Ole post match rant vs Everton

Foxbatt

He has every right to be angry about the scheduling. It’s not on.

Seems strange to complain now though after a win when you have played diabolically badly on other game days with more rest.
It is probably to do with the injuries. Shaw is out and he said even Bruno is having problems and Lindelof looks to be limping too. It takes a lot even for professional players to play like that with just a day's rest. They come back on Thursday night and then play on Saturday noon kick off. It is just one day's rest. The body's circadian rhythm can play havoc with the traveling and time change. So they need a couple of days to recover fully.

siw2007

Nothing wrong with that, good on him for calling out the scheduling. There is a tact in naming Rashford and Shaw as injury concerns as it gets the FA and Southgate's back's up as well against the ones who decided the TV schedule.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Make no mistake, had this been Jose, Klopp or Pep we'd be tearing them to shreds for losing their cool and moaning/ making excuses. In fact, we've done the same to Fat Rafa and Keegan in the past.

Chelsea had the same situation last week after flying out to Russia and then having a 3pm Saturday kick off against Burnley.

He just needs to focus on keeping his job and not on external factors which he has little to no control over.
He's speaking after a win, it's not like he's making excuses. Jose and Rafa and Keegan did this after they had lost, hence why people made fun of them because it sounded like making excuses.

Just because he has no control over it, doesn't mean no one should complain about this horrible scheduling. And yes every team that suffers from it, not only us, is getting short changed and have a right to raise their voice against it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Agree with those saying he's right, but he doesn't pull it off with the alpha confidence Fergie would.

Happy he did it though.

United Hobbit

I'll watch it in a bit as watching something else at present but hope he gets that angry at underperforming players...

Guv77

Can you blame him, probably read all of the Everton will win posts on here before the game.

Stig

Make no mistake, had this been Jose, Klopp or Pep we'd be tearing them to shreds for losing their cool and moaning/ making excuses. In fact, we've done the same to Fat Rafa and Keegan in the past.

Chelsea had the same situation last week after flying out to Russia and then having a 3pm Saturday kick off against Burnley.

He just needs to focus on keeping his job and not on external factors which he has little to no control over.
Yep. User name checks out.

hubbuh

Maybe he should of told Ed to buy more players then for rotation? Fans can blame the board all they want, but does Ole? No he'll rather have a moan at the authorities.
How on earth would we know? He can beg Woodward all he wants, it's obviously not the simple. Would you rather he lambasted them in public and create the worlds biggest shit storm for the club? C'mon, be fair.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Cracked?? So now speaking the truth is equal to cracking!!

Everything he's said is totally spot on. Why does a team that's travelled the breadth of the continent on Wednesday night playing Saturday afternoon? Especially when they can easily play on Sunday.
When I heard we were playing lunch time on Saturday I thought this is crazy after a Wed CL. Nothing cracked about this. I think the powers that be wanted a big match on Saturday, ours, and a big match on Sunday, Liv vs City. That's the only way you can explain the our scheduled match.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Felt premeditated and the sort of thing Fergie would do if he wanted to distract the media. We played well though, so it was a bit jarring. Perhaps he is trying to develop a sense of siege mentality with the squad?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Smart play from Ole here, he's trying to make all the attention on it so people can talk about it later rather than talking about the rumour of Pochettino and why our players can't perform consistent enough.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Was a brilliant post match interview and was completely honest and blunt in calling out the shit scheduling.

Matriac

Your ability to talk shit and desire to somehow big up Poch is both fascinating and worrying.
Amadeus is obviously a meme troll account. Whatever opportunity he gets he posts something pro Poch, even when we are on winning runs. I found it entertaining at first but had to put him on ignore.

izec

Looks helpless. It wont save him the job at the end of the season. He should look to hire someone helping him in possession if he can't sort it out himself.

Marcus

It looked calculated. Doing it after a win is absolutely the right time to complain.

Fooza

How on earth would we know? He can beg Woodward all he wants, it's obviously not the simple. Would you rather he lambasted them in public and create the worlds biggest shit storm for the club? C'mon, be fair.
in my opinion mate, if your board hasn't backed you in the window and we end up getting injuries and falling because of a hectic schedule. You can blame the authorities all you want but the real reason we end up falling is because of the club. I don't care whether he has told Ed or not personally, but he shouldn't be blaming anyone and should be looking closer to home.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
It bally well is. And I’m pretty sure Fox is Ole out? (apologies if I’m wrong)

Your hyperbole is being called out, and rightly so.
I disagree, but it's fine, on we go. Not sure where though, still waiting to hear.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
No issue with what he said or his tone. We did WIN....the game after all. But some people are arrogent, rude, disrespectful and even want us to lose so he gets sacked. Thats where many people are but its a difficult period with no supporters. People are losing the plot and are incredibly bipolar. Sort it out...because some people sound like Madrid fans. Some are beyond spoilt and are an embarassment. Be rational. Its a valid point he makes and if you make a point you believe in you will be annoyed...Get over your agenda

dove

It has been happening for years and not only us, FA/PL just don't give a shite about it as long as broadcasters pay them money. I don't think it would have changed much if we played a few hours later, it's just an interview to move the attention away from our performances lately.

Will Singh

Apparently we've made contact with Poch if reports are to be believed. It's just whether we will actually pull the trigger, or this win will buy Ole more time to delay the inevitable. We'll have to wait and see I suppose.
If we've spoken to Poch then this result should not make any difference because taking the stop of speaking to an replacement should mean it's a matter of when not lets see how it goes!

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
He has a point but it’s always been the case at the big clubs. We shouldn’t have been playing 12:30 on Saturday.
Yeah, it's always been like it.

Excuses

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Ole is perfect for this board though. He knows he is incredibly fortunate to be managing a club like Utd and will never make any trouble. Poch (or any other competent manager) will be demanding transfers and changes. Shame but hopefully we make the right decisions and give ourselves a chance to get something from this season.

As for the rant, unnecessary and it looks like he has been planning this for a while. Just to get his own back after failing twice and having the press get on his back. Desperate times call for desperate measures, as they say.
Yeah he's a lighting rod for them. Fans will unquestionably back him, he'll keep them sweet by harping on about the past, whilst the board get to do what they like. Perfect as you say. I'm the same as you, we've all seen this before, it would be nice to be proactive for once.

Yeah he's being very clever by taking the narrative away from his future. And getting a dig back at the press for good measure.

James Peril

Absolutely right message, but who does he think he is? That’s what the FA will think when handling our next appeal of some sort. Everyone else deals with this, it’s the punishment for being a big club, it also creates interesting games for the lesser clubs. And if Shaw is off because he played on Thursday, why the hell are you playing him on a Saturday morning?

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
If we've spoken to Poch then this result should not make any difference because taking the stop of speaking to an replacement should mean it's a matter of when not lets see how it goes!
I know that, but this is Utd under Woodward we're talking about. He changes his mind like the weather it seems.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
It is probably to do with the injuries. Shaw is out and he said even Bruno is having problems and Lindelof looks to be limping too. It takes a lot even for professional players to play like that with just a day's rest. They come back on Thursday night and then play on Saturday noon kick off. It is just one day's rest. The body's circadian rhythm can play havoc with the traveling and time change. So they need a couple of days to recover fully.
Yeah, he is definitely right to have a go about it bearing in mind the obvious physical toll.