Ole Gunnar Solskjaer | W15 D2 L4

Is Ole a good appointment?

• Total voters

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
If OGS starts losing matches Mourinho will get blamed.

BigRon1985

Signing of OGS to manage United must be one of the most craziest signings in football. . . . As mad as Moyes.
I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks that! Especially with so much still to play for this season. No issue if it was for a few dead rubber games at the end of the season.

Just imagine the reaction on here if we don’t beat the cannon fodder teams we’ve got coming up the next few weeks! :eek:

macheda14

I'm baffled at the idea that the board has been so generous as to offer £50m for Ole to go get Costa AND Toby. Either of them would probably cost over that, especially half way through a season.
Toby is either leaving now for money or for free in the summer. Costa hasn't played much since Ronaldo arrived, only 480 minutes this season.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks that! Especially with so much still to play for this season. No issue if it was for a few dead rubber games at the end of the season.

Just imagine the reaction on here if we don’t beat the cannon fodder teams we’ve got coming up the next few weeks! :eek:
Agree entirely.

The sacking of Mourinho only made sense if there was someone whom United had lined up to take the job on a temporary basis. . . . When I found out it was OGS I thought it was a joke tbh.

Why not bring back Moyes?

RepardReece

I'm really not sure why there are so many negative responses from fans in this thread. Saying he won't do well, or our standards have become well because of this. Are you saying Chelsea's appointment of Di Matteo was low standards for them?

We need someone to get us through this season, we clearly wasn't going to win anything with Mourinho and he needed to be sacked. OGS is a good appointment, he should stabilise things at our club and get an attacking rhythm going. Clearly, we aren't getting Zidane or any manager that's currently out of work as we would've appointed them right now. Look forward to the summer, as it's likely a manager such as Pochettino will come.

Top 4 is really unlikely, we will have to go on an amazing run (that was not happening with Jose) and we didn't look to be getting past PSG in the CL. Stop being so negative, what did you just believe Poch was going to leave his job mid-season?

hocane

We will get either Pocchetino or Zidane in the summer, relax people.

This is a thing for 5 months, try to be happy that a legend is back at our club for a short amount of time.

beedoubleyou

Well he won't win a CL with United. . . . But the signing of OGS (who relegated Cardiff) tells me that United have given up on 4th place.

Sure it's unlikely but there's 21 matches left.
Oh you think another manager would turn it around and get us a CL. What a wonderful mind you have.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Agree entirely.

The sacking of Mourinho only made sense if there was someone whom United had lined up to take the job on a temporary basis. . . . When I found out it was OGS I thought it was a joke tbh.

You should probably stick to your German hipster league if you fail to see the difference between Solskjær and Moyes from a Manchester United perspective.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Hopefully Ole will bring us back to a time when our most pressing concerns were “Is Mike Phelan a yes man?”

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
You should probably stick to your German hipster league if you fail to see the difference between Solskjær and Moyes from a Manchester United perspective.
You're right.

Moyes has shown he is a far more successful manager than the guy who relegated a team from the premier league.

Forgive me.

Judas

Open to offers
Arguing for Moyes over Ole just shows a deep lacking of understanding or connection with Manchester United. I'm not even that into the Ole appointment, but I get it, it's not rocket science.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Agree entirely.

If Mourinho genuinely alienated the vast majority of players to the point where some wanted to leave and presumably someone like De Gea then it makes total sense to sack him and appoint a caretaker.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Agree entirely.

WUMming isn't allowed in United forums. You perfectly know the difference between Moyes and OGS. Consider it as your final warning.

beedoubleyou

You're right.

Moyes has shown he is a far more successful manager than the guy who relegated a team from the premier league.

Forgive me.
What you talking about? What manager would want a six month role? This is a unique circumstance and opportunity for Solskjaer and it's important that the club take the time for a root and branch review of its structure before sleepwalking into the same mistakes its made over the past few years.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
What you talking about? What manager would want a six month role? This is a unique circumstance and opportunity for Solskjaer and it's important that the club take the time for a root and branch review of its structure before sleepwalking into the same mistakes its made over the past few years.
I didn't realise that the Manchester United job was a work experience stepping stone style job, especially with the team still in the CL, the FA Cup to play for and yes, fourth place to fight for.

I'm not wumming. Moyes' achievements IN England far outweigh OGS'

OGS is a Man United legend.
A truly great player and no United fan can forget 1999.

But sentimentality must be put aside when it comes to appointing the manager ... even if it is for a 6 month period.

dove

I didn't realise that the Manchester United job was a work experience stepping stone style job, especially with the team still in the CL, the FA Cup to play for and yes, fourth place to fight for.

But sentimentality must be put aside when it comes to appointing the manager ... even if it is for a 6 month period.
Ok, who do you think we should have hired for 6 months instead?

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Quality control
If OGS was all that was available then why sack Mourinho in the first place?

Bizarre that a manager who won two Champions Leagues is sacked for a manager who relegated Cardiff for a forthcoming match with PSG in the CL.

Of course OGS jumped at the chance.
Why not?

AndyJ1985

Bizarre that a manager who won two Champions Leagues is sacked for a manager who relegated Cardiff for a forthcoming match with PSG in the CL.

Why not?
If you really need to ask why Mourinho needed to be sacked you've obviously paid no attention to what's been going on at United in the last couple years.

RepardReece

OGS is a good appointment, he should stabilise things at our club and get an attacking rhythm going ready for the permanent appointment in the summer. Stop being so negative, we had enough of this under Mourinho.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Why not?
Jose was sacked because he was becoming toxic. All of our big money signings were getting benched and we absolutely had no direction.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Ok, who do you think we should have hired for 6 months instead?
Given OGS achievements at United (and especially with the 20th anniversary of 1999 coming up)....what a terrible shame if it all goes tits up.

There's no evidence that OGS can bring anything to the table other than he's not Mourinho.

That's the reality.

beedoubleyou

Why not?
He's had two and a half seasons and was taking the club backwards.

Are you for real?

RedDevilRoshi

Why not?

Have you been paying attention to what’s been happening at this club for quite some time and the reasoning why Mourinho had to go?

dove

Given OGS achievements at United (and especially with the 20th anniversary of 1999 coming up)....what a terrible shame if it all goes tits up.

There's no evidence that OGS can bring anything to the table other than he's not Mourinho.

That's the reality.
Completely avoided my question. If you can't see why Jose simply had to be sacked, there is no point discussing anything.

RepardReece

That's the reality.
Was there any evidence that Di Matteo would bring Chelsea to the summit of football (CL)? No. Give OGS a chance, like he's not even had a game yet.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
He's had two and a half seasons and was taking the club backwards.

Are you for real?
Backwards from what?

Moyes?
Van Gaal?

I remember in 1989 people demanding the sacking 0f SAF for exactly the same reasons. Mourinho won trophies. Granted things have been bad this season and I'm not advocating that sacking him was the wrong decision, but I certainly believe that to be the case if OGS is his successor...which he is

manichester

Everybody needs fresh air at some point, the atmosphere around the club sounded toxic, Ole is the fresh air we need a smiling and friendly face instead of Mr. Grumpy.