Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

I guess people would have Solskjaers head on a plate no matter what he does.

We've had 2 proven managers in PL, and LVG is as far as I concern a top tier manager. They all failed. Now we're finally rebuilding. I'm shocked people act like we were ever in a position to WIN the PL this season. I'm happy with a top 4 this season. Then we'll see at the end of this season how much further we need to improve to close the gap to Lpool and citeh.
I was a bit disappointed that we didn't manage to get Dybala with all the rumors. Madzukic would also be a decent signing. James, AWB, and Maguire has been brilliant, but there's no doubt we need another midfielder. I don't see Andreas as good enough. And Mata/Matic shouldn't even reach the bench next season unless Giggsy shows them his fountain of youth (no phun indented)...
Louis Van Gaal hadn't been chased by a big club in years. He was managing a smaller team then Holland. These are guys at the end of their days. Like hiring Capello. Jose too has failed to land a big job since his departure. Face it, they were 2 of yesterday's men and there are a new breed of top managers. We went for them out of desperation. Jose was never a fit and off the back of near relegation with Chelsea. Louis was on his way to Spurs but no big jobs were offered to him at the time.

passing-wind

They drew 2-2 at home against a newly promoted side last week at home.

We tonked them 4-0 in the opener.

FFS. Get some perspective.
What perspective the one where we have won 4 in 15 or where Lampard has implemented a good foundation to win games which should show throughout the rest of the season. Anyone who thinks that Solskjaer is a better coach and manager than Lampard is deluded. Ole has achieved nothing. The only aspect we as fans have for Ole In support of him is hope.

Stacks

What perspective the one where we have won 4 in 15 or where Lampard has implemented a good foundation to win games which should show throughout the rest of the season. Anyone who thinks that Solskjaer is a better coach and manager than Lampard is deluded. Ole has achieved nothing.
Lampard has achieved even less....

passing-wind

Lampard has achieved even less....
Ole has failed in the premiership and the championship, people forget he was fired during his time AFTER demotion in Cardiff. As it stands in terms of competitiveness Lampard has achieved more by almost getting Derby promoted.

Lampard certainly has more of a ceiling to achieve more managerially, the only stumbling block is if Abramovich gives him the time. Some of you are seriously overrating Solskjaer.

rotherham_red

What perspective the one where we have won 4 in 15 or where Lampard has implemented a good foundation to win games which should show throughout the rest of the season. Anyone who thinks that Solskjaer is a better coach and manager than Lampard is deluded. Ole has achieved nothing. The only aspect we as fans have for Ole In support of him is hope.
I suppose we just imagined that 4-0 win over them, or their embarrassing draw to Sheffield United a couple of weeks ago...

passing-wind

I suppose we just imagined that 4-0 win over them, or their embarrassing draw to Sheffield United a couple of weeks ago...
What about all of our embarrassing defeats at the tail end of last season. How about our embarrassing defeat to palace who have scored all but 2 goals all season and a relegation side.

The 4-0 victory we had over Chelsea is everyone's defence but no one takes responsibility to see that the balance of the game doesn't reflect the scores. Chelsea hit the post twice in the first half and got undone by mistakes. If fans want to glorify penalties as to the reason why we aren't top of the league than you have to also balance the scales to realise we should have been 2-0 down at half time during that fixture.

Lampard is a better coach / manager than Solskjaer given their accomplishments. Solskjaer beat Poch last season at Wembley I guess he's an inferior coach too.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Ole has failed in the premiership and the championship, people forget he was fired during his time AFTER demotion in Cardiff. As it stands in terms of competitiveness Lampard has achieved more by almost getting Derby promoted.

Lampard certainly has more of a ceiling to achieve more managerially, the only stumbling block is if Abramovich gives him the time. Some of you are seriously overrating Solskjaer.
And you're seriously overrating Lampard

Fletchageddon

Our embarrassing defeats and our performances this year and last have been down to players who don’t want to or can’t play the way Ole wants to.

Our team was so much better once Matic and Mata came off today. Once Ole has the players he wants in place, we’ll see some success.

JMack1234

I choose to believe that this is a start of a long process and that we have to back Ole to see it through.

I know it's blind faith but it is all I have at the moment.

passing-wind

And you're seriously overrating Lampard
How by saying he has a higher ceiling to achieve more than Solskjaer ? I don't see how this is as deluded as the backing of a manager who's got a club demoted from the prem and then got sacked the following year in the second division. Who's only accomplishment is winning a championship in a ridiculously inferior league. People need to seperate Ole's career as a player compared to his CV and credentials as a manager.

As I've said the only thing we are supporting at United at the moment is hope, there's no philosophy, no directives to indicate significant improvement each season. The only world where Solskjaer becomes as success is either by ridiculous ridiculous financial backing or by becoming tactically astute overnight to outdo almost 75% of managers in the league.

How by saying he has a higher ceiling to achieve more than Solskjaer ? I don't see how this is as deluded as the backing of a manager who's got a club demoted from the prem and then got sacked the following year in the second division. Who's only accomplishment is winning a championship in a ridiculously inferior league. People need to seperate Ole's career as a player compared to his CV and credentials as a manager.

As I've said the only thing we are supporting at United at the moment is hope, there's no philosophy, no directives to indicate significant improvement each season. The only world where Solskjaer becomes as success is either by ridiculous ridiculous financial backing or by becoming tactically astute overnight to outdo almost 75% of managers in the league.
Oh my life, I didn’t realise managers had ceilings as well.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Because Lampard has done what ?
Lampard has flaws and i don't know will he become top manager but he is clearly for me much more talented than Ole. In only two months he implemented solid attacking game pattern in Chelsea. And hardest thing to do in that job is attacking play.

Acquire Me

Lampard has flaws and i don't know will he become top manager but he is clearly for me much more talented than Ole. In only two months he implemented solid attacking game pattern in Chelsea. And hardest thing to do in that job is attacking play.
This made me chuckle ;)

Tyrion

I guess people would have Solskjaers head on a plate no matter what he does.

We've had 2 proven managers in PL, and LVG is as far as I concern a top tier manager. They all failed. Now we're finally rebuilding. I'm shocked people act like we were ever in a position to WIN the PL this season. I'm happy with a top 4 this season. Then we'll see at the end of this season how much further we need to improve to close the gap to Lpool and citeh.
I was a bit disappointed that we didn't manage to get Dybala with all the rumors. Madzukic would also be a decent signing. James, AWB, and Maguire has been brilliant, but there's no doubt we need another midfielder. I don't see Andreas as good enough. And Mata/Matic shouldn't even reach the bench next season unless Giggsy shows them his fountain of youth (no phun indented)...
I disagree that LVG was top tier. Bayern hired him from the Dutch league before but he was sacked and then had to move into international management. Guardiola, Klopp, Pochetino, Simeone and Allegri are all above international management. Mourinho was a shadow of his former self and Moyes was never good enough.

Tyrion

I choose to believe that this is a start of a long process and that we have to back Ole to see it through.

I know it's blind faith but it is all I have at the moment.
It is the start of a long process but I don't see why we couldn't replace OGS if a better manager became available (Poch, Allegri).

Stacks

Bro I am not overeating Ole at all. I know what he is. I am just not sold that Lampard has done much more in management

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

A higher ceiling based on what? Your opinion? Oh ok great one, all bow down :houllier:

Oh and your assessment of Solskjaer at Cardiff is bollocks by the way

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
There are people who watch football and understand the intricacies of man management, tactics etc... and then there are people who occupy some region between total no-nothingness and the bullshit club 'legend' sentimentality worship. The fact is, OGS, on pure managerial ability, isn't a PL manager. And the fact that people defend his permanent appointment just shows how a club with a huge supporter base does attract some poor mob thinking.

I have enough of a sample size to evaluate OGS's decision making process (before and during games) to see that intuitively he's not anywhere near the level necessary for a team that wants to remotely competitive for a league title.

Greenwood (after talking him up and up) should have been brought on immediately (if he's not going to start) after SOU went down to 10 men (this after giving him 1 min vs Wolves). If you're this thin after offloading players then you should have the balls to commit like Lampard and actually start Gomes over Mata. The whole handling of Rashford is just laughable. What's he improved on? Playing Pogba in a deep position is just to cover up the complete lack of on the ball quality MFs. Sitting Lingard only for him to be the first sub?? And if you're going to use that 'Ole needs time'...time for what? Poch and a number of transfer windows with little to no in-comings.

And you want to be a high pressing team that counter-attacks? No, you should want to possess the ball if you're employing a high press. Wrong man but he's probably 1/3 of the problem at the club.
This post is amazing.

It basically says “I’ve played FM and watch a La Liga match a week and therefore think I know loads about football” in more words and I love it.

“I know loads about football intricacies, we need more teenagers”

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
What the hell is going on. Are you actually a United fan?

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
It’s genuinely true though. It’s absolutely mental. I’ve just stopped visiting the United version of the forum because there’s so many absolute mentalists on here.
It's not even remotely close to being true. It's one of the most laughable posts I've seen on here. He gets nowhere close to the level of vitriol that Moyes or even LVG got.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It’s genuinely true though. It’s absolutely mental. I’ve just stopped visiting the United version of the forum because there’s so many absolute mentalists on here.
They've made their minds up and are desperate to be proved right. It's like they wanted to lose yesterday.

Mainoldo

A higher ceiling based on what? Your opinion? Oh ok great one, all bow down :houllier:

Oh and your assessment of Solskjaer at Cardiff is bollocks by the way
Are you a Cardiff fan? The Cardiff fans I know said he was terrible.. you going to comeback with the owners excuse?

Wolff

Game after game we have the same questions by some posters and same answers by other.
Yes, we won today and 3 points are great. Yes other teams in league also lose points but main question is still there; where is progress in our game? We play like shit or to say better, we don't play even decent football. It is not just this game. Excuses are that we were without 4,5 players. Ok, but it is every fecking game the same. Away, home, with best 11, with B team....we play like shit. Our attacking game is non-existent. After 9 months in charge, pre-season and transfer window. We sit back and wait for counter. We don't create chances, we don't even have possession.
We stayed back nearly all game against Leicester at OT. And some of you describe it as success because Leicester didn't create chances. No, problem is that we didn't create chances. In whole game we had one chance. One!

And please just please stop defending Ole with "we have shit team". No, we don't. We don't have top quality team but we have very good team which is better than most of teams in this league. So it is not good sign where your manager after 9 months have plan ; sit back and wait. Manager's job is to make team better and we look worse than we looked under Mourinho last year.
Sit back and wait? What game did you watch? Actually, i think the Leicester squad looked better on paper. Very good unit pressing totally nullified them time and time again. Not very good going forward, i can agree with that. Missing players and having a thin squad is not an excuse, it’s reality. And if you think Mata and Matic was showing part of being in a good team yesterday, we simply have to agree to disagree. Well played by the manager.

lysglimt

Scout
Clearly - I bow to Your argumentation. Even if he did a mediocre job at Derby. He must be a better manager than OGS because they scored 5 goals against Wolves.

lysglimt

Scout
Are you a Cardiff fan? The Cardiff fans I know said he was terrible.. you going to comeback with the owners excuse?
And Craig Bellamy who probably knows Cardiff better than most said something like: He didn't do a very good job, but no one could have done a good job at that time in Cardiff

lysglimt

Scout
It's not even remotely close to being true. It's one of the most laughable posts I've seen on here. He gets nowhere close to the level of vitriol that Moyes or even LVG got.
What I don't understand is why he is even mentioned in the same sentence as those 2. They basically drove the club straight towards the brink - at Worst you can accuse OGS of not taking us too far in the right direction. But one has to be a Complete idiot to claim that we aren't in a much better posititon than we were when he took charge.

Tarrou

I'm not a Cardiff fan, but I grew up there and know a lot of Cardiff fans and I follow the team. That job was a poisoned chalice, the owner was off his nut and the club was already in free-fall.

Taking that job was a horrendous decision from Ole, but I understand why he took it.

He didn't do a good job. But the circumstances surrounding it are mitigating enough to not draw major conclusions from it. If anything, in terms of the manager Ole is now it is probably a net positive because he would've learned a lot from that failure.

90 + 5min

Nobody is without criticizing. Even SAF got some criticism during his winning run. So if you are looking at the perspective of "he can't win because there will always be those who will critize him" he will never win and nobody ever wins.

You are making stuff up because I have yet to see in Redcafe, anyone wants to Ole to play old players or criticize him because we can't win big. If there are they are a minority.

I said again I support Ole 100% even when we lost, so I don't need your lecture about "he's doing very well when...." stuff and I certainly not belong to the "some of you want us to loose" group. It seems you just want to create a scenario that can paint you as a "better" fan. I don't know why but if you want that then good luck...
Your are still missing the point. And no I don't see me as a better fan. Why should I? Every fan have right to opinion but some of guys in here are unbelievable and are thinking football as easy as Football Manager and that Ole should do lot better. And it seems as it has gone so long now that it has become a personal thing against Solskjaer and not football related. For some.

What about Chelseas squad? Scored 5 against a team we scored 1 against. Ultimately, its the managers job to build something functional and get the best out of a decent squad - which is what we have. We're more than capable of being better than what we displayed today - a little distasteful being the underdog against Leicester at home. Like the other thread stated, standards have dropped so far that thats the best we can hope for.
It's is managers job to bulid. You are right. But is that not what Solskjaer is buliding? With the players he got? I don't agree that we were underdogs. I can go as long that with our injuries we were kind of equal but no underdog. We should remember that we gave Leicester first defeat this year. They are not some pub team. They got lots of good players. Really good players. And they didn't manage to scare us more then on 2-3 occasion.

We finally coming to realisation this guy is another rubbish manager.
Based on what? A win against a team that hasn't lost all season and team that have lots of players people wanted in pre season?

Emery a better manager than OGS will ever be, Lampard already a better coach, if Chelsea & Utd fired managers their today, Lampard would be in a Premiership or Championship job within 6 months, OGS would be in the football wastelands
we found him in.
Emery is good manager. Lampard is good manager. Solskjaer is good manager Are they great? Time will tell. I can understand why some think Emery is better. He has worked in big teams before and won medals. I have no problem with that. But Lampard? Serious? As I said, he is a good manager but to put him above Solskjaer right now? What has he done that you can say that?

Sit back and wait? What game did you watch? Actually, i think the Leicester squad looked better on paper. Very good unit pressing totally nullified them time and time again. Not very good going forward, i can agree with that. Missing players and having a thin squad is not an excuse, it’s reality. And if you think Mata and Matic was showing part of being in a good team yesterday, we simply have to agree to disagree. Well played by the manager.
Very good post.

Bestietom

Ole WILL make a good team of us, but it will take a few windows. We might see the benefit next season with a few more players brought in. I'm very happy with the 3 we brought in this summer, but annoyed that we didn't add a midfielder and a forward. Hope we can do this in January, but we need to stay in touch of top 4 until then.

JustAGuest

What exactly has he implemented that wasn't there already last season with Sarri?

Judas

Open to offers
The flip flopping is ridiculous on here, not surprised to see more Ole support after yesterday, but its hard to take many opinions seriously when they can be changed just so easily.

RooneyLegend

He's taking us nowhere, again Woody will take his sweet time to make the call when its as obvious as daylight that, this man is taking us nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.