Ole & United vs. Frank & Chelsea: who will have the better season?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Usually these threads go against the Man United player/manager.

The curse is broken!
To be fair, Rashford's seen off a few of these threads, maybe the curse finally has been lifted.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
lampard doesn’t have Bruno and var that has been the difference. Lampard teams are better coached, ole team are just more lucky and better recruited. My stance hasn’t changed. Ole and United has recruited players much better than Lampard Chelsea. Chelsea should have recruited Grelish instead of Havertz for one. He would have had a much positive impact than Havertz
Just admit you were wrong :lol:

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Just admit you were wrong :lol:
He's a clown.

When you look at the below, one team is coached better than the other... wonder who is who...

Imagine thinking a team that concedes 1.4 goals a game is a good coach.

League GamesWDLGFGAGDWin %Loss %
57281118102772549.12%31.58%
78422016138865253.85%20.51%

jem

4 days ago

God that is the most asinine thing I've ever heard. Basically he's just saying 'I believe Lampard is better than Ole.' I mean I could say, 'The difference between Fred and Kante is I have a belief that Fred is better.' Of course, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but surely some evidence is required, no? He mentions the impressive feat of beating Sevilla; well Ole has two PSG wins on his resume as well as a trouncing of Leipzig (not to mention finishing ahead of Lampard last season, leading the league at the mid-point this season, eliminating LFC from the Cup, etc.)

Green_Red

Thread needs to be updated. Chelsea last season didn't have a transfer window and now things have even out. Seeing more progress in lampard Chelsea team over ole's United team. This is one reason why so many people criticize Ole and he is favorite for the sack.
I think this deserves a tagline update. "Correctly predicted Lampards sacking"?

ForeverRed1

Ole is probably the nicest man in football.. he is absolute class act.

Was a top class player with the perfect mentality. The same can he said for him as a coach. No one can question him within the game and no one can question his attitude. Wants the best for the club, the players and the fans.

club legend. Deserves way more respect than he gets.

disagree? Feck off.

jem

One interesting takeaway from The Athletic article on Lampard's sacking was his apparent inability/unwillingness to communicate with all members of the squad, to make everyone feel appreciated and a part of the squad (and yes I do realize that articles such as these need to be taken with a grain of salt.) I think this an area for which Ole doesn't get nearly enough credit. His man-management has been superb (exhibit A: his dealing with Pogba in the wake of Raiola's comments.) Cynics like Jonathan Wilson like to go on about Ole's lack of tactical nous, claiming his only strategy is to ask what Fergie would do. Well I'd argue that his man management skills show a keen understanding of the SAF school of sports psychology, and that this skill is a crucial part of any successful manager's tactical toolbox.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Time for a Tuchel vs Ole thread. Same age. Birthdays separated by 5 months almost to the day.

big rons sovereign

Ole is probably the nicest man in football.. he is absolute class act.

Was a top class player with the perfect mentality. The same can he said for him as a coach. No one can question him within the game and no one can question his attitude. Wants the best for the club, the players and the fans.

club legend. Deserves way more respect than he gets.

disagree? Feck off.
On the other hand, lampard is an elitist Tory donor shitbag. And he also carries a permanent expression as if he's not sure if he left the gas on.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Good call
Chelsea still played better football early on. As mentioned before, they just recruited poorly. Ole with that team would have gotten sacked much quicker. I watched Ole United and there is no way the football we played has been better than lampard. If lampard had as much penalty we had and good fortune, he would still be in that job even with that team

Withnail

Chelsea still played better football early on. As mentioned before, they just recruited poorly. Ole with that team would have gotten sacked much quicker. I watched Ole United and there is no way the football we played has been better than lampard. If lampard had as much penalty we had and good fortune, he would still be in that job even with that team
Wow :lol:

There's realising you were wrong and then there's doubling down with an absolutely terrible take.

Penalties and good fortune? and there's no way United have played better football?

Ole must be the luckiest man alive

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
What a pile of crap, sorry dude are you even a united fan? “With as much penalty and good fortune” absolutely ludicrous.

Maybe we get a lot of penalties because Ole encourages his dribblers to dribble and they get fouled a lot?

So what if they played better early on? We were slow starters for obvious reasons and now we’re at full flow and oh look, literally top of the league, and we’re playing good stuff too.

How about you just admit you were wrong about Ole? He’s clearly doing a great job this season and created an amazing spirit at united, I know he’s not perfect but he’s clearly exceeded your expectations, give him his due. Bet you were fuming Sunday when we went toe to toe with the champions.

Amadaeus

Wow :lol:

There's realising you were wrong and then there's doubling down with an absolutely terrible take.

Penalties and good fortune? and there's no way United have played better football?

Ole must be the luckiest man alive
If you don't think we had an unusual amount of good fortune and penalties then you haven't been watching United. Every scientific stats will point to that and even opposing managers and pundits have proclaimed as such. Our football is like mourinho. If you find that football entertaining, then that is your personal opinion.

theklr

Just feck right off, alot of people have gone over the penalties United have gotten and the absolute majority of them are correct.

Berbasbullet

If you don't think we had an unusual amount of good fortune and penalties then you haven't been watching United. Every scientific stats will point to that and even opposing managers and pundits have proclaimed as such. Our football is like mourinho. If you find that football entertaining, then that is your personal opinion.
We haven’t even had the most pens in the league this season so I’m not sure what you’re banging on about.

Oh no not opposing managers and pundits, because they won’t have an agenda will they (A bit like you)?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Some terrible posts in this thread. Absolutely terrible. First page is pure cringe.

Not as cringe as @Amadaeus though.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Chelsea still played better football early on.
Well, that's because our players were having terrible fitness thanks to no pre-season. And even then, I don't think their football was some swashbuckling football. They were beating shite sides and losing to anyone decent

As mentioned before, they just recruited poorly
Your post was made on 8th November. A month after the transfer window closed. I don't think you raised this point then. Hell, all I remember is this forum going berserk because Chelsea had won their 1st trophy this season - the Summer Transfer Window Champions 2020

Ole with that team would have gotten sacked much quicker.
We had a worse team at this time last year. Remember that? When we didn't have Martial and Pogba due to injuries. And we had to play James, Lingard and AP nearly every game as there were no other options?

I watched Ole United and there is no way the football we played has been better than lampard.
2nd most goals scored in the league. 1 behind Pool, but sure our football has been shite

If lampard had as much penalty we had and good fortune, he would still be in that job even with that team
Jesus Christ. We've had 1 penalty more than Chelsea. And as far as good fortune is concerned, apart from BHA game, and arguably WHU game, which game have we gotten points from where we weren't the better side (and on the flip side, I'd say we were much better than Leicester in the 2-2)?

It's not Ole's fault if Lampard's signings are missing chances, if anything, their failure is one of the main reasons why he has been sacked.

Last edited:

Odin

Some of the posters on here are certainly 'undercover' oppo fans on a wind up... Pundits and oppo managers are no witnesses of truth regarding our style, luck or lack thereof. Neither are the outcries from our own fans in the Match Day threads.

We've pushed for more goals and created chances, effectively outscoring many opponents - just like Ole has wanted from his team. If anything, there have been a few decisions going against us (several involving Daniel James last season) that probably would have gone our way had they been reviewed properly. Having fast forwards still isn't illegal. Lampard did what Ole said he'd never do again after Cardiff - he turned the entire team upside down in one go. Too bad for Chelsea, we rule!

Withnail

This is hilarious. What are these 'scientific facts'? Very few of our pens were even controversial.

You've drank the cool aid if you're taking what Klopp and Richard Keys are saying about United seriously.

We play nothing like a Mourinho team and if you think we do you're as clueless about football as I suspected.

If don't enjoy watching this team or what's happening at the moment, how can you even call yourself a Man United fan?

Amadaeus

Quality control
Amadaeus is rarely ever wrong, the season is not over and people already forgotten about the many false dawns we had already. This season will be a waste if we don't win a trophy. Regardless, this season is an anomaly and with liverpool and city without their best player it just shows the amount of luck that is on our side. Ole doesn't have the capacity to get us back on top of Europe. He may do a Ranieri because of this strange season, but he will be found out and then another Amadaeus moment will happen.

A number of our penalties were controversial with regards to that subject.

Berbasbullet

Amadaeus is rarely ever wrong, the season is not over and people already forgotten about the many false dawns we had already. This season will be a waste if we don't win a trophy. Regardless, this season is an anomaly and with liverpool and city without their best player it just shows the amount of luck that is on our side. Ole doesn't have the capacity to get us back on top of Europe. He may do a Ranieri because of this strange season, but he will be found out and then another Amadaeus moment will happen.
:lol: :lol: okay you’re a troll 100%, fair play it has taken me far too long to realise.

Speaking of Raineri, do you remember when you passionately argued that he shouldn’t be manager of the season when they won the league? And Poch should have been? :lol: good times.

When have city been without their best player? Assuming you mean De Bruyne he hasn’t even missed a game yet through his new injury, so don’t act like that suddenly makes a difference.

Basically no matter what happens and even if he wins the league you’re still right, that’s the narrative you’re setting.

You muppet/blatant troll.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
lampard doesn’t have Bruno and var that has been the difference. Lampard teams are better coached, ole team are just more lucky
Holy crap. Up there with amongst the worst posts I've seen. The agenda is too strong.