Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NK86

Think he will be sacked. Maybe the Board had given themselves time to identify the next steps (new permanent manager now or a caretaker now with a new permanent manager next season). So the international break has given them the perfect opportunity to let him go and bring in someone new to salvage whatever can be of this season. At least, that's what I am hoping as it's the only logical conclusion I can think of as to why we haven't sacked him yet.

NK86

Norwich have just sacked thier manager yet Ole is still here.
The Norwich sacking was already decided before the game. No way would they have sacked him hours after this first win of the season otherwise.

Andersons Dietician

I’ll be surprised if he’s sacked anytime soon. If Conte was still available possibly but I can’t see United paying a fee to get a manager now and I don’t see why Poch or Haag would leave their clubs now. Maybe you could persuade Rodgers and generally I think he’s a decent coach but I’m not sure he is the best fit for United.

Same with Zidane, not overly convinced he is actually that great of a manager.

Idxomer

Which City didn't want to do. I almost think they were under orders not to make the scoreline look too bad in case Ole was sacked
Even Michael Oliver who hates United was on it when he didn't give them the penalty.

el3mel

The Norwich sacking was already decided before the game. No way would they have sacked him hours after this first win of the season otherwise.
Which should have been the same for United. We should have Ole sacking planned already regardless of the results, but guess what, it's United.

NK86

Which should have been the same for United. We should have Ole sacking planned already regardless of the results, but guess what, it's United.
I think he will get the sack this week. Maybe we were waiting for the international break.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Can't wait for his sacking. Each game under Ole just makes it harder for his successor to salvage the season. Board needs to put him out of his memory ASAP.

I wish the man the best, he's a legend. He tried and failed, there's no shame in that.

kerrygold

Supports
united
In the aftermath of the Liverpool game some journos said the Glazers are concerned and expect to see tactical and technical improvement over these next 3 games. We've seen none. Only regression and Ole showing himself up even more.
Like the Glazers would know a tactical improvement

Reactions: Sultan

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
The way the press have turned in the last 4 weeks is indicative I hope. Feels like everyone bar Neville is on board with Ole out.

Some stuff popping up on ESPN in the US too - again might grab the attention of the decision makers (Ogden's latest piece).

There's some logic to not sacking Ole until you have time to line up a replacement. But it's been a month now and surely inquiries have been made and so forth.

Absolute worst case, sack him and let just about anyone be caretaker - we'll get a bump from that at the very least. This can't continue.

Tuchel, Poch, Conte, Nagelsman...lots of options we've now missed out on.

LDUred

You can't justify keeping him on after yet another apologetic display. After the Liverpool horror show I reluctantly gave him three games to turn things around but he has only beaten a lacklustre Spurs side and watched us be outplayed by Atalanta and then, predictably, Manchester City. Guardiola approached the game like a bread and butter league match and they were on cruise control due to the gulf in class.

At this point, keeping Ole smacks of the club endorsing the mediocrity that he has established, which with every loss is becoming engrained in the players. We are a million miles from competing at the business end of the table and even sneaking fourth place now looks somewhat fanciful, even though it ought to be up for grabs. You just look at the body language of the players and they look dejected rather than anxious to put things right. They were beaten from the second they stepped out onto the pitch.

Someone with new ideas needs to come in and they need to sell their vision for the club to the board. Ole's tenure has to be cut short for the good of the MUFC.

Last edited:

lilcurt

The way the press have turned in the last 4 weeks is indicative I hope. Feels like everyone bar Neville is on board with Ole out.

Some stuff popping up on ESPN in the US too - again might grab the attention of the decision makers (Ogden's latest piece).

There's some logic to not sacking Ole until you have time to line up a replacement. But it's been a month now and surely inquiries have been made and so forth.

Absolute worst case, sack him and let just about anyone be caretaker - we'll get a bump from that at the very least. This can't continue.

Tuchel, Poch, Conte, Nagelsman...lots of options we've now missed out on.
He needs to go now. It's got to the point where you press the button and then get the best caretaker possible. Keeping him here is making us a laughing stock and this isn't going to turn any better.

A joke he is still here.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
We got three years of service out of a relative novice and it had its good moments, like the wins over city, comeback in Paris, beating Liverpool in the cup and at least two ass whoppings of Leeds plus a 9-0 win against Southampton, the record setting unbeaten away run etc. He came into it when the squad was destitute and if he left now, he’ll be leaving it in a much better shape with two deep in every position. There’s no shame in going, he gets a well deserved pay out and a gold watch on top of it.

Mr. Ant

I feel like it needed another Liverpool esque collapse
To be fair this game was probably worse than the Liverpool one in terms of performance.

If City had an actual striker they would have won 5-0.
We didn't create anything and they were playing with us in the second half.

If one win against a shit Spurs team and underserved draw against Atalanta is prove Ole deserves to keep his job it's just not good enough.

If we can't raise our game against rivals we will be in the bottom half of the table next month with Ole in charge because the players will just no longer care against the "lesser" teams.

binary bot
We'll find out around 10-11pm when the Sunday papers post their stories.

I thought he'd be gone for certain but the lack of information is now making me skeptical.

Trophy Room

He has to go now to save this season. Surely we wont risk the Champions league spot. Go all out and get Ten Hag - I don’t buy this bullshit about him not being available until the end of the season.

Shiva87

The testament to Ole having reached his ceiling is that there are no new ideas coming. It was so predicable that we will lose today that I never got excited about the game.

It played out exactly as it was expected. Defensive error, schoolboy defending from Maguire - concede a goal and then huff and puff for the rest of the game showing attitude and desire. If luck has it then we may nick a goal (didn't happen).

Hear players and Ole say how disappointed we are with the performance. Talk about doing better all week on twitter. Serve up the same stuff next weekend.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
We got three years of service out of a relative novice and it had its good moments, like the wins over city, comeback in Paris, beating Liverpool in the cup and at least two ass whoppings of Leeds plus a 9-0 win against Southampton, the record setting unbeaten away run etc. He came into it when the squad was destitute and if he left now, he’ll be leaving it in a much better shape with two deep in every position. There’s no shame in going, he gets a well deserved pay out and a gold watch on top of it.
the fact that the high points are a few victories and not trophies tells you everything you need to know about his time at the club and how far we have fallen. We are accepting standards slipping with every game Ole is still in charge. We need to move on from this experiment and get back to actually having the right mentality at the club.

Moriarty

He will be here until Top4 gone. That is how we work, also because they will not have a fecking clue who to go for.
Who's giving them advice? I presume the people at the club and that means Fergie - who will push for more time, and Woodward and Arnold who will follow suit. In the corporate world, they would employ a headhunter to find the best man for the job, or at least a consultant or two to analyze the situation thoroughly: people from outside the club who have no vested interest. We say that as long as we get top 4, then the Glazers are happy, because that's their business model but I don't know. They can't isolate themselves from the opinions of the fans, the press, and TV pundits can they?

Personally, I would approach PSG and speak to Poch. he knows the English game, advocates attacking, attractive football, and although he hasn't much by way of pots, I think he'd be a great fit. Rumour is that he is less than happy in Paris and ZZ is on their radar. Either way, United must move on. If a few suits lose face, so what?

HailtotheKing

For once I actually agree with Piers
No they let their egos. No way special Ed wants to look even more stupid by firing yet another manager after giving him an extension, so he’s sticking until he’s absolutely forced. Meanwhile Levy was totally fine looking like a dick for hiring someone and firing them after a few months.

Last edited:

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
There are no news whether we are backing him or looking to sack? Is the scoreline going to save him this time?

Sviken

To be fair this game was probably worse than the Liverpool one in terms of performance.

If City had an actual striker they would have won 5-0.
We didn't create anything and they were playing with us in the second half.

If one win against a shit Spurs team and underserved draw against Atalanta is prove Ole deserves to keep his job it's just not good enough.

If we can't raise our game against rivals we will be in the bottom half of the table next month with Ole in charge because the players will just no longer care against the "lesser" teams.
It's really not. Liverpool are more clinical, but they obviously took their foot off the gas in the second half. City are suffering from a lack of striker though, don't think they're winningt he league this season with that dreadful finishing.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Who's giving them advice? I presume the people at the club and that means Fergie - who will push for more time, and Woodward and Arnold who will follow suit. In the corporate world, they would employ a headhunter to find the best man for the job, or at least a consultant or two to analyze the situation thoroughly: people from outside the club who have no vested interest. We say that as long as we get top 4, then the Glazers are happy, because that's their business model but I don't know. They can't isolate themselves from the opinions of the fans, the press, and TV pundits can they?

Personally, I would approach PSG and speak to Poch. he knows the English game, advocates attacking, attractive football, and although he hasn't much by way of pots, I think he'd be a great fit. Rumour is that he is less than happy in Paris and ZZ is on their radar. Either way, United must move on. If a few suits lose face, so what?
I wouldn't want to be managing PSG either to be honest.

dove

There are no news whether we are backing him or looking to sack? Is the scoreline going to save him this time?
Yes. 0-2 will be seen as a step forward to the right direction after the 0-5 against Liverpool (although we were lucky today). Add the legendary draw against the mighty Atalanta which I think makes Ole safe for the foreseeable feature.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Think he will be sacked. Maybe the Board had given themselves time to identify the next steps (new permanent manager now or a caretaker now with a new permanent manager next season). So the international break has given them the perfect opportunity to let him go and bring in someone new to salvage whatever can be of this season. At least, that's what I am hoping as it's the only logical conclusion I can think of as to why we haven't sacked him yet.
Hoping our club will act over the international break is beyond wishful thinking I'm afraid.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's really not. Liverpool are more clinical, but they obviously took their foot off the gas in the second half. City are suffering from a lack of striker though, don't think they're winningt he league this season with that dreadful finishing.
Liverpool actually gave us a few more chances, but are a lot more high energy.
I wonder if City will even wake up tired tomorrow after that cruise.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It was a worry to see Neville still not thinking a change in manager might be around the corner.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I’ll be surprised if he’s sacked anytime soon. If Conte was still available possibly but I can’t see United paying a fee to get a manager now and I don’t see why Poch or Haag would leave their clubs now. Maybe you could persuade Rodgers and generally I think he’s a decent coach but I’m not sure he is the best fit for United.

Same with Zidane, not overly convinced he is actually that great of a manager.
There's plenty of decent interims around if our primary target isn't immediately available 'till the summer.

He has to go now to save this season. Surely we wont risk the Champions league spot. Go all out and get Ten Hag - I don’t buy this bullshit about him not being available until the end of the season.
Look at it from a career planning perspective. He's on his way to win another double and make a good CL run. It's a risk for him and his reputation to hop on board now.

He's never managed in England or the PL or come in mid season in a high pressure job. Why would he not take the trophies and the plaudits for a good showing in the CL, so he can weigh his options in the summer when he has a full pre season and a summer transfer window at a variety of clubs?

There's no confirmation that he isn't available. Our board just hasn't shown any interest and it's rumoured it's because of his lack of PL experience.

stw2022

If the form of first 11 games is sustained throughout the rest of the season we’d be on course for 58 points. Last season that would have lead us to 11th

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
the fact that the high points are a few victories and not trophies tells you everything you need to know about his time at the club and how far we have fallen. We are accepting standards slipping with every game Ole is still in charge. We need to move on from this experiment and get back to actually having the right mentality at the club.
Sure, it was slim margins too and with one saved penalty, he could have won a European cup, albeit the lesser one. The point is, he did the less glamorous work that was necessary but the players have really just gotten over the fact that he cannot give them anything new at this stage. We were always going to hit the ceiling of Solskjær as a manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.