Ole Gunnar Solskjær | Managerial Watch | Reports: Being considered for Canada job

Scandi Red

Hates Music.

Preparing for the Norway job in 2026 I guess. Decent stepping stone.
Great news! It's good to have an inside man. When we want to pretend that Lindelof is injured in order skip international breaks, Ole will be our bro and play dumb! :drool:

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Aren't Sweden better than Norway still? I guess if Lindelof is their captain it's not their greatest generation but Norway don't have any defenders at all do they?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Happy for him if this pans out. Is there any strong sporting rivalry between the Nordic national teams, by any chance?

Tinúviel

Hard pass.

The Swedish recruitment process for a new manager has been a bit of a circus and the people in charge have been accused of incompetence.

All the top targets have turned down the job and it looks like they look at the bottom of the barrel now with the likes of Ole.

Our last manager was the worst manager we've ever had and I'd still have him over Ole.

Good player, but just not a manager.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Not particularly, I'd say. There's more of a good natured and humorous rivalry imo.
Didn't a game get abandoned because fan ran on and attacked the ref, think Sweden were playing another nordic country anyway?

Not a great Swedish generation by any means but Kuluveski-Isak-Elanga is young and good enough and fits into his counter attack style.

JohnnyLaw

Didn't a game get abandoned because fan ran on and attacked the ref, think Sweden were playing another nordic country anyway?

Not a great Swedish generation by any means but Kuluveski-Isak-Elanga is young and good enough and fits into his counter attack style.
Yeah vs Denmark.

Hard pass.

The Swedish recruitment process for a new manager has been a bit of a circus and the people in charge have been accused of incompetence.

All the top targets have turned down the job and it looks like they look at the bottom of the barrel now with the likes of Ole.

Our last manager was the worst manager we've ever had and I'd still have him over Ole.

Oh no, bottom of the barrel was where we very nearly ended up with fecking Olof Mellberg.

SirAF

Ageist
You're right, I don't think that's representative of the rivalry in general though. That said, I could be very wrong since I don't really care about Noggie football! :p

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Happy for him if this pans out. Is there any strong sporting rivalry between the Nordic national teams, by any chance?
not really. despite not being one, i think i speak for all scandies here; they all agree that scandinavia is basically just denmark, and the other nations see themselves as vassal states to copenhagen. its kind of like ole’s going to run a pub in another village, the profits of which are sent to denmark any way.

Last edited:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
not really. despite not being one, i think i speak for all scandies here; they all agree that scandinavia is basically just denmark, and the other nations see themselves as vassal states to copenhagen. its kind of like ole’s going to run a pub in another village, the profits of which are sent to denmark
any way.
Totally

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
What are they thinking abbaout? What's the ikea behind this? Do they think he can assemble a good team?

Skills

Snitch
Would Carrick and McKenna join him? After all they learned everything they know from him, but he might not have had the time to teach them everything he knew

izec

He is probably more suited to this than club football. The level and competition is not as high either

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Aren't Sweden better than Norway still? I guess if Lindelof is their captain it's not their greatest generation but Norway don't have any defenders at all do they?
They aren't. We beat them home and away recently. Our clubs regularly trash theirs in Europe. They are busted flush.

Their 51 % rule means the fans vote against anything modern. Not getting with the times means you get left behind. Money goes elsewhere. The pros are that their domestic league is evenly balanced and competitive every year plus the supporter culture is great. But outside of their borders their football won't be relevant again anytime soon.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
They aren't. We beat them home and away recently. Our clubs regularly trash theirs in Europe. They are busted flush.

Their 51 % rule means the fans vote against anything modern. Not getting with the times means you get left behind. Money goes elsewhere. The pros are that their domestic league is evenly balanced and competitive every year plus the supporter culture is great. But outside of their borders their football won't be relevant again anytime soon.

As long as it's better than the uncompetitive shite served up in the Bundesliga then good luck to them! Hopefully Ole will enjoy his time there even if they suck.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
This will be the one he finally takes after batting away Madrid and Milan over the last few years, as his fans have told us.

“Bottom of the barrel” for the Swedish FA is the one that will finally coax him back!

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Dumb Swedes... Dolph Lundgren is right there and you're just gonna straight up ignore him?

iHicksy

Would Carrick and McKenna join him? After all they learned everything they know from him, but he might not have had the time to teach them everything he knew
Trying to find the white text...

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
This was pure Ole ball - imagine this now, people would be creaming themselves

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Seems ages since we clicked like that
I cried a little watching that video!

Pass [forward!], move, pass, move, SCORE! All at mind-blowing high speeds

Now, we seem to mostly pass sideways or back (whyyyy) and move at nauseatingly slow speeds, and of course most of our forwards can't find the back of the net to save their lives!

What the feck happened to us?

90 + 5min

Hard pass.

I think he is very good manager. He was just thrown under the bus by players. If he gets the job he will not be any miracle man. Sweden lacks players apart from 4-5 that can perform on high level. Top targets turning down? The only one who did that was Mellberg. No bigger names already having job are ever going to take a job where there is less money considering what they get in other teams.

Recruitment have been circus and those in charge being incompetent wouldn't surprise me. If I'm not wrong it is former Prime Minister that is head of their FA now.

51% rule is blessing for supporters. Money or not. I wish we had that in Premier League. While the league isn't top quality their fans are one of best in Europe and can create great atmosphere. At least bigger teams. If you been at games you would see passion, songs, tifos and all that. Real football culture. Sure there is element of less good behaviour but that can be found everywhere.

AndyMUFC

The Ole criticism compared to other managers has never made a massive amount of sense.

The original appointment was a weird one but he finished 2nd and 3rd with the spine of this squad and to be honest some of the football we played in spells was the best we've seen since Fergie. I'd snap your hand off for anything even close to that this season.

He definitely knows how to set a team up to play on the counter anyway, which will suit a Sweden side with Elanga and Isak.