Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

laughtersassassin

Even if we lose 7-0, he wont be sacked. He only needs to manage to get top 4 i.e. the 4th place, as the other 3 will be so far out of sight come the end of the season.
Not if fans actually start to uphold standards.

Ole was all talk when he came in. He should be held to the standards he preached when he first got there.

To willingly waste a year we have Ronaldo Bruno Varane Pogba would be criminal

bonothom

Winner gets a Kenwood juicer.

I've got February 14th 2022.
Not soon enough. Already 8 points behind Chelsea, dropped 10 points to mid or lower table teams and have to beat Liverpool, Spurs and City just to get back in contention. It baffles me how fans can be happy with this.

Chairman Steve

I don’t understand if people think OGS is worth keeping over Conte or Zidane. Maybe they’re not compatible with what we’ve currently got (especially Conte) but they’ve got better CVs than OGS has, and trying to argue against that is asinine.

But these notions of potential managers we have are meaningless anyway until we get them in. Every option is a risk at the end of the day. I‘m personally leaning towards Erik ten Hag at the moment but he could flop big time for us. On the other hand, Conte could come in and do the business for us and we can laugh at how we all thought he wasnt a good fit as he’s raising the Champions League trophy.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Even if we lose 7-0, he wont be sacked. He only needs to manage to get top 4 i.e. the 4th place, as the other 3 will be so far out of sight come the end of the season.
Says who? We are not Arsenal ffs.

Flying high

Not soon enough. Already 8 points behind Chelsea, dropped 10 points to mid or lower table teams and have to beat Liverpool, Spurs and City just to get back in contention. It baffles me how fans can be happy with this.
Be baffled no longer, fellow united fan.

None of us are happy about it.

lsd

The Oracle
Ole in. The players love him the fans love him, have some faith

izec

Says who? We are not Arsenal ffs.
Moyes snd van Gaal were only sacked once they missed pit on top 4. Jose was toxic and we were shambles. Since Ole isnt toxic and hasnt lost the players, i can only see missing out on top 4 (money) giving him the sack

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Moyes snd van Gaal were only sacked once they missed pit on top 4. Jose was toxic and we were shambles. Since Ole isnt toxic and hasnt lost the players, i can only see missing out on top 4 (money) giving him the sack
Don't go by the past. It's going to be a decade since we last won the League or CL. MAJOR HONORS I mean. It hurts the brand value and am sure it already has. Also we never had the assembly of talents we have now, in years. Further, do you think the best talents will want to join us if we become perennial also rans in the league and never serious contenders? Hurts the brand value further. A time will come when we will not be able to lure players with wages of half a mil per week. We will not become footnotes like Arsenal and Milan. I hope so. But fear the worst. I want us to be serious contenders, play good football, dominate home games and also sign the best young talents in the next few years. With the current set up it ain't gonna happen.

IncyWincySpider

We're in danger of being absolutely schooled by the big boys this season. I really hope we get a result tomorrow to at least stem the flow a bit because if we lose we're pretty much in free fall, I think.

As I understood it this season was supposed to be the fruition of the rebuild but the way it's going we're heading back to square one.

steve.crowford

The only reason I'm not in Ole Out camp is because I want Ten Hag to replace him and he won't come mid season.
Btw this doesn't mean I'm Ole in either.

NextSeason

From the banks of the Irwell, to Sicily..
I don’t understand if people think OGS is worth keeping over Conte or Zidane. Maybe they’re not compatible with what we’ve currently got (especially Conte) but they’ve got better CVs than OGS has, and trying to argue against that is asinine.

But these notions of potential managers we have are meaningless anyway until we get them in. Every option is a risk at the end of the day. I‘m personally leaning towards Erik ten Hag at the moment but he could flop big time for us. On the other hand, Conte could come in and do the business for us and we can laugh at how we all thought he wasnt a good fit as he’s raising the Champions League trophy.
Jose and LvG were CV managers and look how that worked out.

mattsville

I would prefer he was'nt sacked but just had a discussion with the powers that be and agree we are going with a different manger to take it to the next level, he has done great work and restored some United feel to things, who ever takes over now has a fabulous foundation to build on and that was Ole's work, don't know though if that is how the club will operate, the appointments of Murtough and Fletcher are new to everybody and we don't really know their remit.

hobbers

I would prefer he was'nt sacked but just had a discussion with the powers that be and agree we are going with a different manger to take it to the next level
Never going to happen. Why would he walk away from the £15m or so United will have to pay to him if they sack him?

Which is exactly why everyone with their head screwed on knew that offering Ole a new deal before the season had even kicked off was idiotic.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I would prefer he was'nt sacked but just had a discussion with the powers that be and agree we are going with a different manger to take it to the next level, he has done great work and restored some United feel to things, who ever takes over now has a fabulous foundation to build on and that was Ole's work, don't know though if that is how the club will operate, the appointments of Murtough and Fletcher are new to everybody and we don't really know their remit.
I also would prefer it if a situation like Pellegrini could be agreed, where we announce a strategy moving forward and Ole can see it out until January or May with the club and team knowing that a new coach is coming in.

Players would be trying to impress the new guy coming in. And Ole could get a pressure free period of time to transition out of the club and maybe go out on a high.

I don’t wanna see him ravaged and frazzled and left to fail hard until Top 4 is lost and then the pathetic board finally step in.

But at the same time, he clearly isn’t good enough to coach a team with aspirations to win the PL.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Even if we lose tomorrow he's not being sacked. I think it would have to be an absolute walloping or say 4 or 5 for that to even be a possibility and I still don't think they would do it.

Ole will probably get the season now and see how we do. If we don't finish top 4 he's definitely gone. If we finish 4th but are miles behind the winners he will probably go.

Ole outers need to park it now. He's going nowhere for now. Just get behind the club for a bit and revisit the manager situation again.

dinostar77

Duncan Castles on Transfer Window Podcast: Apparently Utd haven't put out any feelers for discussions with potential managers. Glazers are not happy with the performances considering their investment this summer.

Theres been discontent and arguments with Ole and his staff in the dressing room. The training and match preparation isnt up to the level some of the elite players expectations.

Apparently Conte's agent has briefed journalists that conte would be interested in the job as hes desperate to win the CL and thinks the squad is good enough.

Though Conte comes with his own caveats for taking the job if it was ever offered. Plus Conte prefers to have a full preseason rather than takeover midseason.

Zidane was mentioned as well. These are the two biggest profile managers who are free and the glazers wouldnt have to pay compensation for. Not to say Glazers wont go for a manger who is contracted to another club. So far all speculation.

Anyway sounds like Ole has time, though if things go badly over next 5-7 games who knows what glazers will do.

Flytan

Duncan Castles on Transfer Window Podcast: Apparently Utd haven't put out any feelers for discussions with potential managers. Glazers are not happy with the performances considering their investment this summer.

Theres been discontent and arguments with Ole and his staff in the dressing room. The training and match preparation isnt up to the level some of the elite players expectations.

Apparently Conte's agent has briefed journalists that conte would be interested in the job as hes desperate to win the CL and thinks the squad is good enough.

Though Conte comes with his own caveats for taking the job if it was ever offered. Plus Conte prefers to have a full preseason rather than takeover midseason.

Zidane was mentioned as well. These are the two biggest profile managers who are free and the glazers wouldnt have to pay compensation for. Not to say Glazers wont go for a manger who is contracted to another club. So far all speculation.

Anyway sounds like Ole has time, though if things go badly over next 5-7 games who knows what glazers will do.
Interesting that he's the second reporter now who is saying players are unhappy. I know it was the sun but they mentioned how Bruno was pissed at oles tactics and Ronaldo gave them the halftime speech.

Will probably boil over soon. Glazers want to appease the fans without spending money so firing ole if the fan base finally turns on him is an easy out. Think the players have to do it first though

Snuffkin

This time tomorrow he will be as good as gone, I think all his chickens will come home to roost against Pool. Midfield will be non-existent, Maguire will fall over, AWB sent off, Shaw be found at the wrong end of the pitch, Ronaldo pouting, Old Trafford groaning.

UDontMessWith24

Even if we lose tomorrow he's not being sacked. I think it would have to be an absolute walloping or say 4 or 5 for that to even be a possibility and I still don't think they would do it.

Ole will probably get the season now and see how we do. If we don't finish top 4 he's definitely gone. If we finish 4th but are miles behind the winners he will probably go.

Ole outers need to park it now. He's going nowhere for now. Just get behind the club for a bit and revisit the manager situation again.
Why can’t they simultaneously support the club and discuss his deficiencies on a Man Utd message board?

hobbers

Ole hasn't earned anybody parking the issue. It's a game by game issue now and will remain so until the inevitable happens.

I don't mean just from a United fan point of view. Pundits and journos will be trotting out articles and opinion pieces about Ole now after every defeat. Barring some miraculous recovery where we win the next 3-4 games on the trot and start to look like something resembling a competent football team.

beer&grill

And what else are we supposed to do on a forum? Say things like: nice goal, what a sick pass by Bruno, I wonder what version of iPad is Ole using? By this logic, what’s the point in discussing Fred’s performances as he’s going nowhere this season? Just park it and get behind the club by supporting Fred.

Status
Not open for further replies.