Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Bruno Fernandes is among the senior players who feel they are not getting enough direction from Solskjær and his coaching staff #mufc #mujournal

-Go out there and enjoy yourself, my son.

- Could I have a little more direction boss?

- Play like a proper hurt animal.

- Yes, but what about tactics?

- Don't get up too soon. Take the standing eight count if you can.

- Uh...what?
Should hire Ole as interim manager monthly. The team was unstoppable the first few months here.

Nonsense. He's not going to walk away from £8m. Why should he? None of us would either.
He’s earned more in 3 years at United (approx 5m /year) than he would in 37 years at Molde (approx 400,000 /year).
So feck yeah he could say “thanks for the golden opportunity and the fortune in my bank, but it’s time for me to step down as I love the club and think it’s time for a new direction”.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He’s earned more in 3 years at United (approx 5m /year) than he would in 37 years at Molde (approx 400,000 /year).
So feck yeah he could say “thanks for the golden opportunity and the fortune in my bank, but it’s time for me to step down as I love the club and think it’s time for a new direction”.
He is smart to not walk away, but stop crediting him like this man that loves United more than himself. He doesnt.

He cares more about the money than the club, which is okay. But at the same time he is definitely tarnishing his legacy at the club.

That such an amateur has been our manager for this long is a disgrace.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Nonsense. He's not going to walk away from £8m. Why should he? None of us would either.

The club have to make the call. This has gone beyond Ole now.
Is life all about money? The guy is supposed to love the club, allegedly. There are multiple professions where it's the person's responsibility to themselves and to the rest to just step down when they are clearly incompetent. Footballers retire when they feel they can no longer contribute as they like. Doctors swear an oath to have the self respect and decency to ask for help/refuse to do something if they just don't know how to, aren't talented enough, whatever.

Oles a fecking coward who is looking after himself and nobody else. He's hiding behind the players who keep getting criticized, he's ruining the careers of players like Van De Beek by straight up lying to them, refusing to let them go on loan, and then refusing to use them at all which impacts their hopes in the national teams and their personal career progression and hopes. He's either deluded into thinking he can actually turn this around, or just doesn't give a feck because his pockets are getting lined while he can always shift the blame on the squad.

feck that. If he loved the club and was a decent man, he'd walk. He's staying for purely selfish reasons, to the detriment of every player at the club, the future of the club and to the detriment of every supporter having to sit through this bullshit week after week.

Giggsy13

I really wish I had bosses like Ole. Imagine being this shite at your job and still walking around with immunity making £7.5 million per year. I don’t blame him for not stepping down, he’s living the dream.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
When i said last year that he is a leecher (the same like Glazers are), i faced with dozen angry comments. But this is classic example of that. Facts don't lie.

He scored important goals for us for which he got "legend" status. But in return;
1) He was paid to do nothing last 2,3 years of his career because of injury.
2) Got a job in United youth team based on nepotism
3) Got one of best jobs and most payed jobs in the world of football based only on nepotism
3) Refuses to resign and is willing to do anything what board wants just to stay here (despite he is ruining this club).

All this is definition of leeching

AndySmith1990

When i said last year that he is a leecher (the same like Glazers are), i faced with dozen angry comments. But this is classic example of that. Facts don't lie.

He scored important goals for us for which he got "legend" status. But in return;
1) He was paid to do nothing last 2,3 years of his career because of injury.
2) Got a job in United youth team based on nepotism
3) Got one of best jobs and most payed jobs in the world of football based only on nepotism
3) Refuses to resign and is willing to do anything what board wants just to stay here (despite he is ruining this club).

All this is definition of leeching
If somebody is poor at their job it's not their responsibility to resign, it's the CEOs job to sack them. The only thing they achieve by walking out themselves is satisfaction in sticking to their principles and respect from others.

I've lost respect for Solskjaer simply because he seems so desperate to stay that he'll randomly chop and change formations and "styles" of play to find anything that works, instead of staying true to any vision he originally had.

But I'd say it's unfair to call him out on being paid for sitting on the bench. That was Ferguson's responsibility. At worst you could say Solskjaer lacked ambition. But wouldn't go as far to say he's a leech.

Anyway I can see more and more fans starting to dislike him the longer he stays. When you see a person behaving defiantly, knowing full well they have no right being in the position they're in, it's easy to resent them, and that resentment will only grow into hate in time.

In Ole's case he not only appears defiant during interviews, but incredibly delusional as well. Not to mention the whole "the boys" rubbish he comes out with, as if the players are his best mates. He's getting rather irritating to say the least.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If that’s the case, he is dragging us down for money, sure he will loss my respect, no?
No. He's got a contract. That contract has to be honoured.

The club have no spine. Too scared to sack him and lose their cushion.

Tony247

I think it's complete bullshit when people say no matter how bad it gets it won't tarnish his status as a club legend. Of course it will, it's doing exactly that already.
It has surely tarnished his status, at least till next few years. Perhaps after his departure somehow if the club comes to right track and then united fans could slowly put his managerial tenure in past. Until then in short term every time he shows up will be the reminder of his most recent legacy and not his playing days.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
If somebody is poor at their job it's not their responsibility to resign, it's the CEOs job to sack them. The only thing they achieve by walking out themselves is satisfaction in sticking to their principles and respect from others.

I've lost respect for Solskjaer simply because he seems so desperate to stay that he'll randomly chop and change formations and "styles" of play to find anything that works, instead of staying true to any vision he originally had.

But I'd say it's unfair to call him out on being paid for sitting on the bench. That was Ferguson's responsibility. At worst you could say Solskjaer lacked ambition. But wouldn't go as far to say he's a leech.

Anyway I can see more and more fans starting to dislike him the longer he stays. When you see a person behaving defiantly, knowing full well they have no right being in the position they're in, it's easy to resent them, and that resentment will only grow into hate in time.

In Ole's case he not only appears defiant during interviews, but incredibly delusional as well. Not to mention the whole "the boys" rubbish he comes out with, as if the players are his best mates. He's getting rather irritating to say the least.
I was speaking about his last few years. When he was injured.
Now, i know that we can say that he is a man who never say die or shit like that but also it can be said that sometimes (in some situations) you must have courage to say; "I quit".

He will never quit. Even if we lose to Watford, Chelsea, Villareal etc...he will say; "I can turn this around".
To be clear; i don't have a problem when manager doesn't want to quit. I would not either i guess. But then, don't sell me stories how you love the club and that you put club in front of you.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It has surely tarnished his status, at least till next few years. Perhaps after his departure somehow if the club comes to right track and then united fans could slowly put his managerial tenure in past. Until then in short term every time he shows up will be the reminder of his most recent legacy and not his playing days.
Yup. It's also an age thing. Anyone who was born later than 1992 probably only has faint memories of the 99 champions league final at best, so for them, Oles legacy is:
  • Injury prone squad player who scored a really important tap in once, but then became one of the worst managers in Man Uniteds history
Especially for those who didn't watch the 99 final and don't have that moment, he's just a random ex player whose only real notable moments watching him live would be failing as a manager. So yeah, his legacy is steadily becoming more synonymous with failure and ineptitude than it is with his moments as a player.

Last edited:

King_Cantona07

He may lack in tactical knowledge and positional awareness, but he has mastered on how to play fans and board members. After pool defect, he said need more defensive bodies and shored up spurs game by virtue of spurs itself being bad. Got humiliated by city using the same defensive formation and now he know cant say more about being defensive, so have come up with next time you can see more attacking team with united dna. Hate the usage of passion and dna these days, no matter how much passion you have if players are not instructed on patterns or positions to maintain will end up on the losing side. This guy is a smart fraud who know how to play the relevant stakeholders to keep his position intact. He has also filled in coaches and higher ups with people who will be feeling greatful to him for the job (fletcher as technical director in his first job wont definitly speak against ole; carrick as a coach another example).

pablotatt

I've got no issue on decoupling the 2. Still a legendary player for me, but an absolute joke of a manager whose only goal is to save his job and he couldn't care less about the direction of the club (and neither do the owners).

Josh 76

Yup. It's also an age thing. Anyone who was born later than 1992 probably only has faint memories of the 99 champions league final at best, so for them, Oles legacy is:
  • Injury prone squad player who scored a really important tap in once, but then became one of the worst managers in Man Uniteds history
Especially for those who didn't watch the 99 final and don't have that moment, he's just a random ex player whose only real notable moments watching him live would be failing as a manager.
I remember when Brian Kidd was touted to take over from Fergie. All the older fans were saying he’s a club legend and deserves it. I was thinking he may have scored in the European Cup
Final, but is no way good enough to take over Fergie.

BlueHaze

Not only this my friend but they were also incredibly daft enough to extend 3 years with him after that embarrassing EL final. Anyone on this forum tell me what board rewards failure like that with a 3 year deal? You all know the answer. Only ours.

We have the most incompetent ownership/board in elite sports.

They renewed Phil Jones contract after him not playing for almost a year.

Enough said..

I remember when Brian Kidd was touted to take over from Fergie. All the older fans were saying he’s a club legend and deserves it. I was thinking he may have scored in the European Cup
I don't remember Kiddo being spoken about as taking over from Fergie. He left during 1998, at which point there was no hint of talk about Fergie leaving.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Sure, let's blame it all on the club and lets support our club legend regardless. Ole can take us down for the remaining of his 3 year contract without any responsibility being held, its all up to the club but not the manager, and lets build a statue for him standing outside the stadium or something.

ElDiabloRojo

I know this has been said a million times already but I can't believe he is still in a job after that performance on Saturday.

Surely they don't believe he can change anything after all this time. Ole doesn't even believe any more, he just wants his payout.

Or is it they can't get someone in at this stage who is capable and willing to join.

Foxbatt

yes he did score the third goal in the Cup Final. But at no point did I hear him taking over from SAF. Maybe in the media as he was a United legend and a player for such a long time.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Sure, let's blame it all on the club and lets support our club legend regardless. Ole can take us down for the remaining of his 3 year contract without any responsibility being held, its all up to the club but not the manager, and lets build a statue for him standing outside the stadium or something.
He's not responsible for sacking himself

Shall we blane him for world famine and covid too?

He's failed as manager. It's the club's job to relieve him off his duties not himself.

Grow up and get in the real world.

el3mel

He's not responsible for sacking himself

Shall we blane him for world famine and covid too?

He's failed as manager. It's the club's job to relieve him off his duties not himself.

Grow up and get in the real world.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ful-decision-to-step-down-as-ac-milan-manager

That's what a club legend who cares about the club more than himself does.

But apparently Ole cares about the money and his figure in front of fans to not be considered a failure more than where the club is heading.

Josh 76

I don't remember Kiddo being spoken about as taking over from Fergie. He left during 1998, at which point there was no hint of talk about Fergie leaving.
Not when Fergie left in 2013, but when Brain Kidd was No.2 in the late 90s, and he was being touted as one the of guys that could take over after Fergie.

Josh 76

yes he did score the third goal in the Cup Final. But at no point did I hear him taking over from SAF. Maybe in the media as he was a United legend and a player for such a long time.
It was talk in the the Late 90s.

Not when Fergie left in 2013, but when Brain Kidd was No.2 in the late 90s, and he was being touted as one the of guys that could take over after Fergie.
Yes i know, that's why i said Kidd left in 98. And by 2001 when Fergie said he was going Kidd had relagated Blackburn and returned to coaching at Leeds. There was also bad blood with Fergie, he was never a candidate to replace Fergie and don't recall ever hearing that.

Biggins

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...ful-decision-to-step-down-as-ac-milan-manager

But apparently Ole cares about the money and his figure in front of fans to not be considered a failure more than where the club is heading.
In most situations like that it is the board that offers manager like Gattuso a choice either you resign or we will need to let you go. It is a nice gesture to preserve someone’s reputation. He then can say things like he said in his farewell speech. I really doubt that he woke up and on his own without any third-party push decided to resign. Same situation for Klopp at Dortmund. Problem with our club is that no one from the board is telling Ole that him resigning would be the best for all the parties involved. At least it looks like it.

croadyman

Yes i know, that's why i said Kidd left in 98. And by 2001 when Fergie said he was going Kidd had relagated Blackburn and returned to coaching at Leeds. There was also bad blood with Fergie, he was never a candidate to replace Fergie and don't recall ever hearing that.
Never knew there was so much bad blood with Fergie and can now see how the move to City backroom team materialised

Castia

Still can’t get over the Everton game. Last game going into the international break and he rests half the starting 11 including Ronaldo that for me made him look fecking clueless.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Really reaching with this.
He had a legal binding contract. You can't expect the man to walk away from his deal. Jesus Christ.

BLame the morons for giving him a new deal and then now not sacking him. Ole is perfectly fine to honour his side of the deal.

Cant believe some folk on here. You'd blame him for world hunger too.

He's literally just doing his job even if he's not doing it very well. He's not losing on purpose.

Never knew there was so much bad blood with Fergie and can now see how the move to City backroom team materialised
Kidd played for City as well as United. So has had long standing connection to both clubs. So I doubt his move to City's coaching set up had anything to do with that tbh.

From memory Fergie was pissed off because he felt Kidd did it behind his back, mid season, and should have been upfront with him about it.

It's ironic that Kidd left early into the treble winning season, missing out of that incredible journey. His season ended with relegation, Blackburn's fate sealed by a home draw with Manchester United. After the match Fergie remarked that Kidd's team would fight on to the last day but the interviewer told him Blackburn were now relegated. It was a strange interview and not sure if Fergie was pretending not to know.

croadyman

Kidd played for City as well as United. So has had long standing connection to both clubs. So I doubt his move to City's coaching set up had anything to do with that tbh.

From memory Fergie was pissed off because he felt Kidd did it behind his back, mid season, and should have been upfront with him about it.

It's ironic that Kidd left early into the treble winning season, missing out of that incredible journey. His season ended with relegation, Blackburn's fate sealed by a home draw with Manchester United. After the match Fergie remarked that Kidd's team would fight on to the last day but the interviewer told him Blackburn were now relegated. It was a strange interview and not sure if Fergie was pretending not to know.
Yeah always remember the tears in Jack Walker's eyes after that draw against us

Amir

During the 90s, obviously no one thought that Fergie would be in the job for so long. He himself talked during that decade about wanting to retire in a few years, so while it wasn't a hot topic, there was some talk about who might replace him when the time comes.

Of course, by 2001 or 2002 it was no longer relevant.

Amir

He had a legal binding contract. You can't expect the man to walk away from his deal. Jesus Christ.
He's not reaching at all. People do resign. It doesn't happen much nowadays in football because of the money, but it still exists. Heck, even LVG offered to resign.

Normally I wouldn't expect a manager to quit, but when it's one whose appointment was marketed as the manager who cares about the club and all that crap, I'd expect himto be different and better than most. And he's not.

Foxbatt

He's not reaching at all. People do resign. It doesn't happen much nowadays in football because of the money, but it still exists. Heck, even LVG offered to resign.

Normally I wouldn't expect a manager to quit, but when it's one whose appointment was marketed as the manager who cares about the club and all that crap, I'd expect himto be different and better than most. And he's not.
Do a Jose then and make sure he is sacked and get a pay off?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

BLame the morons for giving him a new deal and then now not sacking him. Ole is perfectly fine to honour his side of the deal.

Cant believe some folk on here. You'd blame him for world hunger too.

He's literally just doing his job even if he's not doing it very well. He's not losing on purpose.
From Jose or Lvg i didn't expect. They are mercs. As nearly all managers are. But we are talking about manager who "loves the club", "who will walk if things go bad", "knows the club" etc..etc...
In this situation i fully expected that ex player who owe this club everything, will resign.

He doesn't want to resign? Fine. But lets from now on treat Ole as any other manager, shall we? No more love phrases, no more legend shit and no more "he deserves respect". All that he lost last few weeks with refusing to resign.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

So let's say your boss calls you into his or her office next week and tells you you're doing rubbish and wants you to leave. However they want you to walk out so they don't have to pay you your wages, would you agree?

Ole is out of his depth and needs replacing now. That's on the club to do it. Stop defending these parasites. Ole has to sack himself now? Pathetic.

Foxbatt

So let's say your boss calls you into his or her office next week and tells you you're doing rubbish and wants you to leave. However they want you to walk out so they don't have to pay you your wages, would you agree?

Ole is out of his depth and needs replacing now. That's on the club to do it. Stop defending these parasites. Ole has to sack himself now? Pathetic.
he can always get himself sacked and make sure he gets a pay off too.

Status
Not open for further replies.