• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
This is actually worse than Jose now. At least we knew if Jose wanted to be at Old Trafford and fix things he had the know how and the ability to do so. With Ole it's hopeless, he's so out of his depth.

It's complete dereliction of duty on the boards part to allow this to carry on. Change now and we can crack on for top 4, take a crack at the later stages of the champions league and have a punt at the fa Cup.

If Ole stays I can see our top 4 challenge over by Christmas and struggle to get out of the group stage. Season finished in time for the turkey. Oh and set back about 3 years on our "rebuild". (We're not building an f'n house, we're trying to get one of the most expensive squads in world sport to play compitent football, that's should take a few weeks or months of coaching, not half a decade)
No we didn't, and no he didn't? We don't have to talk up Jose to put Ole down.

Redfrog

It feels like the Moyes season to me. The sacking would never come and you can’t wait the end of the season as there is nothing at stake…
We are just a laughing stoke. Even at our worst under LVG and Mou, it wasn’t like that.
A victory against Watford will be painted as a turning point by people at the club and we will get hammered by Chelsea or whoever next week.
We will miss top 4 for sure if we keep Ole too much. It feels like Moyes season !
So let’s have a laugh lads, it’s still better then crying.

Handsome Devil

It feels like the Moyes season to me. The sacking would never come and you can’t wait the end of the season as there is nothing at stake…
We are just a laughing stoke. Even at our worst under LVG and Mou, it wasn’t like that.
A victory against Watford will be painted as a turning point by people at the club and we will get hammered by Chelsea or whoever next week.
We will miss top 4 for sure if we keep Ole too much. It feels like Moyes season !
That is indeed grim!

Ralph1386

Only difference is that with the other managers their squad did not have Ronaldo and Varane in them, whick makes this season even worse.

Strats

Lack of belief

I get more and more annoyed with the way Ole responds when you watch that clip. Deluded and arrogant.

You could have been sat on the moon and seen how obvious it was that the players were absolutely drained in confidence and belief + had no idea what to do.

Bratt

I get more and more annoyed with the way Ole responds when you watch that clip. Deluded and arrogant.

You could have been sat on the moon and seen how obvious it was that the players were absolutely drained in confidence and belief + had no idea what to do.
I’m no body language expert, but I see the reaction of a stressed and nervous guy, not deluded and arrogant.

Ralph1386

The staff are working very hard mate. Don’t hurt their feelings :lol:

Seriously though, I’d heard somewhere that he had brought his mates who helped him relegate Cardiff but wasn’t sure it was true.

Mark Odgen said this morning that it was like having University students being taught by secondary school teachers.

Ralph1386

It’s been like this all season. Look at his reactions after the Everton game for example. I’m surprised people have not picked up on it earlier.

He must have been told behind the scenes that his job is safe no matter what.

the_cliff

Tbf to Mckenna he's probably the best one their and is highly rated, so I wouldn't say he's the problem. He shouldn't be the main man though. the rest need to be replaced though with the new manager.

Ixion

Giving everyone the week off when the thing we need to focus on more than anything is our formation, strategy etc. which takes time to work on. I can see us getting a win over Watford, everything is rosey, talk of how we've moved on from the bad spell, then losing at Villarreall and suddenly shit hits the fans and the club start panicking.

Amir

Only issue we have seen from the leaks is that the coaches see and believe one thing then come game time Ole changes his mind.

The fact that he can change his mind means to me they are doing their own thing.
Well, if they are doing their own thing, I still wouldn't put much blame on them. It would kind of mean we've made them managers of Manchester United, when they are clearly not ready for anything like that.

Redfrog

Only difference is that with the other managers their squad did not have Ronaldo and Varane in them, whick makes this season even worse.
To be honest, Moyes had a title winning squad, even if it was on his last leg.

I remember when Rooney and Van Persie were injured, we had a good run with Welbeck up front, winning 1-0 in the league. When they came back from injury, Moyes dropped welbeck to play them and I thought it was a mistake…it went back to sh*t after that.
Big players did not respect Moyes because he wasn’t a winner, just not at the level of the club.

Now, Ronaldo is back and can see what we have become and has no respect for Ole or the staff. How could he ? Everywhere he went there was a winning mentality.

Ole wants big players but they are just too big for him, as the club is. It was alright when he had young players or some who won nothing and when winning was not expected…but now…

Now there is Ronaldo and Varane in the dressing room and even if they are not disrupting it, I think that players can just see through this winners that we will never win anything under Ole.

It’s a bit like with Moyes who asked the players to show him how to win ! Players can feel he is not the leader he is supposed to be to drive them to titles, so all motivation is lost.

DULLAGHAN

No we didn't, and no he didn't? We don't have to talk up Jose to put Ole down.
I'm not talking up Jose. The atmosphere was terrible under Jose. The fact remains he was never completely invested in Manchester United and lived in a hotel.

What I was saying is that a motivated and interested Jose has the ability and know how to turn any team into winners. A motivated Ole hasn't got that ability or know how, hence our current situation. That's what's so upsetting about Ole, he's doing his best and it's clearly not good enough. I'm not sure we ever got to see Jose at his best.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
That's the joke of it all. When the Glazers finally decide to spend, they waste millions of dollars. That's what you get when you don't hire the best in their field to run that field. An experienced director of football could have build a better squad with half the money wasted over the years. And its just not the transfers, its the wages. Every player bar CR7, Varane and Fernandes is overpaid relative to their performances.
It's just a stupid way to run a business. Its beyond belief so called business people don't get the point of getting experienced DOF is to make sure the transfer funds are used properly so we are continually wasting millions.
Encapsulates my disbelief. Makes you think Daddy's kids have absolutely no idea what they are doing - in any well run business all weak areas of performance are analysed and rectified in the shortest period of time to prevent said business pissing money up the wall. Even average areas of performance are looked at to see how they can improve and make more money than they're doing.

I don't care what business you go into as a top dog, you look at your competitors, you get a feel for how things are done, then you go out and find the best people for said jobs, cross-referencing their credentials with the proper due diligence. You don't have to know a single thing about the 'product' you're selling, if you employ experts in said field who do all the heavy lifting.

The Glazers have not even done well by themselves and dividends they could be taking out of the club for running it correctly, let alone by the club and its ambitions. It screams gross incompetence from the lot of them - fair enough, find your feet, make your errors in hiring etc. but learn from those mistakes, think of how or why they are happening and fix the leaks. We have a 'business model' that Avram would not have stood for because it'd be losing him money, not because he gave two shits about the club.

How does the simple logic of running us properly leads to far more profit escape them? The whole of the footballing side of this venture is failing and they sit there and watch it burn, time after time. If they have their way with Ole staying, it's almost a certainty yet another cycle of a team gutted of top players will begin. That's a massive waste of money - how does this escape them?

Dan_F

Giving everyone the week off when the thing we need to focus on more than anything is our formation, strategy etc. which takes time to work on. I can see us getting a win over Watford, everything is rosey, talk of how we've moved on from the bad spell, then losing at Villarreall and suddenly shit hits the fans and the club start panicking.
Who’s left at the club and fit from the first team? AWB, Matic and Sancho? I look forward to what seeing what those three can produce against Watford with a brand new formation.

Laurencio

To be honest, Moyes had a title winning squad, even if it was on his last leg.

I remember when Rooney and Van Persie were injured, we had a good run with Welbeck up front, winning 1-0 in the league. When they came back from injury, Moyes dropped welbeck to play them and I thought it was a mistake…it went back to sh*t after that.
Big players did not respect Moyes because he wasn’t a winner, just not at the level of the club.

Now, Ronaldo is back and can see what we have become and has no respect for Ole or the staff. How could he ? Everywhere he went there was a winning mentality.

Ole wants big players but they are just too big for him, as the club is. It was alright when he had young players or some who won nothing and when winning was not expected…but now…

Now there is Ronaldo and Varane in the dressing room and even if they are not disrupting it, I think that players can just see through this winners that we will never win anything under Ole.

It’s a bit like with Moyes who asked the players to show him how to win ! Players can feel he is not the leader he is supposed to be to drive them to titles, so all motivation is lost.
I honestly don't think Ronaldo and Varane being too big is the problem. They are not the ones underperforming, nor does their body language suggest that they ignore tactical instructions - there's a long list of names that does though.

I think the problem is the same one he faced at Cardiff. When he became "stuck" he brought in former ManUtd players and staff that he knew personally, who he said had the right "mentality". Which we all know ended disastrously as the ManUtd rejects just weren't good enough. He's doing the same for us now. In the case of Ronaldo that was probably a good idea, but for the coaching staff they might just not have the experience, ability or pressence to properly coach these players. I'm leaning towards ability and experience at the moment - I think players respect the coaching staff, and those that don't are probably too professional for it to matter all that much (Varane and Ronaldo). They will probably become even better under proper guidance, so we have that to look forward to.

Incidentally he did the same at Molde - successfully - brought in former ManUtd youth players and a handful of staff members. In that league it worked. In the premier league I just don't think it's good enough. It is telling that every other part of the club (youth, commercial, women's, scouting, analytics) are filled with professionals with a solid track record, and our first team is just not.

Thepinhead

Lack of belief

I don't think it is the problem. It's more a result of the problem. Problem is we aren't pressing as a team which creates way too much space between our lines which makes it really hard to defend and therefor easily puts our defenders in a situation where they look really poor.

When our attackers start a press our midfield and WB's sits back infront of our CB's and when our attackers press has been beaten the midfield starts to press which creates space between midfield and defense so opposition attackers have loads of space to run in against our fairly slow CB's. It really is a coaching issue and I am surprised our staff has been given time off because these things could easily be worked on now.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Mark Odgen said this morning that it was like having University students being taught by secondary school teachers.
At the moment it's more like Einstein being taught physics by a secondary school teacher

Laurencio

So is today the big day then?
He's not getting sacked while on holiday. Something sensational would have to happen for that to be the case. Even if we negotiated a contract with someone, agreed a buy out price and had a contract ready, we would still wait for him to get back before we sacked him.

Giggsyking

3 years with more than 400 million, what do we fans get? no titles, no gameplay,nothing.. only disappointment and stressssssssss
400 m and dont forget 2 world class strikers one of them free and the other för 12m so the total amount does not say the reality of the quality of squad he has in hand.

Eli Zee

based on chelsea w/ lampard vs Tuchel, the club should see the value in having an excellent manager in charge. They need to get this right with who they put In Charge next and the sooner the better

Giggsyking

The top Reds on social media are going on about "class" of United supporters, "United way", "Ole is legend so disrespecting him makes you a glory hunter" blah blah. What they don't realise is, this exact thing is something Glazers are taking advantage of, keeping club mediocre. The retort to this from top Reds is, they are not glory hunters and they will support club even if it falls outside football league. Well, we "glory hunters" don't want club to fall outside football league. We want club to remain one of the biggest and challenge for biggest trophies and if that means protesting to get rid of club legend, so be it. We will still love Ole the player and he will remain legend.
Those who are sticking behind him are not "top reds", they are mostly rival fans in disguise taking the p***, just take a look at the caf, the ones who were very hard Ole supporters either they changed their opinion on him and there are many examples, or they disappeared from the forum and there examples too or the last option they are his fellow country men who are still behind just because he is from Norway.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
400 m and dont forget 2 world class strikers one of them free and the other för 12m so the total amount does not say the reality of the quality of squad he has in hand.
We have;
Gk. One of the best in league
Rb- 50 mil rb on who HE insisted.
Lb- one of the best in league. Showed for England how good he is
Dc- 80 mil defender on who HE insisted. And who plays great for NT
Dc- one of the best in the world
Mc- Pogba and Bruno are world class midfielders plus Donny on who HE insisted. Fred plays for Brasil in first 11 so he is not bad player, isn't he?
Attack- top of the pops. 6 attackers. 80 mil rw, 2 world class no9s, two young players with huge huge potential and Martial who showed many times how talented he is
On top of that he has on the bench some international players like Bailly, Lindelof, Telles, Lingard, Matic, Dalot.

That team is excellent. In top 10 in Europe. After 3 years in charge that team should be working like a well oiled maschine.

Laurencio

2 recent world cup winners, 4-5 Euro winners, 1 copa America winner, and a bunch of international youth trophies.

You'd think they would be able to win football matches. We give Fred a lot of stick, but he is a regular starter for Brazil - and does quite well for them. The two players we most often get annoyed with (except for Maguire right now), Fred and Pogba, do exceptionally well for their national teams. So clearly we're doing something wrong - and if it is as easy as not having a DM (which it isn't), then why the hell did we not buy Ndidi or Rice in the summer? It's just bad management.

Giggsyking

At Real Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea, City etc, that number would be well over 90%.

There are a section of self-serving United fans who are part of the problem that runs deep at this club.
the votes he gets to stay are not united fans. Rival fans are voting for him to stay in every page and social media account.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
This just strikes me as a case of the board (glazers included) putting all their eggs in the Ole basket. He finished 2nd, almost won a cup and this year they invested heavily In the transfer market so in their puny minds this made sense. But it's quite evident they don't really have a scoobie.

Anyone with an ounce of a football brain always knew Ole would fall short. The evidence was there during his 3 years. The countless poor spells, crashing out of the CL group stages, the semi final defeats and of course the wretched EL final display. There should have been a contingency plan, they should have been planning for life after Ole, instead they reward him with a 3 year contract extension. Now they're struggling to find someone decent. Gary Neville said there was no way Man Utd would hire Conte as manager. Well why not Gary? Why wouldn't we hire a serial winner? This notion we have for longevity, coupled with so much influence from the class of 92 is doing us no favours. So we're getting exactly what we deserve now. Crying each day our board doesn't do the right thing and sack Ole, meanwhile our rivals piss themselves laughing at us whilst they can rest easy by the fact they have world class managers and a club structure that is designed for success. So United fans, reminisce on the Fergie years, enjoy looking back at the past videos, because that will be our only source of success for many many years to come.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention the piece de resistance, the man that is at the helm of all this negligence, sir ed Woodward, is now going to be appointed as a consultant! Steven King himself couldn't have written a better horror story.

Reactions: Sultan

Bestietom

We have;
Gk. One of the best in league
Rb- 50 mil rb on who HE insisted.
Lb- one of the best in league. Showed for England how good he is
Dc- 80 mil defender on who HE insisted. And who plays great for NT
Dc- one of the best in the world
Mc- Pogba and Bruno are world class midfielders plus Donny on who HE insisted. Fred plays for Brasil in first 11 so he is not bad player, isn't he?
Attack- top of the pops. 6 attackers. 80 mil rw, 2 world class no9s, two young players with huge huge potential and Martial who showed many times how talented he is
On top of that he has on the bench some international players like Bailly, Lindelof, Telles, Lingard, Matic, Dalot.

That team is excellent. In top 10 in Europe. After 3 years in charge that team should be working like a well oiled maschine.
Exactly, But under a good manager.

Laurencio

This just strikes me as a case of the board (glazers included) putting all their eggs in the Ole basket. He finished 2nd, almost won a cup and this year they invested heavily In the transfer market so in their puny minds this made sense. But it's quite evident they don't really have a scoobie.

Anyone with an ounce of a football brain always knew Ole would fall short. The evidence was there during his 3 years. The countless poor spells, crashing out of the CL group stages, the semi final defeats and of course the wretched EL final display. There should have been a contingency plan, they should have been planning for life after Ole, instead they reward him with a 3 year contract extension. Now they're struggling to find someone decent. Gary Neville said there was no way Man Utd would hire Conte as manager. Well why not Gary? Why wouldn't we hire a serial winner? This notion we have for longevity, coupled with so much influence from the class of 92 is doing us no favours. So we're getting exactly what we deserve now. Crying each day our board doesn't do the right thing and sack Ole, meanwhile our rivals piss themselves laughing at us whilst they can rest easy by the fact they have world class managers and a club structure that is designed for success. So United fans, reminisce on the Fergie years, enjoy looking back at the past videos, because that will be our only source of success for many many years to come.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention the piece de resistance, the man that is at the helm of all this negligence, sir ed Woodward, is now going to be appointed as a consultant! Steven King himself couldn't have written a better horror story.
Standard practice among CEOs at top businesses. They do that to ensure that the new CEO can call up the old one if there are issues he needs more information about. It's about ensuring a smooth transition and completely normal practice.

Otherwise - yes... *groan*

Status
Not open for further replies.