Music Olivia Rodrigo

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
So Spotify just sent me a notification of a an upcoming concert… Olivia Isabel Rodrigo. Thought Niall selling our data to the Russians was bad enough but to the bloody Swedes?! That’s unforgivable.

Anyway, since I won’t be attending any Taylor concerts this year I might just give the dollar store version of her a go.

Moby

Dick
So Spotify just sent me a notification of a an upcoming concert… Olivia Isabel Rodrigo. Thought Niall selling our data to the Russians was bad enough but to the bloody Swedes?! That’s unforgivable.

Anyway, since I won’t be attending any Taylor concerts this year I might just give the dollar store version of her a go.
Wait for her to spend two decades in the industry before you wake up to realising she exists

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It seems my Olivia will be up against @Samid ’s Taylor in Feb’s Grammy Awards. It’s ON!

1) Record Of The Year
  • Vampire, Olivia Rodrigo
  • Anti-Hero, Taylor Swift
2) Album Of The Year
  • GUTS, Olivia Rodrigo
  • Midnights, Taylor Swift
3) Song Of The Year
  • Vampire, Daniel Nigro & Olivia Rodrigo, songwriters (Olivia Rodrigo)
  • Anti-Hero, Jack Antonoff & Taylor Swift, songwriters (Taylor Swift)
4) Producer Of The Year
  • Daniel Nigro (GUTS, Olivia Rodrigo)
  • Jack Antonoff (Midnights, Taylor Swift)
5) Best Pop Solo Performance
  • Vampire, Olivia Rodrigo
  • Anti-Hero, Taylor Swift
6) Best Pop Vocal Album
  • GUTS, Olivia Rodrigo
  • Midnights, Taylor Swift
7) CAF BW Bragging Rights
  • Shakesy
  • Samid
Depressing choices. No wonder I stopped watching the Grammies.

On this comparison hasn’t Olivia ripped off quite a lot of other artists including Swift? One of her songs is so similar to Paramore’s Misery Business?

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Anyway @amolbhatia50k, I don't give a damn what Olivia has or has not done. As long as I don't have to see equally bland Taylor Swift and her thread the whole time. It's depressing that most sites predict TS will more likely win than Olivia. Regardless, I'll be in here come Friday night and fight a lone battle against the insufferable Swifties

amolbhatia50k

Anyway @amolbhatia50k, I don't give a damn what Olivia has or has not done. As long as I don't have to see equally bland Taylor Swift and her thread the whole time. It's depressing that most sites predict TS will more likely win than Olivia. Regardless, I'll be in here come Friday night and fight a lone battle against the insufferable Swifties
Good on you. I’m all for some rebalancing of the BlandPopStarWars. Olivia’s way ahead in the looks department, that’s for sure! I think she’s also a more naturally gifted vocalist.

Where’s Lady Gaga when you need her? That woman has proper pipes.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Good on you. I’m all for some rebalancing of the BlandPopStarWars. Olivia’s way ahead in the looks department, that’s for sure! I think she’s also a more naturally gifted vocalist.

Where’s Lady Gaga when you need her? That woman has proper pipes.
:lol: Yeah, they don't make 'em like they used to. Personally I prefer ugly artists with horrible voices. Like Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen.

amolbhatia50k

:lol: Yeah, they don't make 'em like they used to. Personally I prefer ugly artists with horrible voices. Like Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen.
Give me a beautiful song with an unconventional voice anyday. Joanna Newsom for win. Andy Sandberg is a lucky bastard.