Omg, we won a penalty shoot out.

IrishRedDevil

At the away end.
Going second.
Flipped the odds on their head.

Top quality kicks from all the lads and held their nerve.

Last edited:

Chairman Steve

Saviour it because it’ll be another 10 shootouts until our next shootout win.

Even under Ferguson we sucked at them. Needed John Terry to feck it up royally on the most notable shootout win.

PoTMS

Spain are gonna struggle in any knockout competition that goes to penalties.

Caius

Someone tell De Gea to just do the exact opposite of whatever he thinks he should do to save a pen cause I'm pretty sure he'd be unbeatable then :lol:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Still can't believe it :lol:

Best pen shootout ever :drool:

justboy68

Absolutely smashing pens from all of the lads. The way we won was basically our only chance. Perfect pens and hope they sky one.

cyberman

Villarreal kept going to David’s left as well and he couldn’t make a save. Doesn’t seem to like diving that way

Edwards6

Thank feck March skied it over cos De Gea would've been there all night trying to save one

Paul_Scholes18

Let us beat City. Losing to Sevilla was hard, but if we beat City in the final and get top 4 it will be a great season.

CloneMC16

Can't believe it. Excellent from the lads. Got screwed over losing both coin tosses and still won.

Dan_F

Fantastic. They take a lot of shit about their character so only fair to commend it today. Lindelof especially, big balls to put it in the top corner.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Our players are excellent at pens. No outfield player has missed in the last two shootouts. 16 out of 16. Only De Gea missed.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Spain are gonna struggle in any knockout competition that goes to penalties.
Between this match, the EL final a few seasons ago, and Spain in recent tournaments, I have to ask: is there any Spanish goalkeeper who isn't absolute shit at pens?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Thank feck March skied it over cos De Gea would've been there all night trying to save one
As I've said before I find it bizarre why he can never save them considering how good a reaction save keeper he is. Even today he made 2-3 excellent saves from limited reaction time yet he can't seem to read a run from 12 yards and dive the right way.

Undav was the closest and he hit that side netting although perhaps he'd have got to March effort if that had been on target.

theatreofdreams777

I can't believe my eyes but we did it. I really didn't think we had a chance. Now let's go and win against City for it to matter.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Between this match, the EL final a few seasons ago, and Spain in recent tournaments, I have to ask: is there any Spanish goalkeeper who isn't absolute shit at pens?
A lot of them move so early so really it's a case of keeping an eye on them and just stroking the ball into opposite corner.

In World cup it was more the Spain players not scoring any wasn't it?

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
A lot of them move so early so really it's a case of keeping an eye on them and just stroking the ball into opposite corner.

In World cup it was more the Spain players not scoring any wasn't it?
Good point, I remember Enrique commenting that his squad had all practiced 1,000 penalties, only for the penalty takers to look like complete fools in the end.

Pearl's a minger

We win a shootout and still de gea can't save one. Credit to the boys today. Wasn't pretty at times but showed some bottle at the end. Bring on the berties.

Kopral Jono

At the away end.
Going second.
Flip the odds on their head.

Top quality kicks from all the lads and held their nerve.
Makes it all sweeter. I was convinced we were going to lose, and as a matter of fact I genuinely thought we did that split second between the 'save' and the net bulge on Sabitzer's penalty.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Our players are excellent at pens. No outfield player has missed in the last two shootouts. 16 out of 16. Only De Gea missed.
Even the Boro tie last season you scored first 6-7 didn't you before Elanga fired over?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I honestly thought we’d lose that shootout just because of DeGea. But, we did it inspire of him nevertheless

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Lindelof deserve so much credit for that penalty. It was brilliant.