Our away fans

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Nonsense? It sends the wrong message. The players may think it was not that bad of a performance, as per Carragher. The players don’t deserve it.
I think it shows the players that the fans are win/lose/draw and (hopefully) made the players feel embarrassed

Fan support for the club (through thick and thin) and support of this particular bunch of players are separate things. I’ll always love United… this specific bunch of players are the worst team I’ve ever seen.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I was frustrated last night tbh. Found it weird that ETH wasn't there with the players though, the man talks so much about the amazing support, you'd think he'd show up at least
In a slight defence of him - he never tends to come over even after the big away wins. So he is consistent with it.

Son

This is the one thing United still have that is best in class. The fanbase.

People talk about Real Madrid fans as great for the opposite reasons but the facts are in Italy and Spain ultras would have turned up at the training ground by now and forced their way in to see the players / manager in person at least once this decade.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.

People talk about Real Madrid fans as great for the opposite reasons but the facts are in Italy and Spain ultras would have turned up at the training ground by now and forced their way in to see the players / manager in person at least once this decade.
We also did that - although it was 20 blokes form Moston in Rockport tracksuits with a home made banner.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

Our away support is the best in the world and I'm proud of that but I won't lie I've wanted that more than a few times this decade.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
There's a time and a place for booing the team off, last night wasn't it. Defiance was ace to see. I'm also not sure what our response should be if we aren't defiant.

A couple of other points I'll repeat from previous threads.

- The Glazers essentially had people threatening to attack them and effigies in the ground when they took over in 2005. It had zero impact.

- Our problems aren't necessarily tied to one person or issue. The only two successful protests organised by our fans in recent years have been against the Super League and against the reintegration of Greenwood. Both of those were against one issue and that makes it a lot easier to campaign. If you tried to organise a revolt last night, some would have gone for the owners, others the players and/or the manager.

eire-red

Thinking about it, as a player I think I'd rather the abuse and boos if I was a United player last night.

To me it's like the fans were reminding the players they'll support the club forever. The players, meh.

Frank Grimes

I think our away fans are brilliant in general. I also feel that a lot of this singing when we're getting piped by Palace is attention seeking nonsense. "Hey look at us we don't care the we're getting mullered we love the club whatever". Makes me sick to my stomach.

Kopral Jono

I think our away fans are brilliant in general. I also feel that a lot of this singing when we're getting piped by Palace is attention seeking nonsense. "Hey look at us we don't care the we're getting mullered we love the club whatever". Makes me sick to my stomach.
There is an element of this, yeah. I agree with you.

JB7

We also did that - although it was 20 blokes form Moston in Rockport tracksuits with a home made banner.
I love people who have never, and will never, do anything they are talking about, telling us what we should and shouldn't do.

I got speaking to a few lads in Orlando last year on holiday who were saying they couldn't believe I went all over watching us and that I should be somehow simultaneously boycotting the games and also protesting against the owners heavily at the games; and that it should be made hell for the Glazers whenever they show their faces etc. I said to them after a while, "lads, you're all allowed to carry guns about all day, they live less than 200 miles away from you, what the feck have you ever done" and they proceeded to tell me it wasn't their place and we should be the ones protesting.

kaku06

Vulgarian
On one side, I’m glad that we have such amazing away support. Fills me with pride. They always sing non stop. Even the palace fans and commentators were surprised last night. Fecking ace and best in the land.

On the other side, in a crisis like this I want them to stop being a fecking Capella and fling some turds towards these shit cnuts. Go full madridistas waiting in the parking lot and what not. These players deserve everything. cnuts.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
On the other side, in a crisis like this I want them to stop being a fecking Capella and fling some turds towards these shit cnuts. Go full madridistas waiting in the parking lot and what not. These players deserve everything. cnuts.
I was starving after the match mate, went and got some fried chicken.

Rockets Redglare

I love people who have never, and will never, do anything they are talking about, telling us what we should and shouldn't do.

I got speaking to a few lads in Orlando last year on holiday who were saying they couldn't believe I went all over watching us and that I should be somehow simultaneously boycotting the games and also protesting against the owners heavily at the games; and that it should be made hell for the Glazers whenever they show their faces etc. I said to them after a while, "lads, you're all allowed to carry guns about all day, they live less than 200 miles away from you, what the feck have you ever done" and they proceeded to tell me it wasn't their place and we should be the ones protesting.
And then everyone stood up and clapped.

tomaldinho1

Be a pretty damn weird thing to make up pal. Bar was called Elixir. Hope this helps.
:lol: this made me chuckle. Not doubting your story at all, but the idea of you providing the name of the bar as proof got me.

"Random story, I banged Rachel from S club 7 when I was younger"
"Bullshit mate"
"It was at the Queen's Head"
"You lucky bastard"

JB7

:lol: this made me chuckle. Not doubting your story at all, but the idea of you providing the name of the bar as proof got me.

"Bullshit mate"
"You lucky bastard"
:lol: yeah fair point. Be an odd thing to make up, obviously there was a bit more context than in my original post as it was a longer conversation but irrelevant really. Thinking back the highlight was actually them thinking I was there to watch an NFL game or something instead because I hadn't got a United shirt on while they were sitting there in their adidas United jackets shirts and scarves (jackets and scarves in Orlando in fecking August the mentalists) telling me I shouldn't be spending money watching the club.

Sir Marcus

:houllier:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
If you want to go all Ultra, Carrington is on Google Maps. Have at it, instead of wondering why other fans don't do that while you post from the comfort of your own home in London/Singapore/Seattle

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Maybe it's because of the sense that the good times are on their way or just that ole has restored some pride back but it's the loudest in recent seasons
FFS, that comment hasn't aged well... :rolleyes:

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Only our "Top Reds" could watch this shit in the ground and just mindlessly go through the songbook rather than give the manager and these players what they bloody deserve.

Spineless and just leads these players to believe they can get away with this shit. Standards have dropped, not just on the pitch.
I went to Everton away under Ole where we lost 4-0 but had a similarly defiant, vocal support. Thankfully drips like you weren't stood in the away end with us, otherwise we'd have felt even more miserable.

thisisnottaken1

"Bullshit mate"
"You lucky bastard"
Sounds like a conversation from the Inbetweeners.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

If you want to go all Ultra, Carrington is on Google Maps. Have at it, instead of wondering why other fans don't do that while you post from the comfort of your own home in London/Singapore/Seattle
That responsibility shouldn't fall on my shoulders. It should be down the matchgoing fans only. Those bloody Top Reds should prove how Top they actually are instead of having the temerity to make the best out of a bad away day.

JohnnyKills

Agree. There's definitely an element of performative attention-seeking in our fanbase: a lot of fans think this is their time to shine after being called glory-hunters for so long.

I thought Monday's chanting was fine though. And given that Ineos have already started cleaning house, there's not much point in booing anyway right?!

Judas

Open to offers
Am I reading some of these posts correctly? Our away support, which is getting praised throughout football fanbases, makes some of you sick to your stomach?

Attention seeking by....showing support :lol: :houllier:

black country red

Am I reading some of these posts correctly? Our away support, which is getting praised throughout football fanbases, makes some of you sick to your stomach?

Half these so called fans on here wouldn’t know they were in Manchester if you dropped them off a plane over the arndale centre let alone the away grounds ultras my arse

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

People will disagree over anything on here :lol: