Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andersonson

The players looks shot and totally out of depth.

A big part of that is of course down to the manager, but also alot about the character of the players.

The manager and 70% of the players should be nowhere near the club

binary bot
The board have shown another level of incompetence and lack of standards that I can't even be enthusiastic for a new manager anymore. Club is rotten from top to bottom.

dove

The players looks shot and totally out of depth.

A big part of that is of course down to the manager, but also alot about the character of the players.

The manager and 70% of the players should be nowhere near the club
Players are fine but the manager is an absolute fraud who should be nowhere near this league, let alone United.

Lee565

Ole's reliance on individual brilliance is what has been his undoing as he is getting exactly that on the pitch, individuals and not a team with any togetherness.

I think there are strong parallels between when Mourinho signed a sanchez and ole signed ronaldo, both players have upset the chemistry of the side when they came in and the when toxicity started to begin at the club within the squad

LARulz

We are so badly run it's hilarious. If he gets sacked now then we wasted an international break to let someone have time to settle

DM07

I hope Ole has some shame and resigns before the Villareal game after mutual consent or just completely giving up on the compensation. A club legend wouldn't drag his club through this.

Trequarista10

He's got to go now.

Don't care if we even manage to do an Ole special, and come back from two goals behind.

NK86

Ole's reliance on individual brilliance is what has been his undoing as he is getting exactly that on the pitch, individuals and not a team with any togetherness.

I think there are strong parallels between when Mourinho signed a sanchez and ole signed ronaldo, both players have upset the chemistry of the side when they came in and the when toxicity started to begin at the club within the squad
:lol: blaming Ronaldo.

JustinC00

Right. We’re all in agreement that he should go. Does anyone actually think he will be gone before the end of the weekend?
Nope. He'll be here as long as we are in Europa because the goal the glazers have set is still attainable which is "CL Money"

Scholsey2004

What was the point signing Sancho, or any attacking midfielder who carries the ball forward, if we arent going to carry the ball forward and we're always going to play long diagonal passes to forward runs every time we reach the half way line? I love Ole for what he's done here in the past but theres nothing coherent about our play at all.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I mean, when he does go, who else??

Surely there is no place for any of this backroom staff now? What the actual feck does Carrick do? What about all the new backroom rejig with Darren Fletcher?

This is just abject failure before it's even started haha

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Donny saving his bacon now would be literal Peak Ole.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Donny saving his job would be the definition of a Shakespearean tragedy

Or comedy, I guess

TeddyBear

'Ole's CL goal was overrated'
Seriously can the players make up their fecking mind whether they want their manager to stay or go.

either you drop tools totally or give it all.

you are neither here nor there. FFS.

OneUnited24

Watching this donny performance knowing Ole kept persisting with mctom is enough of a reason to get sacked

L1nk

Winning this match now will do more long term damage to this club by keeping him around, it's sickening

LARulz

Watching this donny performance knowing Ole kept persisting with mctom is enough of a reason to get sacked
Exactly. If we win it's cos of VDB, not cos Ole became a tactical genius. For benching a player like that for so long is enough to give him the sack

Rolaholic

VDB has been spraying quality passes like Zidane out there, I don't blame him for being fed up of being benched for fecking McFred and Matic

DeGea

Let's look at this logically. And I have been thinking about this for a while. We can use deductive logic. At what point does anyone who is a professional (in whatever career) and is doing such a bad job, take a look at themselves in the mirror with honesty and say "u know what, I don't think I am doing a good job here, it is not good for the club, I will go and let someone else have a go". I know people who are in such a public position as Ole who would voluntarily go by now if they are performing this badly and being talked about constantly by everyone about how bad they are. This realisation however requires the person to be honest. So, what are the possible explanations for why he is still in the job? Let's look at the possibilities.

1. He is delusional i.e. he genuinely thinks he is doing a good job. Literally no one in world football who cares about United thinks he is doing a good job. No one. If Ole thinks he is, then he is clearly delusional. Or he is being badly advised by people who keep telling him he is doing a good job and things will improve. The evidence from what we can see does not support the argument that he is doing well, so he must be delusional if he thinks he is doing well.

2. He is dishonest. He knows he is not doing a good job, but he is so desperate for the job (and could not believe his luck that he was appointed) or he needs the money (I doubt he does) that he is unwilling to walk away.

3. He is arrogant. This is kind of similar to being delusional, but deep inside he actually knows he is not doing a good job but he has his ego and is refusing to leave unless sacked.

4. He is being asked by the club to stay. I think this is unlikely, but not impossible.

Anyone can think of any other possible explanations?

Personally, I think he has an ego despite his facade of being nice and smiley etc2, his '99 exploits perhaps has gone to his head and he is refusing to believe that he cannot turn this around despite evidence to the contrary. So a combination of 1 and 3. To the point he is oblivious that he is actually doing pretty badly when you look at the data and considering the players he has at his disposal. This is also I think the reason why he surrounds himself with "Yes Men" like Carrick and Phelan who cannot go and make a managerial career of their own - it makes him feel better and feeds his ego. Phelan was atrocious as a manager. You can always tell when someone is not actually that good - they piggy back on someone else and look successful but when they have to go out and do it themselves they struggle, that's the real test.

The worrying thing is if he loves the club enough, he should be able to look at this with a neutral's hat on and see that it is not working, yet it appears to an outsider that he is failing to see this. I am fed up with the pressers as well, the journalists all ask tame stupid questions, they need to interrogate him more and ask more specific tactical/job security questions etc to at least make him see that people are raging.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
If anything the success of his substitution with Donny is entirely damning of his management as this is a guy he's largely cast out until now despite all our other midfielders having looked completely clueless for weeks now.

MichaelRed

What was Ole saying about how Maguire is a proper United player that's going to come out and prove all the critics wrong? Yea, okay then. Muppet.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
If anything the success of his substitution with Donny is entirely damning of his management as this is a guy he's largely cast out until now despite all our other midfielders having looked completely clueless for weeks now.
Still clapping him off later?

Status
Not open for further replies.