Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hal9000

Difficult with the wages they are on and the abilities they have.
Either way, it's better than having them as back up, then having to get 3 players in to replace them, on top of the CB and RB we were already looking at getting.

If we let them go, potentially 7 players we would of been letting go on free. So either have to promote youth or take budget from other areas we need to strengthen.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Check the OP.
Well the OP is this:

So you're going to have to do a little more to enlighten me than that. If you mean the post I directly refuted, again you're going to have to explain the point you're making because from the post you made it looked as though you were saying Ole does have a plan, based upon the fact that I know how to structure a forum post.

soaphroniscuss

Well the OP is this:
So you're going to have to do a little more to enlighten me than that. If you mean the post I directly refuted, again you're going to have to explain the point you're making because from the post you made it looked as though you were saying Ole does have a plan, based upon the fact that I know how to structure a forum post.
No I don't. If you can't understand what he meant then edit your original reply and ask OP a tad more politely instead.

I've said what I want to say about this. It's pretty obvious if you think about it ...

JustAGuest

No I don't. If you can't understand what he meant then edit your original reply and ask OP a tad more politely instead.

I've said what I want to say about this. It's pretty obvious if you think about it ...
What's the point of this nonsense?

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned

What's the point of this nonsense?
Who knows? I'm not the one who wants to get promoted so he can suit himself.

TRUERED89

There’s no scenario to make up in general though.

We’ve hired a novice manager with no real success in a top league (and a relegation!) Someone where performances have been getting worse rather than better (where you’d expect the opposite with more time to influence the squad with your ideas)

Any other big club wouldn’t have hired Ole in the first place & if they had would have sacked him by now. But we’re too good to do that apparently & should give him multiple transfer windows because we should give him time- despite no signs at all of improvement or a plan.

We’ve settled basically & some fans are content with this
If Ole started the season then he'd deserve to be sacked, but he didn't so give him a millimetre of leeway! or is that a bit too much to ask? I back Ole but I'm not going to blindly support him. After December 2019 if we're not in the top 4 and are replicating the end of 18/19 then his time will likely be up unfortunately! But until then I wish him all the success humanly possible, we've been in this merry-go-round for 6 daunting years, tried CL/PL winners and an experienced Scott; nothing worked. So I want to give him atleast the same amount of time Moyes got (10 months).

Zen86

If Ole started the season then he'd deserve to be sacked, but he didn't so give him a millimetre of leeway! or is that a bit too much to ask? I back Ole but I'm not going to blindly support him. After December 2019 if we're not in the top 4 and are replicating the end of 18/19 then his time will likely be up unfortunately! But until then I wish him all the success humanly possible, we've been in this merry-go-round for 6 daunting years, tried CL/PL winners and an experienced Scott; nothing worked. So I want to give him atleast the same amount of time Moyes got (10 months).
I wouldn’t be surprised if some people on here would actually prefer him to fail and be out of the door.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Nope not a doom merchant- just looking at the reality & seeing we could do much better

Yes I would have a different tune if results were the other around as it would mean players were on board with his ideas & his style of play was working. It didn’t & it doesn’t so bit of a silly thing to say.

Well last bit was very mature- well done. Who’s lost in their emotions again..?
:lol: A constant theme of crossy's whinging posts to be fair, bless him.

Celoti23-81

I wouldn’t be surprised if some people on here would actually prefer him to fail and be out of the door.
I don't think people want him to fail, I just think the form and style of play towards the end was a bit clueless! And people are jumping on that! The first real test he had was to try and turn things around, after that awesome run, but he failed at it in my eyes! Sam Allardyce at Everton was more consistent than Ole was in such a short space of time!

Zen86

I don't think people want him to fail, I just think the form and style of play towards the end was a bit clueless! And people are jumping on that! The first real test he had was to try and turn things around, after that awesome run, but he failed at it in my eyes! Sam Allardyce at Everton was more consistent than Ole was in such a short space of time!
We’ve got a squad full of bad attitudes and an inflated sense of entitlement. That’s not Solksjaer’s doing, rather 4 or 5 years of bad decisions.

romufc

It's not December and we aren't 7th. Why don't you wait until the transfer window is closed before kicking off about signings/releases?
Thanks, I almost forgot we are in June not December. My first post was IF we do not sign a CB we are in trouble. IF we do sign one, I for one will be optimistic about our top 4 chances, as I think we could beat Arsenal and Chelsea.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
We’ve got a squad full of bad attitudes and an inflated sense of entitlement. That’s not Solksjaer’s doing, rather 4 or 5 years of bad decisions.
Of course that isn't his fault, but if it is allowed to continue it becomes his fault. If it carries on like this and he gets fired, then the players this time will be right in the fans firing line. It will be one time too many.

SteveW

Nope not a doom merchant- just looking at the reality & seeing we could do much better

Yes I would have a different tune if results were the other around as it would mean players were on board with his ideas & his style of play was working. It didn’t & it doesn’t so bit of a silly thing to say.

Well last bit was very mature- well done. Who’s lost in their emotions again..?
Good post @crossy1686

This one, less so. Why not give him a chance before throwing your toys around?

SteveW

The only sensible view right now is to wait and see what happens next season. People need to stop pretending they can see the future.

Overall hes done quite well. 3rd best points in the league since he took over. If we start well next season the doom and gloom will look kind of silly. Let's wait and see

Rafaeldagold

Good post @crossy1686

This one, less so. Why not give him a chance before throwing your toys around?
How is it throwing your toys out of the pram..just think we deserve a better manager & you haven’t answered any of the points I made which is standard for those who support Ole as there isn’t really any good reason why we’re sticking with him into next season.

Rafaeldagold

The only sensible view right now is to wait and see what happens next season. People need to stop pretending they can see the future.

Overall hes done quite well. 3rd best points in the league since he took over. If we start well next season the doom and gloom will look kind of silly. Let's wait and see
No I think the ‘sensible view’ is to get in a manager who knows what he’s doing & can improve us. Ole has seen our performances & results free fall.

It’s a huge huge worry that he started well ( Results wise- we still weren’t playing particulary well I’m any kind of style) yet has regressed since. Shows it was probably new manager bounce as with more time to implement your idea & style results & performances should improve

SteveW

No I think the ‘sensible view’ is to get in a manager who knows what he’s doing & can improve us. Ole has seen our performances & results free fall.

It’s a huge huge worry that he started well ( Results wise- we still weren’t playing particulary well I’m any kind of style) yet has regressed since. Shows it was probably new manager bounce as with more time to implement your idea & style results & performances should improve
We had the 3rd best points with Ole and the 6th best under Jose. That's a strange type of freefall.

I find it utterly bizarre that people just dismiss all the good results for the first few months. The players looked out on their feet over the last few weeks which isnt that surprising when Ole flagged their fitness levels as a major problem back in January.

Ole has earned the job by auditioning and proving he can win a shitload of games. So he deserves a shot. I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest he cant do it barring a tired and unfit squad running out of legs towards the end.

I read Pochs book recently and he spoke about how difficult it was at spurs at the start. He was one game away from getting the sack after an awful run in the first few months. He said as good as he could coach nothing could really improve without replacing several players.

Ole is in a similar situation right now. I think it would be grossly unfair to judge him before next season considering what Jose left him with. The fact that we even challenged for top 4 was a good perfomance by him.

Rafaeldagold

We had the 3rd best points with Ole and the 6th best under Jose. That's a strange type of freefall.

I find it utterly bizarre that people just dismiss all the good results for the first few months. The players looked out on their feet over the last few weeks which isnt that surprising when Ole flagged their fitness levels as a major problem back in January.

Ole has earned the job by auditioning and proving he can win a shitload of games. So he deserves a shot. I've seen absolutely nothing to suggest he cant do it barring a tired and unfit squad running out of legs towards the end.

I read Pochs book recently and he spoke about how difficult it was at spurs at the start. He was one game away from getting the sack after an awful run in the first few months. He said as good as he could coach nothing could really improve without replacing several players.

Ole is in a similar situation right now. I think it would be grossly unfair to judge him before next season considering what Jose left him with. The fact that we even challenged for top 4 was a good perfomance by him.
Free fall means getting worse- which is what’s happened since he took over.

I find it bizarre that people dismiss all the bad results from the last part of the season.

Ah yes the fitness levels excuse- surely this would have been noticeable start of his reign too- Also no way would Jose or LVG get away with this excuse. Any other manager in any big club would have been sacked after our performances & results towards end of the season

SteveW

Free fall means getting worse- which is what’s happened since he took over.

I find it bizarre that people dismiss all the bad results from the last part of the season.

Ah yes the fitness levels excuse- surely this would have been noticeable start of his reign too- Also no way would Jose or LVG get away with this excuse. Any other manager in any big club would have been sacked after our performances & results towards end of the season
Fatigue shows over time though. Obviously. They got an absolute spate of muscular injuries before the downturn of form. Muscle injuries comes from overwork in relation to fitness levels. They weren't fit enough for what they were trying to do. Ole admitted as much in January but said he'd try to implement his style anyway and see who could handle it.

Sacking a manager under those circumstances would be mental.

DomesticTadpole

Shouldn't we be in the CL then if results were so good, instead we couldn't even finish above Arsenal who would supposedly be distracted by the EL. Also not being able to right tactics against Huddersfield and Cardiff who were already down is not great.

el3mel

We decided to take the experiment and we'll have to go through it to see the end results, though I'm expecting him to be sacked by December all honestly.

Kapardin

We decided to take the experiment and we'll have to go through it to see the end results, though I'm expecting him to be sacked by December all honestly.
Atleast he won't be intending to deliberately play a boring style as he apparently favors an energetic press. Small mercies.

DomesticTadpole

Yep we can't get rid now. He might surprise us, but the club need to bring players in for him, because I am not inspired by the ones we already have.

Rafaeldagold

We don’t have to do anything- we could sack him now but we won’t & will meander towards next season before getting sacked

Rafaeldagold

Atleast he won't be intending to deliberately play a boring style as he apparently favors an energetic press. Small mercies.
Well I’ve been very bored by the performances he’s given us so far- no plan similar to Moyes.

Definitely no energetic press- we’ve just been sitting back deep & playing on the counter which is very boring & not liable to give you consistent results

JustAGuest

Shouldn't we be in the CL then if results were so good, instead we couldn't even finish above Arsenal who would supposedly be distracted by the EL. Also not being able to right tactics against Huddersfield and Cardiff who were already down is not great.
We would have been in the CL if not for the 11 point gap left by the previous manager.

Zen86

Of course that isn't his fault, but if it is allowed to continue it becomes his fault. If it carries on like this and he gets fired, then the players this time will be right in the fans firing line. It will be one time too many.
The players are already in the firing line, and rightly so.

It’s Ole’s job to fix these problems yes, but he isn’t going to stop the rot in one summer. It’s going to take time. Obviously there needs to be clear signs of improvement next year, work rate and team ethic would be a good start, but no manager is going to transform us into a dominant force overnight. Our problems are just too deep.

Zen86

Well I’ve been very bored by the performances he’s given us so far- no plan similar to Moyes.

Definitely no energetic press- we’ve just been sitting back deep & playing on the counter which is very boring & not liable to give you consistent results
So what would your plan of action be to get this energetic press and swashbuckling football next season?

Rafaeldagold

The players are already in the firing line, and rightly so.

It’s Ole’s job to fix these problems yes, but he isn’t going to stop the rot in one summer. It’s going to take time. Obviously there needs to be clear signs of improvement next year, work rate and team ethic would be a good start, but no manager is going to transform us into a dominant force overnight. Our problems are just too deep.
I honestly don’t get this point of view.

So our problems do run deep yes-That doesn’t mean we give a pass to Ole..!
It means we need a better manager not an inexperienced one where performances have been getting worse..!

Rafaeldagold

So what would your plan of action be to get this energetic press and swashbuckling football next season?
Hire an experienced manager where he’s shown an actual style of play & implemented it at previous clubs. Then buy the players that fit that profile

Zen86

Hire an experienced manager where he’s shown an actual style of play & implemented it at previous clubs. Then buy the players that fit that profile
Like who? Asking because you clearly have better player and managerial targets in mind than what we have.

DomesticTadpole

I honestly don’t get this point of view.

So our problems do run deep yes-That doesn’t mean we give a pass to Ole..!
It means we need a better manager not an inexperienced one where performances have been getting worse..!
He needs to be able to weed out the problems and if they down tools again he and the club will know exactly who they are and should get rid otherwise they will just carry on running the club and scuppering every manager we employ. He cannot be their pal or they will just take advantage.

SteveW

We got more points than Arsenal after Ole took over. Jose had us miles behind them.

passing-wind

Fatigue shows over time though. Obviously. They got an absolute spate of muscular injuries before the downturn of form. Muscle injuries comes from overwork in relation to fitness levels. They weren't fit enough for what they were trying to do. Ole admitted as much in January but said he'd try to implement his style anyway and see who could handle it.

Sacking a manager under those circumstances would be mental.
Im sorry but the circumstances were more severe, under Ole's winning run how many games did we ride our luck with ?

We put in countless mediocre performances that fans hailed as fantastic attacking football :houllier: which in reality was a deep lying counter attack.

We miserably failed to control games when winning, which transcended into us losing. For me this is something that we will additionally see next season because it's always been apparent under Ole's tenure. The difference with our form in relation to the aspects above was that Pogba was clinical and single handedly got Solskjaer the permanent role.

We got played off the park against countless teams we should be dominiating Watford, Southampton, Everton, West ham, Wolves (home & away) those performances were an absolute disgrace.

We can give Ole 400 million over two seasons but what foundation is he providing us to improve upon ? going into next season we have no idea of a clear system, no idea of the philosophy, no idea of what Ole hopes to implement with this team. When Klopp came in Liverpool knew his vision when Pep came in City knew his vision, our questions should not be how much can Woodward muster us up to spend in a single season but rather when resources are provided what is Ole doing to make use of them.

It's taken 6 months and still no one has a clue, this is exactly the same reason why Mourinho was sacked there was no clear directive to anything we did. I honestly believe Ole is to us what Di Matteo was to Chelsea and that's someone to pass the time until a competent manager can come in and replicate success on field. They both had a short term level of success but both are below what's required for long term competitiveness and sustainability.

Status
Not open for further replies.