Ole Gunnar Solskjær | Managerial Watch | Reports: Being considered for Canada job

Winrar

It would have to be the Champions League, stopping City and Arsenal on the way :drool: Neverkusen haven't lost a game all season and are 8 points clear.
If Leverkusen somehow fail to win the title this season it'll be the most Neverkusen thing they've ever done

Oranges038

Ole to Bayern and he goes on to win the CL and beat the 115 in the final would be one hell of a few months.

Be a laugh if they just went for Alonso now either, which wouldn't surprise me at all.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
This is basically a senior player calling Tuchel out no? He's gone surely, if so.
Actually no. Müller isn't complaining about a lack of freedom as such, he is complaining about the players not playing as free-flowing in actual matches than in the training sessions. Of course the manager influences that as well, but at least he clearly points to a mental problem, not to too rigid tactics or something like that.

tomaldinho1

Actually no. Müller isn't complaining about a lack of freedom as such, he is complaining about the players not playing as free-flowing in actual matches than in the training sessions. Of course the manager influences that as well, but at least he clearly points to a mental problem, not to too rigid tactics or something like that.
Ok that’s helpful context. Got impression he was saying they were too structured but if it’s that they aren’t translating training to the pitch it’s not going against Tuchel.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Ok that’s helpful context. Got impression he was saying they were too structured but if it’s that they aren’t translating training to the pitch it’s not going against Tuchel.
He explicitly said that his comments go against the players and to underline what's wrong he quoted a famous Oliver Kahn statement ("Balls! We need balls!")

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Be a laugh if they just went for Alonso now either, which wouldn't surprise me at all.
There was some reports talking about that Bayern would love to see Xabi Alonso take over as the manager this summer, but others believes there already is a plan for Alonsos future - that he will stay for another season in Leverkusen if they DO NOT win the league, but because it seems that they will, he feels that he wont repeat this monster of a season again next summer and that it would be the best thing to leave the club while it is at the very top and his legacy will go down in their history books. But, it was said that he already was and is in contact with Real Madrid for the manager job when Ancelloti retires (planned to do it in 2025) so if he wants to leave Leverkusen this summer, he will either have to ask Real Madrid to see if they can talk to Ancelotti again (Real M. doesn't want to sack Ancelotti after everything he has done for the club) and see if he is willing to retire this summer, or he can stay in Leverkusen and hope that Leverkusen can repeat this fantastic season, or he could go for the Liverpool job or take 1 year of and wait for summer 2025.

The best scenario would be that Ancelotti would be offered Brazil again and that he gets 2 years to prepare for the WC and can retire after that, Xabi joins Real Madrid and Ole to Bayern - best for all of them and for Manchester United, we dont need a new, younger, hungry Pep G. joining Liverpool and if he really is this good as a manager, and its not just a season for Leverkusen where exactly everything goes their way and Bayern just having a bad season, then just imagen what he could do with Liverpool who has better players (and he will probably bring players like Frimpong & Writz with him), more money and overall is a much bigger club with higher ambitions than Leverkusen.

We could be facing another 6-7 years of Liverpool domination (+ Manchester City) where it requires 90+ points to win the league. We dont need that, he has showed what he can do with Leverkusen in 1 year.

So I would much rather see him in A) Real Madrid (As a 30+ years United supporter, Real has always been the only other team in the bigger leagues that i can say i like besides United, so I rather see them dominate the European football for next 10 years, which they probably will do anyway now when the final bits of their puzzel are arriving this summer in Mbappe, Endrick and probably A. Davies. B) Bayern - Would rather see Ole as their manager, if there is anything is this rumor (i dont believe there is), but if it means that Alonso ends up in Liverpool if Bayern goes with Ole, then i hope they forget about Ole and goes all in for Alonso C) He stays in Leverkusen for another year and moves to Real Madrid 2025

Still, I dont see Ole in Bayern.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
if he really is this good as a manager, and its not just a season for Leverkusen where exactly everything goes their way and Bayern just having a bad season
Leverkusen is on a run of 32 unbeaten matches (thorughout all competitions) which is on par with Flick's sextuple winning Bayern and if they don't lose their next match they hold that record on their own. Their points per game average sees them very close to the all time record held by Heynckes treble winning Bayern and they could actually beat that record. What Bayern is doing currently really doesn't matter for Leverkusen, they are on track to win titles due to own strength, not due to any Bayern weakness.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Leverkusen is on a run of 32 unbeaten matches (throughout all competitions) which is on par with Flick's sextuple winning Bayern and if they don't lose their next match they hold that record on their own. Their points per game average sees them very close to the all time record held by Heynckes treble winning Bayern and they could actually beat that record. What Bayern is doing currently really doesn't matter for Leverkusen, they are on track to win titles due to own strength, not due to any Bayern weakness.
Yes i agree, but they have still not won anything yet - and sometimes when you do, and you have to start all over again next year - its not easy to keep that momentum going on for ever.
And a couple of their best players will probably leave this summer and it will not be hard to find replacements for them (not only because they are good players, but also because Alonso have built a team depending A LOT on his wing backs, and for example Frimpong has a 40m release clause this summer and wants to try something new, Wirtz will have offers from Bayern and other big clubs, Tapsoba is highly ranked CB that are on the list of many clubs and so is at least 2-3 more players from the starting eleven).

Another thing is that next season Bayern will be prepared for Leverkusen and be ready from the start of the season. Its not often they have to go all in in Bundesliga because the other teams are often not even close to challenge them for the title. Also Bayern have seen the last months that the need to invest some money again, they cant play with same eleven, as they have been, for much longer.

Neuer and Muller wont be there for many more seasons. Kimmich is interested to try something else with 1 year left on his contract (something we should look into). So Bayern knowing that they need to invest in some players because some might leave and the fact that Leverkusen is this good at the moment and also Dortmund makes a run every 3-4 years - things wont be easier for Leverkusen next season.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I'd love it to happen if only to see all his haters blame him for losing the title to Leverkusen.

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
I've never seen a bloke linked with so many jobs still be unemployed.
To be fair, most of the jobs have been shit. A struggling (unnamed) PL team, the Norwegian women's national team and worst of all: the Swedish men's national team.

He clearly needed a long break and has said so himself. Nothing wrong with that. If anything, I respect it.

Robbie Boy

To be fair, most of the jobs have been shit. A struggling (unnamed) PL team, the Norwegian women's national team and worst of all: the Swedish men's national team.

He clearly needed a long break and has said so himself. Nothing wrong with that. If anything, I respect it.
Was he not odds on favourite for a Turkish job just a few weeks ago?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
tuchel leaking stories to scare bayern fans into sticking with him.

Robbie Boy

Maybe. But I don't blame him for aiming a little higher than that after the United job.
Always said when he left that his best bet is to go to a EL level club and see how it goes from there. There's no way he's getting any major gigs.

Robbie Boy

He'd have them finishing better than if they keep Tuchel.
Yes obviously. Tuchel has a habit of completely imploding a-few seasons into a job and with the squad he has, it's pretty clear that they shouldn't be losing to fecking Bochum. I reckon any semi competent manager could go in and improve the side until the end of the season.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
No fecking way :D this season keeps getting better and better

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Are they crazy? Ole might actually do well but they have their own legends dont they? Rather than appointing their worst nemesis.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Are they crazy? Ole might actually do well but they have their own legends dont they? Rather than appointing their worst nemesis.
They have. But most of them are just sitting drunk in TV talkshows and are totally clueless.

hobbers

Is this because they've analysed all the interim manager jobs in the last couple decades and realised Ole's was by far the most successful?

Because there's no way they'd bring him in for next season.