Ole Gunnar Solskjaer | W15 D2 L4

Is Ole a good appointment?

• Total voters

BlueHaze

Chong, Gomez, Andreas? I feel they are a bit farther ahead in terms of development.
I definitely wouldn't class Chong and Gomez as more experienced they've barely played any first team football themselves mate. Pereira yes, but he seems more like a cm rather than an all out attacker. Personally I am pleased Greenwood has gotten some minutes lately, he needs the experience. I rate him higher than both Chong and Gomez. I feel like Mason has the potential to become even better than Marcus. With hard work and luck with injuries I feel like there is a top player there. He will get a goal before the season ends.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Did he get it wrong tactically though?

We had better clear cut chances than Arsenal, and conceded a shit goal that our keeper should've dealt with and another from a penalty.

This is on the players.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I definitely wouldn't class Chong and Gomez as more experienced they've barely played any first team football themselves mate. Pereira yes, but he seems more like a cm rather than an all out attacker. Personally I am pleased Greenwood has gotten some minutes lately, he needs the experience. I rate him higher than both Chong and Gomez. I feel like Mason has the potential to become even better than Marcus. With hard work and luck with injuries I feel like there is a top player there. He will get a goal before the season ends.
Greenwood was playing in the u17 not too long ago, whereas Gomes and Chong were in u23. I didn’t mean experienced as in playing first team football but moreso experiences in youth progress. I also believe Greenwood is very talented, but I feel that throwing him into this type of situation is only giving him match experience, and not actually positivly altering the team performance as he is more proficient as a striker and not the role Ole put him in today. Andreas is a creator and with two strikers already on, he might have done well today

GreatDane

We can't win them all, no doubt in my mind that Ole is still the right choice for permanent manager.

A few new signings and we're challengers next season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He’s a 70 minute man isn’t he. I prefer 60 mins for the first sub.
He made sub in the first half vs PSG, against Huddesfield he made around 45-50th min, made 2 changes. He isn't any xyz minute man. We were creating good chances and pushed Arsenal back. Just lacked the finishing touch, so he delayed the decision.

Nep77

Should have started with 4-3-3, having different formation every other game probably isn't helping us. Other than that late Sub and not substituting Rashford when he was atrocious didn't help. Saying that we created enough chances to at least get something out of this game. Anyway We cant win all and the luck wont always be on our side, main thing is the reaction next game which is more important.

roonster09

Scout
:lol:, another poster that is interested in getting an autograph from me. I might have to start charging for this. ;)
What? You think this is some blog and no one challenges your post?

You just named some random young players who didn't even play many mins for first team, somehow they were better attackers. Pereira is laughable choice considering he is midfielder.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Greenwood had some nice possession and looked like he wasn't phased by playing at that level.

I'd like to see him given 30 minutes as CF at Old Trafford in a game we're winning comfortably.

Beanz

Hitting the post twice is never a good sign. This was just one of those days to be honest. Onward and upward.

Some of our fans are really entitled, reactionary feckers though. We can't be wanting to chase out managers after every disappointing loss. We missed about 5 clear cut chances and there's nothing ole could've done about that.

I'd suggest people acquire some patience seeing as ole is staying for quite a while, and within those 10-20years we'll have such games. We move on.

Reactions: Niall

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
What? You think this is some blog and no one challenges your post?

You just named some random young players who didn't even play many mins for first team, somehow they were better attackers. Pereira is laughable choice considering he is midfielder.
He is probably a wum, Chong and Gomes have more experience than Mason? Are you kidding me?

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Didn’t get it spot on but we could’ve won that. That was far from a awful performance, poor decision making and failure to execute the final pass/finish is what cost us. Let’s remember this isn’t Ole’s squad, he’s inherited a woefully underperforming squad and completely turned it around. We’re 2/3 top drawer additions away from being title contenders

roonster09

Scout
He is probably a wum, Chong and Gomes have more experience than Mason? Are you kidding me?
Maybe pissed that Poch's team is losing a lot so he is trying to throw as much shit as possible by naming random players. Doubt he watched even single game of those players except Pereira.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Maybe pissed that Poch's team is losing a lot so he is trying to throw as much shit as possible by naming random players. Doubt he watched even single game of those players except Pereira.
And Perriera has been shit tbh, not like he has been a great revelation.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
We hit the woodwork twice and missed two sitters. Meanwhile Arsenal scored from a pot shot and penalty given from a blatant dive. You can nitpick after a every loss, but I don't think there is any point in doing it here. The manager was let down by poor finishing.

RedCurry

Needs to work on developing patterns of play when we’re in possession. Conceding so much of the ball was bound to end up in a defeat at some point. What he’s done so far is incredible but after a good pre-season I hope we will look much more cohesive team.

Ace of Spades

Needs to work on developing patterns of play when we’re in possession. Conceding so much of the ball was bound to end up in a defeat at some point. What he’s done so far is incredible but after a good pre-season I hope we will look much more cohesive team.
We had more possession than them, and completely dominated them after a slow start. No idea what you are talking about here.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Loved how he set up. Had most of the possession against a top 4 team, created the most chances and limited them to very little. Our players didn't take our chances today, and it cost us in the end. The unlucky goal, bogus penalty and a few of our players having weirdly disappointing performances lost us the game. Not tactics. Sure, I would have settled for a boring 0-0 draw this game but I'm sure most of our fans would be a bit disappointed if we didn't try to give Arsenal a run for their money. The way that we lost this game I have no problem with

Ban

Still a lot of question marks about him, today will muddy the waters a lot.
What question marks. I guess he should have a 100 percent record or be better in xG. I guess you've been having question marks from the day one?

roonster09

Scout
We had more possession than Arsenal.

RedCurry

We had more possession than them, and completely dominated them after a slow start. No idea what you are talking about here.
We dominated possession once they went ahead and tried to defend in numbers. But as soon as they pressed us, we passed the ball straight to them. There’s virtually no hold up play from anyone except maybe Lukaku on a couple of occasions. It is so easy to dispossess us at the moment and we’ve looked disjointed today.

Canagel

One of the best performances this season. Small margins went against us and the subs were a bit late but I'm really proud of how we played. In a big away game it's been a long while since we forced team to respect us with their approach.

Last edited:

Ban

We dominated possession once they went ahead and tried to defend in numbers. But as soon as they pressed us, we passed the ball straight to them. There’s virtually no hold up play from anyone except maybe Lukaku on a couple of occasions. It is so easy to dispossess us at the moment and we’ve looked disjointed today.
We had more possession most of the game and Actually hold up play has been good.

Shinjch

Don't think he got it wrong today .Conceded a freak goal and a bad call on a penalty.

Only thing I would question is bringing Matic back in for Scott.

Ace of Spades

We had more possession than them throughout the game, the only time we struggled was at the start. The problem was our finishing, not our passing or overall play.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Can't remember the last time we lost against a big team whilst (mostly) remaining competitive throughout... So in that regard we've come a long way