Ole's press conference vs City

Dante

Average bang
Didn't say much interesting today.

The main news was about Varane (out for 4 to 5 weeks) and Lindelof (a slight doubt for Saturday).

Last edited:

Dante

Average bang
Moving on from Liverpool defeat
"We've moved on from that one, of course, it's gonna be in the history books but we've had a good week, good results away from home, difficult games, we've got to go in this game believing we can do good things. It's a local derby and everyone knows what's at stake."

Last edited:

Dante

Average bang
What does a Manchester derby mean
"It's a special one, the last time we had a Manchester derby with fans in the stadium the atmosphere was electric, everyone will still remember that one more than dark moments we had.
"When Scott (McTominay) scored that goal in the extra time it was a special moment. It's a one-off game, have to start on the front foot, start ready, because a lot depends on who gets on the front foot."

Last edited:

Dante

Average bang
Team bonding trip yesterday
"The team is very close together and they know they need each other, it's team bonding and the team spirit is important. We've got a great canteen up here but are probably fed up with Mike's food."

Dante

Average bang
Rapahel Varane injury latest
"With all the technology now you expect him to be out for four or five weeks with the scans with the pictures we've seen of him. It's a blow for us. Raphael has come in and been really really influential. Eric came in last time and was excellent. That's why we have a big squad and cope with absentees."

Last edited:

Dante

Average bang
Victor Lindelof a doubt for derby
"He's still a doubt, but hopefully, he can come back in tomorrow and say he's ready... I would expect him to be ready, put it that way but I can't promise you."

Dante

Average bang
Cristiano Ronaldo influence
"He's one of the best players that's ever walked on this planet and his impact on and off the pitch has been absolutely immense. The goals he score, the way he conducts himself in and around the place, how people can say that as a negative I can't see that one. Really, really pleased that he's started off the way that he has. He scores goals, works for his team, and is a top, top pro."

Last edited:

Dante

Average bang
Pressure since Liverpool defeat
"When I stepped in the doors here in Dec 2018, three years ago, there's been speculation ever since, that's no problem, we've moved on from Liverpool, it's a dark moment in our careers, we've had a good week with two good results away from home, you don't expect an easy ride when you become manager of Man United, that's how it is."

Last edited:

Dante

Average bang
Solskjaer's record vs Guardiola and City
"No, you look at the next game, I'm not one to talk about what I've done, I've got great respect and admiration for Pep and what he's done, we've had some good results and tight games, we need another performance like this, sometimes you need luck, we know this game we have to work hard and suffer a lot but we have to believe, trust ourselves because we're at home and have had a couple of good few results. Let's hope that continues. But we don't take that for granted. We know we need to earn it."

Last edited:

Oranges038

Honestly don't see ths point in these press conferences. No decent questions and the usual standard bullshit answers.

tomaldinho1

Honestly don't see ths point in these press conferences. No decent questions and the usual standard bullshit answers.
'Front foot' is basically the only quote we get every week + general injury news. I do think managers have way too many media responsibilities, they should just let a coach do this kind of thing.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
"He's still a doubt, but hopefully, he can come back in tomorrow and say he's ready... I would expect him to be ready, put it that way but I can't promise you."

Hopefully he doesn't mean that the way it sounds... But its tough to give Ole the benefit of the doubt when it comes to injuries.

romufc

These questions at the presser are getting worse by the day. How much protection is Ole getting? It seems as if the questions are screened to a level where they ask the same questions every week?

Injuries, What does it feel like to have Ronaldo.

Nothing to do with poor performances
Nothing to do with subs
Nothing to ask about Sancho

Pathetic journalism this

Green Arrow

These questions at the presser are getting worse by the day. How much protection is Ole getting? It seems as if the questions are screened to a level where they ask the same questions every week?

Nothing to do with subs

Pathetic journalism this
I'm sure they are screened beforehand from the jurnos, they don't want anything controversial to be asked and you're right those are the questions that should be asked. I've given up listening to his pressers before and after, only waffle comes out of his mouth.

Highfather_24

"When I stepped in the doors here in Dec 2018, three years ago, there's been speculation ever since, that's no problem, we've moved on from Liverpool, it's a dark moment in our careers, we've had a good week with two good results, you don't expect an easy ride when you become manager of Man United, that's how it is."
The way Ole answered it, felt like a rehearsed answer.

Infra-red

Nothing to do with subs

Pathetic journalism this
I'm not sure that the answers to any of those questions would be particularly enlightening.

Ultimately, it's not worth reading very much into anything that gets said (or doesn't get said) in these conferences. It's one big PR exercise.

romufc

I'm not sure that the answers to any of those questions would be particularly enlightening.

Ultimately, it's not worth reading very much into anything that gets said (or doesn't get said) in these conferences. It's one big PR exercise.
It is only a PR exercise because the board are protecting Ole.

I remember LVG and Jose conferences, they were fiery, those were not PR exercises, difficult questions were asked to them.

Oranges038

'Front foot' is basically the only quote we get every week + general injury news. I do think managers have way too many media responsibilities, they should just let a coach do this kind of thing.
Also

"We look to the next game"

Sviken

we've had a good week with two good results
Banter. I wouldn't classify drawing against Atalanta (who were the better team) in the last minute as a good result. Even if we ignore our play from the equation, it still wasn't a good result because we're still neck and neck with Villareal and Atalanta when it comes to qualifying.

Nothing to do with subs

Pathetic journalism this
I can guarantee you that most of the "journalists" there were vetted first before asking questions. No way would the club allow Ole to be crucified (which he rightly deserves to be). The media in Spain were laying Jose a new one even when he won the league with 100 points, here they ask Ole how he feels after a 5-0 loss to Liverpool at home.

Two good results? Rescuing a draw by the skin of our teeth to a team that first qualified for the Champions League 3 years ago is not a good result. We also lost our best defender to another injury after rushing him back from the last one.

With a bit of luck this will be his last presser.

romufc

Banter. I wouldn't classify drawing against Atalanta (who were the better team) in the last minute as a good result. Even if we ignore our play from the equation, it still wasn't a good result because we're still neck and neck with Villareal and Atalanta when it comes to qualifying.

I can guarantee you that most of the "journalists" there were vetted first before asking questions. No way would the club allow Ole to be crucified (which he rightly deserves to be). The media in Spain were laying Jose a new one even when he won the league with 100 points, here they ask Ole how he feels after a 5-0 loss to Liverpool at home.
Exactly, asking Ole what Ronaldo brings, how the food is.. I mean, I couldn't care less on how their meals and team bonding when we are so far of the top.

Its actually pathetic, how can a manager be so protected, getting away with a 5-0 loss to Liverpool so easily, laughing, Smiling acting as if he cares about the fans.

Infra-red

It is only a PR exercise because the board are protecting Ole.

I remember LVG and Jose conferences, they were fiery, those were not PR exercises, difficult questions were asked to them.
Ask all the difficult question you like - all you'd get is a load of waffle about "United DNA" and players "enjoying/expressing themselves".

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Team bonding trip yesterday
"The team is very close together and they know they need each other, it's team bonding and the team spirit is important. We've got a great canteen up here but are probably fed up with Mike's food."
So we have finally found the reason behind our iffy home record?