Ole & United vs. Frank & Chelsea: who will have the better season?

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
On the handful of games I've seen of Chelsea this season I think they move the ball pretty well and are quite good in their attacking patterns, they just don't finish them off well enough. I'd say they have a clearer style of football than ours but like I said I've not seen enough to really make a proper judgement on their style of play. Not signing a striker in January could cost them big time.
I agree it is hard to say because both clubs are in a very similar position. Chelsea have a lot of players that are good on the ball and good technically, even if some of them ultimately might not be good enough. In some aspects of the game, it helps having players like Jorginho and Kovacic in midfield as they provides a grounding point for the rest of the team. Every time something fails, they always start again from the same spot with those guys in charge. It can look and be a specific style but I believe it is also makes it easier to recognise that because of the qualities of those players in that specific position. You look at that game, and with our midfield, our plan is as clear as theirs, just that we usually lack consistent midfielders with the technique to control a game.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Thread needs to be updated. Chelsea last season didn't have a transfer window and now things have even out. Seeing more progress in lampard Chelsea team over ole's United team. This is one reason why so many people criticize Ole and he is favorite for the sack.

JohnnyLaw

They’ve had a pretty comfortable start to the season to be fair. After Newcastle they’ve got a really tough set of fixtures lined up, let’s see how they cope then.

PoTMS

They are both shite. Both will be sacked this season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
They’ve had a pretty comfortable start to the season to be fair. After Newcastle they’ve got a really tough set of fixtures lined up, let’s see how they cope then.
I know right? They've played a game more than us this season and even then they're only 8 games in themselves.

Realistically what was true last season will continue to be the case, neither side will win the league under their current managers

Greck

Only one set of fans have a large chunk who want their own manager sacked.
Putting us ahead of you in the process. We're at the end of our own club legend delusion cycle.

AshRK

Context should matter. Chelsea and Lampard have been fortunate with their CL draw and the set of fixtures they have played so far especially in October. Yes they had to play us but apart from that played burnley, Sheffield united, krasnodar and rennes while we were facing Psg, Leipzig, everton away, spurs arsenal and Chelsea home. Our worst loss was against Istanbul but apart from that we had a decent October. I will wait till December end to see if Lampard has made much progress.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Both sets of fans want the other's manager to stay
This is Frank’s 3rd season as manager. He has made mistakes and will continue too. But he is starting to get his style imprinted on this team after 2 years. The first in which he was basically using the previous managers squad.

Ole is in his 9th season as manager and still makes mistakes. He doesn’t know his best 11, he doesn’t have a style of play and he is compared to someone with 6 years less experience as if they are the same.

There is a reason why fans across the country would like Ole to stay. I’m sorry but after 9 years in a job and you still look lost, often that’s a sign that you need to go home and rethink your life.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Remains to be seen whether Frank can become a world class manager tactically but his squad building has been sensational, he's combined our best youth with expensive high quality signing's which has hugely improved us in not just quality but depth aswell.

Even if Lamps falls short and we have to eventually get a new man in for the last push to titles again, he'd have still played a huge huge part in what will hopefully be a new era of success.

Jonno

Thread needs to be updated. Chelsea last season didn't have a transfer window and now things have even out. Seeing more progress in lampard Chelsea team over ole's United team. This is one reason why so many people criticize Ole and he is favorite for the sack.
They are both shite. Both will be sacked this season.
This. It will be a rat race to get Poch, Hassenhuttl, Rose.
This aged well.

Handré1990

Season is not even halfway done yet, don't count your chickens too early!
Agreed. Don’t think Ole and the players would be that stupid luckily!

Ziyech will return and others will find some form. Good keeper good defence. Chelsea will be alright.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Based on the summer transfer window, Chelsea should finish ahead of us, so if they don't then Solskjaer has definitely done the better job. I would have expected Chelsea to be better in the second half of the season that the first though given their players need time to settle.

7 points really isn't a lot at this point so we'll see how it plays out.

JustinC00

Well that goes without saying. Just a little banter. But surely Chelsea fans would expect to be higher than 8th place* (*if Villa and City were to get points from their games in hand) almost halfway through the season.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Another Amadeus moment

tomaldinho1

Exactly this. It's hardly been a terrible start for Lampard, it will only take a loss or couple of draws from teams above them and they could be right back near the top. Once he finds (if he does) a solution for the attacking players he has, they should comfortably claw their way back to top 4. Still 66 points for them to play for.

AshRK

Context should matter. Chelsea and Lampard have been fortunate with their CL draw and the set of fixtures they have played so far especially in October. Yes they had to play us but apart from that played burnley, Sheffield united, krasnodar and rennes while we were facing Psg, Leipzig, everton away, spurs arsenal and Chelsea home. Our worst loss was against Istanbul but apart from that we had a decent October. I will wait till December end to see if Lampard has made much progress.
Said it in November, the CL draw and other easy fixtures made them look decent. Right now it seems Ole again is outperforming lampard but things could again change but right now it seems one team is on a rise and are closer to number 1 and other is regressing.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Quality control
This aged well.
Another Amadeus moment
lampard doesn’t have Bruno and var that has been the difference. Lampard teams are better coached, ole team are just more lucky and better recruited. My stance hasn’t changed. Ole and United has recruited players much better than Lampard Chelsea. Chelsea should have recruited Grelish instead of Havertz for one. He would have had a much positive impact than Havertz

Greck

:lol:

One loss and we’re back to Ole being more likely to be sacked than Lampard? How did he fare against Pep recently?
Reading comprehension 0/100. Who said anything about Lampard or sacking. Frank is a terrible chelsea manager in his own right

Eriku

Reading comprehension 0/100. Who said anything about Lampard or sacking. Frank is a terrible chelsea manager in his own right
Oh yeah? What was my initial post a response to?

Putting us ahead of you in the process. We're at the end of our own club legend delusion cycle.
You telling duffer that we had fans wanting Ole out is a good thing, and that we’re ahead of them for it.

Greck

Oh yeah? What was my initial post a response to?

You telling duffer that we had fans wanting Ole out is a good thing, and that we’re ahead of them for it.
On November 7th, on a post saying neither manager and especially not Lampard was good enough. You bumped a post from two months ago. Why?

Eriku

On November 7th, on a post saying neither manager and especially not Lampard was good enough. You bumped a post from two months ago. Why?
Just thought you were dancing on Ole’s grave far too soon, that’s all.

Eriku

Should have waited for something more substantial before going for the 1up.
Ironic. I had a sustained stint pointing to Ole in no way being on his way out. You needed our first loss in ages, in a run taking us joint top with Liverpool, to try to clap back.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Should have waited for something more substantial before going for the 1up.
Isn't going joint-top of arguably Europe's most competitive league (with a strong possibility of going 3 points clear) enough substance for you?

Greck

Ironic. I had a sustained stint pointing to Ole in no way being on his way out. You needed our first loss in ages, in a run taking us joint top with Liverpool, to try to clap back.
Maybe once we've averted a third trophyless season I'd be more receptive to the brag. Spurs were top of the table a couple weeks ago so would also like to close out the season positively. Very great run but we've been knocked out of 5 cup tournaments since it began so I'm not sure celebrations aren't premature

Eriku

Maybe once we've averted a third trophyless season I'd be more receptive to the brag. Spurs were top of the table a couple weeks ago so would also like to close out the season positively
:lol: fair enough. You’re right that shit can flip pretty quickly.

Zoo

Good call