Ole v Spurs

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Thinking Benzema is better than Kane is a straight up bizarre opinion these days. He's better at nothing now, he's a shadow of a striker. He has half as many goals and half as many assists as Kane in the league this season.

A few years back he was up there with the best strikers, though for me never the best, but he's not been top tier for a while. Escaped being replaced because Ronaldo guaranteed a stupid amount of goals a season and enjoyed a solid partnership with him, but I expect he won't last too much longer there.
Benzema was good provider for Ronaldo, but he isn't a natural goal scorer and was never going to fill the gaping whole Ronnie left behind. He has been found out this season for the distinctly average player he is.

If a certain somebody was named 'Kanaldo' (which sounds a bit shite but you get the picture) his stock would be considerably higher across the globe. I'm convinced of that. Or just paranoid. Both options are equally plausible.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Benzema was good provider for Ronaldo, but he isn't a natural goal scorer and was never going to fill the gaping whole Ronnie left behind. He has been found out this season for the distinctly average player he is.

If a certain somebody was named 'Kanaldo' (which sounds shite but you get the picture) his stock would be considerably higher across the globe. I'm convinced of that. Or just paranoid. Both options are equally plausible.
To be fair, I don't think it is just Kane's nationality. To be properly recognised internationally he would have to make the step up to an elite club and be competing in the latter stages of the Champions League. Either that or achieve that with us, and whilst I do believe that can be possible I understand that others don't.

Canagel

Being neutral it's surprising how fans exaggerate the quality of their players .
Kane is truly world class.

Nobody else is , Progba , Eriksen , Toby the Belgium , De Gea, are occasionally on their day but nowhere near Kane.

Then comes Son , Verts and Ali .
On overall quality Spurs are superior .
De Gea and Pogba not world class? What a load of waffle. two players that have actually been voted into world XI. But nowhere near Harry Kane? Rubbish

acnumber9

For Man Utd, whilst Rooney is your highest scorer , would he get in any of your fans selection of the top 5 forwards for Man Utd.

How about Best , Law Charlton , Sheringham , Ruud , Rooney , he’s certainly wasn’t better than the first 3 , I’m sorry I missed off Charlton from the England list , he’d be between Kane and Lineker
Sheringham? I thought Glaston was bad......

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
To be fair, I don't think it is just Kane's nationality. To be properly recognised internationally he would have to make the step up to an elite club and be competing in the latter stages of the Champions League. Either that or achieve that with us, and whilst I do believe that can be possible I understand that others don't.
But Shearer never played abroad or went far in the CL and he was universally recognized as the worlds best striker (or thereabouts). Kane can and very likely will surpass both Shearer and Rooney's goal scoring feats. He has a great chance anyway.

I know an elite club he can join should he fancy it.

Peter Cook

Supports
AJAX
The media here on the continent regard Kane as world class , would command a world record fee and is the best out and out striker on the planet. The best English player of his generation .
Only the deluded, bitter and bias with an inferiority complex would not agree.

acnumber9

Being neutral it's surprising how fans exaggerate the quality of their players .

Nobody else is , Progba , Eriksen , Toby the Belgium , De Gea, are occasionally on their day but nowhere near Kane.

Are you really neutral though?

Denis79

De Gea is considered by many the best goalkeeper in the world and you say he's not world class? You're taking a piss.

hocane

I rate Kane similar to how i rated Nistelrooy. Great players but not world class.

Kane and Nistelrooy are actually very limited players if they doesn't get the service provided for them. Look at Owen in his prime how he were able to win a game on his own running past 3-4 players and literally scoring on his own, that is world class my friend.

Foxbatt

Of course he is taking a piss. When players like Alderweirald, Son, and Ali are included you should know it. United has one world class player in DeGea and a potential one in Pogba. Kane is a very good player but not one of the top three anyway. He is not going to command the fees for someone like Neymar, Ronaldo or Messi. He is a step below. Yes he is the best in England now.

Eric7C

The media here on the continent regard Kane as world class , would command a world record fee and is the best out and out striker on the planet. The best English player of his generation .
Only the deluded, bitter and bias with an inferiority complex would not agree.
Mate, calling anyone who does not agree with you as deluded and bitter is the classic sign of a dictator.
And I am sure you support Ajax. Of course.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
I rate Kane similar to how i rated Nistelrooy. Great players but not world class.

Kane and Nistelrooy are actually very limited players if they doesn't get the service provided for them. Look at Owen in his prime how he were able to win a game on his own running past 3-4 players and literally scoring on his own, that is world class my friend.
Kane scores goals on his own, if players dont close him down hes going to have a crack from range. The Wolves game the defence stood off him and allowed him a strike at range. 1-0 to Spurs.

Seen plenty of highlights of him muscling a defender off him to make some space for a shot. Or using his strength to hold off a defender for a chip/shot.

People get obsessed with watching players throw in 4 step overs and then attempt a rabona goal. And miss or get dispossessed 99% of the time. Rather than a no nonsense striker who just puts the ball in the back of the net.

Shiva87

You must be kidding with the DDG being 'occasionally world class'.

On the others, it's a matter of perspective. I don't see how Kane is world class (without having had a big impact in any proper tournament) but Pogba is not - having won more than Kane (at a younger age) and being the heart of a World Cup winning team.

I think Kane is brilliant - but he needs to have a few games (cup finals/semis/ CLs) where he makes his team win. Hasn't happened so far though - and I hope it happens for him sometime as he is truly a deadly finisher.

Pogba on the other hand - scored in Europa League final, scored in World Cup final, MOTM in Carling cup final. Number of individual awards in world cups, euros, youth level tournaments etc.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Have a strong feeling (like 90% chance) that our future long-term choice for manager will be either Pochettino or Ole. Regardless of the result tomorrow, I hope fans don’t overreact one way or the other. Easier said than done I know as many will be quick to view tomorrow as an audition/job interview rather than the entirety of both managers’ body of work.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
You must be kidding with the DDG being 'occasionally world class'.

On the others, it's a matter of perspective. I don't see how Kane is world class (without having had a big impact in any proper tournament) but Pogba is not - having won more than Kane (at a younger age) and being the heart of a World Cup winning team.

I think Kane is brilliant - but he needs to have a few games (cup finals/semis/ CLs) where he makes his team win. Hasn't happened so far though - and I hope it happens for him sometime as he is truly a deadly finisher.

Pogba on the other hand - scored in Europa League final, scored in World Cup final, MOTM in Carling cup final. Number of individual awards in world cups, euros, youth level tournaments etc.
Look at his post, it reads as something Glaston would have written with his second account while on the piss.

Hopefully he is purged.

IronCroos37

DeGea

Valencia
Bailly
Smalling
Shaw

Schnedeirlin
Pogba
Herrera

Mikhtitaryan
Rooney
Depay

Spurs - United 1-0

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Have a strong feeling (like 90% chance) that our future long-term choice for manager will be either Pochettino or Ole. Regardless of the result tomorrow, I hope fans don’t overreact one way or the other. Easier said than done I know as many will be quick to view tomorrow as an audition/job interview rather than the entirety of both managers’ body of work.
You know that is exactly how the melters will react. Its why I generally steer clear of match discussions.

Poch loses hes a bottler who flatters to deceive and is at his level with Spurs. Ole loses, simply not good enough to be at a big club like United, get rid asap for a real manager.

Raven

Kane and De Gea are bother clearly world class in their position, I don't think that is up for debate. What is up for debate is whether Pogba and Eriksen are world class.

Reactions: Invictus

simplyared

If Lindelöf plays, which I'm pretty sure he will, this will be a good marker to see where he's at. Not been a fan myself. That said he can happily prove me wrong.

Last edited:

deafepl

I reckon Lindelof will get assist/goal because he won't be noticed by Spurs player who tries to mark the likes of Pogba, etc.

Gasolin

Kane and De Gea are bother clearly world class in their position, I don't think that is up for debate. What is up for debate is whether Pogba and Eriksen are world class.
Pogba yes, no doubt given his achievement in his career already. Eriksen, there's some doubt.

Raven

Pogba yes, no doubt given his achievement in his career already. Eriksen, there's some doubt.
I personally think they're both world class. Pogba is like football's LeBron James and Eriksen is seemingly being targeted by Real and Barca, for good reason.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Not one of them is better than an on form Paul Pogba and aside from scoring goals, not one of them can do what Pogba does and tear the arse out of an entire defensive team with one pass.
:rolleyes:

Seems like United fans have gone from undervaluing/rating Pogba to massively overrating him in a very short space of time. I guess that's what a few goals against relegation fodder does for you.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Im glad we've just ended your premier league season by Pogba tearing the arse out of your team while your gun front 4 couldnt fire

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Im glad we've just ended your premier league season by Pogba tearing the arse out of your team while your gun front 4 couldnt fire
Um - he was ok - he had one great pass that made the goal and all credit to him for that but other than that he wasn't anything special. If we had finished our chances better we would have won the game by a few goals.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Um - he was ok - he had one great pass that made the goal and all credit to him for that but other than that he wasn't anything special. If we had finished our chances better we would have won the game by a few goals.
If we finish our chances too it ends in a high scoring game.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We had many more clear cut chances than you did though.
We certainly had our fair share of chances, we were just more clinical, and had a bit of extra quality from Pogba.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
We had many more clear cut chances than you did though.
Yeah, only when we took the lead and started to play defensively, ironically that opened up the defense a lot.

When the score was 0-0, we created good chances and IIRC Spurs didnt even have a shot on target before we scored.

Credit to Spurs though, created lot of chances and sensed the weakness in our game.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
This has to give the board confidence to invest in ole (including spending on players this window)

This match demonstrated Ole can compete as a manager (or the management team can compete at the top level), but also that we need investment in the team to compete consistently.

Gasolin

And if Pogba finished his chances without Lloris being lucky, we are getting 1 or 2 more as well, in the second half. Stop that kind of logic, it's not football. Your own manager ran out of ideas...