• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Just means that we’re being tight lipped. We didn’t let slip that LvG or Jose were being sacked. For all Woodward’s transgressions, he learned from his mistake when Moyes’ imminent sacking got leaked.
What? It was let slip seconds after we lifted the FA Cup.

Flytan

Fletcher's role as technical director is reported to be of someone who communicates and sells the project to prospective new recruits at first team level. It's a similar role to Sebastian Kehl at BvB, who is being groomed to take over from Michael Zorc as the DoF. And from the digging I've done on Kehl, he had no experience in such a role if the caf criteria is applied.

Fletcher's role at the club is fine IMO, unless someone can provide evidence of how he's not cut out for a job which isn't difficult at all IMO.
I don't particularly have an issue with him specifically. He may be perfect for the role he has and blossom into a great DOF or whatever future title he has. I think my issue with Fletcher is that it's just another person at the club who looks like he got a job because he's been around the club/the people in charge. There's just too many friends of friends employed so the optics look bad. Obviously some "friends of friends" work out and are great appointments but with the amount of ones we've had recently that look like they're failing at their jobs (set piece coach was friends with McKenna, Carrick, Arnold, Ed, Ole) it's hard to not be worried about Fletcher. I think a lot of us would just be relieved if some people who have nothing to do with the Glazers/club history were brought in.

Actually from what I've read over the summer, Fletcher's done a pretty good job.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This reminds me, when Fletcher was first hired at the club as a first team coach, people here were treating this news as if it was a brilliant masterclass appointment by the club, as if we have hired Guardiole to be part of the coaching team.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/darren-fletcher-first-team-coach.460026/

Everything about this club is run based on nepotism and sentimentality, not actual planning or strategy, and they know the fans will swallow this shit because of nostalgia.
Had a brief look, seems pretty positive back then. He doesn't have the credentials, but he's intelligent and professional.

Saw this gem there too

Infra-red

One issue with the club appointing a caretaker is that they have history of keeping woefully underqualified caretakers around past the end of the caretaker period.

If Carrick or A.N.Other takes over until the end of the season and plays dull, uninspired, tactically-inept football and yet somehow scrapes 4th position (or at least gets close to it), you just know that the club will hand him a five year contract.

Despite those reservations, I still think it is the best way forward now. Ole simply cannot be allowed to continue.

Bobade

Some nutters on here wishing for SAF as caretaker. Couldnt think of anything worse. Forget his health and retirement for a second, think of his legacy. Imagine if he came in as a caretaker, had some bad results, we get laughed at by all the oppo fans and it's all just a bit sad and pathetic.

Would be awful.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
One issue with the club appointing a caretaker is that the club has history of keeping woefully underqualified caretakers around past the end of the caretaker period.

If Carrick or A.N.Other takes over until the end of the season and plays dull, uninspired, tactically-inept football and yet somehow scrapes 4th position (or at least gets close to it), you just know that the club will hand him a five year contract.
It happened once. Not exactly a rich history.

The Dane

Would you guys be actually happy with a caretaker. Like dont get me wrong I also want Ole gone. But if we get a caretaker in we also write of the season I think.

What would the expectations be in the caf when we get an interim?
I want Ole out as quickly as possible but I fear that whoever we end up with as interim manager will have a difficult time because of the lack of natural leaders in the squad and a weak captain in Maguire.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
You know desperation as hit when we using Mack The Knife and Mark bloody Goldbridge as sources, come on lads :lol:
I know someone that appears on his channel. Goldbridge went on a night out last month with a couple of his lackeys and supposedly showed them a few of the messages he's received from people verifiably connected to the club that actually watch his shit. He does get fed bits and pieces of information here and there apparently.

Ralph1386

It's really very bizarre at this point. All the news, is bleak in regards to the mess our team is in; no system, no plan etc etc. But then also reports that players gave no confidence in the manager and don't believe he's good enough. Yet despite all this the club still back him? It doesn't make sense on any level.
The club is not backing him. They are looking for an interim.

hobbers

It's really very bizarre at this point. All the news, is bleak in regards to the mess our team is in; no system, no plan etc etc. But then also reports that players gave no confidence in the manager and don't believe he's good enough. Yet despite all this the club still back him? It doesn't make sense on any level.
It does when you remember that Woodward is in charge and Woodward's tenure will go down as a colossal failure and embarrassment if (when) it ends at the same time as 'his guy' getting sacked, representing his third failed appointment. This is all about his ego.

He has the support of Richard Arnold because Arnold is another corporate drone with no idea about running a football club, same as Ed. And SAF, who's vanity apparently will not let him admit that his apprentice is a total failure of a manager.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't particularly have an issue with him specifically. He may be perfect for the role he has and blossom into a great DOF or whatever future title he has. I think my issue with Fletcher is that it's just another person at the club who looks like he got a job because he's been around the club/the people in charge. There's just too many friends of friends employed so the optics look bad. Obviously some "friends of friends" work out and are great appointments but with the amount of ones we've had recently that look like they're failing at their jobs (set piece coach was friends with McKenna, Carrick, Arnold, Ed, Ole) it's hard to not be worried about Fletcher. I think a lot of us would just be relieved if some people who have nothing to do with the Glazers/club history were brought in.

Actually from what I've read over the summer, Fletcher's done a pretty good job.
I understand where you're coming from but if that was the case there was plenty of other former players who were much more popular choices to do a job that isn't very difficult. And Fletcher has done well, as you also put it, in a role which is quite limited but gives him scope to garner experience to one day maybe take over as the DoF. It's exactly what Dortmund are doing with Kehl, who was someone that spent a year back-packing before BvB brought him into the fold due to his association with the club.

the_cliff

I understand where you're coming from but if that was the case there was plenty of other former players who were much more popular choices to do a job that isn't very difficult. And Fletcher has done well, as you also put it, in a role which is quite limited but gives him scope to garner experience to one day maybe take over as the DoF. It's exactly what Dortmund are doing with Kehl, who was someine that spent a year back packing before BvB brought him into the fold due to his association with the club.
iirc even Zorc was a club legend before becoming sporting director and went straight from playing to that job. You may know more than me so I wanna ask was there anyone in that position at the time Zorc was made Sporting director that he may have learned from ? Or maybe there are more experienced people on a similar level to Zorc that he listens to in the club ?

Roboc7

This reminds me, when Fletcher was first hired at the club as a first team coach, people here were treating this news as if it was a brilliant masterclass appointment by the club, as if we have hired Guardiole to be part of the coaching team.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/darren-fletcher-first-team-coach.460026/

Everything about this club is run based on nepotism and sentimentality, not actual planning or strategy, and they know the fans will swallow this shit because of nostalgia.
The club is unable to trade off success so it’s all about nostalgia now and trying to associate everything with the success of the past.

I don’t have a big problem with Fletcher, maybe he’s good maybe he isn’t. Problem is he’s brought in to work Woodward who’s been failure, Ole who’s completely unqualified, Murtough who has been part of failure since he joined, a novice coaching team. Said when we embarked on this ‘rebuild’ it’s flawed because it’s been carried out entirely by people with no idea how to do it.

RedMilo

I was very much Ole IN until the Leicester game, but events since have changed my mind, we aren't progressing and would like to see him replaced by someone more experienced who can take us to the next level and challenge for honours.

However, I have to say the level of toxicity in this place is saddening to watch to be honest. This is a guy who has provided nearly two decades worth of loyal service, loves the club as much as anyone, and has provided one of the greatest, if not the greatest moment in the clubs history. As for the I want us to lose brigade, your not real fans, and you dont deserve success - support your team ffs..

The club will make a change I have no doubt, not because they know better, but because it is clear public opinion has shifted away from Ole continuing, and they will go were the wind blows. They needed to be decisive and do it straight after the Liverpool game, but like when Gill & SAF moved on, there was no contingency plans in place, its poor for a global brand in any sector and a sad indictment of our ownership.

As for criticising those fans that applauded him and the team at the end of the City game, I'm sure most of them privately will admit a change is needed but they are true fans, they know what it means to support the team through thick and thin and call them the 'problem' is just fecking wrong..

Rant over.

Bosws87

Off topic but if you enjoy watching that mario stuff i'm pretty sure its the Kaizo Mario Hack people do speed runs on.

Status
Not open for further replies.