• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Getting the players back on his side is his job as a man manager. Assume Fergie is there to help out for the same reason as well. For what it's worth, I don't think any internal promotion (Fletcher / Carrick / McKenna) is going to be respected and there's no one we can get from outside that's both better than Ole and would work for a short contract. (Blanc has been mentioned but no concrete links so far)

We have to think about the next 3 years and not the next 3 games. If Conte is really the right guy for the job, sure, sack immediately and go get Conte. But if they have reservations, they should stick with Ole until they're sure and not bend to external pressure.
But what if we can’t land our top target? Conte surely should be in discussion considering he is far better option than Ole and he is available.

Flytan

Getting the players back on his side is his job as a man manager. Assume Fergie is there to help out for the same reason as well. For what it's worth, I don't think any internal promotion (Fletcher / Carrick / McKenna) is going to be respected and there's no one we can get from outside that's both better than Ole and would work for a short contract. (Blanc has been mentioned but no concrete links so far)

We have to think about the next 3 years and not the next 3 games. If Conte is really the right guy for the job, sure, sack immediately and go get Conte. But if they have reservations, they should stick with Ole until they're sure and not bend to external pressure.

Any concrete links? I've seen some folks say Blanc but no actual good caretakers.

Much rather Ole than Fletcher / Giggs / Rooney / Bruce / whoever.
I'm so tired of thinking three years into the future. The squad is built to win now. Our players are old and out of contracts soon. The time to win is now. There's some good young players that will still be good young players in a few years anyways.

At this point I'd take a reddit match thread managing our squad over ole

FatTails

Europa would be a step up for our seemingly only candidate, after he managed to finish bottom of his last CL group.
You were defending Ole till about 13 minutes ago. Now you care about doing well in the UCL? Or have any standards or expectations for that matter?

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Next time please make a song when manager has actually won something.

Teja

But what if we can’t land our top target? Conte surely should be in discussion considering he is far better option than Ole and he is available.
I'm hoping we'll know fairly quickly? We're asking him to come in next season, so if he gives commitment, the rest of the stuff (Ajax payout, His contract with Utd) can be worked out slowly.

I'm sure they'll consider Conte too.

At any rate, we'll probably know in a week or two. Either Ole till the end of season followed by Ten Hag or Conte immediately.

I'm so tired of thinking three years into the future. The squad is built to win now. Our players are old and out of contracts soon. The time to win is now. There's some good young players that will still be good young players in a few years anyways.

At this point I'd take a reddit match thread managing our squad over ole
Yes but if they're not happy with Conte (and plenty of reasons to not be happy, even the Caf is divided 50-50 on him) we shouldn't be stuck with him for another 3 years..

Real Name

How can the board watch all the rival fans mock us and being beyond happy cause we're keeping him, Liverpool fans singing Ole at the wheel at Old Trafford and still keep him.

Spoony

The People's President
I think Liverpool's bootroom is a good comparison, that said it worked well in the 80s with Paisley, Fagan and Dalglish continuing their success before things going tits up in the 90s.

Dobba

You were defending Ole till about 13 minutes ago. Now you care about doing well in the UCL? Or have any standards or expectations for that matter?
People want Ole gone now, rather than in 3 games time, because the mere prospect of being out of the Champions League at the group stage again is too much to bear. Seems utterly bizarre to hold this view and want a guy who finished third and bottom in his last two CL campaigns, despite the advantage of being a genius tactician who'd have us purring in a matter of weeks, to come in at the same time.

Same goes for the whole losing a European final thing when Conte a) got knocked out of the CL at the group stage and b) lost the Europa League final at the end of that season himself.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
How can the board watch all the rival fans mock us and being beyond happy cause we're keeping him, Liverpool fans singing Ole at the wheel at Old Trafford and still keep him.
You think the Glazers in Miami know that? And that is the root of the problem.

Rolaholic

Even the Leeds scum are getting in on the fun :lol: :houllier:, we're a true laughing stock right now

Real Name

People want Ole gone now, rather than in 3 games time, because the mere prospect of being out of the Champions League at the group stage again is too much to bear. Seems utterly bizarre to hold this view and want a guy who finished third and bottom in his last two CL campaigns to come in at the same time.
I'm not sure. How did Conte do in the CL?

LoneStar

If he's allowed to stay on and lose the Atalanta game and knock us out of the CL, and then get spanked by City, there is literally no hope for this club. Seriously, if the club is this indecisive in doing what needs to be done, there's nothing left to hope. In 3 years time, Newcastle will take the top 4 place from us or Leicester. While we'll still be romantacising our success in the early 2000s. God help this club.

As long as the Glazers stay, we are not winning anything.

Last edited:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If he's allowed to stay on and lose the Atalanta game and knock us out of the CL, and then get spanked by City, there is literally no hope for this club. Seriously, if the club is this indecisive in doing what needs to be done, there's nothing left to hope. In 3 years time, Newcastle will take the top 4 place from us or Leicester. While we'll still be romantacising our success in the early 2000s. God help this club.

Until the Glazers stay, we are not winning anything.
Do you mean go?

Flytan

I'm hoping we'll know fairly quickly? We're asking him to come in next season, so if he gives commitment, the rest of the stuff (Ajax payout, His contract with Utd) can be worked out slowly.

I'm sure they'll consider Conte too.

At any rate, we'll probably know in a week or two. Either Ole till the end of season followed by Ten Hag or Conte immediately.

Yes but if they're not happy with Conte (and plenty of reasons to not be happy, even the Caf is divided 50-50 on him) we shouldn't be stuck with him for another 3 years..
Why would we be stuck with him for three years? Seriously this whole debacle with ole hasn't taught you that a year or two isn't enough to know if a manager has it?

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I'm not sure. How did Conte do in the CL?
Overall record is 12 wins, 11 draws and 11 losses. He's won 3 out of his last 15 games and the furthest he's got is the quarter finals with Juventus in 2012/2013 where he was beaten 4-0 on aggregate by Bayern.

Revan

Assumptionman
It’s incredibly sad… again, I hate to keep banging this fecking drum, but this is exactly what happened to Liverpool in the 90s, only with at least the background of it having genuinely worked before!… they kept hiring people from the fabled “boot room” because that’s how it’d been done in the 70s & 80s, and they gradually fell further and further behind (ironically) us, until they even had Roy Evans joint manage with Gerrard Houllier because they couldn’t bare to make a clean break!
FFS they even hired Dalglish back in 2011 and we all laughed at them then…. Now we’ve got genuine legends like Fergie, Neville, Rio etc, actively championing us doing the same thing. Repeating all the mistakes of the post Busby-era too.

Lord save us from the nostalgia of Middle aged men. It will eventually destroy the world.

If this is merely all a smokescreen to give us time to find an appropriate replacement, then fair play…. I don’t have nearly the faith in our board some of you seem to though… personally I think they drunk the Kool Aid with Ole and are just in blind panic mode now.
Sir Alex himself said that it won't happen. We have learnt from the past, and we won't allow it to happen again.

The only remaining thing needs doing to complete the circus is if Sir Alex returns for a brief spell, as Sir Matt did back then.

Revan

Assumptionman
They're not buying time to secure a replacement, but are simply scared to admit they made a massive mistake in giving Solskjaer a new deal and basically building the entire footballing structure (coaching staff, Fletcher, Murtough etc) around a manager who's light years behind the top names in the game and most importantly the ones our biggest rivals have leading them to glory year after year.

Now they've made the decision we all expected them to make - bury their heads in the sand and refuse to acknowledge the facts. A decision that is going to lead to yet more points needlessly pissed away, more toxic atmosphere around the club, more fan despair and will further establish us both as a laughing stock and a club firmly past its prime, accepting and even rewarding mediocrity.

The board/club needed to send a clear, strong message after the game on Sunday by sacking Solskjaer with an immediate effect - that such humiliations will not be tolerated in any way no matter who's the manager, yet the romanticism prevails once more.

Trying to be "different" from the rest of the big clubs is blindsiding us into obscurity here.
Trying to be "different" from the rest of the big clubs is gonna achieve exactly being different from the rest of the big clubs. Essentially, not being a big club.

Real Name

Overall record is 12 wins, 11 draws and 11 losses. He's won 3 out of his last 15 games and the furthest he's got is the quarter finals with Juventus in 2012/2013 where he was beaten 4-0 on aggregate by Bayern.
Thanks.
That's the 1st time it has been mentioned here today.

Teja

Why would we be stuck with him for three years? Seriously this whole debacle with ole hasn't taught you that a year or two isn't enough to know if a manager has it?
It's expensive to get rid and causes chaos with transfers, squad balance etc. Especially so with Conte.

I assume he'll demand a midfielder (TBH any sane manager would) like he did with Drinkwater / Bakayoko at Chelsea and throw a fit until he gets his signing and we'll be stuck with deadwood after he leaves.

On top of that I think Chelsea ended up paying him ~25M to terminate with one year left on the contract.

Revan

Assumptionman
He’s been given 3 games. If he’s as shit as everyone on here is saying and completely lost the dressing room he’s gone after Spurs. Bit melodramatic? Tank the season…
We're out of the title race, and could easily be out of UCL when this episode ends. So yeah, that would be tanking the season. The season when we were supposed to compete, will be over before Christmas.

Flytan

It's expensive to get rid and causes chaos with transfers, squad balance etc. Especially so with Conte.

I assume he'll demand a midfielder (TBH any sane manager would) like he did with Drinkwater / Bakayoko at Chelsea and throw a fit until he gets his signing and we'll be stuck with deadwood after he leaves.

On top of that I think Chelsea ended up paying him ~25M to terminate with one year left on the contract.
He didn't demand drinkwater or bakayoko he wanted someone else but Chelsea board signed them.

So they paid him the price of one dvb to get rid of him? Not that bad if it doesn't work out in the next 7 months then

LoneStar

You had me worried there. :lol:
It doesn't matter though does it? I can't see them leaving us until they've leeched every single potential penny off of us. By which time we will be a fallen giant.

Particularly negative today, but you might understand why :lol:

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
We're out of the title race, and could easily be out of UCL when this episode ends. So yeah, that would be tanking the season. The season when we were supposed to compete, will be over before Christmas.
How will we be out of the CL? Surely the next manager can get at least a draw against Villarreal? After all Ole losing to them on pens was embarrassing, we’re Man United and we’ve added Sancho, Ronaldo and Sancho since.

Sviken

If Conte is really the right guy for the job, sure, sack immediately and go get Conte. But if they have reservations, they should stick with Ole until they're sure and not bend to external pressure.
My problem with this is that the club's reservations worry me. Partly because I don't trust the incompetent set-up that runs this club, but partly because of the media leaks. It seems Conte wants to introduce his own backstaff and the club is once again protecting the mates. It's highly likely that Conte would want to get rid off Carrick and McKenna, and rightly so, but Mates FC sticks for its mates. Of course, he'd want control of the transfers, how much control is anyone's guess. But that IMO is also a good thing because Fletcher literally has zero experience at the job and Conte's transfers throughout his years has mostly been hits.

Conte agreed to part ways with Inter for 7 million, so there's that. Also, that's not true. Conte is not a crazy spender like Jose. He'll work with what he has, but he would expect ambition, yes, like any top manager in the world. You think Guardiola works on a shoestring budget or something? His transfer spending at Juve, Inter and Chelsea has been entirely reasonable and this club if nothing else, loves to throw absurd amount of money at things.

Winrar

This is why hiring legends etc is a really bad idea. Clouds so much judgement.
So we have 1 point from last 4 league games with him clearly losing the dressing room and maybe scraping by 1 game will suddenly change things around?

How does that work?

Revan

Assumptionman
How will we be out of the CL? Surely the next manager can get at least a draw against Villarreal? After all Ole losing to them on pens was embarrassing, we’re Man United and we’ve added Sancho, Ronaldo and Sancho since.
Could be tough considering that there is a high chance that the new manager would take a totally broken squad (maybe 1 win in the last 8 matches, with two humiliations from our biggest rivals), and needs to prepare Arsenal, Villareal and Chelsea matches immediately after the international break, so with only 2-3 days with the players.

It is better to give to him 2 chances (against Atalanta and Villareal) than one chance. Dunno how the board doesn't see it, but then, dunno how the board did not see the Ole fiasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.