Ole Gunnar Solskjaer | W15 D2 L4

Is Ole a good appointment?

• Total voters

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Excellent interview. Really nice to hear a positive interview from a Manchester United manager.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
You couldn't love that man more if you tried. He's just a wonderful dote of a human. X

RedDevilRoshi

The part I loved is when he described the DNA of this club

“It’s a family club, giving youngsters a chance, attacking football and winning”

“Biggest club in the world, best club in the world, we’ve got the best players in the world”

That’s the f****** difference! The players will surely be fired up to play for this beautiful little legend.

waza7111

It seems like he's not really expecting to have any chance of being made the permanent manager

RedDevilRoshi

His message to the fans at the end to wrap things up was

“It’s brilliant being back home, I will give everything that I have got for us to have success and do my very best along with the staff to have the players playing and enjoying themselves. Can’t wait to get going”

F***** legend

-Supreme-

Everyone will get their chance

Music to Andreas P
The concern I have is that this may also apply to those that are clearly not good enough for United.

We can't afford to give them another chance by renewing their contracts in the summer, this process just goes in cycle with new managers coming in and out over the past 5 years.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
It seems like he's not really expecting to have any chance of being made the permanent manager
And I think that's exactly the attitude that will bring the best out of him and the players...

What I mean is - no careerism, no politics, just enjoyment and performance. And then hopefully we get a World elite manager in the Summer and Ole gets a shot at a decent PL club.

I'm gonna make a prediction - I think he'll win the F.A Cup with us this season.

RedDevilRoshi

What a fantastic, refreshing interview that was!

The players will surely be fired up now and ready to give it their all. If they can’t get fired up after that, then they shouldn’t be here.

This is where the Media,Pundits and certain old'school players not associated with United dont get and that is the immense positivity Ole's aura has given united in this short,short time. Yes Mourinho is one of the most successful managers ever but he was a toxic,negative,tiring individual.
He was a cloud over the club and I'm over the moon abit of brightness seems to be hovering over OT once again.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
OGS: It's great to come home
To kick-off, he’s told MUTV: “It’s great. It feels like coming home. It’s been a few whirlwind days. It’s been very hectic. It’s great to see everyone again.”

OGS on what's to come
I’m going to enjoy the ride. It’s six months. I’m back home. I’m going to be myself. The club is running a process to find the next manager so I’m going to be myself in the meantime with Mick, Kieran and Michael. We’ll get the players enjoying their football again.

OGS on the upcoming games
The amount of games coming up is no problem because we’ve got quality players and they’ll get a chance to show that they’re Man Utd players. We’re in a results business and we want to win games. That’s my job to help the players do. We want to see them play the football they can do.

OGS on the club set-up
We’ve got a great set-up. The analysts were watching Cardiff this morning. I’ve seen the teams, I watch the Premier League. It’s about us though, not the opposition. We want to see the players express themselves. Our main focus is us, the opposition comes later.

OGS: Everyone will get a chance
We have to rotate. Everyone will get a chance. Everyone starts with a clean slate. You’ve got to start somewhere. i’ve seen the last few games. You pick a team now and you move on. Everyone will get their chance.

OGS on pride
I’m proud of my career as a player. i understand this club, I know the club. Being in the gaffer’s seat is very special.

OGS: We're going to restore pride
When I scored on my debut Eric was there and it was a brilliant feeling. You felt comfortable at Old Trafford and you want the players to feel at home there too. It’s about the players being proud of their performance and the fans being proud of their team.

OGS on Sir Alex Ferguson
I’ve had 300-400 games as a first-team manager. I’m confident. I’ve won the league, I’ve won cups, I’ve been relegated. It’s about man management. It’s about managing players, staff and it’s about getting the best out of everyone. The boss [SAF] will always be the best at that. I get my managerial style from him. He’s been the biggest influence but then again we’re different. I’m a different personality. I like to speak to people, I like to engange with people. I want to see people express themselves. That makes me happy.

OGS on Mike Phelan
That was the first thing I thought about. I’m young. Kieran and Michael are young. I rang him and he was at a coaching course in Burnley when I rang him. He’s an incredible calming influence. His football knowledge is really really good.

OGS on Michael Carrick
When he was signed I played with him for a season. I watched Michael evolve and develop. He was a top player for us and filled Roy Keane’s boots - and that’s not easy. I’ve been on the phone with him quite a few times and he’s been brilliant. I can’t wait to work with him.

OGS on youth
Being a manager in Norway that range of players I’ve been trying to get players on loan from Nicky Butt over to Molde. Kieran McKenna’s done a really good job with the under-18s and he’s really highly regarded. He’s a link between the academy and the first team and that’s crucial.

OGS on tradition
Matt Busby said if you’re good enough you’re old enough and I want to maintain that. I watched the Chelsea game and I was really impressed.

OGS on Emiliano Alvarez and David De Gea
We have the best goalkeeper in the world. He’s been there for eight years and he’s still a young goalkeeper developing. It’s fantastic for me to come in and have him. Maybe I’ll have to do some finishing training to keep him in check!

OGS on Lingard
I gave him his debut in the reserves away at Burnley. Within two minutes that little tiny kid goes in for a 50/50 with a massive centre back [Kevin Long] and the little kid absolutely clattered him. I thought you have a chance. He showed me he had something.

OGS on Rashford
I watched him when he was younger. He was really young. I’ve followed him closely and it’s great to see him where he is now.

OGS on first-team
I’ve spoken to most of them today. It seems like a great set of lads, professional, wanting to do well and learn. I’ve spoken to Michael and Kieran about them all. I’ll take time getting to know them.

OGS on Champions League
I was watching the draw on Monday without a clue as to what was about to happen. PSG is a fantastic chance. Under the lights at Old Trafford. The manager [SAF] talked about those nights. Those are the nights that United come to the fore. I can’t wait for it. But we need to build a foundation in the games leading up to it. We can’t wait.

OGS on Man Utd DNA
The first thing I noticed was that it’s a family club. Everyone is so tight-knit. And then I noticed the winning mentality. Attacking football, giving youth a chance and winning. Biggest club in the world, best supporters in the world, best players in the world.

OGS on that night in Barcelona
It was a fantastic night. It’s gone 20 years now. Unbelievable how time flies.

OGS message to supporters
It’s great to be back home. I promise I’ll give everything I’ve got to get this club back to success. I can’t wait to get going.

rotherham_red

Absolutely wonderful initial interview...

Humble, human, realistic yet positive and just exuding a much more relaxed, friendly aura than is usual for any manager, let alone what we've been used to with Mourinho and LvG before him.

I don't want Ole to take over permanently, but I want this to boost his career (and I believe it will).

I'm excited, I'm fascinated, and I believe he'll do well as an interim appointment.

Lets do it.
Fully agree. Watching that interview, and reading up on his style of play, I think we could be in for some memorable games for the rest of this season.

RedDevilRoshi

This was always the mantra until Moyes' first day in charge. I'm so so happy to hear these world's from Ole again
Very true

As mentioned, it’s just so refreshing to hear those words as in the past few years it’s been more about trying to nullify the opposition rather than focusing on ourselves and getting the best out of them.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Excellent interview. Really nice to hear a positive interview from a Manchester United manager.
Isn't it just. Clean slate with everyone getting a chance and a bit of positivity. And he's learned Fergie's mantra, "Express yourselves", which bodes well.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
To repeat what others have said, man what a fecking interview! :drool: Solskjaer just knows what is expected. Not gonna keep bringing Mourinho up, but this is what we've been lacking for 3 years.

It's just great seeing a manager so animated, down to earth and genuine for a change. I just hope we can get a few wins now just to get that positive vibe flowing.

RedDevilUnited369

Good interview.

I am concerned that the class of 92 will be constantly texting and calling him telling him how to manage the team.

I’m speaking to you Gary Neville.

Canagel

The concern I have is that this may also apply to those that are clearly not good enough for United.

We can't afford to give them another chance by renewing their contracts in the summer, this process just goes in cycle with new managers coming in and out over the past 5 years.
He'll quickly drop the ones who aren't good enough . The busy Christmas period I expect everyone to get a chance and then hopefully after 5/6 games he knows what his best team is and sticks with it to the end of the season. The best thing about this is no more favoritism.

nycender

Honestly after reading those quotes I want to run through a brick wall for him and I'm fecking shite at football

Reactions: Niall

Nick7

My goodness I love his Norwegian/Manc accent. Hint of Scottish in the way he says football too :lol:

Tiber

I don't want Ole to take over pernamently as I am convinced Poch is the only man up to the job, but good god I'd love it if be changed my mind

BlackBen

After watching that whole interview, I say give that man a 10 year contract!! :D :devil:

Seriously though, it's so refreshing to hear such positivity from him and calling the players the best in the world? I'm sure this will get the players fired up and give their all in upcoming games. Bless you Ole

Last edited by a moderator:

Bola

Good interview, pretty clear he's here to appease fans until next season but he's saying all the right stuff. Season is a write-off but hopefully go for the FA Cup. Need to get behind the team and the manager, players have nowhere to hide now.
Except the FA Cup, Champs League and 4th place to all fight for

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The guy gets this great club of ours. Fans are fickle and results will ultimately be what he is judged by but can't remember the last time we heard something positive, something good about our squad.

Roberto420

"if your good enough your old enough" Mason Greenwood step forward, seriously though what a refreshing interview particularly liked his obvious enthusiasm he's showing so far he's obviously over the moon to be in the hot seat and bigging up our players rather than throwing them under the bus nice to see.