Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the real question is what would you do? Play who?
I'll start with saying that I'd bin my 50m RB off and play Dalot if my team can't score a goal to save their lives.

And well, Fergie found a way you know, because.... top managers find a way. Pep would've plucked a fullback or some random out and played him CM to push Bruno forward and played Dalot as an extra FB/winger rather than the super defensive AWB. Ole though, time and time again this season he just reverts to Andreas despite him costing us in tonnes of game so far and proving he's not up to it, it's the definition of doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results.
He simply doesn't seem to have the imagination our Ole.

Alabaster Codify7

The man is nothing more than a coward. He is a cowardly underdog manager and his cowardly ways are reflected in his team. I dont think people realise just how much damage this man is going to do to our 'promising youngsters' because he's blooding them into a shite team with a cowardly mindset and is encouraging mediocrity.

Want to know why he didn't make changes, again, until the final 20mins? Because he was happy with a draw. He is completely risk-adverse - Ole looks at a 0-0 scoreline and thinks "if I make a change, we might win 1-0...….but we might also lose 0-1." He will never take a gamble because he is scared of it going wrong and he'd rather take a point. The man lacks anything remotely resembling leadership qualities, he is a timid, meek, cowardly bloke who is thrilled to take part. A living, breathing participation trophy.

His interview yet again would make David Moyes blush.

Want to know something else? By May, people will be claiming Fernandes was a waste of money and you want to know why? Because this coward of a manager will do the same with Bruno as he did with Pogba - he'll play him as part of a double-pivot defending the back 4 and will completely negate his qualities while playing Pereira/Mata/Lingard in the #10 role.

Coward. Get him gone.

MiracleInMadrid

Isn't it peculiar that Ole very rarely talks about tactics in interviews? Cannot remember him mentioning what went wrong tactically after a loss. Or any sort of insight in his preferred way of setting up his team. All he talks about is effort and desire from the players.

MrSingh2002

Woah..so there might actually be more to this management thing than spending money
Nail on the head. Almost anyone can buy a squad of world class players and start winning.

Fact is Ole can't achieve much with a decent squad. I think we're a left back away from having a solid first 11.

But it's Ole making the call to start players like Shaw and Pereira.

Pereira has had 7 or 8 absolute dogshit performances already this season. Without doubt the worst player I've ever seen at United having a run of games.

He doesn't look good enough to me to even be a professional footballer nevermind be starting for us.

That's on Ole. If he was sacked today I doubt I'd ever wonder about what might have been. He's tactically inept and this isn't the place to learn on the job.

Pochettino with a club that have buying power could be deadly.

M16Red

Him and none of us are managers. That's the bloody point.
But you can have an opinion? You can't just say sack him.. why? It's really simple how would you break down a low low block with these players.

Like City or Liverpool do, because they both play different styles.

UTD 1995 (one - two's and three), 1998/99 (two CF), 2009 (front three)

DevilRed

Keep him. He just needs to get the full team back and I bet results like this would turn into wins.

The transfer targets we have gone after are good. Very good in fact. Missing out on Haaland is a blow, but unavoidable I suppose with all that release clause nonsense.

Getting Bruno in was a good choice. He looks the part already. We just need to play him higher up the pitch where he is more effective. Hopefully that will be the case once Matic or Mctominay/Pogba are back.

Roboc7

Nail on the head. Almost anyone can buy a squad of world class players and start winning.

Fact is Ole can't achieve much with a decent squad. I think we're a left back away from having a solid first 11.

But it's Ole making the call to start players like Shaw and Pereira.

Pereira has had 7 or 8 absolute dogshit performances already this season. Without doubt the worst player I've ever seen at United having a run of games.

He doesn't look good enough to me to even be a professional footballer nevermind be starting for us.

That's on Ole. If he was sacked today I doubt I'd ever wonder about what might have been. He's tactically inept and this isn't the place to learn on the job.

Pochettino with a club that have buying power could be deadly.
It’s really amusing how many people have convinced themselves that the managerial position is almost irrelevant. Cracks me up reading comments like no one could do better, what do they think a managers do?.

How narrow minded do you have to believe that there is no possibility we could find a manager who would have got more points than Sheffield United this season.

But you can have an opinion? You can't just say sack him.. why? It's really simple how would you break down a low low block with these players.
Well you'd defo drop your ultra defensive RB and play your ultra attacking one right? Kind like Klopp does at Liverpool? I mean we all not Trent can't defend for toffee but so what?

Nr.7

What bunch of players? You mean De gea who is in top 3 gk in PL. You mean Maguire and AWb who were bought for 130mil. Lindelof who is Sweden first choice defender? Fred who is our best player? Martial? Bruno who is just bought for 70mil? James who is bought especially on Ole's request? Rashford who is among the best players in league?

Tell me something please; how many players from Watford, Southampton, Newcastle, Palace, West Ham or Burnley would play in our first 11? Or even on the bench?
I’ll give you De Gea and Maguire, even Wan-Bissaka despite his attacking faults.
Lindelof has his faults and is quite soft, Fred hasn’t looked like a professional player untill a few months ago. He started to turn it around, but he’s not a world-class creator though he’s being asked to create as well.
Martial? Depends if his arsed and even then he’s not a top striker. Some would say he’s not even a proper striker.
Bruno came like 2 days ago.
Yes, Ole wanted James. I doubt he planned of playing him every fcking week.

Add the likes Jlingz, Pereira to the mix.

This squad is filled with average inconsistant players.

It’a hard enough having succsess with a squad (squad as in 23 not first 11)of 3-4 players like that. United has at least 7 or 8 and much of those are playing regulary (injuries etc).

It’s really amusing how many people have convinced themselves that the managerial position is almost irrelevant. Cracks me up reading comments like no one could do better, what do they think a managers do?.

How narrow minded do you have to believe that there is no possibility we could find a manager who would have got more points than Sheffield United this season.
For some it has absolutely become irrelevant, just keep throwing money at it appears to be the solution.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
38 points behind the scousers. Let that sink in ffs.

Losing McTom, Pogba and a Rashford to long term injuries has been a blessing in disguise for Ole. The perfect ready made excuse for how shit we are.

Suedesi

I'll start with saying that I'd bin my 50m RB off and play Dalot if my team can't score a goal to save their lives.

And well, Fergie found a way you know, because.... top managers find a way. Pep would've plucked a fullback or some random out and played him CM to push Bruno forward and played Dalot as an extra FB/winger rather than the super defensive AWB. Ole though, time and time again this season he just reverts to Andreas despite him costing us in tonnes of game so far and proving he's not up to it, it's the definition of doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results.
He simply doesn't seem to have the imagination our Ole.
Agree 100%, Ole lacks imagination he's just a bland Noggie

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It's the Ole furnace, keep throwing money into that bastard and he'll finally win a game or two and be declared a genius manager.
The thing is, he was declared a genius manager when he went on that run at the beginning of his tenure. It was all him then. Now that we're utter dog shit, it's all the players. They want it both ways.

M16Red

Push Bruno forward and played Dalot as an extra FB/winger rather than the super defensive AWB.

Andreas despite him costing us in tonnes of game so far and proving he's not up to it
Would you risk that right side, remember what he did with sterling in his pocket.

I agree about Bruno, but remember 48 hours ago be was in a different country, never mind League.

At the moment we are all looking at TAA or Robinson as the way to play but you have to remember they have a midfield of work horses, never mind VVD who can cover the space left by the full back. Maguire isnt the fastest, than leaves Fred who Is doing a cracking job.

The problem is is 3rd phase, and im Not sure Dalot is the best (remember he's been injured most of this season)

Plus who would you cross to? , I wouldn't wipe my arse with the people in the box heading ability (pun intended)

Patrick220571

It's almost like you need good enough players to score goals. Will Martial suddenly become the goalguy with a new manager?
Ole had 6 months working with Martial before he made the call that he was going to be his main man. If Martial can't cut it, that is 100% on Ole.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
You know, even though I was very much glad we sacked Jose in the end, a part of me deep down felt somewhat content and confident that he was a tactically astute manager who would be scrutinising our performances and trying to improve them.

With Ole, I have absolutely no confidence in his managerial ability, coaching and his tactical nous.

Ole out.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
The man is nothing more than a coward. He is a cowardly underdog manager and his cowardly ways are reflected in his team. I dont think people realise just how much damage this man is going to do to our 'promising youngsters' because he's blooding them into a shite team with a cowardly mindset and is encouraging mediocrity.

Want to know why he didn't make changes, again, until the final 20mins? Because he was happy with a draw. He is completely risk-adverse - Ole looks at a 0-0 scoreline and thinks "if I make a change, we might win 1-0...….but we might also lose 0-1." He will never take a gamble because he is scared of it going wrong and he'd rather take a point. The man lacks anything remotely resembling leadership qualities, he is a timid, meek, cowardly bloke who is thrilled to take part. A living, breathing participation trophy.

His interview yet again would make David Moyes blush.

Want to know something else? By May, people will be claiming Fernandes was a waste of money and you want to know why? Because this coward of a manager will do the same with Bruno as he did with Pogba - he'll play him as part of a double-pivot defending the back 4 and will completely negate his qualities while playing Pereira/Mata/Lingard in the #10 role.

Coward. Get him gone.
Clueless

Would you risk that right side, remember what he did with sterling in his pocket.
If I can't score a goal to save my life? Yes, asbo-fecking-lutely.

But who really gives a feck what RAB from the caf thinks, what I can promise you is that a top manager would've just keep playing Andreas and AWB and hoping for a different result.

el3mel

Ole had 6 months working with Martial before he made the call that he was going to be his main man. If Martial can't cut it, that is 100% on Ole.
It was 100% Ole's choice to depend on Martial as main forward this season. Sold Lukaku, wanted Mandzukic as a bench option and gave Martial the number 9 shirt back.

M16Red

If I can't score a goal to save my life? Yes, asbo-fecking-lutely.

But who really gives a feck what RAB from the caf thinks, what I can promise you is that a top manager would've just keep playing Andreas and AWB and hoping for a different result.
In centre mid, what else you going to do? Sadly.

predator

Youth NITK
It confuses me how at OT he is fully supported and his name is sung all the time but outside of that ground the majority of United fans think he isnt good enough to be our manager.

I wonder what it will take before the crowd turn on him.

I must say I like the signings of Bruno and ighalo and I have seen some positives during Ole's tenure but ultimately I agree that he is not going to bring us back to the top.

It's just odd seeing the contrast of the love he gets in the stadium and the criticism he gets by the outer world.

It was 100% Ole's choice to depend on Martial as main forward this season. Sold Lukaku, wanted Mandzukic as a bench option and gave Martial the number 9 shirt back.
That'll be ignored though, and it'll be claimed the board didn't replace Lukaku for him. The number 9 shirt going back was Ole trying to play the clever cnut and "righting" a Mourinho wrong.

It's backfired massively.

izec

38 points behind the scousers. Let that sink in ffs.

Losing McTom, Pogba and a Rashford to long term injuries has been a blessing in disguise for Ole. The perfect ready made excuse for how shit we are.
And it isnt like he is blameless in them being out for so long. The egoistical imposter of a manager made it worse.

DevilRed

Performances were good when we actually had a proper team out there. Even with just Rashford alongside he is clearly a different player.

Lets all just hope and pray we get Pogba and Rashford back soon.

I would just like to see a team with Rashford, Martial, James/Greenwood and Bruno as an attacking quartet, backed up by Pogba and McTominay. You can't tell me that we wouldn't score more goals with that sort of lineup.

Eriku

Pochettino couldn’t, for one.

The likes of Sheffield also don’t have other teams dreaming of making a name for themselves by taking their scalp. Teams don’t play like it’s a cup final against them.

In centre mid, what else you going to do? Sadly.
Lots. SAF or Pep would pull a John O'Shea, Rafael or Philipp Lahm out of their arse and make it work.

Top managers find solutions, and Ole's had 25 PL games now to find a better one that "hmmm, shall we give Andreas another go?". I personally would have been trying shit loads on the training pitch to find out who can do a DM job for me.

el3mel

Performances were good when we actually had a proper team out there. Even with just Rashford alongside he is clearly a different player.

Lets all just hope and pray we get Pogba and Rashford back soon.

I would just like to see a team with Rashford, Martial, James/Greenwood and Bruno as an attacking quartet, backed up by Pogba and McTominay. You can't tell me that we wouldn't score more goals with that sort of lineup.
Was it ? For me the number of games we played well this season can be counted on both hands at best. The majority of our games were just boring to watch.

Roboc7

The likes of Sheffield also don’t have other teams dreaming of making a name for themselves by taking their scalp. Teams don’t play like it’s a cup final against them.
This is exactly the kind of excuse making that you can only laugh at.

Utd aren’t much of a scalp anymore, we’ve only won 9 names. Most teams take points off us, it’s not disappointing to lose to us. Wolves didn’t play that well today and still got a point.

DevilRed

Was it ? For me the number of games we played well this season can be counted on both hands at best. The majority of our games were just boring to watch.
It was definitely much better than the shite today.

However, a match with a full team (or even remotely close to full team) have been few and far between.

izec

It confuses me how at OT he is fully supported and his name is sung all the time but outside of that ground the majority of United fans think he isnt good enough to be our manager.

I wonder what it will take before the crowd turn on him.

I must say I like the signings of Bruno and ighalo and I have seen some positives during Ole's tenure but ultimately I agree that he is not going to bring us back to the top.

It's just odd seeing the contrast of the love he gets in the stadium and the criticism he gets by the outer world.
They are more emotionally connected to him by going to the games more often. OT and managers is a strong bond. And then there are also the majority of guys who follow him because a group of supporters love Ole. There are plenty who are against him or have doubts, but stay quiet or sing with becasue that is what most do.

Most online fans dont have the patience, but they are also more objective and arent spouting some BS agenda to suit their fairytale world. And it is easier to say your opinion online than in real life.

At the end of the day, Ole will get sacked and the fans will realise he isnt good enough. Doubts are creeping in already, you can defend him to some extent, but in the end, even the biggest delusional fans will turn, even if reluctant. Maybe not everyone, but the majority. I bet there are still guys that think the chosen one and the past it one deserved more time.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Bruno Fernandes 18/19: 33 goals
Bruno Fernandes 19/20: 15 goals (so far)
Manchester United: crying out for an attacking midfielder to score goals and create chances.

Solution? Sign him then play him deep. fecking idiocy.

Patrick220571

I think those days are long gone. Teams turn up at Old Trafford these days feeling we are there for the taking. We are not really looked upon as a big scalp now.

Eriku

This is exactly the kind of excuse making that you can only laugh at.

Utd aren’t much of a scalp anymore, we’ve only won 9 names. Most teams take points off us, it’s not disappointing to lose to us. Wolves didn’t play that well today and still got a point.
You don’t think teams are more up for it against us than against Wolves or Sheffield United? Our name isn’t torn down that quickly.

Nice to include the line about laughing at excuse-making. Why do views always have to be met by ridicule?

Status
Not open for further replies.