Ole Gunnar Solskjaer | W15 D2 L4

Is Ole a good appointment?

• Total voters

Rish Sawhney

As I said, based on examples that you provided.
You seem to be using a double standard though to justify the statement being refuted. If having 1 game with very few shots on target is a negative, both Poch and Ole meet it and hence Poch is no better than Ole. If having a few games where you have very few shots is acceptable, then both Ole and Poch satisfy and are acceptable.

I'm wondering if you agree with the notion that Poch is more suited to us because you very rarely see him have games with very few shots? Because the same can be said of Ole. Hence the entire point is moot.

fitzmertz

I hope Ole gets the job. I am sure that he will bring back SAFs way of looking into the character etc of any new signings which has stupidly been discarded since he retired. The new signings will be young players around the age of 22 that we can develop to play the Utd way.

Reactions: Niall

GreatDane

My love with Man Utd started in the 90's.
The last few years how ever, I started to be less interested - my passion for the club were still there, but something was lacking.

After Ole, I've felt that old passion again. Looking forward to the next match, looking forward to 3p.

Sure, he's not a manager with many years of experience but he's smart and knows our club.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: golden_blunder

AJ10

You seem to be using a double standard though to justify the statement being refuted. If having 1 game with very few shots on target is a negative, both Poch and Ole meet it and hence Poch is no better than Ole. If having a few games where you have very few shots is acceptable, then both Ole and Poch satisfy and are acceptable.

I'm wondering if you agree with the notion that Poch is more suited to us because you very rarely see him have games with very few shots? Because the same can be said of Ole. Hence the entire point is moot.
Well, I have never said its good or bad having few shots on target or the manager whose team has more shots on target is better than the other. For all the praise Poch gets for his attacking play, his team does struggle to have many shots on target vs the likes of city/pool etc... It doesn't mean he's a bad manager but its a fact his team does struggle vs top teams, Still doesn't mean he's a bad manager but the praise is vomit inducing IMO.

As the other poster said he's not seen spurs have games where they have had less shots on target and roonster09 provided a list of 7 games in 4+ years, which doesn't prove anything other than spurs don't have many games where they struggle to have shots on target. I can only reply to whats being posted not what isn't and based on examples provided spurs have very few games where they don't register lots of shots on target, Which is really good IMO.

I believe you think my reply to roonster09 is based on me being in Ole's camp for some reason but i just founded the 7 games in 4+ years example bit silly (being nice) to prove spurs have many games where they register few shots on target, of course each person has their own version of few and roonster09's version is 1 or 2 shots on target. As for Poch being better suited for united due to his team having more shots on target in games, as long as the manager plays attacking football I couldn't care less who it is.

This isn't Poch vs Ole, I am not in either camp :rolleyes:, just United camp.:devil:

Reactions: Sultan

Rish Sawhney

Well, I have never said its good or bad having few shots on target or the manager whose team has more shots on target is better than the other. For all the praise Poch gets for his attacking play, his team does struggle to have many shots on target vs the likes of city/pool etc... It doesn't mean he's a bad manager but its a fact his team does struggle vs top teams, Still doesn't mean he's a bad manager but the praise is vomit inducing IMO.

As the other poster said he's not seen spurs have games where they have had less shots on target and roonster09 provided a list of 7 games in 4+ years, which doesn't prove anything other than spurs don't have many games where they struggle to have shots on target. I can only reply to whats being posted not what isn't and based on examples provided spurs have very few games where they don't register lots of shots on target, Which is really good IMO.

I believe you think my reply to roonster09 is based on me being in Ole's camp for some reason but i just founded the 7 games in 4+ years example bit silly (being nice) to prove spurs have many games where they register few shots on target, of course each person has their own version of few and roonster09's version is 1 or 2 shots on target. As for Poch being better suited for united due to his team having more shots on target in games, as long as the manager plays attacking football I couldn't care less who it is.

This isn't Poch vs Ole, I am not in either camp :rolleyes:, just United camp.:devil:
It does prove that Spurs fairly routinely (like 2 a year for the past 4 approximately) have games where they don't have many shots on target. Its you who's coming up with a standard that 7 in 4 years is not that many. Thats an arbitrary standard that one may or may not consider good enough. So it shows the other poster that yes Spurs do have games where they have few shots as opposed to what he thought and hence based his support for Poch over Ole on.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Not sure where you are going with this as I already said that's not all games, that's just random games I checked.

Spurs had 2 shots or less 2 times in 2 months (Vs Watford and vs ManCity), is that good enough games in 2 months? (as 7 games in 4 years is silly).

Since Ole took over, ManUtd had only 1 shot on target vs PSG and apart from that the lowest number of shots on target was vs Liverpool which was 3. So going by this,

2018-19 season

Watford (H) - Shots on target - 3 (1 of them was from outside the box)
Chelsea (A) - Shots on target - 1 (from penalty, 0 from open play)
Wolves (H) - Shots on target - 3 (all 3 from outside the box)
Arsenal (A) - Shots on target - 3 (1 from outside the box)
Burnley (H) - Shots on target - 3
Leicester (A) -Shots on target - 3 (2 from outside the box)
Palace (A) -Shots on target - 2 (1 from outside the box)
City (H) - Shots on target - 1
West Ham (A) - Shots on target - 2
Liverpool (H) - Shots on target - 3 (1 from outside the box)
Watford (A) - Shots on target - 2 (2 shots from outside the box)

So many games where they barely had shots on targets and few of them are just long shots.

JohnnyKills

Erling Moe is the current interim, he has been around their coaching setup for a long time. I think they'll just stick with him and see how it goes.
They'll also have about £8 million to find a replacement.

AJ10

It does prove that Spurs fairly routinely (like 2 a year for the past 4 approximately) have games where they don't have many shots on target. Its you who's coming up with a standard that 7 in 4 years is not that many. Thats an arbitrary standard that one may or may not consider good enough. So it shows the other poster that yes Spurs do have games where they have few shots as opposed to what he thought and hence based his support for Poch over Ole on.
Well, I can only comment of the example provided. so based on that example which is 7 games in 4 years, to me that suggests spurs have few games where they have less shots on target. You might consider 7 games in 4+ years to be a lot of games but to me, thats not enough to suggest anything other than spurs have few games where they have less shots on target, of course you or anyone might have different opinion on that. As I said before I can only comment on example provided whether there are more games than that, I don't know and i don't care since i am not commenting on whats not there.

Once again I don't care about Ole vs Poch, not getting into that rubbish since I support United not any manager. Not into Cults.

AJ10

Not sure where you are going with this as I already said that's not all games, that's just random games I checked.

Spurs had 2 shots or less 2 times in 2 months (Vs Watford and vs ManCity), is that good enough games in 2 months? (as 7 games in 4 years is silly).

Since Ole took over, ManUtd had only 1 shot on target vs PSG and apart from that the lowest number of shots on target was vs Liverpool which was 3. So going by this,

2018-19 season

Watford (H) - Shots on target - 3 (1 of them was from outside the box)
Chelsea (A) - Shots on target - 1 (from penalty, 0 from open play)
Wolves (H) - Shots on target - 3 (all 3 from outside the box)
Arsenal (A) - Shots on target - 3 (1 from outside the box)
Burnley (H) - Shots on target - 3
Leicester (A) -Shots on target - 3 (2 from outside the box)
Palace (A) -Shots on target - 2 (1 from outside the box)
City (H) - Shots on target - 1
West Ham (A) - Shots on target - 2
Liverpool (H) - Shots on target - 3 (1 from outside the box)
Watford (A) - Shots on target - 2 (2 shots from outside the box)

So many games where they barely had shots on targets and few of them are just long shots.
To me (to you or anyone else it might not be) 7 games in 4+ years is silly to prove your point as I am sure you could have picked number of games from this season or last and I only commented on what you posted on your original post not what you didn't. Whether there were more games or not Is not my concern since i am not arguing about whether poch's team have less or more shots but just commented on your original example you provided (which to me suggested there were not enough games where they had less shots on target, your original post), which to me was silly and don't really care whether you're right or wrong but just wanted to point out the example you provided was not enough and now you're adding more games (if you did originally, i wouldn't have commented). you seem to be turning this into poch vs ole, it's not.

You seem to be part of this sad mentality of our fans where it's Poch vs Ole with every post and don't look at whats being posted by another since you already have a agenda. I have no time for that rubbish, so once again this isn't poch vs ole but on your example you provided.

I hope you read the bold part and not just make this poch vs Ole :rolleyes::rolleyes: for the sake of it.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
To me (to you or anyone else it might not be) 7 games in 4+ years is silly to prove your point as I am sure you could have picked number of games from this season or last and I only commented on what you posted on your original post not what you didn't. Whether there were more games or not Is not my concern since i am not arguing about whether poch's team have less or more shots but just commented on your original example you provided (which to me suggested there were not enough games where they had less shots on target, your original post), which to me was silly and don't really care whether you're right or wrong but just wanted to point out the example you provided was not enough and now you're adding more games (if you did originally, i wouldn't have commented). you seem to be turning this into poch vs ole, it's not.

You seem to be part of this sad mentality of our fans where it's Poch vs Ole with every post and don't look at whats being posted by another since you already have a agenda. I have no time for that rubbish, so once again this isn't poch vs ole but on your example you provided.

I hope you read the bold part and not just make this poch vs Ole :rolleyes::rolleyes: for the sake of it.
Eh? I'm a big fan of Poch and my posts in the past are the proof for that.

Just because I point out mistakes in someone else's post doesn't mean I'm part of this Poch vs Ole. I want Ole to be given the job and won't mind if we appoint Poch as he is superb coach.

Re the post, man you repeat the same thing again and again, it's just tedious. I said few times already, those are just random examples, not exact numbers. it's not my fault if you though Spurs had only 7 games in 4 years where they were poor attacking.

you should just climb down from the high horse and read posts before jumping into discussion.

My post wasn't about Ole vs Poch, it's in your head that it was. It's to show the stick to beat Ole can be used to beat Poch also. The guy who made the first post conceded the point, not sure what your problem is.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Having changed my vote to Ole, it's worth considering the downside of appointing him.

For me, he's playing football the United way. My only fear is that it might be an outmoded tactic. The previous two managers failed because they tried to change tactics and couldn't make it work. Ole is largely working because he's gone back to SAF basics. But the two outstanding teams in the league play with a high press. Are we really likely to do better than them over the course of a season with a counter-attacking formation. Or is it the kind of strategy that will give us top four but not silverware?

I think we need to add another level of tactical sophistication to our play. Not sure who in the current coaching team has that kind of bandwidth.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
In a strange way watching us grind out wins in difficult circumstances like this does more for my confidence in Ole than the heavy wins.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
That was a big big win. Palace away with all the injuries. He can do no wrong.
This is like winning the lotto, amazing how he has turned things around

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Just another London team sinked by Gunnar the Destroyer.

If he can fix Lukaku, he can be hell of a manager. After final whistle you can look on Carrick's face how he loves working with the new guy in charge.

Raw

8 consecutive away wins in all competitions. A new club record. Ole's at the wheel!

A 9th would be nice. A 3-1 win. Not asking for much. :angel:

Rolaholic

It really has felt like United again under Ole, you can really feel the love from the fans and players and staff now. It all feels so...United again after the way things had gotten so fractured and polarized under the previous regime

I truly can't see how he doesn't get the job in the summer

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Was very skeptical when he took over, didn't think he would do well. Really glad I've been proven wrong. It would be an absolute travesty if he didn't get the job at this point.

lysglimt

Scout
Just out of curiosity -are there any United-fans who genuinely would prefer Pochettino as United-manager to Ole ?

lysglimt

Scout
Was very skeptical when he took over, didn't think he would do well. Really glad I've been proven wrong. It would be an absolute travesty if he didn't get the job at this point.
I am convinced he already got it - just not officially!

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Just out of curiosity -are there any United-fans who genuinely would prefer Pochettino as United-manager to Ole ?
dunno, there are a lot of united fans in the world.

AJ10

Eh? I'm a big fan of Poch and my posts in the past are the proof for that.

Just because I point out mistakes in someone else's post doesn't mean I'm part of this Poch vs Ole. I want Ole to be given the job and won't mind if we appoint Poch as he is superb coach.

Re the post, man you repeat the same thing again and again, it's just tedious. I said few times already, those are just random examples, not exact numbers. it's not my fault if you though Spurs had only 7 games in 4 years where they were poor attacking.

you should just climb down from the high horse and read posts before jumping into discussion.

My post wasn't about Ole vs Poch, it's in your head that it was. It's to show the stick to beat Ole can be used to beat Poch also. The guy who made the first post conceded the point, not sure what your problem is.
I repeat the same point because you don't read or just ignore. But its ok, it happens. I only brought Ole vs poch due to you bringing it in your comment when you posted those additional games, so I doubt its only in my head since you're the one who brought Ole up in your post.:lol::lol::lol:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

Anyone could have done it they said... :lol:

slored1

He should be the manager now. Apart from the PSG game, no mistakes in his tactical decisions. Give him the money to spend this summer and we will be at the top again.

Rajma

Having changed my vote to Ole, it's worth considering the downside of appointing him.

For me, he's playing football the United way. My only fear is that it might be an outmoded tactic. The previous two managers failed because they tried to change tactics and couldn't make it work. Ole is largely working because he's gone back to SAF basics. But the two outstanding teams in the league play with a high press. Are we really likely to do better than them over the course of a season with a counter-attacking formation. Or is it the kind of strategy that will give us top four but not silverware?

I think we need to add another level of tactical sophistication to our play. Not sure who in the current coaching team has that kind of bandwidth.
Awful post.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
It's a shame we were so far off when he took over.

He just gets it, and it's as simple as that. If he doesn't get the job, its criminal.

OldSchoolManc

My 1000th post says, how can anyone possibly say that he doesn’t deserve at least 2 years?
He’s the messiah!

baskinginthesun

Grinding out a result like that with a team that has barely kicked a ball together as a unit shows his experience. Found a different way to win in a game where this could have easily ended up going the other direction. Fair play to him. I don't think there is much else he could do to prove he is the right person for the job.

Jacob

Showed tactical awareness by pushing Young up the right flank while bringing in Bailly.