• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

predator

Youth NITK
I'm warming to the idea of conte. Basically I think any manager with a coaching team that can put discipline into our defence will be a massive improvement. If said manager also has a system of playing that our players follow then we have all the ingredients for success.

The club will probably wait until the end of the season because they haven't even approached any manager yet.

DevTheRed

Judging by his comments about him thinking he’s close, he isn’t going to resign. If, after that performance, he can come out and say he thinks he’s doing a good job and he thinks there’s real progression then he’ll never resign.

But the club need to act and sack him because he doesn’t have the players support that’s clear, and judging by many of the comments from supporters who were at the ground they’ve lost hope in him too.

Love the guy and thank him for his efforts but he isn’t the guy to take us forward.

Roboc7

I’ve always kept my vote as sack because he’s never been good enough. We should have had the sense to move on every summer he’s been here, not because he’s been terrible but because he was never going to be good enough to get us to the level required.

But football doesn’t work like that you have to wait until it’s a disaster and there is no other choice.

Shiva87

I feel sorry for Ole today. He has tried to do everything the right way, but it's plainly obvious that he isn't good enough.

At a personal level, watching him and Fergie today will remain one of my worst footballing memories for a long time.

Ole looked broken like someone came into his home and robbed him of everything he has. He put up a brave face for the media but he can't survive that in his own head.

The issues with Ole keep coming back and the problem is that he doesn't seem to learn from mistakes. He's got a lot right and has got the squad into a much better shape than when he took over, but it's brutal now for him.

He's held his hands up for poor performances from the team one too many times now. The players are so disjointed, it feels like we are a high quality pub team.

I'm not sure he survives tonight. If he does, then I don't see how he gets the dressing room back after those mistakes.

It's unfortunate, but it's done. I hoped for better, but the romance has gone now.

You will still remain a legend Ole. Please don't stick around longer and become the villain.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
There should be an undecided option

sparx99

Do you put in a new manager now and have him potentially get off to a disastrous start with 3 extremely difficult away games in a row or wait for the international break and let him get some time with players and start against Watford?
Sack him now. Let Phelan etc coach the team for 3 games while you appoint the new guy?

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I feel sorry for Ole today. He has tried to do everything the right way, but it's plainly obvious that he isn't good enough.

At a personal level, watching him and Fergie today will remain one of my worst footballing memories for a long time.

Ole looked broken like someone came into his home and robbed him of everything he has. He put up a brave face for the media but he can't survive that in his own head.

The issues with Ole keep coming back and the problem is that he doesn't seem to learn from mistakes. He's got a lot right and has got the squad into a much better shape than when he took over, but it's brutal now for him.

He's held his hands up for poor performances from the team one too many times now. The players are so disjointed, it feels like we are a high quality pub team.

I'm not sure he survives tonight. If he does, then I don't see how he gets the dressing room back after those mistakes.

It's unfortunate, but it's done. I hoped for better, but the romance has gone now.

You will still remain a legend Ole. Please don't stick around longer and become the villain.
When he's gone and this nightmare ends, I'm prepared to see it this way. The thing that prevents me is his complete incompetence and how sure of himself he is. He parades around laughing like he's untouchable and has done great things here. The sooner I see less of that I'll ease up and go back to loving Ole the player, putting all this behind me but thanking him for what he did get right.

sparx99

Judging by his comments about him thinking he’s close, he isn’t going to resign. If, after that performance, he can come out and say he thinks he’s doing a good job and he thinks there’s real progression then he’ll never resign.

But the club need to act and sack him because he doesn’t have the players support that’s clear, and judging by many of the comments from supporters who were at the ground they’ve lost hope in him too.

Love the guy and thank him for his efforts but he isn’t the guy to take us forward.
It sounded delusional which is honesty quite sad.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
The Glazers will only want to sack him if the spreadsheet tells them to. They don't give a fek what the fans think, top red or otherwise, so long as they pay.

So the question for them is 'Is there another manager who can get them top four who is available and will cost less than it will cost them to miss out on top four and sack Ole?'

Maybe but probably not given the now unmissable weaknesses in the squad at DM. Therefore wait till end of season. If money is to be spent then spend it on a decent DM who can patch the hole even temporarily.

I don't thing that's going to be a sustainable position but that's how they will be thinking right now. However if the soft fans in Asia and Africa stop watching and buying the merch because we are routinely losing then the business model stops working. We saw that in Jose's last days and weeks. So maybe he won't last long?

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
I think the real question is what would not take to sack him.

if 5-0 at home to Liverpool isn’t a sackable offence on the back of clear regression despite world class recruitment, what is?

Fooza

Behind the scenes:

Woodward on the phone to the Glazers: We just lost 5-0 to Liverpool at OT

Glazers: Are we still in contention for top 4?

Woodward: Yes

Glazers: That's all I want to hear, Ole at the wheel. Let me go back to my Sunday roast with the family.

sparx99

His bottomless positivity is uncomfortable to watch at this point. The fact is Scholes called it midweek. I said to my brother and my Dad we were more likely to lose 5-0 than win today (wished I had that bet).

If most people can see it then the fact the manager doesn’t is really concerning. He literally named the same XI after the appalling first half in midweek.

I’ve never seen such tactical stubbornness in the face of poor performance followed by poor performance.

AshRK

It's funny how people still trust this board. They are not going to sack him anytime soon. We care about winning CL or PL but for them being top 4 and celebrating Sir alex's legacy is more important. We live in past glories, who cares about present or future.

DULLAGHAN

This isn't simply about this result, we've been that bad all year, we just haven't been punished by a top team. The secret is out, attack us, run at us and we crumble. If Ole stays this won't be our worst defeat this year.

Ole needs to go

justsomebloke

It's run its course. Hate to say it, but it's no longer possible to believe otherwise.

It's eight games now of weak performances and similar shortcomings, and it seems apparent there's not going to be something other than doubling down on the same approach and style.

He's got nothing to be ashamed of though. He's improved the club in a lot of ways, and laves it in a much, much better state than when he took over. He should be applauded off the grounds.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
What? It happens and you've got to face it? Really? I can see why people call him the names they do.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
It's run its course. Hate to say it, but it's no longer possible to believe otherwise.

It's eight games now of weak performances and similar shortcomings, and it seems apparent there's not going to be something other than doubling down on the same approach and style.

He's got nothing to be ashamed of though. He's improved the club in a lot of ways, and laves it in a much, much better state than when he took over. He should be applauded off the grounds.
Disagree

Hester_manc

Sometimes you have to "kill your darlings". It is sad, but he will never to as good as Tuchel or Klopp, and if United are going to improve as a club, we need someone as good as them.

Norris

Before the Spurs game. I love Ole as a player and I appreciate what he's done for us as a manager as well. He has restabilized the club, helped bring in some quality players, but I think it's time (It was time a couple of months ago, for me anyway) that we parted ways.

Acole9

Outstanding
What evidence is there to suggest that we can find someone better based on the experience since Fergie left? It's a disgraceful and embarrassing result, but it's not like we are 10 points off qualifying for the champions league with 4 games left. Consider that this would be new manager under Woodward who has no responsibility after January (not that he seems to care.)

A clean start would be January and statistically we can well in contention for CL qualification, even if challenging for all competitions this season is unlikely. That would likely result in a better long term outcome than trying to bring whichever manager is available this week.
Do I really need to give evidence? It's pretty much there for everyone to see.

We can't carry on like this, this sort of result has been coming for a while now.

Solskjaer is on borrowed time now, he'll never turn this around. I just don't see why would continue with him. Makes no sense.

BlueHaze

How long did it take Tuchel to turn things around at Chelsea? Not even 6 months and he won the CL with them. This club is still here dithering with this horrific joke of a coaching team who has taken the club to new heights in terms of embarrassment.

Parasite owners who rode and leeched on the success of the greatest manager of all time. We will never win anything major under them, forget it. They are far too clueless to ever get anything right. Chelsea, Bayern, Real or any other top club gets rid as soon as it's evident the manager is not good enough yet here we give any clueless sod 3 years...

Greck

Curious to see if he can even make it to December without going back to defensive counterattack. The big summer really threw him into a corner. He has no excuse to use those tactics and is getting exposed without them. That high press was comical.

Denis79

What did the manager say post game? Any admission of failure?
He says he takes responsibility but is quick to talk about how we weren't clinical and how much progress we've made.

It's open season on Ole and rightfully so after that performance. I just feel it's sad that he won't walk away with his head held up high, instead he will cling to this job nails and teeth until he's kicked out, that much is certain after this press-conference.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
It's incredible he won't be sacked tomorrow. At this stage we really need to look at the board and owners that will continue to let the club rot.

LoneStar

I am thankful for everything he has done so far but its time now. This cant keep on going. It was that bad that I let out a few tears after the 4:0. This is the worst game and worst feeling I have ever felt as a United Fan. I have never experienced anything more painfull.
Relax bud. It's just football at the end of the day. With the amount we invest, it's bound to come together at some point.

Probably best to stay off here though, the negativity will be insane haha (and that includes me!)

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Keep the faith. He's been the best squad builder and his team has played the best football since Fergie retired. People are fickle. It's totally shit to be humped by Liverpool at home and I'm getting it left, right and centre at the moment, but Ole's got some massive results against the big teams in recent seasons and broke the record for being unbeaten away from home. He's brought through young talent and will continue to do so imo. We have progressed and, while I'm not delighted with our current run, it won't last forever.
I see your point but we have squad of superstars now. We’ve not looked convincing this season even in games that we’ve won apart from maybe against Newcastle.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He says he takes responsibility but is quick to talk about how we weren't clinical and how much progress we've made.

It's open season on Ole and rightfully so after that performance. I just feel it's sad that he won't walk away with his head held up high, instead he will cling to this job nails and teeth until he's kicked out, that much is certain after this press-conference.
But but but...he loves the club and shit like that?

buckooo1978

Curious to see if he can even make it to December without going back to defensive counterattack. The big summer really threw him into a corner. He has no excuse to use those tactics and is getting exposed without them.
why didn't he do that today? I'm baffled - it's literally the only tactical approach he's shown any understanding of

Liverpool were actually counter attacking us in that first half as he tried to go toe to toe against them with our 4-2-4 system

Status
Not open for further replies.