Ole named Manager of the Month

redmanx

The only times I can remember a United manager being close to deserving it was Mourinho back in August 2017 (lost to Wagner) and LVG in March 2015 (lost to Wenger). We've had some pretty shite managers haven't we :lol:
Looking back over the time Ive been supporting United, Wilf McGuiness was given an impossible job following Sir Matt and nearly ended up a basket case, but he started well enough. Frank O'Farrell was the Moyes of his day, out of his depth and league at a club like Manchester United. Tommy Doc was a great short fix and won the 2nd Division and the FA Cup but like Mourhino tended to implode after 3 seasons. Dave Sexton could only manage to win the Charity Shield, but he was the Louis Van Gaal of his day, all tactics at the expense of flair. Van Gaal won the FA Cup and Mourinho the Europa League, League Cup (or what ever its now called) and the Charity Shield. But on the plus side, there was Sir Matt, Big Ron and SAF.....and maybe now OGS?

shahzy

i wrote this on the instagram post UTD made but ill try summarising it here as i think it makes some key points.
Ole' is a guy we've always heard was liked by many. This photo gives us an insight of that, they say many master leaders throughout history try to give praise and make people around them feel important. This makes the person so much more likeable which in turn makes the people under the leader try that much harder for him and builds a sense of loyalty.

You can see all aspects of that with Ole. Even though it says "manager of the month" he knows it's a team sport and everyone of the coaches had a part to play and has given them the spotlight and therefore praised them. Seems like such a simple thing but its things like this that make people like you.

Reactions: jojojo

minoo-utd

Haven't won this since SAF. Ole will win the P.L for us it's written in the stars.

Glow

Congratulation to Ole.

If he also becomes Manager of the Month for February, then I will give him the permanent job.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Then gives Phil Jones a new 5 year contract. Take the award away from him.

Fracture90

Deservedly so! And Ole being Ole he said the award belongs to all of the coaching staff!