Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skills

Snitch
Indeed.

Ole (or any other MUFC manager) would need at least 5 years to get us playing expansive football.
And then there is the league table. Surely a new manager can't come in and have a team in the top 3, within 12 months?
Our manager needs at least 3 years to achieve that and needs to buy the most expensive defender in the World....to achieve 14th place.
And let's not forget the Chelsea had a transfer ban...they're in 4th.

Our standards are now so low, that fans are quite happy to put up with 14th place.
I mean, WTF - 14th place and fans are accepting that this is the way forward!!!
Just thinking of this gets me angry.

14th fecking place.
Fecking relegation battle.

Our next game is against Norwich and I think this is a 6 pointer.
The clubs standards are set by the fans. The culprits for the club dropping it's standards are the clubs fans themselves, and their fetish for the managers seat.

Mainoldo

Didn't Sir Alex actively protest against twitter during his time? He also threatened bans from his own players. Not exactly endorsing the club as a social media whore there.

Weren't we also notoriously late to get a revamp on our app? Our own YouTube channel came way later than others too. Doesn't really smell of being a media whore during his time. To me it all came about when Woodward became more prominent.
Eric Cantona, David Beckham, CR7, Wayne Rooney. We had a guy that produced ‘BRAP’ tv. The media existed before twitter and YouTube. The fact that the club was late to it but we still generated more traffic than any other club speaks volumes.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I mean, some thread are pretty crap or whatever. But wishing death on someone is totally different territory.
Yeah, it’s a shit thing to do and deserves ban. Maybe people confuse caf with twitter.

Also my post was to other guy, instead of laughing/moaning they can do their bit by reporting posts.

Robbie Boy

Yeah, it’s a shit thing to do and deserves ban. Maybe people confuse caf with twitter.

Also my post was to other guy, instead of laughing/moaning they can do their bit by reporting posts.
Oh yeah I get that but he was actively defending the post wishing death. All because the two were in agreement on Ole. Some people just have to take things way too far, I guess.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Oh yeah I get that but he was actively defending the post wishing death. All because the two were in agreement on Ole. Some people just have to take things way too far, I guess.
fecking hell, didn’t know that. People want someone to die just because results are poor? Wonder how they handle their daily activities. Hope they don’t have guns at home, might kill gf/wife for smallest of things

M16Red

We’ve been a media whore since George Best. It’s part of the ‘United Way’ just embrace it. If you come to United your ‘star’ blows up. You personally probably aren’t bossy so don’t like it. But not it doesn’t affect anything. Henderson does his little Nivea adverts I’m sure I seen Salah or Mane on it too. Means nothing.

If we cared more about trying to win titles instead of players social lives maybe our personal standards right now wouldn’t be so low.
I don't even have Facebook or any type of social media is all pointless.. waste. of. time.

Titles are so far off its unreal, I just want good football and we can all see how bad it is. But still it's been bad for a long time...

I do believe that one player can change a whole team - it's just we dont have that player.

Mainoldo

I don't even have Facebook or any type of social media is all pointless.. waste. of. time.

Titles are so far off its unreal, I just want good football and we can all see how bad it is. But still it's been bad for a long time...

I do believe that one player can change a whole team - it's just we dont have that player.
I agree one player can. But that players is not going to to it under this coach. We need to get that right first. The base is there.

M16Red

I agree one player can. But that players is not going to to it under this coach. We need to get that right first. The base is there.
Who built this base? Ole? By getting rid of players and shoring up the defence.. now we're left with the Moyes and Jose players to get rid of eg: Fred, Mata, Rojo..

Just saying they are all players purchased by other managers and we've know for a long time they are not good enough.. Mata was when he first came, but now he's not.

Robbie Boy

I can understand Ole acolytes to an extent but Mourinho acolytes!!!
The Mourinho acolytes were an utterly mental breed. I agree that it’s more understandable that Ole has them but unfortunately they’re equally as clueless and are using the exact same baseless arguments.

Alabaster Codify7

This is just one of many.
The man is a master at what he does, I have gone beyond being pissed off with Ed Woodward because if he wasn't being enabled, he wouldn't be able to get away with it. The fanbase is enabling him, sadly. Don't have the player, hate the game, and all that.

Alabaster Codify7

This is just one of many.

WOOOOOOAH now. Am a I reading this correctly, are you holding my post up as an example of someone calling Ole a cnut?

Because if so you have completely misread it, that final line is me 'talking to Woodward' as is the entire post, about Ed Woodward's ridiculously good level of manipulation of the United fanbase. I'm congratulating him for being a massive cnut and getting away with it.

If you didn't misread it, and it was just an example of someone you think is a twat, then fair enough.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
You sound so defeatist. Ronaldinho was a party animal hence the reason why he’s reign at the top didn’t last as long as it should. Remember Pep removed him. Neymar’s performance levels haven’t dropped he’s just playing in a B league. Why do you care about ‘twats’ do you think when we was successful we was a ‘twat’ free squad. Have you listened to Roy Keane? Peter Schmeichel? The culture is about bringing in players that want to be successful. Either way why are they going to stay if we aren’t what they optimise.. I.e. success. It’s all stupid.

British core is just a waste of finances and quite frankly we’ve wasted enough money as it is. The reason we only got 3 players is because we blew the bag on 2 inflated British players and yet I don’t see us going forward. So what was the point.
Are you seriously comparing Neymar to Roy Keane? Granted that Keane was an animal and maybe a bit insane, but fecking hell. I would give a toe to have prime Roy Keane as our captain today.

And yes we do need to be patient and smart with who we bring in. Did you forget about Jose?

Foxbatt

The difference between a good manager and a crap manager. Rodgers took over this year. Ole took over midway through last season.
One is in a relegation battle. The other is fighting for CL spot and scoring goals for fun.
The team Ole took over was 2nd in the PL. I am sure Leicester was not even in the EL spots.
One decimated the squad.
Most of the fans rightly hoped that Ole can turn things around. Unfortunately it has not happened and will not happen.
Now Ole is like a used car salesman. Talking all the right stuff but unable to deliver.
Some people talk about getting players who are not going to leave. Be realistic. These are professional and they are going to do what's best for them.
It's time the fans accept that Ole is not the man to lead United and certainly there are plenty of managers even in the PL who are much better than him.
It's time he got the sack.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Eric Cantona, David Beckham, CR7, Wayne Rooney. We had a guy that produced ‘BRAP’ tv. The media existed before twitter and YouTube. The fact that the club was late to it but we still generated more traffic than any other club speaks volumes.
They were always kept in line and if they were too distracted they were sold like Beckham. You're lying to yourself if you think our media hype was the same today as under Ferguson.

dev1l

Are you seriously comparing Neymar to Roy Keane? Granted that Keane was an animal and maybe a bit insane, but fecking hell. I would give a toe to have prime Roy Keane as our captain today.

And yes we do need to be patient and smart with who we bring in. Did you forget about Jose?
Exactly... Keane is the type of player we need.. Not a Neymar..who Imo represents all what s wrong with football. A primadonna that spends more time on the floor than on his feet.
Mind you. I cannot imagine Keane and Neymar in the same time. That would be fun :)

AneRu

How many managers should we go through before it sinks in that there has to be responsibility from the players? Do they have to have their hands held putting the ball in the net?

No one is going to convince me that Ole and Phelan train the players to not hold onto a lead/not finish chances/not being able to pass the ball 5 yards/throwing the ball to an opponent directly from our throw in that results in a goal against us etc. It doesn’t add up. There has to be a line drawn.

Whoever also thought it was a good idea to only give him 3 players needs to feck off as well.
We have offloaded more players than we have sacked managers tbf, we can't say players haven't paid for underperformance when the likes of Rio were sacked in the dressing room without an opportunity to say a proper goodbye to the fans who had adored him for ten years or when we have basically told Sanchez that we would rather pay him to play for another side. Every manager has come and was allowed to perform a clear out.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The change in his demeanour is mental. He used to be a breath of fresh air, going on about how we should be steamrolling teams 5-0 because we’re Man Utd, yet now he’s gone full Moyes.

I guess it was easier to come out with that stuff as a caretaker. It reflected badly on José when he said that before, now it would reflect badly on him.

Mainoldo

Who built this base? Ole? By getting rid of players and shoring up the defence.. now we're left with the Moyes and Jose players to get rid of eg: Fred, Mata, Rojo..

Just saying they are all players purchased by other managers and we've know for a long time they are not good enough.. Mata was when he first came, but now he's not.
I’m not giving him credit for selling players that wanted to leave. We had a good base under Mourinho. We’ve had a base for a while. Just no-one has been able to build on it. 4 years no bloody right winger.

Mainoldo

Is a criminal a criminal? I don’t know what you’re trying to explain. How you like you’re twits is up to you. But doesn’t mean they are who they are. Neymar carried a whole country Keane left his because of flat footballs.

Mainoldo

They were always kept in line and if they were too distracted they were sold like Beckham. You're lying to yourself if you think our media hype was the same today as under Ferguson.
Well I can shout Alexa and someone talks back to me so I’m quite aware the world has changed. Are you?

imamuppet

As I cant embed images (you got to be kidding me, newbie system my rse)

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/for-those-who-undertand-team-sports.451448/

For those who know the basics about any team sports you will fully understand the reason for what ive posted and its importance in the grand scheme of things i.e. to be able to play coherently with an understanding of how one interacts with other team members.

All others, stick to 'Championship Manager' .............

AneRu

The difference between a good manager and a crap manager. Rodgers took over this year. Ole took over midway through last season.
One is in a relegation battle. The other is fighting for CL spot and scoring goals for fun.
The team Ole took over was 2nd in the PL. I am sure Leicester was not even in the EL spots.
One decimated the squad.
Most of the fans rightly hoped that Ole can turn things around. Unfortunately it has not happened and will not happen.
Now Ole is like a used car salesman. Talking all the right stuff but unable to deliver.
Some people talk about getting players who are not going to leave. Be realistic. These are professional and they are going to do what's best for them.
It's time the fans accept that Ole is not the man to lead United and certainly there are plenty of managers even in the PL who are much better than him.
It's time he got the sack.
Rodgers and Lampard will do to Ole what Martinez did to Moyes. Whilst Moyes and his supporters were blabbering on about the need for time Martinez then was putting him to shame playing some nice football with his old team and put his United to the sword at Goodison earning Moyes the sack. Right now Lampard and Rodgers are debunking the myth that all Ole needs is time by better utilizing what they have.

Mainoldo

What the feck are you on about :lol:
I’m basically saying you can not compare as if social media was around in Fergie’s time based on what we know of our football club our players would have been the most famous and probably active.

Mainoldo

Rodgers and Lampard will do to Ole what Martinez did to Moyes. Whilst Moyes and his supporters were blabbering on about the need for time Martinez then was putting him to shame playing some nice football with his old team and put his United to the sword at Goodison earning Moyes the sack. Right now Lampard and Rodgers are debunking the myth that all Ole needs is time by better utilizing what they have.
The relief when this happens will probably be as big as Moyes the longer Ole stays in charge. He cannot last a full season. I just hope he doesn’t relegate us.

Hambley

Ole managed to build a solid defence line not to conced more then 2 goals during the match which saves us from total disaster as we just don't score enough goals. However, I suppose Ole won't last for a long time. He probably will be sacked as soon as we find ourselves in the relegation zone.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
You're wrong. Ole needs time. At least 2 years. Buy his own XI first. Then you are free to judge him.

Status
Not open for further replies.