Other PL Transfer Chat

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Basically I want a thread to post about us (Everton) and other clubs in the league and what they're doing.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ews/everton-kurt-zouma-transfer-news-16546665

Zouma is the next prime target and Silva has made no secret of his desire to land the France international.

But the Everton manager has once again stressed that the club have lined up alternatives to 24-year-old Zouma.

“I am hopeful,” Silva told the ECHO.

“I think I am hopeful like all of our fans are but I have to tell you that we have different solutions because we cannot just have one solution. I have different solutions in my mind but I am hopeful and if we can give our fans this fantastic feeling it will be key.
As most of our fanbase thought, Gomes and Zouma were priorities. Gomes at 20m is a snip in the current market and Zouma would have been wrapped up quickly if not for the Lampard deal at Chelsea. I was super confident we would get him when Sarri was at the helm but now I'm only around 60% confident. If we do get him I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of clause added into the deal.

Aside from this it looks like we are in for another clear-out this summer. With Vlasic already gone for a good price, Mirallas, Sandro (loan again), Bolasie, Niasse, Tosun and Besic will follow fairly swiftly I think.

That leaves us in need for 2 FW players. I'd like to see Lookman get a lot more game time this year but can't help but feel that we will push for someone like Neres.

Apart from us I'm interested as to what Wolves do. Leicester look interesting too but it depends on their outs as they may lose first team players whereas I doubt anyone from our first XI will go.

Dahnsouff

Supports
Leicester City
[Leicester City] Update
- Today it is expected that the signing of Youri Tielemans will be completed. Agreements reached with both Monaco and the player.
(Cannot embed link)
- Sounds like one more planned signing after Youri, another attacking player
- Could be one further signing dependant upon Harry leaving
(Thought this type of header might give a designation for simplicity)

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
How much is Zouma going for? I'd take him at United tbf.

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
Wolves tend to keep their transfer business very quiet. We're normally linked with loads and then sign people that were not linked with. We will sign additions but also keep the small squad that Nuno prefers. Having spent 40m already on making Jimenez and Dendonckers loans permanent i can't see us spending a huge amount more, but maybe a couple of loans.

JB7

Wolves tend to keep their transfer business very quiet. We're normally linked with loads and then sign people that were not linked with. We will sign additions but also keep the small squad that Nuno prefers. Having spent 40m already on making Jimenez and Dendonckers loans permanent i can't see us spending a huge amount more, but maybe a couple of loans.

I've got a lot of mates who are STHs at Wolves so have an interest in them doing pretty well, in my opinion y
ou'll need a starting centre back to push on (maybe 2 but it doesn't seem like he wants to replace Coady anytime soon), also a back up right back and another striker for the squad with how seriously it sounds you'll be taking the Europa.​

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
I've got a lot of mates who are STHs at Wolves so have an interest in them doing pretty well, in my opinion you'll need a starting centre back to push on (maybe 2 but it doesn't seem like he wants to replace Coady anytime soon), also a back up right back and another striker for the squad with how seriously it sounds you'll be taking the Europa.​
i think that's pretty much spot on with what we're looking at.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
How much is Zouma going for? I'd take him at United tbf.
No idea. Crappy papers are saying around 30m which would be cracking. You could see at the start of last season he was still in his Stoke form and was quite poor but at the latter end of the season he was fantastic. Showing exactly why he was so highly touted as a teen and that after a slight wobble in his career he’s got what it takes to go to the top again.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
[Leicester City] Update
- Today it is expected that the signing of Youri Tielemans will be completed. Agreements reached with both Monaco and the player.
(Cannot embed link)
- Sounds like one more planned signing after Youri, another attacking player
- Could be one further signing dependant upon Harry leaving
(Thought this type of header might give a designation for simplicity)
Tielemans will be a great signing, both as a statement and on the field. Keeping Maddison and and Maguire are key. With Morgan on his way out at 35, having a leader at the back is pivotal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Lewindowski
Neres - Sigurdsson - Richarlison
That's a tidy little front 4. Maybe worry about Calvert-Lewin's ability in front of goal, but Richarlison and Sigurdsson are good for 10+ a piece.

Dahnsouff

Supports
Leicester City
Tielemans will be a great signing, both as a statement and on the field. Keeping Maddison and and Maguire are key. With Morgan on his way out at 35, having a leader at the back is pivotal.
It is certainly getting interesting among the "best of the rest" (God, I hate that term) level teams. You must be chuffed to get Gomes in, quick sharp as well.

Wolves have turned the loans they wanted into permanent and offloaded the others.
West Ham? God knows with them.
You say you need a clear out, and we will also need to shift some timber I think
(Slimani, Silva, James, King, Diabate, Ghezzal, etc)

Morgan will probably just stay until he wants to return to Forest, he has earned his time.

Last edited by a moderator:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Lewindowski
That's a tidy little front 4. Maybe worry about Calvert-Lewin's ability in front of goal, but Richarlison and Sigurdsson are good for 10+ a piece.
That front 4 is better than ours. But that's none of my business.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Lewindowski
Aye, I'd expect Calvert-Lewin to push on this season and get 10+ goals, especially if another FW comes in to join the party. He's shown at youth levels for England he is capable of scoring a bunch when he's consistently in a side and gels with them but as you say, it helps that Richarlison and Gylfi will get 10+ goals each too. Means that his lack of scoring is an issue but not as much because they play off his strengths beautifully.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Going to be interesting to keep an eye on the teams who are chasing the current top 6 and see how close they can get. Right now Leicester, Everton and Wolves seem to have the finances, structure and ambition to push on. Personally don't think there will be any teams who will break into the top 6 this season, but stranger things have happened and who knows. Last season Wolves came 7th with 57 points, I wouldn't be surprised to see all those three teams get over 60 points next season.

Question to fans of the teams chasing the current top 6; what constitutes as a successful season for you next season?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Going to be interesting to keep an eye on the teams who are chasing the current top 6 and see how close they can get. Right now Leicester, Everton and Wolves seem to have the finances, structure and ambition to push on. Personally don't think there will be any teams who will break into the top 6 this season, but stranger things have happened and who knows. Last season Wolves came 7th with 57 points, I wouldn't be surprised to see all those three teams get over 60 points next season.

Question to fans of the teams chasing the current top 6; what constitutes as a successful season for you next season?
Getting back into Europe and/or a trophy. For the owners getting back into Europe is a must otherwise they'll start thinking twice about investing more into the club but I'd be happy if we came 8th again and won the FA Cup. Even if we finish 5th or 6th we really need to have a better cup run this season. Getting kicked out by Millwall was dreadful.

Forgive me if i'm wrong about the other clubs but i feel like Wolves last season were fairly consistent throughout. As in they didn't have really good patches and then really bad ones. They were just up and down consistently compared to us who had that patch from Jan - March where it looked like Silva was going to be sacked before he turned it around. That Jan-March patch really fecked our European chances.

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
A successful season would be a top half finish and reaching at least the group stages of EL. Ideally we would be looking to improve on the points tally from last season and close the gap between 6th and 7th.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Getting back into Europe and/or a trophy. For the owners getting back into Europe is a must otherwise they'll start thinking twice about investing more into the club but I'd be happy if we came 8th again and won the FA Cup. Even if we finish 5th or 6th we really need to have a better cup run this season. Getting kicked out by Millwall was dreadful.

Forgive me if i'm wrong about the other clubs but i feel like Wolves last season were fairly consistent throughout. As in they didn't have really good patches and then really bad ones. They were just up and down consistently compared to us who had that patch from Jan - March where it looked like Silva was going to be sacked before he turned it around. That Jan-March patch really fecked our European chances.
If you can continue and kick on from the form you had the end end of last season you'll have a great season. It took some time, and I remember thinking you were awful for a few months after Christmas as you say, but then it all turned around and you had some impressive performances including wins against Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea as well as draws against Liverpool and us, and I thought you were unlucky against City. I think you can get within touching distance of the top 6 and personally that should be enough for the board to see that the investment is paying off.

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
Forgive me if i'm wrong about the other clubs but i feel like Wolves last season were fairly consistent throughout. As in they didn't have really good patches and then really bad ones. They were just up and down consistently
We were consistently good against the top six and consistently bad against the bottom teams, like giving Huddersfield 6 points. That is something that I hope we can improve next season.

Yidarmy

Supports
Tottenham
Well if you believe the press, which I don't, following Ndembele and Clarke (straight back out on Loan) we are signing the following

Ceballus, Both Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Saliba, Fernandes, van de Beek, Maddison, Brooks, Aka, Zaniolo, Chigwell and I'm sure I have missed some

And we are selling Trippier, Carter-Vickers, Rose, Wanyama, Onomah, Janssen, Alderweireld, Eriksen

Personally I think we will buy Lo Celso (spoken with Poch already), Ceballus (if Eriksen gets his move to Madrid), Aka or another CB if Alderweireld goes, Chigwell or another RB if Trippier goes (which I hope) and both Sessegnon's and I believe we will try to off load Wanyama, Janssen, Carter-Vickers and Onomah

But it is silly season, think (some of) our players and management are back in training today so guess things will start to move a bit quicker now

Last edited:

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Well if you believe the press, which I don't, following Ndembele and Clarke (straight back out on Loan) we are signing the following

Ceballus, Both Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Saliba, Fernandes, van de Beek, Maddison, Brooks, Aka, Zaniolo, Chigwell and I'm sure I have missed some

And we are selling Trippier, Carter-Vickers, Rose, Wanyama, Onomah, Janssen, Alderweireld, Eriksen

Personally I think we will buy Lo Celso (spoken with Poch already), Ceballus (if Eriksen gets his move to Madrid), Aka or another CB if Alderweireld goes, Chigwell or another RB if Trippier goes (which I hope) and both Sessegnon's and I believe we will try to off load Wanyama, Janssen, Carter-Vickers and Onomah

But it is silly season, think (some of) our players and management are back in training today so guess things will start to move a bit quicker now
There have been made threads for some specific teams, and there is a thread on Spurs already here. Should probably keep this thread about teams without that luxury :)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I wasn't expecting Delph but i understand the reasons behind it. Experience and depth for the squad. He basically replaces Besic/McCarthy/Baines/etc for whoever leaves the club and whoever gets injured which is great (assuming he doesn't get injured too). Don't see him starting loads but he should be a valuable squad member.

Lookman is just meh. I wish we didn't feck him about but since that loan move he's had his eye on leaving and I don't blame him. We will make a nice profit on him too which helps. Can see us regretting that but whatever.

From what Silva is saying I don't think we are going to buy another starting player unless something drastic changes. Zouma would have been the first teamer to come in but I don't think he will come anymore so I'm feeling a bit pessimistic now. We did this last season though and then pulled out 3 on the last day that were all great for us so i'll just retreat for a bit.

The Maguire deal is gonna be big for the league. If it goes through then another level has been reached in terms of lower clubs selling players.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’m surprised Everton have been so uninspired in the market considering the owner is a billionaire and they’ve hardly spent a penny. Maybe the books need to be balanced a bit?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I’m surprised Everton have been so uninspired in the market considering the owner is a billionaire and they’ve hardly spent a penny. Maybe the books need to be balanced a bit?
Didn’t see this before. I’m not sure what we are up to at the moment but last season we were very late with a couple of deals so it might be similar this season when most of our deals are wrapped up in the last week.

I’m really worried and turning into some of you lot regarding us as losing Gueye would be a really big blow. Delphi is fine but we really need to get another midfielder if Gueye goes to replace him and DCLs pre-season form shows that we really need a striker. Plus Walcott is crap still.

That means ST/RW needed definitely + CM if Gueye goes. CB also probably due to Zouma likely not coming back.

Kean and Zaha/Neres/Malcolm seem to be the deals we are working on and I’d be happy with any of those two. We really need to reinforce some finishing quality up top.