One Direction

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
I bought my mate a One Direction Easter egg and I was really disappointed that they all had old pictures. Zayn didn't have his little bit of blonde in his hair and Liam still had long hair. I'm thinking of complaining in all honesty.

GiggsysGirl

Toxic Frogger
Can't say I listen to their music but they are utterly adorable.

Harry and/or Louis would definitely get it.

Disclaimer: If I was a few years younger :nervous:

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I could tolerate their existence until I heard their cover of Blondie's One Way Or Another, which has merged Teenage Kicks into the bit where they would probably have trouble singing the song. It makes me angry.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Harry's hair is getting a little wild:

binary bot
How do you end up with such a hatred of these guys but not Bieber? The only difference is that there's 5 of them.

Don16

Annoying cnut
Grown men who spend their time passionately hating the likes of one direction and justin bieber need to be hugged more often, they're shite, yes, but they're designed to appeal to young girls. If you don't like them then don't go to the gigs, simple.

M'n'M

"Keane will be awesome alongside Torres."
Grown men who spend their time passionately hating the likes of one direction and justin bieber need to be hugged more often, they're shite, yes, but they're designed to appeal to young girls. If you don't like them then don't go to the gigs, simple.
Absolutely spot on. I've had to listen to them performing live for 3 of the last 4 nights and while they are not my kind of music they are good at what they do. Simon Cowell knows his shit as these boys are making the most of it while they can.

I will never ever buy any of their music and don't want to ever hear another song but anyone who "hates" the likes of One Direction or Westlife etc. is trying too hard to fit in IMO. It's like a Liverpool fan who thinks he's a better fan than the next because he hates Everton more, or a United fan who feels he has to spout vile stuff about Liverpool to make him a proper United fan.

Closet gays the lot of them (the haters) if you ask me. Thou does protest too much.

Name Changed

weso26
Aren't hard to ignore? I never listen to the radio, and they're one of the biggest boybands in the world.

And yes, stealing the signature riff from a song is ripping the song off. Much like Oasis did.
When did Oasis do this as a matter of interest?

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I haven't listened to any of their songs. I've never knowingly listened to a single Justin Bieber song. I don't know how I've managed this but it's not something that I'm planning to change.

When I become President of the world, industrialised pop music will be the first thing to be eradicated in the bloody massacre, shortly followed by it's legion of screaming girl fans who have the combined emotional intelligence of Joey Barton's twitter account.

Liam147

On Probation
When did Oasis do this as a matter of interest?
Listen to Get It On by T Rex and Cigarettes and Alcohol. There's other examples, but that's the most noticeable.

EDIT: Here:

If you listen really closely, you can pick out the notes that are different. There's also Shakermaker from the Coca Cola adverts, Imagine - Don't Look Back In Anger

Others:

PhilipB

got third place in a Juan Mata lookalike contest
Last week, I either ran over a sheep or ran over a
Back to the other point, how're they not hard to ignore? I've never heard one full song by them but them, I don't own a tv so maybe that has an effect?

You can do this with some of the greatest artists as well. It's not consigned to shitty boy bands.

Bob Dylan ripped off shit loads of people. Everyone does it.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
They've done okay. I've not reached the point where I've bought any of their stuff (tho I do like That's What Makes You Beautiful) but good luck to them...little girls deserve to be catered for too. :) And rather by them than that pretentious little twat, Justin Bieber.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
As long as I don't have to actually listen to any of the music I can just about live with it. Although many of these little girls appear to be in their 20s.

Plus, when the main headline on the six o clock news is that Justin Bieber arrived slightly late for a concert, whilst at the same time North Korea threaten to launch World War III, it's time for everyone to have a long hard look at themselves.

Livvie

Scout
As long as I don't have to actually listen to any of the music I can just about live with it. Although many of these little girls appear to be in their 20s.

Plus, when the main headline on the six o clock news is that Justin Bieber arrived slightly late for a concert, whilst at the same time North Korea threaten to launch World War III, it's time for everyone to have a long hard look at themselves.
Probably a combination of the reality of that being far too awful to think about, and the NK threat being seen as ridiculous rhetoric. Plus they won't have the means to deliver a nuclear bomb for a while yet.

Would it cause WW3? Are any countries idiotic enough to support NK? I think they are becoming more and more isolated.

I would hope the politicians are doing what they can to avoid it. Us ordinary folk would probably prefer to hear about One Direction than being incinerated in a nuclear blast.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Us ordinary folk would probably prefer to hear about One Direction than being incinerated in a nuclear blast.
Not according to this thread. :D

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Probably a combination of the reality of that being far too awful to think about, and the NK threat being seen as ridiculous rhetoric. Plus they won't have the means to deliver a nuclear bomb for a while yet.

Would it cause WW3? Are any countries idiotic enough to support NK? I think they are becoming more and more isolated.

I would hope the politicians are doing what they can to avoid it. Us ordinary folk would probably prefer to hear about One Direction than being incinerated in a nuclear blast.
I suspect that despite all those valid points, it's still a more newsworthy story than Justin Bieber being slightly late for a concert. Was there an international day of mourning when a KOL concert at the O2 was cancelled completely because a bus set on fire?

A mate of mine went to the concert the following night, and Bieber nearly fainted and needed medical attention on stage...and now she doesn't fancy him anymore because this makes him a weak little weiner man.

I found no part of this story even slightly acceptable when it was told to me. Sometimes you go places you should simply never admit you've been. Justin Bieber concerts, other people's underwear draws, Stoke...redcafe...

Not according to this thread. :D
hehe

Livvie

Scout
I suspect that despite all those valid points, it's still a more newsworthy story than Justin Bieber being slightly late for a concert. Was there an international day of mourning when a KOL concert at the O2 was cancelled completely because a bus set on fire?

A mate of mine went to the concert the following night, and Bieber nearly fainted and needed medical attention on stage...and now she doesn't fancy him anymore because this makes him a weak little weiner man.

I found no part of this story even slightly acceptable when it was told to me. Sometimes you go places you should simply never admit you've been. Justin Bieber concerts, other people's underwear draws, Stoke...redcafe...

hehe
You're admitting to mates who like Justin Bieber?

Arrogant little git. (JB, not you.) Call me cynical, but seemed like a publicity stunt to get people back onside after the debacle earlier in the week.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Well, I've downgraded them to acquaintance.

You may be right, but apparently this stunt now makes him not a man so he can't be viewed as some kind of illegal sex idol anymore.

For the record, I never fancied him that much anyway.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don't take any notice of any of this pop malarky and as such it really doesn't bother me. It's not aimed at me, it's aimed at 13 year old girls so why would you let it offend you?

He's a pretty teenage boy that sings "catchy" pop songs, dances a bit and hangs around with Disney actors. I don't see why people let these people even enter their conscience and to complain about them is no different to a 13 year old girl or middle aged lady (not all of course) "not getting" Football and being bloody sick of it being all over the news and papers. "Who bloody cares about Wayne Rooney". How many times have you heard that? I couldn't give a rats about his personal life either but I like hearing about him playing for United, I don't expect a 13 year old girl to get that but at the same time, they probably don't have threads on a Bieber forum complaining about hearing about Wayne sodding Rooney either.

Tibs

The song that Ed Sheeran wrote for them was good!

Liam147

On Probation
Us ordinary folk would probably prefer to hear about One Direction being incinerated in a nuclear blast.
:drool:
I don't take any notice of any of this pop malarky and as such it really doesn't bother me. It's not aimed at me, it's aimed at 13 year old girls so why would you let it offend you?
Because it isn't just 13 year old girls who like them. Like Livvie said, they have fanbases into their 20s.

Livvie

Scout
:drool:

Because it isn't just 13 year old girls who like them. Like Livvie said, they have fanbases into their 20s.
No, I never. Noodle said that. Not that I'm disagreeing, but get it right. :)