Ole's at the wheel. How good does it feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The joy he has brought in watching football is indescribable.

The backroom staff consists of people who are United fans just like us - their celebrations like today after Andreas' goal, the genuine happiness like when Garner was coming on to the pitch for the 1st time last match, Phelan's tweets and all- that's not what we see at any club, and we possibly may never see it at any other club ever.

The players seem to be genuinely happy. 6th choice players are coming in to the side and are giving their 100% to get Ole the job as the permanent manager, everyone is fighting for their teammates and you do not see players on high salary like Rom and Alexis whine that they've been demoted to backups to Rashford and Martial.

The press conferences are a breath of fresh air. There are no snide remarks being made, journos are having fun with the manager and Ole is answering every question with a big smile. Every answer is given to get everyone going, and heighten the anticipation. Feck, I believe, or rather I know we're going to knock PSG out after the post match interview of the 1st leg where he said "Mountains are there to be climbed" or something like that in response to the question how tough it would be to progress from here.

Never change Ole:drool:

RedMilo

The joy he has brought in watching football is indescribable.

The backroom staff consists of people who are United fans just like us - their celebrations like today after Andreas' goal, the genuine happiness like when Garner was coming on to the pitch for the 1st time last match, Phelan's tweets and all- that's not what we see at any club, and we possibly may never see it at any other club ever.

The players seem to be genuinely happy. 6th choice players are coming in to the side and are giving their 100% to get Ole the job as the permanent manager, everyone is fighting for their teammates and you do not see players on high salary like Rom and Alexis whine that they've been demoted to backups to Rashford and Martial.

The press conferences are a breath of fresh air. There are no snide remarks being made, journos are having fun with the manager and Ole is answering every question with a big smile. Every answer is given to get everyone going, and heighten the anticipation. Feck, I believe, or rather I know we're going to knock PSG out after the post match interview of the 1st leg where he said "Mountains are there to be climbed" or something like that in response to the question how tough it would be to progress from here.

Never change Ole:drool:
Amen

Brightonian

Lovely to see him take a moment to properly congratulate Pereira and give him a smile when he came off, at a moment when we were 2-2 and penned into our box defending crosses. Mourinho wouldn't have even glanced at him, he'd've been too busy grimacing and choosing which player to savage in the post-match press.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
'He's got Lingard, Paul Pogba and Fred'? The Brazilian stays after his brilliant assist today.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Can you even imagine if we had kept Mourinho on til the end of the year? We would be neck deep in misery. *shudders*

Drawfull

Lovely to see him take a moment to properly congratulate Pereira and give him a smile when he came off, at a moment when we were 2-2 and penned into our box defending crosses. Mourinho wouldn't have even glanced at him, he'd've been too busy grimacing and choosing which player to savage in the post-match press.
Noticed that too. And so true.

Canagel

'He's got Lingard, Paul Pogba and Fred'? The Brazilian stays after his brilliant assist today.
I hope his contribution didn't go unnoticed. Aside from the passing which would've opened them sooner he also allowed for Pogba to push up again to his usual number 10 which then came a run for Rashford to get the late penalty.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Very happy indeed. :)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Feels bloody marvellous to be honest.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The Fergie comparisons are scary. That felt just like a match from his final season. Going behind, great goals, late winner, a comeback and squeezing the most out of players who aren't widely considered top class. It's amazing.

minoo-utd

He knows it. And we are with him is really United. Many tests and he did just fine. With the right backing and he can wins us big things. Give him the job.

Yagami

Good post resistant
How good does it feel? It feels as good as holding down that button to prevent your Corphish from evolving. So pretty darn good.

JohnnyKills

Hate the chant I have to say. And I love the Stone Roses.

He's done better than anyone could have hoped though.

manutddjw

The Fergie comparisons are scary. That felt just like a match from his final season. Going behind, great goals, late winner, a comeback and squeezing the most out of players who aren't widely considered top class. It's amazing.
Excellent point. He’s even picked up the Ferguson injury crisis trait.

Kag

I thought this was brilliant. Genuine, too.

Chairman Steve

Imagine the board had the balls to sack Mourinho after the Newcastle home game and we got him in then.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Ole once was bombarded with injuries... so he fixed Lukaku.

Interim or not, the scenes are real.

thesheriffjw

Just his whole demeanour compared to that glum mother jose.

His appetite is infectious and its clearly showing throughout the squad.

Needs to hook smalling though. Hes a contortianist just to make a pass. Hot potato hot potato

mu4c_20le

It feels so, so good. I am betting on Utd again.

Seriously though, when he took over we were what, 11 points off fourth? Season was over at the time. He taught us to dream again.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
So is this the best start of any manager in PL history? RAWK hopes we appoint as they are sure he'll be worse than moyes. Not sure what they are getting that from.

Gehrman

In that case it's a no brainer, not that it wan't anyway, but I'm so impressed with him still having us despite having an injury crisis making players like Lukaku step up.

Honestly I think right now OGS is looking like a better united manager than Fergie was. Just 13 pl's and 2 cl's to go. Lots of time left to do it.

ReddBalls

In that case it's a no brainer, not that it wan't anyway, but I'm so impressed with him still having us despite having an injury crisis making players like Lukaku step up.

Honestly I think right now OGS is looking like a better united manager than Fergie was. Just 13 pl's and 2 cl's to go. Lots of time left to do it.
That's a tall order, but he certainly has time on his side :lol:

Minimalist

I'm still reeling from that atmosphere against Liverpool. Him coming in and his team are part of that. The fans wouldn't let Ole down when he needed it in dire times (stupid fecking injuries). Mourinho wouldn't have got that.

I actually care very little about 'tactics' under Ole. He's good enough in that regard. What I love is how perfect he is for the job in leading/coaching our team.

It's fecking brilliant.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
What has really impressed me is the fact that he believed in the players. With Moyes and Mourinho they wanted different players. With Van Gaal they had to learn his philosophy.

I remember watching a documentary about Ferguson and he was asked what he did when top players were injured or suspended. Ferguson said he never worried. He simply turned to players that were available and believed in them. Ole seems to be similar.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Can't wait for the next match once the final whistle has gone.

Not felt that way since 2013 before SAF announced his retirement.

It's beautiful to be a United fan right now. Ole is a hero no matter what happens but to have him as manager and to have him doing so well? Amazing.

And the chant is really boosting the atmosphere because it's so easy and so catchy. Waterfall is a brilliant song.

Gehrman

I cannot wait for next season if the board back's Ole and we get all our muppet signings! If we get something similar to Dalot and Fred again I will probably kill myself instead.

Red00012

Can you even imagine if we had kept Mourinho on til the end of the year? We would be neck deep in misery. *shudders*
Or the other side of the coin, what if we sacked him in November ?

Dickie

It's like waking up from a horrible dream that began in 2013.
This. I couldn't imagine for one second in 2013 that we would end up being managed by Van Gaal and Mourinho...

The feel good factor is absolutely through the roof at the moment, we definitely have to bask in it and make the most of times like this. And the most important thing is we have our identity back. This feels like the Man Utd I fell in love with at the 1996 cup final, going on to sign a baby faced Norwegian a few months later...

Status
Not open for further replies.