• No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfrog

And exactly this.

If the Glazers wanted Ronaldo and then Conte didn't- do you think Conte would be happy with it and be fitting him in the first team too all the time?

Again I wanted Conte here, but this talk of Sancho as some mistake of Ole is just false to me. He would have started 90% games if Ronaldo had not joined.

Cavani was injured. Rashford was injured. Greenwood was our striker. Ronaldo was not signed.

Your telling me that Sancho was not planned and wouldn't have got games?

The guy who didn't have a plan was Ronaldo.

Conte is very strict to his plans - and if something doesn't line up with his short 2 year plans then he will leave the club even before getting sacked - that has the liklihood of the Glazers saying we want to buy Ronaldo on the last 2 days of the transfer window just as much as it is to buying Sancho instead of the player he actually wants.

Whether that's something Conte likes or dislikes is really all in his brain - just like Pep and Ronaldinho.
We agree then, as I am only saying Ole has no balls to impose himself.
I am pretty sure all the signings are board choices. That’s why they want a yes man.

Rolaholic

Make no mistake the main reason the club is in the state it is in is because of the kind of fans that won't criticise Ole. A lot of those who happily sing his name following a 5-0 defeat to Liverpool at Old Trafford are the same guys who have also historically not been prepared to make a stand against the Glazers - and certainly refused to back in 05 when there was actually chance that we could have stopped them taking over. Their view is bordering on brainwashed: "our only job is to support the team", whatever is happening off the field, however shite our manager. And yet, if Liverpool fans had stood by and blindly supported Hodgson then they might not have ended up with Klopp, they might still be waiting for the elusive Premier League trophy. Those fans are enabling the board. If you started to hear dissent at the ground then Ole would be gone in no time because the optics would be harmful to the brand. Glazer apologists, Ole apologists, ex-players that won't criticise Ole, happy clapping fans at the ground (and I say this as an ex ST holder myself), you're just as much to blame as the board because you are not allowing them to be held to account. You think you are showing loyalty and support but you're actually strangling the club. The writing has been on the wall since 2005, and now the chickens are coming home to roost.
Top post.

There's a big difference as to why the owners don't feel beholden to the fans like they do at other clubs, it's that they know their support is unconditional at United.

At Barcelona they were hounding a bigger club legend out of the stadium during awful runs of form a few weeks ago, Spurs fans booed the entire team off the pitch after their last defeat. United fans were still lining up for photos and autographs with the manager after the most humiliating home defeat of a lifetime.

The board and owners don't feel any pressure to actually challenge for top honors because there's little difference in the amount of support the club receives from supporters whether they win or lose.

They actually fear the fanbase at other clubs because they actually have standards that they won't accept less than and the clubs act accordingly instead of taking them for granted.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Make no mistake the main reason the club is in the state it is in is because of the kind of fans that won't criticise Ole. A lot of those who happily sing his name following a 5-0 defeat to Liverpool at Old Trafford are the same guys who have also historically not been prepared to make a stand against the Glazers - and certainly refused to back in 05 when there was actually chance that we could have stopped them taking over. Their view is bordering on brainwashed: "our only job is to support the team", whatever is happening off the field, however shite our manager. And yet, if Liverpool fans had stood by and blindly supported Hodgson then they might not have ended up with Klopp, they might still be waiting for the elusive Premier League trophy. Those fans are enabling the board. If you started to hear dissent at the ground then Ole would be gone in no time because the optics would be harmful to the brand. Glazer apologists, Ole apologists, ex-players that won't criticise Ole, happy clapping fans at the ground (and I say this as an ex ST holder myself), you're just as much to blame as the board because you are not allowing them to be held to account. You think you are showing loyalty and support but you're actually strangling the club. The writing has been on the wall since 2005, and now the chickens are coming home to roost.
Top reds could do with reading this one.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
All of the fans that were happy and begging for Mourinho basically caused our problems too.

Alot of them were on this forum.

Do we just forgive them? Should they be sacked?

These fans now pretend like they never asked for it. They literally begged for him on all 4 knees post Van Gaal.

The consequences of his tenure is the fans fault right?

Rolaholic

AKA he's getting the season if it's the last thing Ed does :lol:

How a win against one of the poorest Spurs sides in a decade helps in any way shows how much expectations are on the floor now.

Meanwhile, Conte to Spurs and Emery to Newcastle means we might just have the worst coach out of all the bigger clubs in the league

Last edited:

Razwy

Bravo, Sir! Absolutely spot on! We, the fans have more power than we think. As soon as we start boycoting games , the bankers will take action. I'm surprised we didn't figured out yet. Liverpool did the same thing in 2011.

Rusholme Ruffian

All of the fans that were happy and begging for Mourinho basically caused our problems too.

Alot of them were on this forum.

Do we just forgive them? Should they be sacked?

These fans now pretend like they never asked for it. They literally begged for him on all 4 knees post Van Gaal.

The consequences of his tenure is the fans fault right?
:houllier:

Kaos

AKA he's getting the season if it's the last thing Ed does :lol: :houllier:

How a win against one of the poorest Spurs sides in a decade helps in any way shows how much expectations are on the floor now.

Meanwhile, Conte to Spurs and Emery to Newcastle means we might just have the worst coach out of all the bigger clubs in the league
We have the worst coach out all ALL the teams in the league if you ask me, never mind the bigger clubs. I genuinely think he wouldn't be an upgrade over the likes of Farke, Bielsa, Viera etc....nor will their respective clubs even contemplate hiring him. Ridiculous the handicap we have to put up with as Manchester United, all because the incompetent manbaby accountant in charge of our club desperately wants to be vindicated.

Yakuza_devils

Great post

Almost all other clubs supporters are desperate for us to keep Ole. This tells you all you need to know about Ole. Only some minority Man Utd fans and board can't see the obvious.

Kaos

Brilliant post.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Take out the opposition fans' vote, I think Ole in is thereabouts 5% only.
I don't think its oppo posters who are pushing the number up. There are a small contingent who still have a nostalgic soft spot for a "United DNA" type manager. When you combine them with a number of Norweigian posters who are pro-Ole, along with a few oppos, you get the 15% number.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Who is this guy that has so much insight into the minds of thousands of people with such unnerving accuracy? He surely has a gift!

croadyman

Top post.

There's a big difference as to why the owners don't feel beholden to the fans like they do at other clubs, it's that they know their support is unconditional at United.

At Barcelona they were hounding a bigger club legend out of the stadium during awful runs of form a few weeks ago, Spurs fans booed the entire team off the pitch after their last defeat. United fans were still lining up for photos and autographs with the manager after the most humiliating home defeat of a lifetime.

The board and owners don't feel any pressure to actually challenge for top honors because there's little difference in the amount of support the club receives from supporters whether they win or lose.

They actually fear the fanbase at other clubs because they actually have standards that they won't accept less than and the clubs act accordingly instead of taking them for granted.
Yeah there is no fear of a fanbase backlash from this lot and so will just carry on with this apprenticeship charade

90 + 5min

What a happy place this thread is. Important game today and people trying to be as negative as possible. Now fans that don't boooo are problem? Every day there are new ideas just to keep negativity going.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
What a happy place this thread is. Important game today and people trying to be as negative as possible. Now fans that don't boooo are problem? Every day there are new ideas just to keep negativity going.
The fans are the most important part of any club and can drive change. Ours in large seem to accept mediocre status. That's fine if that is what you're into.

Kaos

It's not about being negative for the sake of it, but by pulling our heads from the sand and realising this club has a serious apathy problem with enabling mediocrity. Smaller clubs and their fans don't tolerate it, but we seemingly do. That's warrants discussing or challenging no?

Rusholme Ruffian

there's not booing, and then there's moronically singing the manager's name at every opportunity just to show what a great fan you are.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
We have the worst coach out all ALL the teams in the league if you ask me, never mind the bigger clubs. I genuinely think he wouldn't be an upgrade over the likes of Farke, Bielsa, Viera etc....nor will their respective clubs even contemplate hiring him. Ridiculous the handicap we have to put up with as Manchester United, all because the incompetent manbaby accountant in charge of our club desperately wants to be vindicated.
Agree with this completely but Viera shouldn’t be mentioned in there with the ‘struggling’ managers! He’s a great coach!

It is incredible that the biggest club in the PL and one of the richest clubs on Earth has somehow managed to employ easily the worst manager in the entire league.

It’s incredible really. Like… how?

How are people not losing their jobs over that?

Imagine being the richest guy in your city and driving around in an old Nissan Micra because your grandad won a rally in completely different type of Nissan 30 years ago…

It’s insanity.

Last edited:

Rusholme Ruffian

Who is this guy that has so much insight into the minds of thousands of people with such unnerving accuracy? He surely has a gift!
Not a gift, just a pair of eyes and ears. I've sat with them in the ground, I drink with them in the pub, I'm friends and family with some of them, and I can recognise the same traits in them on a forum too.

JoaquinJoaquin

Couldn't of said it any better myself.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The fans are the most important part of any club and can drive change. Ours in large seem to accept mediocre status. That's fine if that is what you're into.
Exactly this.

So why are the fans to blame only when the manager is not being sacked and why are the fans not to blame when they influence the wrong manager being hired?

It's ying and yang isn't it?

dove

I bet you were one of those happily singing Ole's name while we were being absolutely trashed by our biggest rival. Our fans ARE a problem, at any other BIG club fans would have forced the club to do something, hell even Spurs did that..... Meanwhile we are fine with being a laughing stock, watching best managers go to our rivals, blindly expecting any random coach like Ole to turn into SAF... 3 years without a trophy, still playing a crap disjointed aimless style of football, chasing someone for 2 years and paying over £70m without any clue how to utilise the player to help the team is Ole's reign here. Clueless.

bonothom

Here's hoping the Conte Spurs thing goes tits up. Although I have a feeling United maybe the ones that are affected the most by this decision and could well drop out of the top 4. I think Ole will be out of a job at the end of the season.

90 + 5min

Ofcourse, fans are important part. But i disagree that we accept mediocre status. I don't even think we are mediocre. Champions League and top 4 show that. Now, we haven't won title in a couple of years but that doesn't mean we are mediocre.

It's not about being negative for the sake of it, but by pulling our heads from the sand and realising this club has a serious apathy problem with enabling mediocrity. Smaller clubs and their fans don't tolerate it, but we seemingly do. That's warrants discussing or challenging no?
We don't have to tolerate everything. But we don't have to be Watford or some other club sacking managers 3-4 times a season.

there's not booing, and then there's moronically singing the manager's name at every opportunity just to show what a great fan you are.
A fan isn't meassured in how much you sing or how little you booo. A fan is a fan. I'm not a person that signs when I'm watching, that doesn't make me better och worse then any other fan.

Kaos

We don't have to tolerate everything. But we don't have to be Watford or some other club sacking managers 3-4 times a season.
No one says we need to be Watford or Chelsea, but then again we don't to be at the other extreme tolerating poor managers for long periods of time. I feel like there's a middle ground there.

I Am Zlatan

Spot on. We the fans are being enablers, we really need to target the board and the Glazers, and we need to continuously do it through good times and bad times, otherwise, we are finished as a top club.

steffyr2

I dont get it.

Why are the fans to blame when they don't make a sacking but the fans are not to blame when they make the wrong hiring.

Everyone nearly everyone was begging for Mourinho here.
Weird. This is the reason that Ole stays, and will stay. Any "non-Utd DNA" manager comes with a certain solid percentage of the fans who just hate hate hate them. When times get tough, the percentage of hate reaches a level that it can't be ignored.
For Ole, there's always an underlayment of good will -- threads about "And Solskjaer has won it!" and how he's nice to the tea lady (when those other non-Utd managers were soooo mean). He can survive anything...blame will get shuffled off onto someone else, no matter how ridiculous.

Why would the club get rid of him? He's not totally incompetent. Fans like him, players like him (no real demands), he doesn't rock the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.