Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshRK

I am not using them as an ideal. Its the excuses that Ole defenders are throwing up. More time, more windows.. It didn't take Sarri and Emery time in implementing a style and its not taking Lampard much time too. Ole did well initially but has changed it completely albeit for worse performances.
Can you please tell me what style Emery has implemented. Did you see their performance against Burnley abd Newcastle where they struggled to dominate the game. So suddenly Chelsea score 5 goals and Lampard has become a superior coach.

90 + 5min

I always back Ole but this kind of post is ridiculous

How many people said we need to play "old players"?
How many people said we need to win big? Most of them want a better-looking attack, and that's a fair request.
How many people said we need to play Messi or Ronaldo?

If our fan base are as bad as you said, why do you have to make stuff up?
I'm not making up any stuff. You got to see and understand beyond what I wrote. The point is that Solskjaer can't win because there will always be those who will criticize him whatever he does. There will always be those who will say opposite just because Solskjaer said something.

He is doing very well when you look what he has in the squad. To come here after win against good Leicester side with our injuries and behave like some do is unbilevable. It feels like some of you want us to loose.

alexanderplatz

This

Ole may or may not turn out to be good enough(I have criticised his in game managment)but in 9 months he's got shot of loads of deadwood plus his 3 signings have looked spot on so far.

He can't do it all in one go as he's got to rely on the glazers and Woodward and results on the pitch are not the top priority for them.

We are trying to play the right way and with some quality signings upfront we will be a different team.

Give it time.
You could give it time or alternatively rave about how a manager who has just arrived has FAILED to fix all the problems of the last six years in one preseason and transfer window

So many people seem to think it’s all about having a higher standard and a ‘commitment to excellence’ and everything will magically sort itself out. Way I see it, we all have two choices: demand the finished article straight away despite the club having literally zero planning or structure in place OR see how grasping the nettle and putting a framework in place works out. I’m in the latter camp and I’m just happy someone has tried to come up with a plan for once instead of seeing how it goes week to week

Kemizee

90% of our fanbase are fairweather fans who only experienced the Ferguson era. They think we have a divine right to win the PL and cant fathom a United that is not #1. The jury is still very much out on Ole, but demanding blood after FIVE fecking games considering our circumstances is pathetic.

Neville was in the Norwegian studio today and he spoke a lot of sense. We need at least 4 windows to make this squad competitive again. Guardiola needed that many windows to win the league and the squad he took over was 3x better than this one at least. From the players we fielded today only DDG, AWB and maybe Maguire would make it into a Ferguson team. The rest are not even bench quality.

Players like Wes Brown, O'Shea, Fletcher and Park could walk into this team and improve us immensely.

We are in a massive rebuild and wont compete for silverware in a while. Those are the facts
This is fair enough but I always wonder why we are the only top club that needs many years to even be competitive in the league.

The thing with City is that you knew for sure that they would get there in a short while. Their Chairman, their board and structure is geared towards challenging for the majors, being the best in the country and by extension Europe and they don't pay lip service to their ambitions of being the best.

What is our board's objectives? Can you with hand to your heart confirm that our board is committed to making this club what it should be? Are they even interested in what happens on the field? I really doubt they are and that is why numerous talks of rebuild is nothing in my eyes but academic promises.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Have you seen our squad? Do you think we spent it well before this summer?

Only 2 points behind City now after 5 games.
What about Chelseas squad? Scored 5 against a team we scored 1 against. Ultimately, its the managers job to build something functional and get the best out of a decent squad - which is what we have. We're more than capable of being better than what we displayed today - a little distasteful being the underdog against Leicester at home. Like the other thread stated, standards have dropped so far that thats the best we can hope for.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Can you please tell me what style Emery has implemented. Did you see their performance against Burnley abd Newcastle where they struggled to dominate the game. So suddenly Chelsea score 5 goals and Lampard has become a superior coach.
Never said he is a better coach, stop plucking things from thin air. Just said that they are having no problems creating chances even with Mount and Abraham being new to their side. Attacking wise they have been really good since the 4-0 thumping. Their defence is a shambles and it remains to be seen how Lampard handles that. We on the other hand have more possession but rarely test the keeper.

If people think we need to rely on penalties to beat Wolves, Palace and the inability to score against 10 men Soton is fine, then there's a problem.

redcafe_reader

I'm not making up any stuff. You got to see and understand beyond what I wrote. The point is that Solskjaer can't win because there will always be those who will criticize him whatever he does. There will always be those who will say opposite just because Solskjaer said something.

He is doing very well when you look what he has in the squad. To come here after win against good Leicester side with our injuries and behave like some do is unbilevable. It feels like some of you want us to loose.
Nobody is without criticizing. Even SAF got some criticism during his winning run. So if you are looking at the perspective of "he can't win because there will always be those who will critize him" he will never win and nobody ever wins.

You are making stuff up because I have yet to see in Redcafe, anyone wants to Ole to play old players or criticize him because we can't win big. If there are they are a minority.

I said again I support Ole 100% even when we lost, so I don't need your lecture about "he's doing very well when...." stuff and I certainly not belong to the "some of you want us to loose" group. It seems you just want to create a scenario that can paint you as a "better" fan. I don't know why but if you want that then good luck...

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
What about Chelseas squad? Scored 5 against a team we scored 1 against. Ultimately, its the managers job to build something functional and get the best out of a decent squad - which is what we have. We're more than capable of being better than what we displayed today - a little distasteful being the underdog against Leicester at home. Like the other thread stated, standards have dropped so far that thats the best we can hope for.
We scored 4 past Chelsea. Wolves were without Boly who played pretty much every minute last 2 seasons, looks like it showed. Anyway isn't the Wolves manager supposedly one of these that's far better than Ole?

Yagami

Good post resistant
We basically play a high press for 20 minutes and then when we’re knackered we sit deep and counter. In fairness it has led to us controlling most games we’ve played so far with only individual errors costing us.
I find this so strange because not only did Ole make players working on their fitness a priority, we played a high press in every game during preseason and it looked like we were getting used to it.

The only game so far I've seen us attempt a high press like in preseason with full commitment was against Wolves and I thought we did brilliantly at it for the 1st half at least.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
We were never the underdog against Leicester, that's crazy talk.

joso157

Anyone who wants Ole gone is a moron. The guy would give his left nut for the club, and that means every decision he makes, he has the best interest of this club at heart. Might not always be the right one but that's called a learning curve, and it doesn't happen overnight. He's got the right guys on the coaching team to sort things out. You can pay someone all the money in the world, and they can be as talented as you like, doesn't mean they'll give you everything they've got, they need to actually care. Sanchez Is a prime example of that. On the flip side, look at Dan James, he will give 110% every game without fail, he's probably on small percentage of what Sanchez is, not as talented, but I would take him any day of the week. Same goes for maguire and wan-bissaka. I'd happily give Ole 3 years to try and fix the shambles that he inherited. In which time, shock horror, we yo-yo in and out of the top 4 like we have done for the past 6-7 years, but we might actually see something by the end of it.

The 3 players he has bought have arguably been our best players thus far, so he clearly knows the right characters he wants, and more importantly the type of characters that can actually succeed here, which is why we pulled out of pushing for dybala and Erikson, as they had visions of being elsewhere. Give me one window since fergie went where every player signed has been a hit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Niall

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Game after game we have the same questions by some posters and same answers by other.
Yes, we won today and 3 points are great. Yes other teams in league also lose points but main question is still there; where is progress in our game? We play like shit or to say better, we don't play even decent football. It is not just this game. Excuses are that we were without 4,5 players. Ok, but it is every fecking game the same. Away, home, with best 11, with B team....we play like shit. Our attacking game is non-existent. After 9 months in charge, pre-season and transfer window. We sit back and wait for counter. We don't create chances, we don't even have possession.
We stayed back nearly all game against Leicester at OT. And some of you describe it as success because Leicester didn't create chances. No, problem is that we didn't create chances. In whole game we had one chance. One!

And please just please stop defending Ole with "we have shit team". No, we don't. We don't have top quality team but we have very good team which is better than most of teams in this league. So it is not good sign where your manager after 9 months have plan ; sit back and wait. Manager's job is to make team better and we look worse than we looked under Mourinho last year.

Cathy Ferguson

3 points vs a Top7 side with FOUR Starting XI players injured.

Give the man a break ffs.
Agreed, it is just silly to moan after 3 points and a clean sheet considering the circumstances. But it will be a long season for Ole considering our lack of quality and squad depth.

Last edited:

ArjenIsM3

Game after game we have the same questions by some posters and same answers by other.
Yes, we won today and 3 points are great. Yes other teams in league also lose points but main question is still there; where is progress in our game? We play like shit or to say better, we don't play even decent football. It is not just this game. Excuses are that we were without 4,5 players. Ok, but it is every fecking game the same. Away, home, with best 11, with B team....we play like shit. Our attacking game is non-existent. After 9 months in charge, pre-season and transfer window. We sit back and wait for counter. We don't create chances, we don't even have possession.
We stayed back nearly all game against Leicester at OT. And some of you describe it as success because Leicester didn't create chances. No, problem is that we didn't create chances. In whole game we had one chance. One!

And please just please stop defending Ole with "we have shit team". No, we don't. We don't have top quality team but we have very good team which is better than most of teams in this league. So it is not good sign where your manager after 9 months have plan ; sit back and wait. Manager's job is to make team better and we look worse than we looked under Mourinho last year.
We don't look worse at all. All the games we lost we did create the chances but we missed them and we had the majority of possession. There's also a lot of examples of us trying to press high this game and the ones before. Not all the time obviously because we lack the quality to do it well so it takes up more energy than it should but we try. This was the first game we had less possession. So if anything this game was very different from the ones before. And consider this. A lot on here want or wanted us to go in for the likes of Tielemans, Ndidi and Maddison. They're quality players and that's the level of opposition we were up against. And due to injuries we had to play either Matic, Mata and Pereira or play kids who hadn't even started 1 game in the PL yet. Is it so strange we had less possession? No it's not but you just really want to bash Ole.

lysglimt

Scout
Those who are claiming Ole needs more time, did Lampard need more time to implement the attacking patterns? He also had a transfer ban!
And what mood would you be in if he had 11 goals against in 5 matches ? You would be whining a lot more - just for different reasons

lysglimt

Scout
After five PL games:

Greenwood: 47min
Chong: 20min
Gomes: 0min
Garner: 0min

Even accepting that young players need time to bed in and someone like Garner was never likely to feature much if at all, it's still more conservative than I was expecting.
Rashford 21, James 21, AWB 21, McTominay 22, Martial 23, Lindelöf 25, Maguire 26, Perreira 23 - we have the youngest team in the League. They will get their chances in the Europa League and in the League Cup. Yes we could have dropped Young, Mata and Matic and played with a team with an average age of 22 or something like that, but I am not sure we would have won if we did

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Rashford 21, James 21, AWB 21, McTominay 22, Martial 23, Lindelöf 25, Maguire 26, Perreira 23 - we have the youngest team in the League. They will get their chances in the Europa League and in the League Cup. Yes we could have dropped Young, Mata and Matic and played with a team with an average age of 22 or something like that, but I am not sure we would have won if we did
If we dropped Matic, chances of winning would increase

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
And what mood would you be in if he had 11 goals against in 5 matches ? You would be whining a lot more - just for different reasons
Was talking about attacking patterns. Read the post properly. That team has scored 13 in 6 games compared to 8 in 5 for us.

The United

I find this so strange because not only did Ole make players working on their fitness a priority, we played a high press in every game during preseason and it looked like we were getting used to it.

The only game so far I've seen us attempt a high press like in preseason with full commitment was against Wolves and I thought we did brilliantly at it for the 1st half at least.
Because pressing takes time.

Not even the city or pool took awhile to get it right. I am not here to say we will be as good as them in time as I don't know if Ole wants us to be like them.

bleedred

Those who are claiming Ole needs more time, did Lampard need more time to implement the attacking patterns? He also had a transfer ban!
Again, you can criticize ole all you want, but comparing to lampard is absolutely knee jerk because of the one good result they have had.

The same was said of Rodgers by posters on here, how he had improved their play within months and yet they served up shite today.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
After five PL games:

Greenwood: 47min
Chong: 20min
Gomes: 0min
Garner: 0min

Even accepting that young players need time to bed in and someone like Garner was never likely to feature much if at all, it's still more conservative than I was expecting.
It's posts like these that I'll never get. We are giving youth enough chances now.

People always bring up Chelsea's case of how he's giving Tammy Abraham and Mount a chance and all whereas Gomes and Greenwood are warming our bench.
1. Tammy is 21, Mount is 20, not 17! If you want to compare him to any of our players, it would be Rashford.
2. Our average age and Chelsea's average age in all the games has been similar. At full strength, ours would be slightly younger
3. We play more 23 and younger players than Chelsea who play just the 4 (Pulisic, Tammy and Mount Timori - who may not be a starter)

Also, before people sing praises of how LVG would bring youngsters in, only 3 of his starting XIs in PL were younger than our side in the first 3 games of the season (1 in his 1st season and 2 in his second season) https://www.transfermarkt.com/manchester-united/durchschnittsalter/verein/985/plus/0?reldata=GB1&

So, I'm not sure how much more are people expecting here

Un4givableB

Emery a better manager than OGS will ever be, Lampard already a better coach, if Chelsea & Utd fired managers their today, Lampard would be in a Premiership or Championship job within 6 months, OGS would be in the football wastelands
we found him in.

lysglimt

Scout
Emery a better manager than OGS will ever be, Lampard already a better coach, if Chelsea & Utd fired managers their today, Lampard would be in a Premiership or Championship job within 6 months, OGS would be in the football wastelands
we found him in.
Because Lampard has done what ?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Anyone who wants Ole gone is a moron. The guy would give his left nut for the club, and that means every decision he makes, he has the best interest of this club at heart. Might not always be the right one but that's called a learning curve, and it doesn't happen overnight. He's got the right guys on the coaching team to sort things out. You can pay someone all the money in the world, and they can be as talented as you like, doesn't mean they'll give you everything they've got, they need to actually care. Sanchez Is a prime example of that. On the flip side, look at Dan James, he will give 110% every game without fail, he's probably on small percentage of what Sanchez is, not as talented, but I would take him any day of the week. Same goes for maguire and wan-bissaka. I'd happily give Ole 3 years to try and fix the shambles that he inherited. In which time, shock horror, we yo-yo in and out of the top 4 like we have done for the past 6-7 years, but we might actually see something by the end of it.

The 3 players he has bought have arguably been our best players thus far, so he clearly knows the right characters he wants, and more importantly the type of characters that can actually succeed here, which is why we pulled out of pushing for dybala and Erikson, as they had visions of being elsewhere. Give me one window since fergie went where every player signed has been a hit.
I’d give my left but for the club/team too. Does that mean that I should be given the managerial job?

If you’re not good enough you’re not good enough.

Solskjær is a legendary player for us, but that doesn’t automatically make him the right man to oversee the biggest rebuild in our modern history.

A great player but a bang average manager.

John Blund

I guess people would have Solskjaers head on a plate no matter what he does.

We've had 2 proven managers in PL, and LVG is as far as I concern a top tier manager. They all failed. Now we're finally rebuilding. I'm shocked people act like we were ever in a position to WIN the PL this season. I'm happy with a top 4 this season. Then we'll see at the end of this season how much further we need to improve to close the gap to Lpool and citeh.
I was a bit disappointed that we didn't manage to get Dybala with all the rumors. Madzukic would also be a decent signing. James, AWB, and Maguire has been brilliant, but there's no doubt we need another midfielder. I don't see Andreas as good enough. And Mata/Matic shouldn't even reach the bench next season unless Giggsy shows them his fountain of youth (no phun indented)...

rotherham_red

It's posts like these that I'll never get. We are giving youth enough chances now.

People always bring up Chelsea's case of how he's giving Tammy Abraham and Mount a chance and all whereas Gomes and Greenwood are warming our bench.
1. Tammy is 21, Mount is 20, not 17! If you want to compare him to any of our players, it would be Rashford.
2. Our average age and Chelsea's average age in all the games has been similar. At full strength, ours would be slightly younger
3. We play more 23 and younger players than Chelsea who play just the 4 (Pulisic, Tammy and Mount Timori - who may not be a starter)

Also, before people sing praises of how LVG would bring youngsters in, only 3 of his starting XIs in PL were younger than our side in the first 3 games of the season (1 in his 1st season and 2 in his second season) https://www.transfermarkt.com/manchester-united/durchschnittsalter/verein/985/plus/0?reldata=GB1&

So, I'm not sure how much more are people expecting here
These people have an agenda mate, it's been obvious for months. No amount of objective data or subjective observations to the contrary will change their minds.

They'd rather be right in an argument than have their team win. Pretty sad and pathetic tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.