• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

When City beat us 6-1 were they singing SAF must stay? If we beat pool 5-0 today would we be singing Klopp In.

Everyone in football knows what our problem is.
Remember when we had KRAP campaign. Apart from few deluded people, it's clear to everyone that Ole is out of his depth

lilcurt

I'm hoping the lack of social media posts is due to something happening behind the scenes. He has to go, keeping him would be beyond a joke.

Put a caretaker in charge while we tie up Zidane or god willing convince Ten Hag. It can't get worse than this!

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Said it was his fault since he sets up the team, defended his coaching staff. But claimed he was still the right man for job by claiming that we were "very close". To what? I have no idea.
Imagine an employee having to adress the office everyday on how he deserves to be in the job. Ludicrous. But then again when the janitor is asked to work as the CEO this is expected.

caid

It has to be time up.
8 points off the pace this early in the season has to be regarded as a failure. The champions league group being so, so close to total disaster has to be regarded as a failure.
I really dont think many points will be dropped this season by Chelsea and City, i wouldn't be confident of Liverpool dropping many. Chelsea have played 9 and dropped 5 points, thats a lot of games that we need to win every week before we catch up.

BrianLy

Why wait until the end of the season?! Cheating the fans, the season is still salvageable.
What evidence is there to suggest that we can find someone better based on the experience since Fergie left? It's a disgraceful and embarrassing result, but it's not like we are 10 points off qualifying for the champions league with 4 games left. Consider that this would be new manager under Woodward who has no responsibility after January (not that he seems to care.)

A clean start would be January and statistically we can well in contention for CL qualification, even if challenging for all competitions this season is unlikely. That would likely result in a better long term outcome than trying to bring whichever manager is available this week.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
I'm not even joking, I'm struggling to understand how the announcement hasn't come out.

Whilst the players are certainly culpable...tactically he just performed an act of suicide against probably the best team in the country and our most bitter rivals. It's time to go

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Do you put in a new manager now and have him potentially get off to a disastrous start with 3 extremely difficult away games in a row or wait for the international break and let him get some time with players and start against Watford?

IWat

I'm hoping the lack of social media posts is due to something happening behind the scenes. He has to go, keeping him would be beyond a joke.
There is no point in sacking him to give someone else who isn't right a 2-3 year blank cheque because this year they didn't have their squad and next year we get a small improvement etc etc. The club is becoming Kafkaesque. There needs to be a long term plan and a search for a manager who is right and fits the role, not just whoever happens to be free at the time.

I want Ole out but I can see exactly where this is going, emotional reaction, someone brought in because they're available but not ideal, everyone saying they need to be given time.. it's not their squad etc. And in 2-3 years we'll be back here in the exact same situation.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
What evidence is there to suggest that we can find someone better based on the experience since Fergie left? It's a disgraceful and embarrassing result, but it's not like we are 10 points off qualifying for the champions league with 4 games left. Consider that this would be new manager under Woodward who has no responsibility after January (not that he seems to care.)

A clean start would be January and statistically we can well in contention for CL qualification, even if challenging for all competitions this season is unlikely. That would likely result in a better long term outcome than trying to bring whichever manager is available this week.
Why is CL qualification the deciding factor here? We finished second last season and spent a fortune to improve the squad in order to push on and challenge for the league this year.

It's become clear as day now that Solskjaer is not the manager to lead us to a title, so it's time to act. The results and performances are an absolute embarrassment.

We need to act like a big club for once and not turn into the new Arsenal, where the manager is safe as long as top 4 is within reach.

Sad thing is, though, the board only acts when top 4 is gone.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Do you put in a new manager now and have him potentially get off to a disastrous start with 3 extremely difficult away games in a row or wait for the international break and let him get some time with players and start against Watford?
Now . If you don’t sack a manager after a performance like that you will never sack him.
Disastrous start? What are City & Chelsea going to do to us if Ole is still there?

Skills

Snitch
Why should that even feature in the thought process?

If that new guy ends up getting us even 1 point more than Solskjaers expected to, you should make the move. And that's an easy move because we'll end up donuting the next few games under OGS

Foxbatt

By January the way we play we won't be in contention for CL. Heck even Moysie is above us.

Ixion

I think he only gets sacked before the end of the season either if we fail to get out of the CL group stage or when it's mathematically impossible to get top 4 (unless there's like 1 game to go when that happens then they'd wait)

Kaos

Oh, i must say this. You fu***rs wanting him gone - you are shit. Never supporters.
Do you support United or Ole? No one wanted him to fail, and we all wanted nothing more than for him to succeed as it would have made an incredible story. But its clear as daylight this hasn't worked. So calling fans out for being poor supporters for wanting him gone for the sake of the club is poor form on your part.

El Zoido

100% he'll be sacked before Christmas if things go on like this. We play City in two weeks, will it be any different than today? I doubt it. We're shocking. At some point, enough is enough.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Keep the faith. He's been the best squad builder and his team has played the best football since Fergie retired. People are fickle. It's totally shit to be humped by Liverpool at home and I'm getting it left, right and centre at the moment, but Ole's got some massive results against the big teams in recent seasons and broke the record for being unbeaten away from home. He's brought through young talent and will continue to do so imo. We have progressed and, while I'm not delighted with our current run, it won't last forever.

lilcurt

There is no point in sacking him to give someone else who isn't right a 2-3 year blank cheque because this year they didn't have their squad and next year we get a small improvement etc etc. The club is becoming Kafkaesque. There needs to be a long term plan and a search for a manager who is right and fits the role, not just whoever happens to be free at the time.

I want Ole out but I can see exactly where this is going, emotional reaction, someone brought in because they're available but not ideal, everyone saying they need to be given time.. it's not their squad etc. And in 2-3 years we'll be back here in the exact same situation.
No, the conditioning from the club mouth pieces has made you think everything takes time and there needs to be this perfect long term plan for things to work. Of you are making a long-term plan you play the odds of success, you don't give Ole the job in the first place.

I'm all for finding the right person, Ole still needs to go now and we can have a caretaker for the rest of the season (just don't give them the job). Waiting will the summer is just prolonging our road trying to reach our destination.

With the squad we should be competitive at all levels, player for player I have our squad above Liverpool!

Any big club would act now!

United Hobbit

Absolutely must be sacked TONIGHT

Just sat back on the coach for the 7 hour drive home

That was the most pathetic, spineless, abysmal performance I've seen in a long time. And that says something after some of our performances lately

There was no desire, so much back sideways passing as if we were the ones 4-0 up.

No pressing. No work rate. Just jogging about casually. No trying to win the ball. No hard tackles. If I hadn't been there I'd have had said we were playing a non league side in the fa Cup.

He can't hide behind the red card as we were already 5 down at that point. Liverpool could have got more but took their foot off the gas

He was in his seat a lot of the first half. That just sends the message to the players this was acceptable. Or he doesn't know how to fix it so no point him standing up

He HAS to go. I'd have got rid of him after Leicester and never would have renewed him as all the signs were there. Get rid of him now, sign a decent midfielder in the January transfer window and we may JUST win a trophy

Thanks for that goal Ole but we MUST separate Ole the player and Ole the manager. He'd laid some decent foundations but it's time to go.

That was the worst performance I have seen in a long long time. I'd say he's lost the dressing room, the players have a lot to answer for they were playing Liverpool ffs but Ole must be sacked. Tonight.

The fans were fantastic, trying to rouse the team along despite being 5 down. Interestingly, I didn't here the Ole's at the wheel song (good) bar from the Liverpool fans

mancan92

Literally doesn't matter anyway. Maybe we'll get a new manager bounce. Atleast he will get to try out some things.

CloneMC16

Any manager saying this shouldn't be hired. This club does not need a whole new team. The squad here is already very strong. We need to bring in a manager that can win with the current players. At the absolute most, they would want a new midfielder.

Keep the faith. He's been the best squad builder and his team has played the best football since Fergie retired. People are fickle. It's totally shit to be humped by Liverpool at home and I'm getting it left, right and centre at the moment, but Ole's got some massive results against the big teams in recent seasons and broke the record for being unbeaten away from home. He's brought through young talent and will continue to do so imo. We have progressed and, while I'm not delighted with our current run, it won't last forever.
We should have been destroyed by other teams this season as well. They just didn't have the players to punish us. This is the first good team we've faced and gotten the result we deserved. I don't see how it's being fickle. Our performances have been very bad for quite a long time now. We're conceding goals for fun. The only player Ole has brought through is Greenwood.

Kaos

I don't think its fickle to suggest we've regressed this season. All the stats back that up. I also think the suggestion that we've played the best football under him to be somewhat debatable, but even if that were the case, its hardly a badge of honour considering he's replaced the likes of Moyes, LVG and Mourinho with their tumescent ball, and even by its own merit's Ole's football has been pretty poor and uninspiring to watch.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Sacked in the morning. Even for an incompetent board as ours it will be a new low if that's not the case.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Just no. The teams at the top of the table are winning football matches consistently, week after week, month after month. They are in the running for trophies every single season. They play fantastic football and also grind our results where necessary.

You get that consistency from having excellent footballers and fantastic coaching. We have the excellent footballers and are wasting them with amateurs.

We will NEVER be consistent with Ole, and as such, will NEVER be in contention for trophies. Downturns in form are always right around the corner because the way we play football is inefficient and inept.

We need, and the players deserve, a proper coach. No more of this rubbish about keeping faith. There is nothing to believe in. We are our own worst enemy.

OrcaFat

It has to be time up.
8 points off the pace this early in the season has to be regarded as a failure. The champions league group being so, so close to total disaster has to be regarded as a failure.
I really dont think many points will be dropped this season by Chelsea and City, i wouldn't be confident of Liverpool dropping many. Chelsea have played 9 and dropped 5 points, thats a lot of games that we need to win every week before we catch up.
8 points could be made up. We show no sign of being able to win a single premiership game so that makes catching up tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.