Ole Gunnar Solskjær | Managerial Watch | Reports: Being considered for Canada job

Witchking

I wish the best for him. Sucks that united fans hate on him so much. I wanted him out but he is a true united legend. Hope he gets another chance when worse managers than him like Gerrard and Lampard keep getting big clubs.

Andy_Cole

Wish him all the best. How any Utd fan can dislike Ole is beyond me. He didn't set us back. The owners and the board did. Ole didn't really do any worse than what came before him really. Actually finished 3rd then 2nd as well which LVG n Jose didn't do. Moyes didn't even make it a season.
This. Our fan base is bizarre with how they belittle him.

Gomes

Wish him all the best. How any Utd fan can dislike Ole is beyond me. He didn't set us back. The owners and the board did. Ole didn't really do any worse than what came before him really. Actually finished 3rd then 2nd as well which LVG n Jose didn't do. Moyes didn't even make it a season.
He absolutely did set United back. Horribly so.

Eli Zee

I wish the best for him. Sucks that united fans hate on him so much. I wanted him out but he is a true united legend. Hope he gets another chance when worse managers than him like Gerrard and Lampard keep getting big clubs.
Being realistic isn't hate.. most fans love him but are realistic with his managerial ability.

he did set us back. Anyone who didn't bring us forward stopped us from getting someone who would.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Being realistic isn't hate.. most fans love him but are realistic with his managerial ability.

he did set us back. Anyone who didn't bring us forward stopped us from getting someone who would.
By that logic every manager so far since Fergie set us back (and in a way you may be right).

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Utter nonsense and it's proved you've not learned anything from the last ten years. Ole is the only manager we've had post Fergie to finish top 4 in consecutive seasons.

This club has been failing because of the owners and the board.

Nicolarra90

That's a nice way to say "got us into a 2nd tier European competition final after crushing out from the group stage of the top European competition".

Relegation fodders and midtable clubs won't care about such thing.
Xavi did not and he's apparently billy big bollox

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Ofcourse it's hate for some utterly pathetic reasons.

Consistently belittling him whenever there is some managerial change in PL is nothing but hate and it's usually the same posters.

Lost bear

Utter nonsense and it's proved you've not learned anything from the last ten years. Ole is the only manager we've had post Fergie to finish top 4 in consecutive seasons.

This club has been failing because of the owners and the board.
It’s true that there were - and are - bigger problems but Ole was obviously out of his managerial depth, and was increasingly floundering as the seasons passed.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It’s true that there were - and are - bigger problems but Ole was obviously out of his managerial depth, and was increasingly floundering as the seasons passed.
Hasn't the same thing happened to every single manager?

This is why the Glazers have to go. The longer a manager stays the more they just start getting the blame.

Ole went a whole season without losing an away game. Only time it's ever happened in our entire history. 3rd and 2nd place finishes. Great record Vs Pep.

The managers have been failing because the people behind the scenes aren't professional enough to run a a sweet shop let alone a huge football club.

Nicolarra90

Look at all those poor premier league clubs changing and changing managers without realizing there's a European cup finalist and 2nd and 3rd place finished available.

If only they knew.
It's the same wit Maguire. He's so memed that he'll have to go and play for fecking Ipswich town, yet he'd probably do great in any not top 6 club.

Nero

Why are there some people here who seem to genuinely revel in shitting on a club legend?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
You keep ignoring people telling you he has rejected offers. You just keep writing what you want to believe.
You have absolutely no idea what he wants.
Unlike Lampard he doesn’t even live in England and I really don’t know what the motivation for him would be to take the Everton or even Leicester job (if offered). He is not going to achieve more there than he did at United.
He has enough money, has managed his dream club and unless he is very keen to be a manager for years to come he is under no pressure to take any job offered to him.
I only just now read someone posting he rejected premier league offers (as per the athletic).

I don't believe that he would reject a premier league club for Brugge or wherever he ends up. I think the motivation for him if he wants to be considered a top manager should be pretty obvious. If a team like Everton or Leicester did actually offer him a job and he rejected maybe he's waiting for an easier club more suited to his level.

exactly. Managers can also get better, and we all knew ole was out of his depth managing United at that time in his career but the guy is a hard worker and can very well accelerate his game.
They indeed can but lets not forget Ole is the same age group of mauricio pochettino, Conte and many other established managers. He's not a young manager by any means.

He would've been a better option than Lampard at Chelsea. Solskjaer gets a lot of flack but he's Guardiola next to Frank.
I don't really rate lampard and I think he is going to be Chelseas Ole. I hope they go on a winning run and make him permanent. That said Lampard's season with Derby was pretty impressive. He also has the advantage of age being 44 still.

SAFMUTD

You keep ignoring people telling you he has rejected offers.
Is this real? What offers has he rejected specifically? I haven't heard of any club interested on him. Besides recent rumors about Bruges.

shamans

Why are there some people here who seem to genuinely revel in shitting on a club legend?
Stating the obvious that he's just not a good manager is not shitting on a club legend. Scholes is my all time favorite player but he's also very likely not a good manager.

SAFMUTD

It's the same wit Maguire. He's so memed that he'll have to go and play for fecking Ipswich town, yet he'd probably do great in any not top 6 club.
Surely that's what clubs think about, look the manager/player is memed we shouldnt approach them by any means even if they'd surely do great at a cut price.

Sounds about it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He can’t have set us back that much considering we won a trophy the very next season after his sacking.

shamans

What sticks in the chops is how willing people are to still crap on the bloke. It just makes no sense at all, and can only really be because people lost their minds arguing about him for so long. You'd think he was as spectacular a failure as Moyes was at OT the way people talk about him

Worse.

His transfer record: Maguire, Fernandes (polarized but arguably not the right fit for the club), Wan Bissaka, Donny Van Der Beek, Telles, James, bumper contract to Martial and insisting with Pogba for a long time. I almost forgot about Sancho.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Worse.

His transfer record: Maguire, Fernandes (polarized but arguably not the right fit for the club), Wan Bissaka, Donny Van Der Beek, Telles, James, bumper contract to Martial and insisting with Pogba for a long time. I almost forgot about Sancho.
Oh do fecking behave.

multiple semi finals and a EL final is much better form than what Moyes did.

Feck me.

el3mel

Xavi did not and he's apparently billy big bollox
Xavi is a young and incoming manager, who's managing at the club he was an ex legend at anyway. Ole is older by 7 years and has been managing for 10 whole years. He's not some young talented coach you're willing to give him some chance because he has revolutionary ideas or tactically progressive style and on the hope of him getting better as he gets older.

Castia

Wish him all the best he's a much better manager than some of these people getting job after job

el3mel

He can’t have set us back that much considering we won a trophy the very next season after his sacking.
Then you can't say Mourinho had set United back or left Ole a bad squad to work with because the squad he left finished 3rd the first year after he was sacked. How the irony.

AltiUn

Then you can't say Mourinho had set United back or left Ole a bad squad to work with because the squad he left finished 3rd the first year after he was sacked. How the irony.
The irony of what lol? The feck are you even on about?

Irrational.

I think Big Sam would've done a better job at United than Ole. He was an abject failure as a manager but a legend as a player. We need to separate the two.

el3mel

That isn't what irony is.
The irony is that most Ole fans claim he got a terrible squad or a toxic dressing room after Mourinho and he left us at a better place than what he got, then claiming now he didn't set us back because Ten Hag won a League Cup even though the squad Mourinho left for Ole also finished 3rd the first year after he was sacked, yet Ole fans were saying it was all thanks to him. The hypocrisy and contradiction at its finest.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Worse.

No clue

Semper Fudge

Apt Tagline
The irony is that most Ole fans claim he got a terrible squad or a toxic dressing room after Mourinho and he left us at a better place than what he got, then claiming now he didn't set us back because Ten Hag won a League Cup even though the squad Mourinho left for Ole also finished 3rd the first year after he was sacked, yet Ole fans were saying it was all thanks to him. The hypocrisy and contradiction at its finest.
But...that's not what irony means. You keep using the wrong word.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Worse.

Maguire and Wan Bissaka are the only ones I take issue with there. If we’d had a director of football they’d have piped up and said we’re not signing players that only work in a low block if we want to dominate the ball at any point in the next few seasons. That said I don’t think they’re bad players, just vastly overpriced and they don’t suit our style. Ole should have known this though.

Bruno was a great buy, Donny looked amazing at Ajax, Telles was a 12m backup and played as such, James was a promising young player who we moved on for twice what we paid, and every man and his dog wanted Sancho on here - blaming Ole for signing one of the most promising teenagers in the world is a new one.

el3mel

Maguire and Wan Bissaka are the only ones I take issue with there. If we’d had a director of football they’d have piped up and said we’re not signing players that only work in a low block if we want to dominate the ball at any point in the next few seasons. That said I don’t think they’re bad players, just vastly overpriced and they don’t suit our style. Ole should have known this though.

Bruno was a great buy, Donny looked amazing at Ajax, Telles was a 12m backup and played as such, James was a promising young player who we moved on for twice what we paid, and every man and his dog wanted Sancho on here - blaming Ole for signing one of the most promising teenagers in the world is a new one.
This is why our transfer business suck. We base it on the hype of the fans around players, instead of actually evaluating if his style of play will suit the team or not.

What we're seeing now is a player who doesn't fit the nature of Premier League style of play and intensity at all.

I'm pretty sure the majority of us thought of Sancho as an explosive player with a lot of pace and dribbling power. Most of us don't watch Bundesliga regularly and depend on the players' video, then we got shocked when we saw a player who barely even runs at the defender in front of him.

What I expect from the club is to have a better vision on players' suitability for the team by actually watching that player and analyzing if he'll fit here and in PL or not, and not just signing players off hype.

Most of United big transfers post Fergie have been like that and that's why most of them failed. Haphazard transfer business with the fans cheering on them when they happen.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I think Big Sam would've done a better job at United than Ole. He was an abject failure as a manager but a legend as a player. We need to separate the two.
The takes in this thread are something to behold :lol: :lol:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Ridiculous thing to say. Yeah, ultimately he failed in the end but no way did he set us back. Wreck-It did more 'damage' if you want to call it that in the short time he was at United. Doing a Potter is setting the club back. Solskjaer just ran out of ideas....just like 98% of all football managers.

No reason, why he shouldn't walk into another PL job. I actually think he'd be perfect for Leicester (and he could take Maguire with him).

AltiUn

But I’m not an Ole fan

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
This is why our transfer business suck. We base it on the hype of the fans around players, instead of actually evaluating if his style of play will suit the team or not.

What we're seeing now is a player who doesn't fit the nature of Premier League style of play and intensity at all.

I'm pretty sure the majority of us thought of Sancho as an explosive player with a lot of pace and dribbling power. Most of us don't watch Bundesliga regularly and depend on the players' video, then we got shocked when we saw a player who barely even runs at the defender in front of him.

What I expect from the club is to have a better vision on players' suitability for the team by actually watching that player and analyzing if he'll fit here and in PL or not, and not just signing players off hype.

Most of United big transfers post Fergie have been like that and that's why most of them failed. Haphazard transfer business with the fans cheering on them when they happen.
This is a problem I have with our business in recent years. When was the last time we scouted someone and found the next big thing before they started costing silly money? The summer we signed Sancho we also signed Varane and Ronaldo - how much scouting went into those 3? None, probably. We need to be doing more to uncover the next Vidic, Hernandez etc.

cyberman

Doesn't matter, Arsenal took Liverpool's place and Newcastle are miles better than Chelsea under Lampard which is what Ole was dealing with for most of those two seasons at United. And the 2nd season was quite the farce with being behind closed doors and games getting delayed all the time.
Newcastle aren’t better than the side that cruised the CL title. This City side isn’t even as good as that City side.
there’s been 12 sackings this season for a reason and it’s not because they’re all playing at a high level.

tomaldinho1

If reports are true, and why wouldn't they be, that he has received and rejected offers then this whole couple of pages are moot anyway.

What sticks in the chops is how willing people are to still crap on the bloke. It just makes no sense at all, and can only really be because people lost their minds arguing about him for so long. You'd think he was as spectacular a failure as Moyes was at OT the way people talk about him
We’ve had a weird run of managers, all but Moyes divide opinion hugely. He was just woeful.

Eriku

Oh do fecking behave.

multiple semi finals and a EL final is much better form than what Moyes did.

Feck me.
Did these people really follow United back then, I wonder? Taking the league champions to 7th is apparently better than what Ole managed.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Martial and Greenwood had their best seasons under him. Not even Ten Hag has gotten what Ole got from Bruno. Unlocked a consistent Rashford as well. Imagine that, signing a player that was so successful that he could successfully build a team around him! The cheat!
We had a front 4 that all scored 20 goals in a season with a sub in Cavani that came close behind them.
The quality of this season was worse than those two season yet here we are, touching 5th place.
it’s not as easy as Ole made out.
And you have no idea if lower clubs care about cup competitions or not. Does only the CL count if you want to manage fecking Crystal Palace?
Exactly.
I think when you think about all the reasons people give around how Ole finished with that record, they fail to notice that most of that reasoning contradicts their earlier reasoning.