Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlahRules

I thought we would see some attacking interplay between the front 3 but all I see is OGS hoping for an individual brilliance of a penalty goal.

Amarsdd

I don't think I've seen a United manager loathed more than Ole in this forum. I think even Moyes got it easier than this.

SteveW

When the performances were good results were all that counted. When we struggle a bit but win performance is all that matters. Ole cant win with some people.

This was a great result considering the injuries.

lysglimt

Scout
And he deserves no credit for Leicester creating next to nothing - and when Leicester took over the game, he rotated and once again Leicester were basically harmless ?

Yagami

Good post resistant
The football is worryingly shite.

Without Pogba we can barely string a sequence of passes together.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Talks a big game about young players, but he started 3 old codgers who were probably our 3 worst players.

Would playing Gomes be any worse than Mata right now? Gomes won't get any better by not playing. He probably won't stay if he doesn't play either.

AshRK

It was clear he played for the 3 points today. I don't blame him. We should have beaten palace and Wolves so it all evens out
Also, it wasn't like Leicester created many chances.

the chameleon

Don’t see him as someone long term. Just doesn’t quite cut to be honest. I was one of the many overjoyed with him as caretaker. There are just too many things he gets wrong. He tries his best, offers a positive outlook and has a wafer thin squad.

But, if we’re going to compete on all fronts, we need start looking for better options to upgrade him. Maybe start building a list of similar but superior versions of ole (to avoid another turbulent overhaul).

killerboi2

Yep, that's fine with me. Any win is a good result with the way we have been playing recently. Hopefully Solskjaer can start building and combining the actual performances with wins. There have been times where we have played alright but still drew.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Great result considering what we had available. Leicester created nothing with a better side for all the hype Rodgers been getting on here.

Tarrou

ground out a result under difficult circumstances

people were demanding subs, he made them and we saw the game out quite comfortably

King Andow

Absolute joke that he insists with Matic and doesn't give a single minute to Gomes and very few to Greenwood while playing Pereira, Mata and Lingard all the time. I really hope the youngsters clean the floor with Astana and Rochdale, Fred too. But nobody would be surprised if they start on the bench.

Tarrou

Absolute joke that he insists with Matic, doesn't give a single minute to Gomes and very few to Greenwood while playing Pereira, Mata and Lingard all the time. I really hope the youngsters clean the floor with Astana and Rochdale, Fred too. But nobody would be surprised if they start on the bench.
This was his first start right? And he was subbed off.

NJM78

So do we praise Ole because we won but if we lose the next game it will not be his fault. Is this how this thread goes? Just curious.

DevilRed

The football is worryingly shite.

Without Pogba we can barely string a sequence of passes together.
Even with him we aren't that much better to be honest.

You just have to hope that we continue to improve and build up confidence. We seem to be very sloppy with passing, receiving and keeping the ball.

I really want to see players like Chong take on their defender more often and try to put in a dangerous ball. Tired of seeing our wingers/attackers stop and turn back to pass. Only Dan James seems to be capable of moving forwards.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Hater. You don't see difference between Jose's football and Ole's? Are you blind?
Don't care what anyone says but football is still utterly abysmal under him like it was under Jose.

Great result considering what we had available. Leicester created nothing with a better side for all the hype Rodgers been getting on here.
Mostly by posters like you who have been blowing smoke up Leicesters arse all International break and how they are so much better than us :lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Hater. You don't see difference between Jose's football and Ole's? Are you blind?

I don't see it also
Probably something to do with the fact that Ole is stuck using the same useless players that Jose and LVG before him purchased. Do you expect Ole, a significantly less experienced manager, to get more from those players than the infinitely more experienced Jose and LVG?

We're currently sitting 4th in the table. This time last season, Under Mourinho, we were midtable. There's your difference.

Leftback99

Don't care what anyone says but football is still utterly abysmal under him like it was under Jose.

Mostly by posters like you who have been blowing smoke up Leicesters arse all International break and how they are so much better than us :lol:
Care to quote a single post I've talked up Rodgers recently?

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Probably something to do with the fact that Ole is stuck using the same useless players that Jose and LVG before him purchased. Do you expect Ole, a significantly less experienced manager, to get more from those players than the infinitely more experienced Jose and LVG?

We're currently sitting 4th in the table. This time last season, Under Mourinho, we were midtable. There's your difference.
Yeah, Mourinho is fault that we play like shit 9 months after he took over. We created one chance against mighty Leicester at OT. Those excuses for Ole are really boring now.

NJM78

We were on 9 points after 5 games last season. 8 this season. Cant remember the league positions and not trying to be pedantic but I'm sure that was the case.

King Andow

This was his first start right? And he was subbed off.
Ole brought him on against Southampton when we needed a goal, he was shit and somehow earned a start, shit again today, Fred did more in 1 minute. Will continue to steal minutes from Garner.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I was surprised that he allowed Andreas to survive until the end of the game, I also thought the Tuanzebe sub should've come earlier cos Leicester were walking through us before that. However, all things considered, I don't think he could've done much more today. Our squad isn't great. I would have started Gomes. However, only those who see him in training would be able to say how he would've coped with the pressure to win today. Even though I thought the players with 'experience' were mostly garbage I can see what Ole was thinking starting them. I guess we just have to recycle the trash out of the club before we can expect so much more from it.

Dante

Average bang
You could reasonably argue that our 3 best players this season have been James, Maguire and AWB. Solskjaer deserves credit for that.

Ole's done a good job of steadying the ship. We were an easy opponent to play against last season. Now we're anything but.

The next step is to buy some creativity for the final third. With the likes of Martial, Rashford and James, I'm happy with our ability to finish chances. The problem is creating them.

Defence sorted. Attack full of potential. It's linking the two that still needs work. Only a couple more players needed, imo.

JustAGuest

Solid defensively, but poor going forward (although with the players missing it is partly understandable). Good result.

90 + 5min

It seems Ole can't win anything...

Play young - Why don't he play old players?
Play old - Why don't he play young players?
Win game - Why don't he win with 78-0?
Playing Fred - Why don't he play Messi and Ronaldo?
Saying this - Why don't he say that?
Saying that - Why don't he say this?

Haters gona hate.

Jackal

If Solskjaer spends 90% of the training practising penalties, we might avoid relegation.

croadyman

I am the first to say his game management is poor but it was much improved today,pleased to see Fred & Chong get good mins as well.

I know Chong, Fred & Tuanzebe will probably be nowhere near the bench at West Ham but still good they got a chance today.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Job done today with 3 points but I don't see any attacking football, just peak Mourinho ball. Negative from the start, only rely on counters, be unbelievably efficient to go a goal up, and then spend the rest of game creating little before hanging on for dear life to protect a narow lead.
I said this very shortly after he was appointed caretaker - the style of football is very similar to Mourinho's. I really do wonder what it's like to play attacking football.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Yeah, Mourinho is fault that we play like shit 9 months after he took over. We created one chance against mighty Leicester at OT. Those excuses for Ole are really boring now.
Ole's had one transfer window to make improvements to the squad. During which he has cleared out a tonne of deadwood and brought AWB, James and Maguire in - 3 of our best performers so far this season.

Assuming the 3 new signings continue to perform well and develop further, and there is no reason to believe otherwise, he would be our most successful manager in the transfer market post-Fergie. Does he not deserve credit for that?

Leftback99

Why do people expect the same attackers that have struggled to create goals for the last few years to suddenly produce great 'attacking football'?

That James (just out of the Championship) is our most dangerous player says it all about what we've got to work with.

Greck

Dont see what is being implemented. The style of play doesn't just come when an arbitrarily decided number of players are bought. Right now we get the ball and run to the other team's goal as fast as possible. No thought, no patterns, no approach being developed in its infancy stage. Tactically it's amateur stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.