Ole: Man-management is my passion

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

izec

He needs to bring in better coaches to make the next step if he wants to challenge for the big trophies.

tomaldinho1

Some very honest quotes from Ole. It's one of the most important qualities but I do think if that's one of the biggest factors you bring to the table you also need to have some very experienced coaches as well.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...-league-fiasco-and-his-man-management-secrets

Confirms what most people on both sides of the Ole debate thought thought - that's why the coaching choices are weird. Pert actually has done it the hard way and has loads of different experience but Carrick/McKenna are very light on anything that would be different to what players at club already know, given they have never worked with a different senior team.

Main priority is finding someone who can coach an organised press - someone posted that metric of comparisons between Ole/Mou and we're worse than we were under Mou in that aspect which is shocking. This season is impacted by covd but that's an area we can quickly improve on.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Surprised he mentioned Fletcher. Do Technical Directors work on the pitch?

Sweet Square

Ole needs to add more XP points to play style and philosophy. Maxing out one bar is always asking for trouble.

R'hllor

Dont think anyone in here can have a go or did have a go at Ole when it comes to his man management, specially if you compare it to previous classless prick we had in charge.

RUCK4444

Confirming what we knew really. Good to get it from the horses mouth though for the Ole-Doubters that at least he knows his limitations and accepts he needs better coaches alongside him.

That in itself isn't a major fault, I think most would agree the primary job for a modern manager is man-management. It's a trait you can't really teach and a vital one.

Sir Alex did precisely the same. What he did do though is bring in experienced and quality coaches, the question mark is whether the coaches Ole has with him are the required level. What I would say is that we are improving, we have shown we can beat top sides and score lots of goals, so the signs are good.

Also perhaps it could be a good thing for us in the long run if the coaches and Ole strike up a long term partnership and develop together from relatively early on in their careers. We have Mike Phelan with experience, when he moves on I would be keen to see another experienced head come in.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He sticking to what he's good at. Delegate the coaching sessions to good coaches and maybe we'll go far.

ThinkTank@Cafe

Man management is the most important and valuable skill for the manager of a football club. That’s why I supported Ole all the way since his 15 games run after Mourinho was sacked. The team was in deep coma. Man management skills also important for transfer. Ole saved tens of millions for the club selecting right people for the job.

We need more of Queiroz type signings to our staff.

Mainoldo

Can he delegate memebers to pick the formation and team, make the subs and get a writing team for his post match interviews.

Great stuff.

hobbers

Backs up how shite our coaching department choices are then.

Chosen for nepotism rather than for actual proven ability or even experience. Much like how Fletcher got his promotion.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Can he delegate memebers to pick the formation and team, make the subs and get a writing team for his post match interviews.

Great stuff.
Christ mate! We have won 5 in a row :lol: let’s have some positivity for a change.

Halftrack

Great stuff.
I don't really get why your low-effort shitposting is tolerated, but whatever.

tjb

That's actually impressive and honest as hell. It also means that he is more likely to cater to his tactical shortcomings with help from outside if he feels the need arises.

Its a stark contrast from what we had with both Mourinho and Van Gaal. At certain clubs man management is more important and I think that's the case at both Madrid and United. Having a manager that develops relations with both fans and players while upholding the image of the club.

arnie_ni

He needs to bring in better coaches to make the next step if he wants to challenge for the big trophies.
This. He's been brilliant at handling the players, improving the squad etc.

One world class coach could do wonders.

meamth

Then he should hire entire City coaching team then to be first in the league. Look where we're at, 2nd and credits to those coaches right now.

The amount of disrespect here...damn.

OleBoiii

I don't really get why your low-effort shitposting is tolerated, but whatever.
I'm convinced that he has dirt on some of the admins in here and is blackmailing them to not get banned. He's worse than Schmeichel's Cartwheel and he got banned for his shite posts.