Ole Gunnar Solskjaer | W15 D2 L4

Is Ole a good appointment?

• Total voters

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
For the first time since Fergie retired I feel excited to watch united again... Am traveling around Cuba at the moment and doing my best to find a place to catch the game. Compare that to the LVG or Mou eras where I couldnt be arsed to catch a game at times even when home. Could Ole 'fail'? Sure. But for me it's a return to the United I grew up with and loved. It's awesome to have a man you love and respect at the helm again
You weren't excited when we played and won in a European final...?

Or won the F.A Cup?

Or beat Liverpool with Martial's sparkling debut?

Or Juanfield?

Virgil

I have one or two issues with what has been going on and none of them to do with the sacking of JM. Firstly what the heck is the management doing giving any temporary appointment a transfer budget for January. If it truly is a temporary appointment and if deals are actually signed that effectively means that the summer incoming manager has at least one hand tied behind his or her back with a 3 or 4 year deal having been made on players that they may not rate. Now that really is as daft as it can get. Similarly if the club really is saying that a central defender and either a midfielder or winger is needed then why the heck did they not sack JM earlier rather than simply refuse him the reinforcements. To me it seems that Woodward has not the foggiest and should only be in charge of the commercial side of the club. If he continues to have a finger in the pie with regards to player purchases then god help us we will be in the wilderness for another 20 plus years. And finally if OGS is only a holding position then the club is effectively writing off this season unless miracles happen. It also means that the incoming permanent manager will only have the summer months to try to sort out who to keep, who to get rid of and who is needed. That effectively will mean that United will spend another two years in the wilderness. It really beggars belief that those at the top could have let the club get into this position. JM was at fault without doubt but like we have struggled to replace SAF in similar fashion I would say that Woodward is not, and never will be, a patch on Gill and also should go....or at least be put in his place. Then again it seems that the Glaziers love him

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
"Amazing squad of players and they're all quality". Funny seeing a bit of positivity compared to "they're all shit"

Crackers

greasy ginfers
For the first time since Fergie retired I feel excited to watch united again... Am traveling around Cuba at the moment and doing my best to find a place to catch the game. Compare that to the LVG or Mou eras where I couldnt be arsed to catch a game at times even when home. Could Ole 'fail'? Sure. But for me it's a return to the United I grew up with and loved. It's awesome to have a man you love and respect at the helm again
Have you been living under a rock

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Just watching the interview and I swear to god Ole has one of the friendliest faces any man could have :lol:

RedDevilRoshi

Wants everyone associated with the club to express themselves.

Basically bring back that feel good factor at the club

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Absolutely wonderful initial interview...

Humble, human, realistic yet positive and just exuding a much more relaxed, friendly aura than is usual for any manager, let alone what we've been used to with Mourinho and LvG before him.

I don't want Ole to take over permanently, but I want this to boost his career (and I believe it will).

I'm excited, I'm fascinated, and I believe he'll do well as an interim appointment.

Lets do it.

Infestissumam

what's all this "we've got a great squad" and "it's about expressing ourselves" stuff?! Not used anymore to a manager who's not miserable and grumpy.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Good interview, pretty clear he's here to appease fans until next season but he's saying all the right stuff. Season is a write-off but hopefully go for the FA Cup. Need to get behind the team and the manager, players have nowhere to hide now.

crossy1686

career ending
Absolute breath of fresh air that interview. I feel like a weight has been lifted so god knows how the players and people at the club feel.

Sloskjaer's positivity is infectious.

crossy1686

career ending
Good interview, pretty clear he's here to appease fans until next season but he's saying all the right stuff. Season is a write-off but hopefully go for the FA Cup. Need to get behind the team and the manager, players have nowhere to hide now.
Bit of a contradiction there, no? Plenty to play for, don't see why we've got to throw the towel in, it's only December.

Cloud7

“It’s not about the opposition. It’s about us. Getting the players to express themselves and play the football we want to play”

God it’s been so long since I’ve heard a genuinely positive message like this from our manager.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Absolute breath of fresh air that interview. I feel like a weight has been lifted so god knows how the players and people at the club feel.

Felt the same. So much positivity and enthusiasm.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Some in the media are talking like he's going to get us relegated.

Cloud7

Agreed. I smiled a lot watching that interview. It’s really been a while. If we’re this happy imagine how happy the players must be.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

Lemansky

Interview is 20 minutes on the app
The interview is one of the best I have ever seen from anyone associated with the club. Really recommend watching the whole 20 minutes! What a guy! 20Legend

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Just seen the whole thing on the app and I think I have fallen in love with this fella all over again! :D

The way he speaks about Jesse...:D