Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

Why is Fergie still being listened to, he was responsible for picking Moyes and now Ole. These decisions have been disastrous for us.
Wasn’t the first choice though? Spoke to Pep in New York who had agreed to join Bayern and Klop turned us down.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
People don’t have to travel or pay money to go to the upcoming away games if they don’t want to, in fact I would advise against it if people are worried that Solskjaer is going to keep his job based on match going support.

Because maybe it takes time to get things into place also? If Conte was to be hired, he’s going to want to bring his own coaching staff, potentially 6 people with him. That’s a lot of contracts to sort and agents to speak to. Even if we did sack Solskjaer right now, we wouldn’t have a new manager in place for a couple of weeks anyway. Let’s just get it right instead of fecking panicking, some of you have some real control issues up in here.
Of course they don't have to, but it's mad to suggest they should just not bother until the club does something. Absurd thing to do to your fans or even customers.

OK I am not really on board with Conte, but being manager agnostic - with the assumption they're ready to come in. The fact they might bring staff, contracts, etc. and take a long time is surely even more reason to get them in ASAP.

reddevil1510

It is certain now. He will win those 3 games and come back with some snarky comments. New contract time for Ole then !!

El Zoido

How can the board have the nerve to sit there and still favour Pochettino when we could of bloody well had him before he joined PSG, he was there free waiting and available, they CHOSE not to go with him, absolute joke
Haven’t some of the decision makers changed since then? Eg. Fletcher wasn’t in his role when Ole was appointed.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What is the correct thing out of interest?
Well overall it would be replacing the board but there's no chance of that.

Currently it would be sacking the manager immediately to prevent any further damage.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Look at it this way, whatever way it goes, there's going to be an end to this mood/mess soon.

We get a rocket up the ass and we start actually playing well and everyone is happy and we climb the table.

Or

We lose a few more matches and Ole inevitably gets the sack.

It can't and won't go on like this until the end of the season. So either way there'll be an ending in some form or another before December I suspect.

Revan

Assumptionman
Because SAF literally is Man Utd. Shame that it seems people are turning on SAF.
I wouldn't go as low as calling him names, but it is absolutely idiotic to listen to him at this stage. The clueless board hired Moyes and Ole because of his recommendation, that is 4 years and 500M gone without a trophy (to not even mention the long-term consequences). Half of the miserable time since he left has happened to large degree cause of his recommendation.

His role at United should be the same as Beckenbauer's role was in Bayern during his last few years. A loveable, but completely ignorable, grandpa.

Ole90+3

This discussion won‘t stop from now on. Even if he wins against Spurs and City. As soon as United drop some „expected“ points - vs. Watford for example - it will directly start again.

Players are going to hide behind that as well, whether consciously or unconsciously.
Yeah a lot of these players are cowards as well. They won't accept shouldering the blame for these performances; they now have the perfect excuse for playing like shit.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
It's just soooo weird. What do you mean they don't have possible candidates on the table?

If I were in their position, I'd constantly seek for some improvement in every aspect on and off the pitch. A professional would have a short-term and a long-term plan for achieving their goals - how to win the league, how to win more trophies, which players are needed NOW and which ones are filling the gaps in 2-3 years time. Same with managers, coaching staff etc.

I'd understand it all if we were a small club - it's quite difficult for Norwich to select the best managers, coaches and players, but we have lots of money, the stature and brand which supports us massively.

Even if they had no clue, just take a look at Redcafe and see what's hot. Gaultier, ten Hag, Conte, Potter, Hasenhüttl, Rodgers and Enrique. Just take a look at football and see which teams are jumping over their shadow or being superb. Nothing difficult, just do some analysis, make contact, tell that you are calling from Manchester United and you can manage in CL, you have Ronaldo, Bruno and Varane in your squad.

It seems like the incompetence and the lack of testicles is just screaming out loud. Glazers and their personnel has wrapped a huge clitoris around this club.

MasterCode

[
I do not think this is true at all. We spent around 250M with Van Gaal, around 300M with Mourinho, 65M with Moyes, and around 420M with Ole.
Jose was 363 million that doesn't include the 25m Ibra contract. This illusion Jose wasn't backed is a lie. Also you have to remember the Market for Gaal isn't the market we have today. Inflation in football year on year has been insane. We have backed every single manager.

Ole90+3

Well overall it would be replacing the board but there's no chance of that.

Currently it would be sacking the manager immediately to prevent any further damage.
Leaving who as manager?

Appointing a manager is probably the most important decision a football club has to make, not something that should be rushed.

I hope this time round the board actually take the time to find the right man with the right vision; if that means waiting until the end of the season then so be it. I'd rather Ole as the manager until then than risking Fletcher or Carrick

Kopral Jono

It's utterly baffling how often the club don't do the correct thing. You'd think once in a while by accident they would.
First came Moyes and now this. It hurts me to say this but chances are it was Fergie who vetoed the sacking. This isn't a slight on the great man but to have a strong stance that history will repeat itself with Ole like it did with Fergie 30-plus years ago is wishful thinking at best and delusional at worst.

Rolaholic

He'd step down if he had self respect and really loved the club like he says but it didn't sound like he's got it in him after his post match interview saying how far he, not the club, has come...

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I don’t think I can stomach watching us until he goes. Even if we win, it’ll just be another false dawn which only delays the inevitable even more.
It's a "false dawn" if you only look at the results and not the play. Leeds was the only good game this season and we rarely played good football last year as well.

Revan

Assumptionman
Wasn’t the first choice though? Spoke to Pep in New York who had agreed to join Bayern and Klop turned us down.
He spoke to Pep, but did not offer him the job, or mention that he would be first choice. We made no contact with Klopp till after we sacked Moyes. We made no contact with Mourinho, we made no contact with Ancelotti.

Also, he made it clear in his book that Moyes not only was always the first choice, but it was not even discussed in the board that they would consider someone else.

Only when things went terribly wrong, he changed his tune, and even changed the Moyes chapter on his book. And then recommended Ole.

He should not be listened to. He should not have been listened back then.

Flexdegea

I'm calling bullshit no way we are looking at him, absolute disaster by end of spurs run and average at best at PSG.

He will never deliver us a title in a million years
I'm calling bullshit no way we are looking at him, absolute disaster by end of spurs run and average at best at PSG.

He will never deliver us a title in a million years

Maticmaker

Yes Ole is a nice guy and has red and white running in his veins, he scored the most important goal ever for this club (treble winner) and the one intelligent thing the owners did do was to bring him in as an interim manager. That part (of the up to then, pitiful poor succession planning)went well, but then it went too far, and started to unravel, especially as more experienced players arrived at the club
Ironically the closer that Ole got to improving things the more difficult the management job became for him it is clear he is out of his depth now, and for him there is quite simply no coming back from Black Sunday (as all my relatives have started to refer to it as!).
I hope he and the club can reach an understanding and he can depart amicably.

Suppose we have to wait for the american contingent to catch up and the Stock market open there before any major announcements.

ShinjiNinja26

If he’s lost the dressing room then the players will simply down tools for the Spurs game knowing one more defeat will be the final straw. So what’s the fecking point?

Shark

@NotShark
Leaving who as manager?

Appointing a manager is probably the most important decision a football club has to make, not something that should be rushed.

I hope this time round the board actually take the time to find the right man with the right vision; if that means waiting until the end of the season then so be it. I'd rather Ole as the manager until then than risking Fletcher or Carrick
Many feel this should have been done much further back, many have seen Sunday coming miles and miles off. Now the fans that have had their heads buried in the sand can tolerate some more time when others simply can't take anymore.

AndySmith1990

Such an incompetent club. It's very sad to see no lessons are ever learned. Expecting a loss to Spurs followed by another chance for Ole, then a 5 year contract extension for Lingard just for good measure.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Leaving who as manager?

We could try to get a manager on a contract til the end of the season. Or 18 months. Chelsea got Tuchel for 18 months initially.

Keeping Ole til the end of this week is suicidal let alone the end of the season. Have you seen how open we are? I was genuinely concerned the PL record win was going to be broken on Sunday.

JB7

A performance like the one on Sunday does not merit an applause. I'm sure you can understand those seriously questioning why one was given.
It was 15-20 minutes of "we'll be running round Old Trafford with 20, singing we knocked the scousers off their perch" on repeat, it had literally nothing at all to do with that game so I don't see where you seem to get the impression the players were given a standing ovation.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
[

Jose was 363 million that doesn't include the 25m Ibra contract. This illusion Jose wasn't backed is a lie. Also you have to remember the Market for Gaal isn't the market we have today. Inflation in football year on year has been insane. We have backed every single manager.
Exactly. Not sure how anyone can even argue about backing. Everyone spent shit loads of money.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If the players have lost him he has to go. This is just poor management from the Glazers. Chelsea and Bayern pull the trigger so quick when things get choppy.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
It's been posted and explained. We get it bro you don't like Conte, you don't have to keep posting about it in every thread
Yes but why do we want that kind of football here?

Don't give me the "anything is better than Ole" comment. Give me one good reason why we want THAT kind of football here.

Ole90+3

Many feel this should have been done much further back, many have seen Sunday coming miles and miles off. Now the fans that have had their heads buried in the sand can tolerate some more time when others simply can't take anymore.
Of course the board should have been seeking a replacement since the start of the season but this board can not be relied on to have that type of initiative.

I'm talking about the correct thing to do, right now in this instant, with the assumption that the board have only begun contemplating replacing the manager. Imo the correct thing to do is to keep Ole until the correct replacement is found. We can't rush this next appointment.

RUCK4444

Yeah a lot of these players are cowards as well. They won't accept shouldering the blame for these performances; they now have the perfect excuse for playing like shit.
Expect this fully. I don't give a feck how bad the coaching might have been, we finished 2nd last season, you do not put in a display like Sunday, I don't care if you have no manager and you've turned up after 4 pints.

They were a disgrace, buck stops with the manager and I'm not claiming otherwise, that's why I've changed my vote on Ole, but they need to take some responsibility for that result, I don't want to hear them blame the manager for that sh*t show.

MadMike

When I asked you if you think it could be worse, I am genuinely curious to what you think could go more wrong that what Ole has overseen
I mean... it's fairly obvious in my eyes.

Up until Sunday at least the team was showing character and determination despite its obvious frailties. For example despite being very disjointed and playing poorly for periods, the team managed late wins against Villareal and Atalanta as recently as last week. The players might not know what they are doing under Ole, but they do seem to want to fight for him or the shirt at least.

Obviously that will only carry you so far. When you play against an expertly coached, cohesive, in-form, Liverpool team... then even with all the determination and good will in the world, you're still quite likely to get the pummelling you deserve for not being a team.

Now if Ole leaves and the current coaches stay under a caretaker manager, the team will not magically become more cohesive and less disjointed. That will take time either way. The only thing that might change in the short term is mood and willingness to fight. And seen as that wasn't the problem to begin with, I think that they could indeed start to lose interest and not bother until a proper manager comes in. Why would they fight for Carrick or Phelan more than they did for Ole, when they know it's only a matter of time before the caretaker is out on their arse anyway. And then we'd be in worse free-fall losing not only they games we don't expect on current form to win (Liverpool) but also the ones we do (CL group games against Atalanta and Young Boys). So yeah, it could definitely get worse imo.

ShinjiNinja26

I think Ole really is delusional enough to believe he is good enough. Other than Gattuso it seems
Or it's just about money. Can't blame him in that case it's up to the board to show him the door
He is. He already said after the Liverpool game he backs his ability. I mean come on Ole it’s finished. At least leave the club with a bit of dignity left intact.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

He'd step down if he had self respect and really loved the club like he says but it didn't sound like he's got it in him after his post match interview saying how far he, not the club, has come...
I honestly don't get this argument at all, not just for Ole but for so many managers. There would have been moments for all of us when we failed at our jobs, I know there have been for me. But it never occurred to me to quit because how can it get better if I don't believe in myself anymore? Not only for the present situation, but why would anyone give me a job in the future when they see I lost faith in myself when I experienced failure. Surely you guys don't just quit your jobs when going gets tough.

It's the job of the upper management to make the call to sack the manager, it's not for the manager to say I no longer believe in myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.