• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Leeds fan singing "Ole's at the wheel" tonight.

The club we've smashed this year, mocking us in a game we aren't involved in. Fecking laughing stock.

Devil may care

I don't think the section of the board backing Ole believe he can turn it around, they just don't want Conte and are giving themselves a couple of weeks to see what other options are potentially plyable from their clubs, and if not what interim options there are, he'll be sacked after the next 3 games and we'll be 9 points off top 4 at worst.

Superden

Who would've thought on Sunday evening that come Wednesday nothing would've changed. But then again perversely its entirely predictable at the same time all things considered,when it comes to the club.

Wayne's World

How has he not been sacked? The leaks from the players in the past 2 days shows what suicide keeping him in the job in

This is worse the LVG/Mourinho....we aren't even going to try on Saturday against Spurs so what's the fecking point of keeping him?

Hectic

Supports
30fps
The only thing that might save him now is if he comes out to the Spurs game with a full shaved head and wearing Edger Davids style glasses. I won't understand it but I will respect it.

Everyone wants him gone but everyone is also split on who should succeed him. I am beginning to think it probably is for the best that he sticks around a bit longer that his successor can be identified and approached. It is shit for Ole that he will likely know he is dead man walking and the next run of games are likely to be abysmal but the next appointment absolutely has to be right.
It’s actually very cruel to leave him in charge knowing how out of his depth he is and that getting Ko’d of the CL and a bad defeat to City will pretty much turn him into a laughing stock world wide and ruin his future prospects. I know he’s already heavily mocked by rival fans, but to bet kod out of the CL with this squad would probably have managers laughing about him in diners and gatherings. He’ll probably become the inside joke and analogy any half decent manager or DoF uses when explaining the importance of coaching, tactics, and match day decisions over simply buying every best name available and stacking your squad.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The only thing that might save him now is if he comes out to the Spurs game with a full shaved head and wearing Edger Davids style glasses. I won't understand it but I will respect it.
A number of managers have tried the old 'a shaved head plus Raybans will save my job' trick... and it failed every time.

It never ever works.

Kaos

There you go:

ShinjiNinja26

If he's sticking around at least get some new additions into the coaching staff for now with some fresh ideas and who know how to actually coach, otherwise its rinse and repeat.
He’s not sticking around he’s done, but our incompetent board are simply trying to buy themselves a bit of time by giving him another couple of games while they scrabble around trying to find a replacement, as yet again they’ve no contingency plan even though it’s been apparent for a while now that Ole’s out his depth. However a defeat to Spurs and he’ll be gone.

Waynne

The club we've smashed this year, mocking us in a game we aren't involved in. Fecking laughing stock.
I'm numb to all this. A few years ago under maybe Mourinho It would trigger me but so deflated at the moment that it doesn't even bother me anymore.

The amount of shits that I have to give for this club is fast fading away. Been supporting this club since I was 13 years old and I see nothing since SAF left that this club has any idea how to continue moving forward. United as a brand is more important than United as a football club.

Cloud7

Dont know if this was posted
If you don't laugh you'll cry. "Joke of a manager" has been bandied about here and there and I may not have always agreed with it, but joke of a manager is the only description that accurately describes this.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I don't think some people realize how much stock Woodward and others at the club put in the Ole basket.
Indeed. I don’t reckon they’re even aware of how bad it is. They don’t care about styles or patterns of play or poor in game management. They’ve no sense for the contextual state of our rivals. They just see that results have somewhat improved slowly, the fans have seemed largely happy and are being fed the same “stick by the manger” pap only without any of the wherewithal to know when it won’t work. They’ve been taken completely by surprise and are probably shitting themselves. They’re lawyers, accountants and investment bankers FFS.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This Ole guy is no United legend any longer for me. I thought he'd have the good grace to resign or agree an amicable departure with 50/50 split in his pay-off. He's literally getting hounded out by fans and players and he still cannot catch the drift.

Doing this much damage, with no awareness of what this is doing to the fanbase, selfishly continuing to damage our prospects in a season where we have a genuine chance at major honours for the first time years, just an endless list of failures.

Regalia

About 330 non utd supporters and 8 that will follow Ole blindly no matter what, because hes the Utd way and scored THAT goal 22 years ago.
Those 8 you are referring to genuinely have got to be the joke of the forum by now. I love watching how they fall over themselves trying to absolve our pathetic manager of every single loss and abject performance we serve out weekly. "SAF lost too so Ole will be SAF soon! It's Pogba, the toxic cnt! If we had a DM, Ole would win the CL!" Or some other drivel. I sometimes use the phrase 'Ole cult' in jest but with this lot, it is definitely apt. The kind of 'fans' that are enabling our slow but sure descend into obscurity as a club.

bonothom

The Man Utd manager gig must be the best to get in world football. Even if you're shit at your job it's *really* tough to get the sack. In fact, you're more likely to get offfered a 3 year contract than get the sack.

It's the opposite of how every other big club operates.
Yep and that's what really pisses me off about this. United were piss poor towards the end of last season and got beat in the Europa League Final and they still gave him a new contract. We only finished runners-up cos Liverpool were shite for half a season and Chelsea didn't have a decent manager until January.

bonothom

Leeds fans singing Ole at the wheel. heheh you gotta laugh. The people making decisions at this club are pathetic.

copen1945

I voted to keep him, only for the h*** of it. At this point, there is only way forward, and he shouldn't be involved. It is disappointing as he is a legend. It is equally frustrating that the board and Sir Alex are not decisive. The realities are he will be around until Christmas, so I voted in favor of the sad reality.

DSG

Fellas, we are beating a dead horse. There is no point in continuing to bitch about Ole. We are all unhappy with our performance over the last stretch of games, but there can be two takeaways from his time here:

1. Ole was the salve we needed after Jose, and we restructured the organization, developed youth and improved the squad. Any rational human being can see this. He guided us to 2nd and sort of a mini title challenge. I'll be forever grateful for that because Jose was a cancer; a grumpy, bitchy asshole who was just mean.

2. Ole and team (McKenna + Carrick) are not experienced / competent enough to move this very experienced, highly talented squad forward. I was Ole In until the last stretch of games, with Leicester being more disturbing in some ways than Liverpool. Despite almost 3 years at the helm, Ole and the coaches have failed to solve three basic problems that have plagued us since he joined:

- Failure to consistently play out of the high press. This is down to coaching and a very deep understanding about spacing on the pitch. Watching teams like Southampton give us fits because we can't play one-touch passes or get the spacing right is unacceptable.
- Failure to solve the midfield puzzle. Pogba+Fred? McFred? Pogba+Matic? No DvB? Note that there are many ways to do this, including a formation change instead of constantly picking a 4-2-3-1 even though we don't have the ideal players for that formation. We probably play our best in a midfield diamond, to be honest.
- Failure to install and execute a high press. There are very few top level teams that do not press high these days, particularly against inferior opposition. You can't half-ass this because it leaves gaps. And, oh by the way, you ARE susceptible to the counter, so you will concede goals that way, but you are going to make up for it by creating a bunch of goals that quality players should finish. Unfortunately, Ole never could fully commit to the high press because with the speed and tenacity we have in the front 4, it would have been beautiful to watch.

I am happy that he is leaving (hopefully soon), but I am also happy he was here. I think we needed him at that time, and he delivered. But we need new ideas and better coaching to take us forward.

Amir

I don't think some people realize how much stock Woodward and others at the club put in the Ole basket.
Yeah, they went all in on him. The Culture reboot crap, back to the old days, letting him spend so much money. Replacing him would be turning the entire ship around, especially if he's replaced by someone like Conte.

Sanchez7

Based on the amount of leaks coming out, he has either lost the dressing room or someone really want him out. Cant see Ole surviving this.

Moriarty

Yeah, they went all in on him. The Culture reboot crap, back to the old days, letting him spend so much money. Replacing him would be turning the entire ship around, especially if he's replaced by someone like Conte.
If Conte is smart, he'll give United a wide berth. He'll end up in a padded cell after six months of dealing with our management.

Yakuza_devils

It's delaying the inevitable. Our incompetent board is waiting for us to lose more points and throw away the season.

What's the point of waiting? Ole has been playing negative football for 3 years hiding behind "rebuilding". He can only play counter attacking football. What's turn around or improvement we expect from him?

Flytan

Based on the amount of leaks coming out, he has either lost the dressing room or someone really want him out. Cant see Ole surviving this.
He's lost it, haven't seen very many "we go again" apologies from the players that accept much blame. Think they've finally realized he isn't near the level of top managers.

Gloria Kanchelskis

We’re easy targets at the moment and the more we respond to people taking the p1ss the more they’ll do it.
I’d be far more worried if Leeds fans had anything to crow about

Gloria Kanchelskis

I’d like to see a change too but there’s no point in sacking him without a plan in place with a new manager. Even with all the turmoil since SAF left the only manager who’s been fired mid season was Mourinho. I’m not surprised they don’t have a contingency plan in place but that’s what they should be wor king on right now. Then they can move him on and the club can start to move forward again.

Shark

@NotShark
Surely something has got to happen tomorrow. These leaks are just getting worse and worse.

United in sin

I don't think SAF and Edwards at Carrington had anything to do with Ole, probably more the passing of Walter Smith.
Surely they don't need to visit Carrington for that.

We're the biggest laughing stock in world football. I wouldn't pay Leeds fans no mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.