Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Some fans are applying the same logic to this as they do transfers. Hanging on every Romano tweet, getting desperate for the magic bullet.

It's a big decision and sounding out new managers should take time. They want the right man and, by delaying the inevitable they'd let Ole see out a tough couple of weeks and give a new manager an easier run to kick off the new manager bounce.

Plus, if they're not sold on the options available they might need to be thinking about caretakers and end of season candidates. It's not like they can expect to swoop in flashing the cash and get whoever they want immediately.
If its about time, they still need to sack Ole now and hire a care taker in the meantime. He has lost the dressing room ffs and there are so much toxicity around the club and Ole atm.

Flytan

Who said anything about learning from Ole??

Ole would manage the squad, not coach the squad. That's the coaches job.

Coaches would come in and coach the players and teach them what to do whilst Ole would manage the squad.
Surely you're joking at this point right? The levels you will go to absolve him of any responsibility is frightening. Seriously are you part of our board?

crossy1686

career ending
I don't buy that. They don't have a plan B in place and they have been caught out.

Just as I expected he's not getting sacked as the board is clueless and frankly gutless. He will have until the international break in the hope he turns it around.

If he wins 2 out of the next 3 he's staying the season or until we can't make top 4. Said it a few times on here, they're writing this season off
This is tin foil hat stuff. For some reason people like to presume the worst scenario possible then believe it as the truth because they didn’t get what they wanted.

How about we just wait and see what happens when we have these next couple of tough games out of the way and we have some winnable fixtures?

A new manager will be appointed and Solskjaer will be gone. He’s already lost the dressing room, there’s leaks all over the place. This isn’t quietly going to go away and he’ll still be here next season. Stop acting as if everything is definitive, he’s staying today, but he could be gone tomorrow.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Surely you're joking at this point right? The levels you will go to absolve him of any responsibility is frightening. Seriously are you part of our board?
You clearly don't understand what I'm trying to say here.

Ole and his coaches clearly aren't working.

The club, it seems do not want to sack Ole.

So, why not do the next best thing and get some new coaches in?

Leg-End

We shall all watch the Spurs game like it’s some sort of sex masochism.

MUFC OK

With the news that he somehow, miraculously will be given more time, I'm off here for a while - at least until GS is gone.

Think I need to protect my mental health on this one, can't have something as trivial as football putting me in moods like this and causing such dispair. Didn't need to put this in writing but otherwise I'd probably creep back onto here. Good luck all.

Revan

Assumptionman
If he was a bad manager he wouldn't have made it to 1000 games, he'd have stopped after 1 or 2 jobs like Neville and Ince. If the choice was Carrick, Fletcher, Giggs or Bruce for a couple of games I would go with Bruce.
Bad manager does not mean really bad, as in terrible. It means that he is a bad manager for a top club.

Similarly, when people say 'Jones is a bad player' they do not literally mean that he hs worse than us, or bad to play in Sunday league. Just that he is bad to be a United player.

If the choice is between them, it literally does not matter who takes it. Neither of them are good enough.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
If you don’t have a listing of suitable replacements and a good idea as to their cost and availability then the business that is your football club hasn’t maintained a succession plan, which in business operating terms is not just poor but completely unforgivable.
I'm sure there is a list but what if the names on that list are already employed elsewhere? This sort of sh*t can't happen in an instant.

Jose needed removing immediately due to the toxic environment he was creating. Ole is a safe pair of hands till a replacement is found. A smooth transition is better if possible.

Highfather_24

It's been posted and explained. We get it bro you don't like Conte, you don't have to keep posting about it in every thread
What has been explained exactly?

I have put my stance on Conte and its a mixed one. I think he is a good candidate(probably the best available one) with some drawbacks(CL, competition with Guardiola/Klopp, style of play). I would take him over Ten Hag for now, which you cant say for most of this forum.

BorisManUtd

He may stay until International break, enough time for club to think about options for new manager. Think there were doubts if he could continue after performances like against Leicester, but they never expected a defeat as huge and humiliating as that 5-0 trashing was, so they want to take some time now to look at possible replacements.

Don't think Ole's there for more than 3 games. Whoever is manager we're probably losing to City, but think our chances would've been bigger against Spurs and Atalanta if we sacked Ole before those games. This way, it's a draw at best vs Spurs and who knows what happens against Atalanta, I'd be happy with a draw, though a win would be great of course.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Could be 11 points off the top on Saturday evening with all our rivals having winnable games, it does seem as usual we’re going to wait until the top 4 is a major doubt or impossible before we pull the trigger.

DutchCruijff

Is this some sort of a joke?

The players are actively undermining the coach via leaks, they haven't been playing for him for quite some time now, leaks of players confronting him, saying he is tactically incompetent and...he's been sacked...this on top of the disastrous results?

Jesus WEPT!

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
I'll just stop going and spend time with my daughter instead.

Call me a glory hunter if you want, I'm past caring really. I can stomach the not winning, having been to every home game apart from 5 in the 8 years since Fergie retired I've probably been pissed off more than 50% of the 3 hour journeys home so I'm used to it. It's the complete lack of effort of not even bothering to compete is where I draw the line. I'm not wasting any more of my life until the club show they at least want to fecking win. That's the bare minimum standard any club should set, we don't for some reason.
Don't disagree at all.

When it affects your personal state of mind too much, absolutely the best thing to do is remove yourself from it and focus on things that being calm, joy.

I started jogging last year to give me an "out" when things weren't going well (not just United) and helps me.. mentally as well as obvious physical benefits, as I forget other shit and jog/listen to music.

My family laugh at me and say "it's only football" forgetting United have been part of my life for over 40 years. That's hard to just laugh and shrug off?

Hope you get to chill and feel (mentally) better. We'll be back.

Lentwood

Why do people seem to think Ole won't be sacked? There is this theory floating around that the Glazers are happy with mediocrity, which I find nuts to be honest. We have spent £450m net over the last few transfer windows, do people HONESTLY believe that the Glazers do this because they love Utd, or because they want to see results on the pitch?

Let's just calm down for one second. Clearly, Ole has to go and I believe he will go...but what sense does sacking him this week make? We have Spurs (A), Atalanta (A) and City (H) coming up, followed by an International break, then a winnable game against Watford.

Surely, it makes sense to sound out our managerial targets, have two weeks to think about what we do/who we approach and then make our move after we get spanked by City? That way, the new manager has two weeks to get into Carrington, start to meet some of the players and staff and then hopefully get us off to a winning start against a beatable side

Sparky Rhiwabon

Liverpool fans happy klopp took his foot off the gas for sure.

Wonder if pep does the same
8/9 nil and the Board would have had no option. 5-0 can be spun as a gritty second half performance and Ole still has the dressing room. Smart from Klopp.

reelworld

I'm sure there is a list but what if the names on that list are already employed elsewhere? This sort of sh*t can't happen in an instant.

Jose needed removing immediately due to the toxic environment he was creating. Ole is a safe pair of hands till a replacement is found. A smooth transition is better if possible.
If you mean losing games as safe hands, then sure

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Abysmal. Fluke a result against Spurs/ City and he'll guarantee his job till the end of the season, no doubt. We are an absolute mess. How can no one at the top be able to discern performances have been shite for ages and we're going nowhere fast. No other top club would indulge this level of incompetence.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
If he's given even one more game, we are a laughing stock. What a joke.

EyeToldYou

I can see it now.

Ole gets sacked the day after giving poor Donny his long awaited start against Spurs, which we still end up losing.

The Urban Goose

I've now changed my view and think is time is at an end. Give him Spurs and City, then unless he wins both of those it's time for the big goodbye. Give it to McKenna until June, then go all in for ten Hag.

crossy1686

career ending
Because the club is an absolute embarrassment. It’s just so embarrassing to be a fan of this team at the moment.
Why do you even care?

Do you think it would be more or less embarrassing to sack Solskjaer now and bring in Conte so he can struggle against Spurs, Atalanta and City? Or shall we just wait for the international break and give him the start he deserves?

People full blown panicking because some rival fans are laughing at us, like we’re imminently about to get relegated…

ArjenIsM3

I think if we don't beat Spurs he's gone. But I'm not convinced about Conte. Don't see any good options available right now. Conte is a madman, Zidane doesn't seem to want the job but I'm not convinced about his ability either. Difficult decision for the club.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Surely that's more about having no contingency plan and working on an ad hoc basis. If he's lost the dressing room, which seems to be very public now, there is no going back.

Status
Not open for further replies.