Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

redsunited

Not sure why some are asking Ole to resign. United has to give compensation and sack him, there is no two ways about it. Do it like Newcastle did with respect to the departing manager.

So let's say your boss calls you into his or her office next week and tells you you're doing rubbish and wants you to leave. However they want you to walk out so they don't have to pay you your wages, would you agree?
Do I claim to love the company?

Did the company give me an opportunity of a lifetime after I was recommended by a former boss, to realise a dream so far above my paygrade and expertise that they had to more than decuple my wage?
Am I now taking the company I love on a downward spiral and letting all of my colleagues down, whilst this 3 year opportunity made me more money than I would’ve earned in 37.5 years in my former role?

If so, feck yes I’d leave for free, a rich man regardless.

romufc

He can have the money or respect

Can't have both.
Exactly my take. Respect for what he has done and respect him to know he is not capable of doing the job.

You played Pep, Klopp and massively outclassed. He has had 3 years to catch up to those standards.

Jose got sacked post Liverpool 3-1 result. If we go to Anfield, I think we lose more than 3-0 goals. We have not closed the gap, time to walk.

The longer Ole stays, the less he is respected in my eyes.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
I know this has been said a million times already but I can't believe he is still in a job after that performance on Saturday.

Surely they don't believe he can change anything after all this time. Ole doesn't even believe any more, he just wants his payout.

Or is it they can't get someone in at this stage who is capable and willing to join.
Ralf Rangnick seems a smart choice. Highly respected among his peers, has a style that does not change every week and more importantly seems willing to take over till the end of the season. Could do a job and could potentially move onto a director kind of role if we get another manager in next season but obviously the lack of United DNA goes against him. That and the fact that he might call out the clowns who run the club on their BS and bench players who never get dropped under ole regardless of how badly they play.

It's absolutely frustrating how they sell the narrative that nobody else is available when there are so many better options who could still rescue this season. The sack will probably come when we're around 10th and out of the UCL. Can write off this season and next for rebuilding then.

Yeah always remember the tears in Jack Walker's eyes after that draw against us
Probably crying at the thought of all the money he'd wasted, for one league title and relegation a mere 4 years later.

I remember feeling bad for Kidd, but also happy Blackburn got relegated and that it happened against us. It was a perfect end to, what was briefly, a rivalry.

I've looked online for the post match interview with Fergie, would love it see it again.

Not long after Kidd got diagnosed with cancer, so all in all a shit few years for him. I'm glad he recovered and ended his coaching career in a good way (even though it was at City).

Just had look on youtube and the 'classic united' channel has this

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Do I claim to love the company?

Did the company give me an opportunity of a lifetime after I was recommended by a former boss, to realise a dream so far above my paygrade and expertise that they had to more than decuple my wage?
Am I now taking the company I love on a downward spiral and letting all of my colleagues down, whilst this 3 year opportunity made me more money than I would’ve earned in 37.5 years in my former role?

If so, feck yes I’d leave for free, a rich man regardless.
Nonsense and you know it.

The club have to sack him. Blame them now. This has gone beyond Ole now. He's out of his depth and they have to pull the plug.

Amir

So let's say your boss calls you into his or her office next week and tells you you're doing rubbish and wants you to leave. However they want you to walk out so they don't have to pay you your wages, would you agree?

Ole is out of his depth and needs replacing now. That's on the club to do it. Stop defending these parasites. Ole has to sack himself now? Pathetic.
While it's very theoretical, If I was a millionaire, the company was very close to my heart, it was clear I was harming it and I was being ridiculed publiclly for the job I was doing, yes, I think I would have left.

Red Rash

I really don't blame Ole for not walking away. It's easy to say if you love the club you should walk even if it means losing out on a big pay off but that's just not reality.

I do believe Ole loves the club and in his own delusional mind probably feels he can turn this around.

This is on the board now to do the right thing. If they don't act quickly there is a real possibility that we will miss out on top four and the champions league money for next season.

keener

In an effort to be fair, not overly critical, but not a homer... I've tried to keep perspective on our performances over his tenure. And generally we've played the type of football that I want to see, pressing and attacking. Aggressive, quick aggressive counterattacking football as well.

Ocassionally Ole has moved us to a more defensive posture, in efforts to play counterattacking football and at times, it's worked. Frankly I've felt this may become more of our identity (hoping it doesn't) as we solidify the back and take advantage of good passers in the midfield like Bruno and Pogba, and take advantage of our speed with Rashford, Ronaldo, Jessie etc..

But as I watched us switch back and forth from 5212 back to a 4231, i realized that tactically, we're handcuffing our players and essentially allowing the very best attacking teams in the world to just punch and punch at us for 45 minutes until we are forced to expand our formation due to being behind. This is NOT the way forward for Manchester United. I hope we can find our footing and an 11 that clicks so we can press onward. These past 3 weeks have been disappointing. We're better than this.

Amir

The club have to sack him. Blame them now. This has gone beyond Ole now. He's out of his depth and they have to pull the plug.
I am blaming the club. I'm blaming both.

The idea it's 'gone beyond Ole' is absurd. He has the power to end this in a second.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
While it's very theoretical, If I was a millionaire, the company was very close to my heart, it was clear I was harming it and I was being ridiculed publiclly for the job I was doing, yes, I think I would have left.
As I thought. Just angry and no substance.

Ole has a legal right to a pay off. He has a legal binding contract. Nobody can be belittled for wanting a a pay off. That's how it works in the real world.

Ole being up to the job is now no longer a debate. He's lost the players and the fans. Time to turn your anger on the real problem at the club. The parasites.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I am blaming the club. I'm blaming both.

The idea it's 'gone beyond Ole' is absurd. He has the power to end this in a second.
And walk away from £8m payoff?

Easy to say that on your phone pal knowing it would never happen. Would love to see it in reality.

At least I'm honest....I'd wait for the payoff. As would most people.

The owners and the CEO are the biggest problem at this club. Ole is just the latest in a line of failures.

Castia

Nothing is imminent with him leaving on holiday is it

He's here for the season.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If I was Ole I personally wouldn't care what some random people thought of me as a manager.

I did my thing as a player. Check.

Il do my thing as a manager as long as I have the ability to do so.

He should be sacked but like that's a highlight of the Glazers watching the NFL and the ICC T20 world Cup this year rather than really following united.

always_hoping

Solskjaer isn't going to resign between now and the end of the international break and if the board was to sack him they would have done so already.

We can believe all the hearsay, speculation from journalists if we like but I think we should expect Solskjaer to be still manager for the Watford game.

United was 11 points off 4th when Jose into his 3rd full season was sacked. This is now Solskjaer 3rd full season and could be 11 points off 4th after the next two games, so a trimming off Chelsea could be his final game in charge if history is to repeat itself.

el3mel

Really reaching with this.
He had a legal binding contract. You can't expect the man to walk away from his deal. Jesus Christ.

BLame the morons for giving him a new deal and then now not sacking him. Ole is perfectly fine to honour his side of the deal.

Cant believe some folk on here. You'd blame him for world hunger too.

He's literally just doing his job even if he's not doing it very well. He's not losing on purpose.
If he's an actual club legend that apparently cares so much about the club's future, I absolutely can.

I’m not blaming him, and of course it should be the club that sack him.
I’m just playing devil’s advocate, if I was treated that well, paid that obscene amount of money (12 times over my previous pay) and was failing, I’d walk without settlement if the boss who gave me the opportunity asked me to.
Hell I’d consider it personally just knowing I was letting their confidence down, I’d probably ask to relieved.
Often people in well paid jobs offer their resignation, let’s not pretend it something that never happens.

Once again, the club should do it, but I genuinely believe Ole should be at a point where he’s at least considering offering his resignation.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
If he's an actual club legend that apparently cares so much about the club's future, I absolutely can.
Easy to say that when you're not about to lose out on £8m.

Easy to say you'd do it. You wouldn't. Nobody in their right mind would.

Ole's time is over. It's now on the club to do what's best and sack him. Expecting him to resign and spare the owners is the most pathetic attitude I have ever seen on here.

Ole has done way more for the club than those owners. I hope he hangs on and makes them pay him. Rather see it go to him than these parasites.

el3mel

Easy to say that when you're not about to lose out on £8m.

Easy to say you'd do it. You wouldn't. Nobody in their right mind would.

Ole's time is over. It's now on the club to do what's best and sack him. Expecting him to resign and spare the owners is the most pathetic attitude I have ever seen on here.

Ole has done way more for the club than those owners. I hope he hangs on and makes them pay him. Rather see it go to him than these parasites.
I already brought you an example of a club legend stepping down when he thought his club had to move on, but you're choosing to completely ignores it because it ruins your point.

philipos

His payoff doesn't have to be £8m if he is sacked or nothing if he resigns - he could negotiate a payoff of, say, £4m if he agrees to resign.

Amir

As I thought. Just angry and no substance.
So basically you ask a question but can't accept an answer different from your own.

Ole being up to the job is now no longer a debate. He's lost the players and the fans. Time to turn your anger on the real problem at the club. The parasites.
Yeah, the owners and the board are really the ones to blame - They failed in four successive appointments and have also failed in letting go of four managers in a row in time. They are indeed the problem. No question.

That doesn't mean I totally clear Solskjaer. He was painted as different to our previous managers. In fact, that was his big ticket to the job. So to see now that he's the same and possibly just wants all his money is disappointing. Just another mercenary. Let that be a lesson in football romance for all.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I already brought you an example of a club legend stepping down when he thought his club had to move on, but you're choosing to completely ignores it because it ruins your point.
Ah so that should happen then? He should step down because somebody else did? What nonsense.

Why shouldn't they just sack him? Where's your energy on that point? Ole will go and nothing will change anyway. The next guy will fail and the guy after that until we get real change at this football club.

Ole isn't up to the job but he's not the real enemy here.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
So basically you ask a question but can't accept an answer different from your own.

Yeah, the owners and the board are really the ones to blame - They failed in four successive appointments and have also failed in letting go of four managers in a row in time. They are indeed the problem. No question.

That doesn't mean I totally clear Solskjaer. He was painted as different to our previous managers. In fact, that was his big ticket to the job. So to see now that he's the same and possibly just wants all his money is disappointing. Just another mercenary. Let that be a lesson in football romance for all.
Who employed him?

el3mel

Ah so that should happen then? He should step down because somebody else did? What nonsense.

Why shouldn't they just sack him? Where's your energy on that point? Ole will go and nothing will change anyway. The next guy will fail and the guy after that until we get real change at this football club.

Ole isn't up to the job but he's not the real enemy here.
No you said that no one will step down from a long term contract and leave the money, which, guess what, someone else did no problem.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
No you said that no one will step down from a long term contract and leave the money, which, guess what, someone else did no problem.
Ah okay. And how many times have managers not done that? I bet it's 99% in my favour.

Imagine being this angry at Ole you just completely pander to these owners.

Just sack him. That's all there is to it.

Ole will be blamed for the lockdown soon on here. These owners are spineless.

hobbers

Everyone with their head screwed on has been saying all season that Ole is not going to resign. He'd be a total moron to resign, giving up on millions of pounds. He has a family and no job he'll get for the rest of his life is ever going to pay him a fraction of what we are paying him now.

This is exactly why a lot of people were pointing out how idiotic it was to give him a new deal before the season had even started. If he was on the last year of his original deal, like he should have been, he very well might have walked away and kept some dignity.

el3mel

Ah okay. And how many times have managers not done that? I bet it's 99% in my favour.

Imagine being this angry at Ole you just completely pander to these owners.

Just sack him. That's all there is to it.

Ole will be blamed for the lockdown soon on here. These owners are spineless.
Zidane has stepped down twice from Real Madrid management job

https://www.laliga.com/en-GB/news/zinedine-zidane-steps-down-as-real-madrid-coach

https://www.france24.com/en/sport/2...ays-zidane-stepping-down-as-real-madrid-coach

You have no point, but you'll never admit it.

No one is saying the club shouldn't be the ones to sack him, but you trying to defend him by saying he can't resign is absolute nonsense.

dove

Zidane has stepped down twice from Real Madrid management job

https://www.laliga.com/en-GB/news/zinedine-zidane-steps-down-as-real-madrid-coach

https://www.france24.com/en/sport/2...ays-zidane-stepping-down-as-real-madrid-coach

You have no point, but you'll never admit it.

No one is saying the club shouldn't be the ones to sack him, but you trying to defend him by saying he can't resign is absolute nonsense.
I don't disagree with you but for example Zidane or Conte know that the minute they resign, they will get good offers from other good clubs. Meanwhile Ole... I don't expect big clubs fighting for his signature... He knows that it's probably his first and last job at huge club like United. Only way is down for him so he will cling on it for as long as he can.

spiriticon

There's a lot of wishful thinking going on in this thread in terms of Ole resigning.

If he doesn't want to resign, you can't force him to resign.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Other managers resigning from jobs they no longer wanted isn't the same as this. I'm pretty sure he will want to and believe he can turn it around.

Ridiculous to think he should resign.

Status
Not open for further replies.