On the positive side ...

FujiVice

Onana, Kambwala, Mainoo, Garnacho, Mount and Hojlund are a decent base to rebuild this team, once we get the brain dead out the club. Martinez and Shaw, too, if they ever get off the physio table.

Come on, always look on the bright side, eh?

Last edited:

bazalini

The Baz Man - He made us laugh 2000 - 2012
One of the worst matches but one of the best matches ever.

Ollie Derbyshire

Onana, Mainoo, Garnacho, Mount and Hojlund are a decent base to rebuild this team, once we get the brain dead out the club.

I’d add Dalot (been very good this year) and Martinez.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Onana is a liability still. He was terrible for the first goal.

No Love

Maybe, but out of the names you have listed, Mainoo is the only one I really see it with. Garnacho to an ever so slightly lesser extent. Those are the two, for me. The jury is very much out for the other three, in my opinion.

onemanarmy

I loved Mount play when he came in, in pretty difficult circumstances I'd imagine.

Eriku

Onana, Mainoo, Garnacho, Mount and Hojlund are a decent base to rebuild this team, once we get the brain dead out the club. Martinez and Shaw, too, if they ever get off the physio table.

I don’t know. You can’t get rid of everybody else in one go. And whatever the hell is wrong with this team seems to metastacize to the rest pretty quickly. It’s quite disheartening.

GL21

Dalot is not the right quality to build a foundation on. Maybe he can stay as a backup RB but he will never be good enough to be a starter for a team looking to challenge for the title
couldn't agree more. in the last few years we seem to have dropped our expectations of regulars and Dalot is one example. we are clutching straws with him.

Irwin99

Onana is a strange one to assess because i like aspects to his game but he's not a particularly good shot stopper in my opinion. If you put him in a team that controls possession and defends really well as a structure (City for instance) he'd seem a lot better. This chaos ball that we play doesn't exactly help him shine.

Agree that some of these players seem to have a very bright future though.

E-mal

Onana, Mainoo, Garnacho, Mount and Hojlund are a decent base to rebuild this team, once we get the brain dead out the club. Martinez and Shaw, too, if they ever get off the physio table.

On a night like this, I think it is smart to avoid positives. Allow people get of their feelings.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Only 3 of those are worth keeping.

E-mal

Dalot is not the right quality to build a foundation on. Maybe he can stay as a backup RB but he will never be good enough to be a starter for a team looking to challenge for the title
Call a Right back currently available that we can have? The right back market is shite

Siorac

We aren't going to challenge for the title any time soon. Forget about that. After a decade of wrong decisions, we're pretty much a decade of right decisions away.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I disagree OP. Mainoo is still early days. He has class about him but I worry about his positioning when the other team has the ball, his stamina and general tenacity. Definitely quality on the ball but his overall game is lacking.

Højlund has not convinced me yet. More bad performances than good. He still hasn't gotten in sync with the team. His runs doesn't mesh with the passing or the runs of others.

Onana is average. He's fine but we overpaid. I guess you can build around him in a sense that it makes playing out the back easier. His weakness seems to be saving shots that go along the ground. Best way to score on him is to shoot below the knee.

Mount we have barely seen yet. Definitely the sort we've been missing this season, especially if you want quicker passing and better pressing.

There are elements to be hopeful about like Garnacho and Mainoo but a new manager and like 5 new starters are needed. It's all a mess.

van Nistelrooy

I have to agree. We have too many other areas which are now priority this summer, but another weak season like this and we should be looking to replace Onana.

What good is a goalkeeper if they can't make saves other than those straight at you? Even simple saves look awkward for him.

That picture of Garnacho, Hojlund and Mainoo will become iconic for being the future core of the team.

ForFuchsSake

The positive is the season's almost over and we've got the Euros to look forward to. Oh wait, I'm an England fan and we have an equally incompetent manager...

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
He doesn't pass the eye test for me. Too many cases this season where we conceded goals that weren't his fault, but where he should've done better. Also has a tendency to parry shots into danger.

Fooza

I’d add Dalot (been very good this year) and Martinez.
Dalot's been at united since 2018, he's been okay this season, why do fans always think a period of decent football should mean they're going to take us where we need to get. It's getting ridiculous

He really is a backup RB if you're really thinking of beating a City to a title in the future, people need to get their heads screwed on the quality that's truly needed to get us a level higher - and yes, I say that for half of the squad.

always_hoping

Dust needs to settle but not a night to be looking at any positivea when losing especially in that manner and to concede four goals to a Chelsea side who have been worse than United this season.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
You have got to be fecking kidding me.

Onana has all the fortitude of a poppadom and the agility of a pensioner on a solid dose of weed.

Hojlund has been less than stellar despite the physical effort. His game is nowhere the level to start for us, especially at 70m.

Mount is a discount London Beckham who is a complete waste of money and won't play because the Portuguese fraud captain shall always play no matter the man in charge.

I honestly didn't think I could ever have no hope but that's where I am right now given the names (Southgate uurgh) being linked to replace the current fraud-in-chief.

Heinzesight

Is the correct answer. Genuinely shocked people think he’s had this player of the year contender season.

The_Midfielder

You have got to be fecking kidding me.

Onana has all the fortitude of a poppadom and the agility of a pensioner on a solid dose of weed.

Hojlund has been less than stellar despite the physical effort. His game is nowhere the level to start for us, especially at 70m.

Mount is a discount London Beckham who is a complete waste of money and won't play because the Portuguese fraud captain shall always play no matter the man in charge.

I honestly didn't think I could ever have no hope but that's where I am right now given the names (Southgate uurgh) being linked to replace the current fraud-in-chief.
Onana gets done by shots that bounce right in front of him..
His technique is unorthodox ..and he tries to palm the ball away
Today's goal, Ziyech's freekick are all similar goals he has conceded

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I was just thinking what positives will he actually leave behind.

There's only Mainoo and Garnacho really and you can question his impact on them.

All of his signings have question marks over them for the next manager.

I'm far from convinced by Hojlund yet, same with Onana and I don't think Martinez will be first choice in a back 4 under a lot of managers.

redmanx

I don’t know. You can’t get rid of everybody else in one go. And whatever the hell is wrong with this team seems to metastacize to the rest pretty quickly. It’s quite disheartening.
Thats why we need to get shot of as many as possible as soon as possible; Maguire, Varane, Lindelof, Shaw, Antony, Wan Bissaka, Van De Beek, Rashford, Eriksen, Martial, Sancho, get them out before their lack of ambition, desire and spirit infects the younger players.
Yes, Maguire, Wan Bissaka, Antony, all played well tonight, but next match you just know they'll be crap again. As for Rashford the less said the better and Onana is an accident waiting to happen. The trouble is which properly run, ambitious club would want any of them?

Hughie77

Eth if he gets sack, Onana is next out door, somehow I can't see another manager putting up with him but who knows.. Mainoo, Garnacho are plusses

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
On the positive side just one more month till this season ends and we get rid of ETH

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Onana gets done by shots that bounce right in front of him..
His technique is unorthodox ..and he tries to palm the ball away
Today's goal, Ziyech's freekick are all similar goals he has conceded
Don't forget the other goal Palmer scored against us

PoTMS

...the pathetic bunch of cretins will get their pay reduced by 25%.

Irwin99

If we replace the manager with a better manager that list will grow dramatically.
Genuinely curious, any names from the current squad you'd add to that list? I'm just not sure I trust Rashford, Mctominay, Maguire, Shaw, Lindelof, AwB and Bruno to transform into vital parts of a title winning team having been, in some cases, under 3 or 4 different managers here already. Add to this Varane, Casemiro, Eriksen, Evans, who are clearly not part of the future and it looks a hell of a rebuild in order.

Blame EtH AND the previous managers and the club for this mess i'd argue.