"Ole is building a squad for next manager". Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
That was said many times in his defence. That he is doing great job in rebuilding and that next manager will have a team for title challenge.
So did he do it and how?

Positive things:
Buying Varane, Sancho, Bruno and Donny. Those 4 will be first team players in every system and under every manager.
Buying Diallo was a smart move too.
Shaw reached full potential (don't judge him on these last 2 months). Telles is pretty good backup.
Greenwood reached higher level. Not full potential but so far so good.
He kept Bailly and Lindelof who are good cover.

Negative things:
No9 position. He sold Lukaku (who IS one of top no9s in Europe) and bought Cavani and Ronaldo who are solution only for next season and that is it.
Didn't promote any player except Greenwood.
Rashford little bit stagnated. Martial not a shadow of a player anymore.
Awb and Maguire will be huge problem for next manager. Awb can't play in attacking system and Harry as a captain and 80mil player will must play and lets be honest, he is not the man for playing in high line.

So did he built good or not?

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Can’t believe he sold Lukaku and now we have Ronaldo and Cavani.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Maguire can't play high line because he is slow is the most FM/FIFA thing you will see. Players like Hummels, Pique played highline and they were not quick.

Also no manager will leave finished squad for the next manager, there will always be a position that you need to strengthen.

Also Rashford didn't stagnate, he had 2 of his best seasons under Ole, Martial also had best or second best season but then had terrible season.

He should have played Laird more instead of retaining Dalot and also trimmed the squad by selling players like Lingard.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think the best way to do this is to compare the squad of Jose to what is left now.

I can't be arsed to type it all up but I'd say yes we are better off.

I'd be surprised if anyone said otherwise?

Hummels is really similar to Maguire in that he can defend in a high line pressing side because he gets super tight and is incredibly physical.

The speed of the full backs is more important in this set-up and obviously a sweeper keeper :nervous:

FattyFooty

Yeah. Cant belive how he was stupid enugh to get us Ronaldo and Cavani.

ShoePolish

Awb and Maguire will be huge problem for next manager. Awb can't play in attacking system and Harry as a captain and 80mil player will must play and lets be honest, he is not the man for playing in high line.
Very debatable how much say he had in these 2 transfers. IIRC, we were linked with them heavily before he came in (Maguire defo, not sure about AWB), to a point, where he probably pretty much would have had to scupper done deals if he didn't want them.
Getting rid of Lukaku was best thing he probably did, considering the amount of money we got for a dud, unwanted and increasingly unhappy player, who might have gone into sulk mode or just wouldn't have a place in team following season, bringing his value down massively.

AFC NimbleThumb

Maguire can't play high line because he is slow is the most FM/FIFA thing you will see. Players like Hummels, Pique played highline and they were not quick.

Also no manager will leave finished squad for the next manager, there will always be a position that you need to strengthen.

Also Rashford didn't stagnate, he had 2 of his best seasons under Ole, Martial also had best or second best season but then had terrible season.

He should have played Laird more instead of retaining Dalot and also trimmed the squad by selling players like Lingard.
The way you’ve defended Maguire in recent days really puts into perspective how irrational your dislike for certain other players. We get it, you rate him highly but lumping those that don’t into ‘insert category here’ really is tiresome. Hummels & Pique were a different grade lad.

Stacks

That was said many times in his defence. That he is doing great job in rebuilding and that next manager will have a team for title challenge.
So did he do it and how?

Positive things:
Buying Varane, Sancho, Bruno and Donny. Those 4 will be first team players in every system and under every manager.
Buying Diallo was a smart move too.
Shaw reached full potential (don't judge him on these last 2 months). Telles is pretty good backup.
Greenwood reached higher level. Not full potential but so far so good.
He kept Bailly and Lindelof who are good cover.

Negative things:
No9 position. He sold Lukaku (who IS one of top no9s in Europe) and bought Cavani and Ronaldo who are solution only for next season and that is it.
Didn't promote any player except Greenwood.
Rashford little bit stagnated. Martial not a shadow of a player anymore.

So did he built good or not?
Donny has showed nothing and is easily replaced so I am sure many managers will feel the same. Got better the longer he hasn't played

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
The way you’ve defended Maguire in recent days really puts into perspective how irrational your dislike for certain other players. We get it, you rate him highly but lumping those that don’t into ‘insert category here’ really is tiresome. Hummels & Pique were a different grade lad.
With posts like this?

Maguire and Shaw stunk up the pitch almost every game this season, terrible season by both of them. Looks like pub players.
Captain disaster. What a shit season he is having.
Very poor today, terrible mistake in the first half that led to West Ham chance, wanders all over the pitch randomly and his passing is so poor. Even the completed passes to Shaw are so hard to control.

Or is it because of your irrational hatred for Maguire, you think I'm defending Maguire when all I have done is post "He isn't shit, he is having shit season".

Also get a fecking clue, I didn't say Maguire is as good as Hummels and Pique, it's an example of slower players playing in high line.

Amir

Very debatable how much say he had in these 2 transfers. IIRC, we were linked with them heavily before he came in (Maguire defo, not sure about AWB), to a point, where he probably pretty much would have had to scupper done deals if he didn't want them.
Anyone who remembers the period of negotiatons for those two knows they were NOT done deals in any way.

With posts like this?

Or is it because of your irrational hatred for Maguire, you think I'm defending Maguire when all I have done is post "He isn't shit, he is having shit season".

Also get a fecking clue, I didn't say Maguire is as good as Hummels and Pique, it's an example of slower players playing in high line.
All fair comments them.

And to be fair, Ronaldo aside is there anyone in this side not having an absolutely shit season?

tomaldinho1

No need to knock him anymore than already has been done. He’s been no better or worse than other managers with transfers, some hits and misses with huge amounts of money spent.

pacifictheme

Rashford played for 2 full seasons under ole, scoring over 20 goals in both, something he never did before, while suffering injuries and playing through them in both seasons. Yet that counts as stagnating.

What a truly crap opening post on that opinion alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.