Our home form - how many points should we be looking at?

Inter Yer Nan

West Ham marked 30 games without losing at home in all competitions. Obviously a ton of draws in there where we were wasteful but seems Mourinho is slowly bringing back his amazing record of seldom losing a home game and hopefully we can continue to play with confidence. Also bodes well for Europe in that we concede very few at home.

I think if we are going to really make a push this season we really ought to be winning 14/15 home games which is very achievable. Basically just turn half those draws from last season into wins as our away form was generally good until we put all our eggs in the Europa League basket.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
We should be making OT a fortress so at the very least 14 wins out of 18.

Was it 2010/11 where we won every game apart from WBA at home? Ended up with 52 points from 54?

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Surely the target for home should be unbeaten with minimal draws. So 15 wins and 4 draws seems like a good target

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
West Ham marked 30 games without losing at home in all competitions..
I didn't know that, it's pretty impressive, and a great building block to start from.
So 19 home games has a maximum return of 57 points.

Ideally we'd drop fewer than 10 points at home.
That would allow one defeat and three draws, and 15 wins which I hope isn't too unrealistic... :)

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I remember 2010/11. We won 18 home games and drew the one we didn't win. That kind of record is what we should be aspiring to every season.

We're Man United. Like Jose said when he came here. We need to throw off the low aspirations of the Moyes, Van Gaal era. We should be aiming to win the league and beat everyone who rocks up at Old Trafford.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Probably 90% of points to be in title contention.

shaky

Last season, Spurs managed 17 wins and 2 draws from their 19 home games. We should be looking to emulate that.

Robertd0803

We should be making OT a fortress so at the very least 14 wins out of 18.

Was it 2010/11 where we won every game apart from WBA at home? Ended up with 52 points from 54?
And threw away a 2-0 lead vs West Brom. Maximum points is what we should be aiming for and certainly not drawing/losing any games once we are ahead.

Inebriated bison

Simple answer. 57 points. Opponents should fear coming to Old Trafford. They should already have lost before the game even starts.

Canagel

The target should be at least 15 home wins. We're unbeaten at home since the 2-1 defeat to City last September. There is no reason why we can't stay unbeaten this season especially now that we've strengthened the squad.

Lentwood

Last season we won 8 home games. That is pitiful. I would accept a point at home against City. Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea *should* be beatable at home, however I will accept that we won't win all four, and each of those sides can beat us home or away.

So that leaves us with 13 games where we should definitely be winning. Considering the number of games we drew last year at home, that should add roughly 10pts with identical results at home against last year's top 6 (W2, D2, L1)

If we want to win the league, 15 home wins, 2 home draws and a single defeat should be good enough. Then much hinges on whether we can replicate our away form which was actually very good until we effectively gave up due to injuries and fixture congestion