are. But if Herrera is not playing then Matic shouldn't play. Instead McT and Fred can play with much better understanding. This was demonstrated earlier. Why Ole chose to tinker with it only he knows.
3. McT and Fred are developing good understanding. Breaking that partnership in favor of other players is not helping the team
4. Dalot is most effective on right. We missed Luke dearly. His link up with Pogba is really good. He practically makes Pogba a better player. But Dalot is not the replacement. Ole needs to play players at the position where they are most effective. This tinkering is not helping.
5. Same with Pogba. He needs to play in his traditional position of no. 6. Pushing him in the center and then right is not giving any result.
6. If a player is lazy like Martial then he needs to sit out. Ole seems to be awarding his complacency and punishing Fred, McT who are showing fight. This is in inexplicable.

First thing is selecting right player at right position and then allowing them to express themselves while keeping the team composition correct. If Ole picks up random players at random position and allow them to play random game then this is the result. He has made this same mistake repeatedly in last couple of matches. Hope he analyze himself as he asks players to step up.
Good post.

Mister_Stubbs

"The bloke?" You're talking about a United legend here. Ole needs to be given a proper chance to get his own players in, just like every other manager, since Sir Alex. This slump in form does not undo his fantastic early season form that brought back the entertainment after Mourinho stagnated our football.
No player of real quality is going to want to come to a club on the decline, with Europa league football and a manager who doesn’t have any real credentials to be the manager of this football club.

Can’t wait till he starts to bring in Molde players during the summer.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Quite interesting that United have ran less than 15 out of 17 opponents since Ole took over.
Ran 8km less than Everton today which is crazy.

Vadim

Honestly Ole is forcing Young and Jones on himself. Jones had already been phased out. You get the feeling he wants to feature a British core
IF this is true and Ole is persisting with them because of that reason, then we well and truly are in the shite.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's worrying, we're going into the unknown with Ole. We don't know what types of players he wants to buy, we don't know what his style is, we don't know how ruthless he is. Some of his lineups and subs make no sense at all too.

Far too many question marks for me and that's not going into fixing the issues with DDG, Pogba, Lukaku and Sanchez.

C'est Moi Cantona

How can people blame Ole for this? It's beyond me, fecking ridiculous. Only thing on him is starting XI and tactics, out there it's all on the players.

What other starting XI would you lot pick, when all we have laying around is utter garbage? Start with a whole team of academy players or? It's SADLY the best we have. And it's not his fault. It's the fault of three managers before him and stubborn higher ups, who didn't want to reinforce the squad in positions, even a 10 year old would've said we're lacking in.

With the on-pitch performance it's the same thing. He can't control the players' decision making? He can't go out there and pass it for Martial, he can't go and finish it instead of Lukaku. Our players are clueless. For feck sake, look at Martial's fecking face, he can't be arsed. They are not motivated, and even if he does try and pump them up before a game, they don't seem to put in enough effort. What is the guy supposed to do, give him a fecking break, give him fecking time.

I'm not blind, I see the utter shite this club has become, but there has to be time for the person, who wants to change the situation, to actually do so. Let's judge him in an year. No single manager in the world would've been able to do a much better job.
I think the main issue, for me in anyway, is that we went from having a very good idea, (getting Ole as interim, then Poch and a DOF at the end of the season), to a very bad idea in thinking Ole is somehow a top level manager, and seemingly dismissing getting a DOF (an external one anyway), it just screams of no one having clue what they are doing at the club, so it's just frustration that we now seem to be in a worse situation than if we'd just let Jose see the season out and sack him then, as now the reform we needed, and seemed to be about to get is not going to happen.

If he's staying then I really hope Ole is backed to the hilt now, and all the blame is firmly turned on first the rotten players, and then Ed and the Glazers.

AndyMUFC

Nothing to do with Ole and all to do with the attitudes of the squad. Those statistics on the running aren't a coincidence.

Last edited:

MrSingh2002

I can't back Ole when he picked Matic who has been awful recently.

Or when he played Lindelof at right back again even though it was the same poor decision that didn't help against Barca.

Jones and Smalling ahead of Lindelof at CB? feck Ole he's deluded.

JustAGuest

Quite interesting that United have ran less than 15 out of 17 opponents since Ole took over.
Ran 8km less than Everton today which is crazy.
I do recall him specifically mentioning this as something he wanted his team to be good at. Interesting indeed if true.

Mcking

As was moyes- prem seasoned punching above his weight

As was LVG- one of the best euro managers of last 20 years

As was mourinho - one of best prem managers ever???

Let’s all get a grip half the players are there for the money and don’t give s monkeys.
You do know this is not the same squad Moyes had?

Status
Not open for further replies.