Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodzy

Amazed at how everyone saying that Ole should go yet nothing. Literally NOTHING will change if he goes, the squad is still dire and lackluster. There still would be no strikers.
Someone who’s not bringing on Luke Shaw and a Lingard at 2 - 0 down would be a nice change for a start.

And having no strikers is on Ole.

youngrell

"days like this highlight how well some of our results have been this season,” he says. What? I mean......what?
That’s not what he said.

He meant previous positive results have shown how well some of the inexperienced lads have done, but today showed that they are not capable to do it every game.

AndyMUFC

He’s completely being hung out to dry. An absolute pisstake that we’ve not done anything yet this month with the state of the squad.

Betson

I said yesterday on here that Ole was here until the end of the season at least and longer if we get top 4.

But this defeat and the manner of it plus the mass exodus of fans well before it was over has an end of days feeling about it.

But if he is not sacked in the coming week then he is definitely here until the end of the season come what may.

jlecesne

That might be the tipping point for me. I had faith in Ole but offing Lukaku seemed like a mistake from day 1. Especially with no replacement. Ole touted that United we’re going to have the fittest team in the league and yet everyone has been hurt. I don’t understand a lot of the team selections. United look out of sorts and uninspired at times. The new “direction” is not looking like a good one.

Granted I would like to see the glazers and Woodward out before/with Ole but I’m not sure that’s realistic. If Poch is the manager they wanted all along, might be time to make that switch.

dave1956

With regard to the coaching post earlier, fully agree. One statistic I think sums up our manager and coaching staff's inability to cope with changing tactics and coaching methods. 45 percent of our goals this season have been conceded from dead ball situations either corners or free kicks delivered into the 18 yard box. Yet our manager and his coaching staff appear to have failed to recognise this problem and address it in training. How many points have we lost because of this, this is a problem which Ole and his coaching staff cannot excuse it is down to them and them only.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

You're not running an AA meeting Ole and you're certainly not their counselor. These players don't need a pat on the back or 'help' to overcome their poor performances. Stop trying to mother them.

Lead them properly and coach them better if you want to see positive results.

Red Daz

If Ole was a dog we’d all say it’s cruel letting him continue and put him down, it’s time, I love the guy but seeing him Struggle in that interview hurt.

I know nothing much will change if he goes but it’s time for a change now .

Fts 74

I don't know if any other manager would be invested in rebuilding our club from the ground up. We all know that is what we desperately need.
Surely there are managers out there who would love to manage us?

Yes it's toxic right now but it's still one of the biggest jobs in the world.

If your the manager who comes in and gets us back to where we should be imagine the sense of achievement in that.

Look at the plaudits klopp is getting it would be 10 times more than that for the manager who finally succeeded after all the crap that's happened since the great man retired.

He would have to have an iron will and bend the people at the top to his way of thinking that would be the most difficult part but surely someone out there is capable?

entropy

It is now after allowing a novice to gut it because "United way". In hindsight we'd have been way better off giving the job to Conte and he'd have us as a solid top 3 side now.
I think it is hard to say for sure. Especially given the failures of Jose, LVG, and Moyes. It isn't a straight forward answer. What we desperately need is an overhaul of the club structure. I don't think any of the modern-day managers will be willing to invest in such a project. I could be wrong though.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Listening to the post match interview... ffs just tip toeing around the topic of transfers. He's for sure been told nothing is coming and that's that. Shame that he's pussy footing around the topic. Kind of wish we had Mourinho (or Conte) as manager as they would complain in public every chance they get about transfers and a lack of support until something got done. Love Ole but he's clearly never going to say anything other than diverting the topic.
Because Mourinho's complaining about it at every chance made such a big difference...?

entropy

If your the manager who comes in and gets us back to where we should be imagine the sense of achievement in that.

Look at the plaudits klopp is getting it would be 10 times more than that for the manager who finally succeeded after all the crap that's happened since the great man retired.

He would have to have an iron will and bend the people at the top to his way of thinking that would be the most difficult part but surely someone out there is capable?
I really hope so. Otherwise, we will just be stuck in a cycle of rotating managers and a big signing here and there. Klopp is unique compared to the rest of the managers. I think someone like him comes by once in a decade or so.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Because Mourinho's complaining about it at every chance made such a big difference...?
At least gets more people talking about the owners and puts more pressure on them. Might ultimately be nothing, but deflecting blame away from them after all this can't be a good thing and will just lead to the cycle being repeated. Get it ugly enough and something will crack eventually.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

You're not running an AA meeting Ole and you're certainly not their counselor. These players don't need a pat on the back or 'help' to overcome their poor performances. Stop trying to mother them.

Lead them properly and coach them better if you want to see positive results.
I don’t know how many times i have to post these articles before anyone actually can be bothered to read them.

OLE IN PUBLIC IS CLEARLY DIFFERENT TO THE OLE I PRIVATE.

Ole Brands His Players A Joke After Southampton Draw

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....draw_sto7442148/story-amp.shtml?client=safari

FEAR FACTOR Ashley Young: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is no baby-faced assassin, he commands respect by ‘losing it’ like legendary Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talk...jaer-manchester-united-sir-alex-ferguson/amp/

Look at him grinning :mad:
Oh do me a favour and get over it ffs

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Managers won't come in with the situation with the board as is. They will want assurances and control that Woodward and the Glazers won't commit to. So you're left with a mainly sell (overpaid players) to buy budget, the academy, and expectations to turn it around asap with trophies. It's an impossible job, until they get properly backed, which just evidently isn't happening considering all the players we sold over the past year without replacing them, all the injuries that were forced because of that and yet still, no reinforcements.

GiddyUp

That might be the tipping point for me. I had faith in Ole but offing Lukaku seemed like a mistake from day 1. Especially with no replacement. Ole touted that United we’re going to have the fittest team in the league and yet everyone has been hurt. I don’t understand a lot of the team selections. United look out of sorts and uninspired at times. The new “direction” is not looking like a good one.

Granted I would like to see the glazers and Woodward out before/with Ole but I’m not sure that’s realistic. If Poch is the manager they wanted all along, might be time to make that switch.
Definitely time, he will take it as well. This isn't the hardest job in football any more. Pochettino can basically set his own terms and if I was him I would be talking directly with the Glazers instead of Woodward.

BR7

There’s a distinct lack of leadership on the pitch as well, no one grabs the game by the scruff of the neck for us anymore

mu4c_20le

If Ole was a dog we’d all say it’s cruel letting him continue and put him down, it’s time, I love the guy but seeing him Struggle in that interview hurt.

I know nothing much will change if he goes but it’s time for a change now .
Yes! Change for the sake of change, right after a bad result. That's genius decision making at the board level.

Roboc7

He was doing well for himself over there at Molde then he came here and now his career is dead. No team in any top division will ever lay hands on this utterly useless manager so I guess back to Molde would be ideal.
Molde improved and won league without him.

zizi

How about a bit of perspective.

Lindelof, Mctominay, Pogba, and Rashford are out injured, which is not just a third of the first eleven, but a big part of the spine of team. We dominated the first half, and spurned guilt edge chances, from the two players that any of you would want the chances to fall to could you choose.

No we didn't score, and yes we are a team out of form and low on confidence, so if you don't take those few chances it will come back to hurt you. Clearly we are not creating, but lets have a look at this. We play with a #10, and are our midfield options for the creative role are Lingard, Pereira, Mata, & Pogba. No amount of coaching can fix two of those four, and while Mata has his uses at times he's over the hill. The only one who genuinely is good enough (and is first choice) has been injured, so yes we lack creativity. We looked at Eriksen and Dybala over summer, and Fernandes now so Ole is well aware.

All this falls back to same old argument of squad depth. Two ways to go about, buy first then sell, or sell first then buy. The squad was bloated as well as the wage bill, so yes, the priority was to get rid first. It's a choice. Trim the squad, and then build it back up with the right players.

It was always going to be a hard season, and guess what, nothing has changed on that front.

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
We've let ability go in previous windows and haven't replaced on his watch. You cant keep coming out with the same spiel that we are moving in the right place after poor performances and losses.
I am coming out with the same either we win or we loose. No one, and I mean no one can point out any tactical rabbit that would have won this game. It is all about ability and we need to invest! I can’t believe this is pointed towards Ollie. It is seven years in the making. When you have no options for Martial having a shit game. And when your only option is Pereira and Lindgard in the number 10. Feck me.. They should not be anywhere near the first team. James should be a squad player. And NO!!!!!!!! We should not throw Greenwood out on the deep end with Jesus like expectations. Why the feck isn’t people on here talking about players and their preformance? Matic was the fecking best player for UTD. What does that tell us? And Mata? ...
If you want to know the score, read “captive state” by Georg Monbiot. You’d think the Americans are stealing your living at Man Utd. But truth is.. Every fecking time you leave your house.. What is even worse. Every fecking player and manager painted this picture before the match. Where comes the danger and what to do. Didn’t happen, and it’s fecking shit! It’s shit!
There was nothing wrong with tactics tonight. But, o boy there was a lot going wrong. If this window closes without two signings..Listen to Stephen Hawson on YouTube after this loss. That is fecking spot on! Listening to Crouch and Ferdinand.. Spot on! Sack Ollie. Hire Poch. Hire Pep and hire Klopp. It won’t change a fecking thing, Phil Jones will never be anything else than Phil Jones, and he wasn’t even worst of the bunch. Smarten up feckers - and point your finger in the right direction! But what i do agree on. Ollie needs to paint them walls red!

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I don’t know how many times I have to post these articles before anyone actually can be bothered to read them.

OLE IN PUBLIC IS DIFFERENT TO THE OLE I PRIVATE.

Ole Brands His Players A Joke After Southampton Draw

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....draw_sto7442148/story-amp.shtml?client=safari

FEAR FACTOR Ashley Young: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is no baby-faced assassin, he commands respect by ‘losing it’ like legendary Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/talk...jaer-manchester-united-sir-alex-ferguson/amp/

Oh do me a favour and get over it ffs
Sorry, but 'losing it' from time to time is not being a leader. If you have to shout and scream to get your point across then you are doing it wrong.

A leader will establish a vision of what they wish to achieve and then outline that vision to their underlings clearly and concisely that they may follow it to the letter. A leader takes responsibility for their actions, they delegate, they take control of a situation and demand results rather than ask for them. They command respect, they inspire those around them, they reprimand when the situation calls for it.

Do you see any of that in Ole? I don't, I'm afraid.

I saw it in Fergie. I see it in Pep and Klopp, among others, but I don't see it in Ole and never will as it isn't in his nature. Ole is not a leader, he's a friend and probably a great one at that, but he is not a leader of men which is what our squad needs as much as anything right now.

Wolfmother

Supports
Man Utd
FFS Get him out!!! Hes a damn clown!
FFS. Watch the fecking interview. Probably the best he has done. Hurt as hell. And muppets like this make a new narrative? And you are fecking supporting it!!??.. Who are the Glazier puppets? The Ole in, or the Ole out?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
FFS. Watch the fecking interview. Probably the best he has done. Hurt as hell. And muppets like this make a new narrative? And you are fecking supporting it!!??.. Who are the Glazier puppets? The Ole in, or the Ole out?
The ones who gave them leeway to appoint Ole to be permanent manager in the first place

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Grow a brain!
Why?
He was hired because he was cheap and it would appease the fans. Also he wouldn't cause any fuss when he doesnt get backed.

Fans who went along with the appointment are reaping what they sowed

croadyman

Ole I admire you for taking on this once great club after Mourinho had turned it so toxic. You have given us the occaisonal great moment like PSG & City away which we will always appreciate.

Yes I realise you are missing McTominay, Pogba & Rashford badly but we still should be beating Burnley at home with this team.

You really needed to demand more from this board behind the scenes and got in better coaching than the Utd old boys club. Maybe if you had better around you then this wouldn't need to be the end of the road.

I think it's a real shame that in the end it will be that Toy Story puppet who pulls the trigger on you. I would much rather you walk away with your dignity intact.

If you have to be sacked then it should be done by a proper DOF not some banker who hasn't a clue on football matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.