• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Murtough and Fletcher have zero power over first team. First team is under the manager - Ole. Murtough and Ole separately report directly to Ed the banker.

Strange but it is what it is.
So Ole doesn’t report to Murtough? Wow.

Garethw

He's definitely lost the players on some level. Maybe they don't hate his man management as much as Mourinho but they have no trust or faith in him. We're a top 4 team who has just signed Ronaldo Sancho and Varane and we've somehow got worse, we're literally bottom half in terms of xPTS, performances cannot be this bad unless the manager has lost the dressing room.

All the leaked stories of dressing room unrest after Liverpool is evidence enough, it's incredibly unlikely that they're all fabricated.
Didn’t Maguire allude to losing faith yesterday?

Castia

Few stories about Rogers starting to surface (nobody reputable yet though)

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I just can’t believe it. He has been given immunity no matter what. I honestly can’t understand why he hasn’t been sacked.
That's the culture of this club unfortunately. Crap on the pitch? Don't worry, you'll start next week. Crap in the stands? No problem, your job is safe. Shit in the boardroom? It's fine, here's your big fat pay cheque

There is no accountability anywhere.

Robbie Boy

Where did all this Rodgers nonsense stem from? I'm yet to see a single reputable source running the story, yet he's overwhelming favourite to be our next manager.

the_cliff

I just can’t believe it. He has been given immunity no matter what. I honestly can’t understand why he hasn’t been sacked.
The fact that they didn't go for Conte after he was practically begging for the job showed it for me. He was the perfect opportunity, get him in till the end of the season or for 18 months (like Spurs did), he'd get the best out of the current squad, probably win a few trophies and plan for a Ten Hag or Potter to take over after. The fact that we sat by and let Conte go to Spurs shows we're done and are not proactive whatsoever. The face that our board couldn't see it going this way despite performances for the last 6 months pointing to this is laughable. We're just fans of the club and could see this happening for at least 6 months (some even longer) and yet the board couldn't.

Ole isn't the only problem every board member (including Fergie) on the footballing side of the club need to be sacked immediately, the technical director, Murtough all of them need to be out of the club and replaced with competent people who know how to run a club.

We're the Barcelona of England, the new laughing stock of world football and the perfect example of how to run a club into the ground.

ShinjiNinja26

It makes zero sense. Doing nothing is literally the worst thing they can do as we’ll just continue to lose games. They might not have a plan B but simply removing Ole and replacing him with anyone half way decent would instantly see an upturn in results.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where did all this Rodgers nonsense stem from? I'm yet to see a single reputable source running the story, yet he's overwhelming favourite to be our next manager.
Think it’s just a lot of people putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, really. He’s available, “PL proven”, and a bit of a yes-man. Him and Pochettino are the very obvious options, especially now Conte’s off the market and Zidane doesn’t seem interested.

ShinjiNinja26

I think part of the reason he’s such a favourite is he has recent history of switching clubs mid season when he left Celtic for Leicester. So they maybe think he wouldn’t hesitate to join us if offered the position.

Giggsyking

Can anyone just give me logical reasons why he is not sacked yet, what is the board thinking?

RedIan

My prediction is ole will be sacked in December following…

thumping losses to Arsenal and Chelsea We get schooled at home by a resurgent Palace team.. and we are bottom half of the table.

the match going crowd finally turn on ole.

Garethw

Can anyone just give me logical reasons why he is not sacked yet, what is the board thinking?
1) Woodward doesn’t want to look like a fool after handing him a new contract a few months back.

2)Woodward is scared of the backlash from pro Ole pundits like Neville.

3) Woodward and the board are truelly delusional and believe that Solskjaer can turn it around and become SAF 2.0

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The fact that they didn't go for Conte after he was practically begging for the job showed it for me. He was the perfect opportunity, get him in till the end of the season or for 18 months (like Spurs did), he'd get the best out of the current squad, probably win a few trophies and plan for a Ten Hag or Potter to take over after. The fact that we sat by and let Conte go to Spurs shows we're done and are not proactive whatsoever. The face that our board couldn't see it going this way despite performances for the last 6 months pointing to this is laughable. We're just fans of the club and could see this happening for at least 6 months (some even longer) and yet the board couldn't.

Ole isn't the only problem every board member (including Fergie) on the footballing side of the club need to be sacked immediately, the technical director, Murtough all of them need to be out of the club and replaced with competent people who know how to run a club.

We're the Barcelona of England, the new laughing stock of world football and the perfect example of how to run a club into the ground.
You’re either all in with Conte if you’re not. No point getting him to follow with ten Haag or potter. That’s not forward planning at all. They are 2 different philosophies entirely. That’s why the club structure is important, there needs to be a blue print that is followed

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
In short, because we have a completely incompetent board who have made a string of errors and are simply incapable of even knowing what the right thing to do now is.

The fact we gave a caretaker the full time job prematurely, based purely on emotion, after we publically announced that we would take our time to find the right manager at the end of the season, should have been reason alone for Woodward and whoever else involved to be sacked on the spot for such a ridiculous and poor decision.

Eplel

We need to create a thread where Ole inners can publicly apologize to everyone for being so wrong, and so arrogant and obnoxious towards everyone at the same time.

the_cliff

You’re either all in with Conte if you’re not. No point getting him to follow with ten Haag or potter. That’s not forward planning at all. They are 2 different philosophies entirely. That’s why the club structure is important, there needs to be a blue print that is followed
I disagree, I think Conte is a lot closer to Ten Hag and Potter than Ole is.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Rock and a hard place.

Get rid of the worst manager in the league, or sack him and start the process all over again with another coach that won’t be good enough in Rodgers.

Depressing.

Giggsyking

1) Woodward doesn’t want to look like a fool after handing him a new contract a few months back.

2)Woodward is scared of the backlash from pro Ole pundits like Neville.

3) Woodward and the board are truelly delusional and believe that Solskjaer can turn it around and become SAF 2.0
My guess is number 3. But I am not sure.

Hisha

Supports
OLE OLE OLE I LOVE YOU
Mourinho is done. His time at United and then Spurs proved it. He’s already starting to unravel at Roma
Sure. But still the man has a very successful history. Even with us he wasn’t a complete failure. Some would argue that he was a relative success given the squad at his disposal. But facts aside, you just can’t have a single good word about him here.

Giggsyking

In short, because we have a completely incompetent board who have made a string of errors and are simply incapable of even knowing what the right thing to do now is.

The fact we gave a caretaker the full time job prematurely, based purely on emotion, after we publically announced that we would take our time to find the right manager at the end of the season, should have been reason alone for Woodward and whoever else involved to be sacked on the spot for such a ridiculous and poor decision.
Dont make me open that can of worms. It was completely idiotic.

ConteIsLife

RodgersIsLife was taken
Feel sad for Ole after all he’s done for us that we have polls like these calling for his sack. We should be better than this.
Paid millions for incompetence in management, oh we have been lucky to receive his charity.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Sure. But still the man has a very successful history. Even with us he wasn’t a complete failure. Some would argue that he was a relative success given the squad at his disposal. But facts aside, you just can’t have a single good word about him here.
But that’s not down to the forum, it’s down to most of the posters not liking his time here. We see the same now with ole. We saw the same with Lvg. Unless a manager I’d come timidly successful or showing progress they will lose the fans completely

Mainoldo

Rock and a hard place.

Get rid of the worst manager in the league, or sack him and start the process all over again with another coach that won’t be good enough in Rodgers.

Depressing.
Guess what you do if Rodgers fails???

You sack him :)

It’s not a dilemma at all.

beer&grill

Mourinho is done. His time at United and then Spurs proved it. He’s already starting to unravel at Roma
He still had done a way better job at United than Ole. Sure, if you throw context out on the window, Ole seems to have a done a good job, getting 3rd and 2nd place finishes, but with points total than in 99% other seasons he would’ve finished out of top 4, with a squad miles better than Mourinho’s. For many of us it was clear since 2019 that he‘s not even a mediocre manager. I am young enough to not have witnessed much of Ole playing days so there wasn’t any sentimentality to cloud my judgement. If instead of Ole it was Rooney, maybe I would’ve been a *******, who knows.

the_cliff

Then good job neither of us make the decisions. Conte would want athletes, and would rip up the squad. We’d have to spend like mad again after him
Judging by the briefs from Italian media he was actually very happy with the squad and claimed we could win now. Conte doesn't necessarily want athletes, he just wants his players to run and press, which is why the first thing he's done at Spurs is control the players diets and work on fitness. Something that is very clearly needed in a Ten Hag system and something that we're clearly lacking under current management.

Status
Not open for further replies.